Author Topic: Penn & Teller: Exercise vs Genetics...  (Read 8132 times)

clued-up

• Getbig V
Re: Penn & Teller: Exercise vs Genetics...
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 06:15:26 PM »
I dont understand

Everyone can build muscle, get lean and look good.......Having the model look is easy if you are disicplined enough

Someone please correct me if im wrong here?  ???

You are incorrect.. genetics are everything.

body88

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 09:04:21 PM »
Oh brother. Penn and fucking telling giving advice on exercise?

This video is just one long winded EXCUSE for fat pieces of shit like those two, to dodge exercising and eating right.

Not everyone can be a fitness model, or look like the models that you see in the mags, but anyone can get lean and build a little muscle with proper diet and dedication to exercise.

Jack Lalane "hit the gentic jackpot"? LMAO, what a shitty video.

I know I'm being redundant, here...but, fuck it, this video is among the dumber things that I've seen recently.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »
I couldn't believe the personal trainer/model guy could actually say with a straight face that the lady he was training would someday be on the cover of a fitness magazine! I guess flattery can make you a buck!

Why couldnt she though?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 10:42:36 PM »
Our genetics may determine both our basic strengths and our weaknesses. One can always improve on their genetics if they believe this and they are willing to work hard enough to achieve realistic goals. Obviously, an adult who is 5'5" isn't ever going to be 6'2". What they can be is a really fit 5'5"  person regardless of whether they are a mesomorph, an endomorph, an ectomorph or somewhere on a scale in between these body types. Up to a point, steroids can help you temporarily achieve things you wouldn't be able to achieve on naturally. However, everything we do has a price.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 11:07:17 PM »
One can always improve on their genetics if they believe this and they are willing to work hard enough

You’re a Matt C gimmick.. so its understandable why a runt like yourself would like for that to be the case, but its not.

Genetics are fixed. You can not alter them; you can not escape them.

An oddly shaped runt will remain an oddly shaped runt.. no matter what they do in the gym.

65stew

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2010, 05:29:42 PM »
Why couldnt she though?
I guess she could if she had her own magazine like Oprah.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2010, 06:26:12 PM »
I'm watching now. I'm not completely sold. The entire idea of working out is about FIGHTING the body's predisposition. You fight more or less, but you fight.  ANYONE can look decent without drugs if they push hard enough and diet properly. Anything else is bullshit.

HAHAHA! I just realized that guy Clark was the same guy that played Batman in 'Dead End'.

Almost always, yes.

epic_alien

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2010, 07:31:34 PM »
sooo, your saying plazmosis doesnt work?

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2010, 08:11:58 PM »
Fuck yeh, it does!
Almost always, yes.