Author Topic: Chicagoland Bombshell.....Obama knew!  (Read 1589 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Chicagoland Bombshell.....Obama knew!
« on: June 24, 2010, 04:18:07 PM »
 June 24, 2010
BY NATASHA KORECKI AND SARAH OSTMAN Staff Reporters

A top aide to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich said he believed Barack Obama knew of Blagojevich's plot to win himself a presidential Cabinet post in exchange for appointing Valerie Jarrett to the U.S. Senate.

John Harris, Blagojevich's former chief of staff, testified Wednesday in the former governor's corruption trial that three days after the Nov. 4, 2008, presidential election, the ex-governor told Harris he felt confident Obama knew he wanted to swap perks.
» Click to enlarge image
John Harris, Rod Blagojevich's ex-chief of staff, said he was convinced Barack Obama knew of the quid quo pro Blagojevich expected for a Senate nod.
(Richard A. Chapman/Sun-Times)

RELATED STORIES
Blago: Obama's list of acceptable candidates 'B.S.' Live updates: The Blago Blog Sneed: Grand plans on Blago's Indian post

Rod Blagojevich and his wife, Patti, are on the phone discussing a job possibility at a labor organization.

Patti Blagojevich is looking online for salary information.

Rod Blagojevich: It doesn't matter. You're . . . just wasting f------ time . . . We're simply saying, create this position. Here's what I want . . .

Patti Blagojevich: Yeah.

R.B.: How about I hang up on you? What are you doin'? What is this? . . .

P.B.: I tried to be helpful and you jumped down my f------throat . . .

R.B.: I don't like you talkin' in some weird f------ way.

Rod Blagojevich to his wife on Barack Obama's marriage

R.B.: He's more henpecked than me. So he listens to Michelle Obama more than I listen to you.

Rod Blagojevich on a job with the Salvation Army

R.B.: Oh, that would be huge. But do you have to wear a uniform? Forget that.

Rod Blagojevich on a job at the United Way

R.B: The United Way. What is the United Way?

Rod Blagojevich on his potty mouth

R.B.: That's f------ good. I gotta stop swearin.' I gotta stop swearin'.

P.B: It's terrible.

R.B.: Yeah.

P.B.: Total gutter mouth.

R.B.: Very bad.

"The president understands that the governor would be willing to make the appointment of Valerie Jarrett as long as he gets what he's asked for. . . . The governor gets the Cabinet appointment he's asked for," Harris said, explaining a recorded call.

Harris said Blagojevich came away believing Obama knew what he wanted after having a conversation with a local union representative, who in turn spoke with labor leader Tom Balanoff, with whom Blagojevich met to discuss a Jarrett appointment. Jarrett, now a White House adviser, was seeking the appointment to Obama's Senate seat.

Defense lawyers say Harris' testimony contradicts the government's previous public statements that Obama knew nothing about deal-making involving the Senate seat appointment.

The defense on Wednesday moved to force the prosecution to turn over FBI reports of Obama's interview with federal agents in December of 2008. Obama is not accused of wrongdoing.

"Testimony elicited by the government from John Harris and wiretaps played in court raise the issue of President Obama's direct knowledge and communication with emissaries and others regarding the appointment to his Senate seat," lawyers wrote in the filing.

The filing came on the trial's third day of the extensive playback of recordings in which Blagojevich is heard repeatedly discussing ways to personally capitalize on his Senate seat appointment power. Blagojevich could be heard plotting to try to head up a charity; swearing and snapping at his wife, Patti, and dismissing the possibility of a federal position that pays $190,000 a year.

"I make $170 . . . So Fred, that has no appeal to me . . . I want to make money," Blagojevich tells national Democratic consultant Fred Yang. "I might as well go out and find a way to make money."

Obama's 2008 internal report about his staff's contacts with Blagojevich at the time indicates that Balanoff relayed to Jarrett that Blagojevich was interested in a Health and Human Services Cabinet post.

Recordings also revealed that Blagojevich had tried to get the Chicago Tribune's editorial board fired after it ran a series of disparaging write-ups about the then-governor.

Harris testified that he ignored Blagojevich's firing directive.

Also Wednesday, U.S. District Judge James Zagel refused to gag the talkative Blagojevich as prosecutors had asked. Zagel said Blagojevich keeps saying he's innocent, and that anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/blagojevich/2427402,CST-NWS-BLAGO24.article

The plot thickens with Obama. I guess Clinton getting a BJ and lying about it wasn't that bad after all!!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Chicagoland Bombshell.....Obama knew!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 04:39:10 PM »
another bombshell :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

this is getting old you and 333386 are grasping at straws

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »

Go read the front page of the Huffington Post and get back to us. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »
Go read the front page of the Huffington Post and get back to us. 

He'll still deny it. That article was from the Chicago Sun Times.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 06:08:39 PM »
So just to be clear.... chief-of-staff to a complete liar and BSer like Blago makes a claim... I think we may need a little more than his braggadocio before we reach a conclusion.

Please deliver more evidence before making the claim that he knew.  Make that headline, "chief of staff to major bullshitter says he knew".

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »
So just to be clear.... chief-of-staff to a complete liar and BSer like Blago makes a claim... I think we may need a little more than his braggadocio before we reach a conclusion.

Please deliver more evidence before making the claim that he knew.  Make that headline, "chief of staff to major bullshitter says he knew".

Please Rob, don't be so naive to think he didn't know (something)!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 07:24:28 PM »

but the nat enq was proof enough for you to say that palin was cheating on her husband and that her kid was actually her daughters... ::) ::) ::)

nooooo your not bias at all  ;)

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 07:55:13 PM »
it will all come out on the tapes, if the judge lets them all be played, but i   bet obama has had some talks with that judge about what gets played though ???
down with hussein

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 03:37:12 AM »
Does anyone here except for the mindlessly naive and dishonest left wing trolls really believe it's a coincidence that Obama is mixed in with all of these corrupt POS?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 05:20:15 AM »
GW - of course they believe Obama is completly clean of all this corruption. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 07:32:22 AM »
Please Rob, don't be so naive to think he didn't know (something)!

I see.  He didn't know "something".  Should we send him to prison for 40 years for knowing "something"?

Bush, however, "lost" every email from 8 years, "got confused" on 911, "overlooked" a 911 memo, and a shitload of other things you just chalk up to not being his fault.

But because some guy looking at prison for selling a Senate seat decides to make an accusation - hey, Obama must be guilty, right?

Look, if Obama is on tape saying something, by all means, get the impeachment ready.  But if you're completely convinced because some dude looking at prison made an accusation, well, you're being awfully politically selective with your burdens of proof.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 08:53:45 AM »
I see.  He didn't know "something".  Should we send him to prison for 40 years for knowing "something"?

Bush, however, "lost" every email from 8 years, "got confused" on 911, "overlooked" a 911 memo, and a shitload of other things you just chalk up to not being his fault.

But because some guy looking at prison for selling a Senate seat decides to make an accusation - hey, Obama must be guilty, right?

Look, if Obama is on tape saying something, by all means, get the impeachment ready.  But if you're completely convinced because some dude looking at prison made an accusation, well, you're being awfully politically selective with your burdens of proof.

I have no doubt Obama & rahmn were in on this, but without a tape or something in writing, nothing will stick. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 09:37:21 AM »
I have no doubt Obama & rahmn were in on this, but without a tape or something in writing, nothing will stick. 

Well, "Stick" means there is evidence.

If the only evidence is the word of a man who lies about everything and is desperate for a story to tell, who is point blankk guilty on tape like Blago...

Well, most reasonable people will need more evidence than just his baseless accusation as he prepares for prison.  His defense - accuse everyone up to the POTUS, then scream when they refuse to testify at his trial - is silly.  The next time I run a stop sign, I can tell the judge that Obama gave me permission to... I mean, until  Obama actually flies to Florida and takes the stand and denies it, well, it must be true...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 09:40:06 AM »
Well, "Stick" means there is evidence.

If the only evidence is the word of a man who lies about everything and is desperate for a story to tell, who is point blankk guilty on tape like Blago...

Well, most reasonable people will need more evidence than just his baseless accusation as he prepares for prison.  His defense - accuse everyone up to the POTUS, then scream when they refuse to testify at his trial - is silly.  The next time I run a stop sign, I can tell the judge that Obama gave me permission to... I mean, until  Obama actually flies to Florida and takes the stand and denies it, well, it must be true...

Obama "Judge me by those I surround myself with"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 09:44:42 AM »
Obama "Judge me by those I surround myself with"

I see.  So it's no longer a thread on his legal guilt. 

Now it's about his moral character.  I thought we determined that about 2 years ago?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 09:46:41 AM »
I see.  So it's no longer a thread on his legal guilt. 

Now it's about his moral character.  I thought we determined that about 2 years ago?

I certainly did, but you seem to still be smitten with him. 

Do you really think that he is the only clean politician to have ever come from Chicago?  How naive are you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »
I never said he was clean.   I only said the word of a buddy of a guy about to go to prison for being caught dogshite guilty of a felony - on tape - isn't evidence of anything.

We live in a pretty transparent society thanks to the web.   Politicians can't get away with shit like they used to.  The fact blago can't provide any evidence makes me wonder if Obama is involved...  Blago is itching to toss obama under the bus, obviously.  but no proof?  Blago might as well be accusing the Pope.  This is america - without evidence, Obama is clean on the issue, no matter how guilty he might really be.

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 10:05:45 AM »

Yup. Obama AND Slick Willie are just innocent...

But HALIBURTON!!! NOW THAT'S A SCANDAL!!!!

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 10:16:37 AM »
See, the thing with this is this is politics at its worst. But it is still politics. The the problem for Obama is he campaigned on a more ethical and transparent administration... Um...

NOT!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 10:18:37 AM »
See, the thing with this is this is politics at its worst. But it is still politics. The the problem for Obama is he campaigned on a more ethical and transparent administration... Um...

NOT!

Only a complete moron believed Obama was ever anything but an incompetent marxist chicago street hustler.

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 10:19:52 AM »
Only a complete moron believed Obama was ever anything but an incompetent marxist chicago street hustler.
Yup. But the sad part is 333, they voted for him.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »

This plot will thickin Rob you watch. Obama and his "transparency" have been a joke since day one.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 11:07:25 AM »
This plot will thickin Rob you watch. Obama and his "transparency" have been a joke since day one.

Okay.  So you agree there is currently no evidence of Obama's guilt/involvement?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 11:12:54 AM »
hahaha the plot will thicken according to who?  This is like the whole Obama thesis that was made up.  Caused quite a stir among you Ct'ers on here, but in reality was not true.  Just like the kenyan birth certificate nonsense. 
Abandon every hope...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 11:16:11 AM »
it might be true.  anything might be true.

until we see evidence, its' nothing.