Author Topic: growth  (Read 1203 times)

bearn8v

• Getbig II
growth
« on: June 28, 2010, 07:36:43 PM »
I can't get any size to my chest I hit it from all angles. I have jad trainers try to help me and nothing I am gaining size everywhere except my chest can anybody help me out with this has anyone else had this problem? ???

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: growth
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:52:38 PM »
Feel free to outline you unsuccessful chest programs. As exercises, sets. reps and days a week training. How long have you been training and stuff like that. And if you are male or female. Most guy's do not even hint to how they have been working out and expect people here to solve their problems.

Just to say, the pecs are pretty easy to develop for most people. Probably the most over hyped exercise for the chest is the BB bench press. Not the most effective pec builder. DB's would be a better replacement (flat or incline..declines leaves a lot to be desired), as would Pec decks and dips (elbows out and leaning into the exercise). Good luck.
F

bearn8v

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »
I'm male. Been lifting for bout three months Usuall do BB bench then incline decline even pullovers and flys. My form is good on all I've been told by other ppl as well as trainers. My set usually go 5sets at 10-8-6-6-5 reps increasing the weight with each set wih the last 5 reps usually being as close to failure without needing a spot

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 08:31:05 AM »
What or who are jad trainers? Hope your not paying them money.

might consider:

Bench...DB's
Dips...weighted
Pec Deck...prefer the ones where the elbows are resting on pads. Much better leverage to hit the pecs .If no pec deck than do DB flys's, slight bend at the elbows.

Try 2 sets of 6-9 reps. It's OK to loosen up your form a bit. At this time in your training do not do inclines. Though a great exercise, for a lot of folks it hits the anterior delts more than the upper pecs. The main focus now is the whole of the chest.

You can do the above movements Tri set style. Take a break of 90 to 120 seconds between the first and second Tri set. Or do pre-exhaustions, which would require doing a set of Pec Decks or DB flys before doing DB benches. Than do PD's or flys before a set of dips. Lots of other training options out there.

A very good total chest exercise is the Pullover & Press. With either a BB or DB. A superior compound movement. I, and others, have used this as the only chest movement  in regular workouts. Good Luck.
F

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »
I can't get any size to my chest I hit it from all angles. I have jad trainers try to help me and nothing I am gaining size everywhere except my chest can anybody help me out with this has anyone else had this problem? ???

Maybe it's not what you're doing but how you're doing it - I used to have a very weak chest until I stopped locking out on all the pressing movements. Locking out takes all the pressure off the chest and onto the tendons and joints and therefore the chest isn't getting stimulated as much as you'd like.

Another thing I did was to take out all the flye and crossover movements from my chest workouts and concentrated solely on presses - incline, flat, and decline all in one workout. Either barbell, dumbell, or machine, it doesn't really matter.

Good luck.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 05:23:54 PM »
I'm male. Been lifting for bout three months Usuall do BB bench then incline decline even pullovers and flys. My form is good on all I've been told by other ppl as well as trainers. My set usually go 5sets at 10-8-6-6-5 reps increasing the weight with each set wih the last 5 reps usually being as close to failure without needing a spot

stop counting your reps.....and remember...your traing the muscle, not the movement.....this shit isnt that difficult...

bench