Author Topic: Obama does not give a damn about the Gulf and only about Cap & Trade - FUBO!  (Read 3361 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
GOP Sen To Obama: You Can't Talk Energy Bill Without Talking BP
June 29, 2010 6:15 PM

________________________ ________________________ _-

ABC News’ Matthew Jaffe reports:

In the wake of the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, President Obama today summoned a bipartisan group of over 20 senators to the White House to push for energy and climate change legislation.

But one thing the President did not want to talk about at the meeting was the BP disaster, a Republican source told ABC News. And that, the source said, led to a pointed exchange with GOP senator Lamar Alexander from Tennessee.

“The priority should be fixing the oil spill,” Alexander told the President, according to the source. “That's what any meeting about energy should be about.”

But when Alexander tried to interject the BP leak into the meeting, the source said, the President told the senator, “That’s just your talking point.”

Retorted Alexander, “No, it’s my opinion.”

The exchange illustrates the difficulty in getting any comprehensive energy and climate change bill passed by the Senate this year. Various proposals are floating around the Hill, but to date no bill has managed to gain enough support to get it past the 60-vote threshold. Republicans are adamantly against cap and trade proposals or any measure that puts a “price on carbon.”

After today’s meeting, the White House released a statement saying the President “is confident that we will be able to get something done this year.”

But that type of confidence was clearly not shared by Republican senators today.

“When you've got that many members with that many different opinions, I think it's fair to say that there was no consensus about what the path forward is,” Alaskan Republican Lisa Murkowski said about the meeting.

-Matthew Jaffe

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/06/gop-sen-to-obama-you-cant-talk-energy-bill-without-talking-bp.html

________________________ _______________________

Honestly, just when I think this marxist pofs cant sink lower, her manages to even surprise me. 

Do you people need any more proof of just how bad he is? 

BTW - the comments section of this says it all. 

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
NO NEWS THERE!!   just more proof of the obvious!
down with hussein

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
But one thing the President did not want to talk about at the meeting was the BP disaster, a Republican source told ABC News. And that, the source said, led to a pointed exchange with GOP senator Lamar Alexander from Tennessee.

“The priority should be fixing the oil spill,” Alexander told the President, according to the source. “That's what any meeting about energy should be about.”

But when Alexander tried to interject the BP leak into the meeting, the source said, the President told the senator, “That’s just your talking point.”

Retorted Alexander, “No, it’s my opinion.”

________________________ ____________________--

Do you guys need any more evidence where this communist sleeper cells' true motivations are? 

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
oh   lol   you can bet that the liberal goof troop wont comment on this unless its to change the subject to palin  or to call you a name!!!
down with hussein

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The more names these idiots call me the more I know I am getting to them where it hurts. 

They are directly responsible for this through their vote and will be reminded daily of the results of thier poor choices. 

This story encapsulates everything I have said of this traitor in the WH. 

As Michael Savage says, who needs spies when they have Obama in the WH.  All they need to do is call up and ask for everything they want and will get it. 

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
who needs spies when they have Obama in the WH.  All they need to do is call up and ask for everything they want and will get it.

man thats funny, I said the exact same thing to a co-worker today.
down with hussein

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
man thats funny, I said the exact same thing to a co-worker today.

Rather than doing his job, this is what this pofs is concerned with.  

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
yep  and as long as the gulf spill continues and keeps 99% OF NEWS channels occupied he can pass all the scumbag shit he wants without the public knowing alot about it
down with hussein

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
yep  and as long as the gulf spill continues and keeps 99% OF NEWS channels occupied he can pass all the scumbag shit he wants without the public knowing alot about it

The 2nd clip is easy enough for everyone to understand. 

Anyone who supports this needs a bullet in the head. 

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
another interesting thing that general electric news forgot to bring up, that has a ton to do with cap and trade,  WHY THE FUCK DOES FANNIE MAE OWN THE RIGHTS TO THE TECHNOLOGY THAT WILL BE NEEDED FOR CAP AND TRADE TO WORK? AND WHERE DID FANNIE GET THE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO PAY FOR THIS?????     and what the fuck does that have to do with home loans????hmmmm  i bet i can guess where the money came from!!!!  
down with hussein

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
This guy is a scumbag. We all know where his priorities lie. The people in the gulf and the oil spill are not important to him.

And to think, 240 wasted all that time making excuses for the guy's handling of the spill. LOL!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This guy is a scumbag. We all know where his priorities lie. The people in the gulf and the oil spill are not important to him.

And to think, 240 wasted all that time making excuses for the guy's handling of the spill. LOL!

If I was in that meeting, I probably would have lunged at him.  I cant get over how callous this jerk is to anything that does not conform to his disastrous agenda. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Not surprised. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP FOR 240

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
for the 99th time - of course this is all about cap/trade for obama.

did I never deny that?  LMAO

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

This is about how he wont even discuss the issue of BP oil mess while YOUR BEACHES AND ECONOMY GET DESTROYED. 

This is the same shit he pulled in the meeting at the WH on the healthcare thing.  Any objection to anything this one-man communist sleeper cell says or does he calls "talking points". 

How you still support this guy and are not unbelievably pissed off reading this is beyond me 240. 

Obama supporters = beaten wives. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If Cap & Trade goes through, we truly are finished, coupled with VAT tax, obamacare taxes, etc.  

Remember this wonderful moment?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

You keep this up, and you may get kicked off "Team Kneepadder"....not that there's anything wrong with that.

;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
You keep this up, and you may get kicked off "Team Kneepadder"....not that there's anything wrong with that.

;D

33 and others are "Team hearing aid".

I call an obama policy a piece of shit from minute one... and for the next 2 weeks, they keep "calling me out" to defend it.

:)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
33 and others are "Team hearing aid".

I call an obama policy a piece of shit from minute one... and for the next 2 weeks, they keep "calling me out" to defend it.

:)

240 - not the policy, we know you don't like decapitate and tax. 

I'm talking about his refusing to even discuss the spill in a meeting on energy and still pushing this bogus GS scheme. 

Don't you think there is something seriously wrong with this? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
240 - not the policy, we know you don't like decapitate and tax. 

I'm talking about his refusing to even discuss the spill in a meeting on energy and still pushing this bogus GS scheme. 

Don't you think there is something seriously wrong with this? 

of course I do - but I recognize he is using it to get just enough damage to blame BP while getting cap/trade passed.  it's brilliant politically, and morally corrupt.

"it's brilliant politically, and morally corrupt."

That's not kneepadding, BTW.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I don't agree that its brilliant.  It seems desperate, petty, and very transparent as everyone sees what he is doing. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I don't agree that its brilliant.  It seems desperate, petty, and very transparent as everyone sees what he is doing. 

it's brilliant because it will get PERMANENT cap/trade legislation passed which will affect US energy policy for 100 years.

It's brilliant because this legislation was dead in the water, looking at the sad move of 'name change' because cap/trade had been successfully labeled bad by the right.

It's brilliant because it will work.  It'll probably pass, and he'll spin it as "saving the day".  And by nov 2012, voters won't have a clue.  You disagree?  Look at the poll showing 4 weeks after healthcare passed - GOP voter 2010 enthusiasm has returned to pre-HCR levels.  People forget!

I have the ability to separate my emotions/moral opinoin from my objective evaluation of strategy employed by political leaders.  He would happily trade a second term if it meant his first term gave us HCR, Finreg, Stim, amnesty and cap/trade.  He's right on course dude.  All the bitching from the right has done nothing - he'll get an 8 year agenda done in two years.  THAT is brilliant.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
it's brilliant because it will get PERMANENT cap/trade legislation passed which will affect US energy policy for 100 years.

It's brilliant because this legislation was dead in the water, looking at the sad move of 'name change' because cap/trade had been successfully labeled bad by the right.

It's brilliant because it will work.  It'll probably pass, and he'll spin it as "saving the day".  And by nov 2012, voters won't have a clue.  You disagree?  Look at the poll showing 4 weeks after healthcare passed - GOP voter 2010 enthusiasm has returned to pre-HCR levels.  People forget!

I have the ability to separate my emotions/moral opinoin from my objective evaluation of strategy employed by political leaders.  He would happily trade a second term if it meant his first term gave us HCR, Finreg, Stim, amnesty and cap/trade.  He's right on course dude.  All the bitching from the right has done nothing - he'll get an 8 year agenda done in two years.  THAT is brilliant.

Only because he had the dem congress willing to go over the cliff and do all of this despite the fact that most voters overwhelming oppose his corrupt marxist agenda.

Had the congress not been stacked, none of this would have happened.  And no 240 - people are not less enthusiastic, they are even more pissed than ever.  Gallup has nobama down to 46%.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Gallup has nobama down to 46%.   

In 12 months, he's dropped 10 points.

have ya noticed all the damage he got in for that 10 points?  ;)

He'll take that trade any day.

And the fact that 9 in 20 americans still loves the guy - that has to keep repubs up at night.