Author Topic: University of Illinois Instructor Fired Over Catholic Beliefs  (Read 15245 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: University of Illinois Instructor Fired Over Catholic Beliefs
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 01:59:43 PM »
I was responding to KC's comment.

People really need to grow the fvck up. If someone can't handle a teacher's comment in college and find it to he "hate speech" WTF are they gonna do in the real world?!

We're raising a generation of vaginas. :'(

That's a great point, and brings some perspective.  I was thinking along the lines of was he teaching opinion as fact, but from his comments above, I think your post really puts it in the right light.

Throwing the guys career into the shitter over that, I can only hope karma bites this kid in the ass.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2010, 02:15:03 PM »

That's a great point, and brings some perspective.  I was thinking along the lines of was he teaching opinion as fact, but from his comments above, I think your post really puts it in the right light.

Throwing the guys career into the shitter over that, I can only hope karma bites this kid in the ass.

Queef'll probably end up getting paid for emotional trauma, LOL!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2010, 03:21:26 PM »
I say tough titties

I'm sure if this guy were a Muslim and saying he agrees with all the nutty shit in that religion and got canned no one would give it a second thought.

This guy was not fired mid-term and as an adjunct professor here is what the school had to say:

Kaler declined to comment on the specifics of a personnel matter. She said adjunct lecturers are hired on a semester-by-semester basis, and they have no expectation that their employment will last longer than that semester.
Kaler also said the UI is "absolutely committed to teaching the theory of Catholicism, but it's up to the department as to who teaches a class."

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 05:19:23 PM »
I say tough titties

I'm sure if this guy were a Muslim and saying he agrees with all the nutty shit in that religion and got canned no one would give it a second thought.

This guy was not fired mid-term and as an adjunct professor here is what the school had to say:

So instructors should take a poll before class and censor the information so no one will get sand in their vaginas?!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2010, 05:35:43 PM »
LMAO if this was the other way around and a adjunct professor was let go b/c of their expressing their views of disbelief in religion the liberal goof troop would be at a boil with rage...

I cant tell you how many professors I had that spoke out against religion, it was almost expected in many classes I took. I had one professor actually give hand outs with the title "unintelligent design" lol if you think that didnt have an agenda...

KC this is a public university not a private school but youre right the only problem is the schools for the most part only persecute one side of the isle for this... ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 05:46:30 PM »
Drkaje is right:  we're raising a generation of hypersensitive sissies. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 05:49:09 PM »
I agree to me thats the main reason you go to college in order to be exposed to different ideas and concepts...youre not going to agree with everyone but that doesnt mean you shouldnt be exposed to them and make up your own mind...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 05:56:42 PM »
I agree to me thats the main reason you go to college in order to be exposed to different ideas and concepts...youre not going to agree with everyone but that doesnt mean you shouldnt be exposed to them and make up your own mind...

Correct.  That's the one place you're supposed to have an exchange of ideas, debate, etc., including "offensive" opinions.  Except liberals believe in censoring things they find offensive. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 06:05:46 PM »

That must've been painful to type, LOL!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 06:08:05 PM »
That must've been painful to type, LOL!

Not at all.  :) 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »
So instructors should take a poll before class and censor the information so no one will get sand in their vaginas?!
how did you arrive at that conclusion?

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »
what about the mexican teacher in cali  talking about hating white people and promoting la raza to his high school kids? he didnt get fired!! how is that any diff from this catholic teacher???
down with hussein

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 07:21:20 PM »
what about the mexican teacher in cali  talking about hating white people and promoting la raza to his high school kids? he didnt get fired!! how is that any diff from this catholic teacher???

Probably the reasons..

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 07:22:46 PM »
Probably the reasons..

yep i know  but the liberal goof troop will defend that double standard
down with hussein

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »
This phenomenon was perfectly summed up in King of the Hill. :)

Dale Gribble: 9.13.09 “In the future both men and women will visit the gynecologist but only women will be getting their money’s worth”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 09:07:44 PM »
  ;D

Dale Gribble: 9.13.09 “In the future both men and women will visit the gynecologist but only women will be getting their money’s worth”
;D

;D  ;D  ;D

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »

Lol so true. I want to be able to call a guy a guy when he/she acts like one. If I act like a cracker I don't care if I am called a cracker. We need to get away from the pussyfied atmosphere it is stifling and embarrassing.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2010, 10:39:11 PM »

lol there are so many good quotes from that show...one of my favorites was when peggy was selling health supplements and the guys were in the ally drinking and she asked dale if he wanted a shake and he responded with beer in hand "no thanks Im going the other way thank you"

LOL  ;D ;D ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 10:47:57 PM »
Lol so true. I want to be able to call a guy a guy when he/she acts like one. If I act like a cracker I don't care if I am called a cracker. We need to get away from the pussyfied atmosphere it is stifling and embarrassing.

hey cracker

how does a guy act?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2010, 04:03:55 AM »

Do you mind being called a guy when your actions or behavior merits the label?

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2010, 09:21:37 AM »
I was responding to KC's comment.

People really need to grow the fvck up. If someone can't handle a teacher's comment in college and find it to he "hate speech" WTF are they gonna do in the real world?!

We're raising a generation of vaginas. :'(
Notice that it was a guy who would rather have a vagina than a penis that got the teacher fired.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2010, 09:24:04 AM »
Do you mind being called a guy when your actions or behavior merits the label?
no.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »
hey cracker

how does a guy act?

Acting in the way of a guy in a public place. Examples include talking loud, being obnoxious, stealing, not paying your bill, and all other behavior that is associated with normal guy group behavior.

Matt: "Why are those black kids protesting at that restaurant?"

Jim: "Ah, a bunch of them were in there guy'n it up and the manager told them to leave. Now they are saying the place is racist."

Pissing in public. Throwing trash out of the car window in their own neighborhood. Burning homes down in their own neighborhood.

Whites can be n|ggers too - however blacks have the market cornered.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2010, 11:35:44 AM »
Acting in the way of a guy in a public place. Examples include talking loud, being obnoxious, stealing, not paying your bill, and all other behavior that is associated with normal guy group behavior.

Matt: "Why are those black kids protesting at that restaurant?"

Jim: "Ah, a bunch of them were in there guy'n it up and the manager told them to leave. Now they are saying the place is racist."

Pissing in public. Throwing trash out of the car window in their own neighborhood. Burning homes down in their own neighborhood.

Whites can be n|ggers too - however blacks have the market cornered.

you really are a dumb cracker

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2010, 01:41:51 PM »
you really are a dumb cracker

On the way to launching the jet ski today I saw three ..... walking down the street with their pants down their asses and underwear hanging out just mozying down the street.  The best part is this savages will cross a street during a green light holding up traffic intentionally just to get attention. 

We need re-education camps and work farms for these people.  Otherwise, the bronx zoo is a more suitable place for these morons.