Author Topic: University of Illinois Instructor Fired Over Catholic Beliefs  (Read 15267 times)

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
Re: University of Illinois Instructor Fired Over Catholic Beliefs
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2010, 03:39:17 PM »
On the way to launching the jet ski today I saw three ..... walking down the street with their pants down their asses and underwear hanging out just mozying down the street.  The best part is this savages will cross a street during a green light holding up traffic intentionally just to get attention. 

We need re-education camps and work farms for these people.  Otherwise, the bronx zoo is a more suitable place for these morons.

you should just run them over,  nobody will miss them,  and you would have done america a favor
down with hussein

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2010, 05:02:58 PM »
Pussydom is the real issue, not homosexuality. We're becoming so emotionally week that even knowing someone may have a different opinion causes lost sleep.

This isn't something that can be blamed on gays either. People should have been saying "STFU" when stupid crap like this all along. This crap has gone on so long that the line between political correctness and actually being correct has been blurred beyond recognition.

In terms of speech, free will probably be changed to audience dependent in our lifetimes. And it'll all be because at some magical point we've allowed absolute idiots to advance the notion that any disagreeable content is tantamount to yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2010, 05:28:04 PM »
Pussydom is the real issue, not homosexuality. We're becoming so emotionally week that even knowing someone may have a different opinion causes lost sleep.

This isn't something that can be blamed on gays either. People should have been saying "STFU" when stupid crap like this all along. This crap has gone on so long that the line between political correctness and actually being correct has been blurred beyond recognition.

In terms of speech, free will probably be changed to audience dependent in our lifetimes. And it'll all be because at some magical point we've allowed absolute idiots to advance the notion that any disagreeable content is tantamount to yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater.

you're so right.

that teacher is a pussy and crying like a bitch when he knows full well that the school can decide who to hire or not rehire whenever they want

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2010, 05:29:44 PM »
you're so right.

that teacher is a pussy and crying like a bitch when he knows full well that the school can decide who to hire or not rehire whenever they want

Spoken like a true leftist douche.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »
Spoken like a true leftist douche.

spoken like a moron who thinks adjunct professors have some entitlement to a job when they don't.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2010, 05:50:22 PM »
you're so right.

Perhaps universities shouldn't even bother with having professors because kids these days know everything. :)

The parents should probably die from the embarrassment associated with having a kid that weak-minded. But not in America, they'll coddle him and say how mean that man was for hurting his poor widdle feelings.

We need to bring the draft back and weed out some of these twats.

Arguing only a tenured professor can risk offending some douche is too stupid for serious discussion.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »
Perhaps universities shouldn't even bother with having professors because kids these days know everything. :)

The parents should probably die from the embarrassment associated with having a kid that weak-minded. But not in America, they'll coddle him and say how mean that man was for hurting his poor widdle feelings.

Arguing only a tenured professor can risk offending some douche is too stupid for serious discussion.

adjunct professors are the very definition of a part-time worker

any employer who's been around for awhile knows the benefits of hiring someone as part-time rather than full time and one of those benefit is the ease at which you can lay them off or just reducing their hours until they quit on their own.

As usual on this site people run off in the direction of their own bias without even  having the facts.

this thread is based on one story on Fox about a guy who claims he was not RE-HIRED due to remarks he made.  This is his claim and not necessarily the fact and the case and even if it were completely true the nature of his position makes this perfectly acceptable.   It could just as easily be office politics or budegting or any of a bunch of different reasons including budgeting, changes in curriculim, etc...

I see nothing in the definition of his type of employment that gives him any reason to expect to be rehired and that makes him nothing but a whining little pussy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professors_in_the_United_States#Adjunct_professor

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »

that's not the "argument" I'm making at all

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »
These people are suicide bombers of free speech and we should all be worried.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2010, 07:46:07 PM »

you can't be serious

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2010, 07:49:54 PM »

Without a doubt. What precedent does this set? Should professors not be allowed to give their opinion on a subject they're teaching?

Amazing how leftists only care about free speech when they're using it to oppress and subjugate.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2010, 08:06:06 PM »
Without a doubt. What precedent does this set? Should professors not be allowed to give their opinion on a subject they're teaching?

Amazing how leftists only care about free speech when they're using it to oppress and subjugate.

of course they are allowed to give an opinion but they shouldn't be suprised if their employer objects

in this guys case he was not fired mid-term.  He was told at the end of the semester that he would not have a job the following semester and we (the public) have no idea what the reason was and it doesn't even matter as he is basically a contractor and his contract was over at the end of the semester.   This is to be expected at the end of any term which is why adjunct professors can qualify for unemployment between terms.   When the term is over they are, by definition, unemployed.

At this point he's just another religious nut bitching about persecution when in reality he's too stupid to understand the nature of his employment.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2010, 08:17:13 PM »
you can't be serious

Ultimately: if that teacher has no rights, neither do you.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2010, 08:31:59 PM »

The student had a friend register his complaint

Pussydom is the real issue

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
Ultimately: if that teacher has no rights, neither do you.

how did you arrive at that conclusion?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2010, 03:40:23 AM »
how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Most are too myopic to see all of our rights are tied together. Maybe PC speech can be added to the Patriot Act.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2010, 05:09:02 AM »
of course they are allowed to give an opinion but they shouldn't be suprised if their employer objects

in this guys case he was not fired mid-term.  He was told at the end of the semester that he would not have a job the following semester and we (the public) have no idea what the reason was and it doesn't even matter as he is basically a contractor and his contract was over at the end of the semester.   This is to be expected at the end of any term which is why adjunct professors can qualify for unemployment between terms.   When the term is over they are, by definition, unemployed.

At this point he's just another religious nut bitching about persecution when in reality he's too stupid to understand the nature of his employment.

Yet if the teacher were fired for voicing the opposite opinion , you and the rest of the left wing circus act would be up in arms. 

According to the left free open exchange of ideas and opinions only applies when you agree with them. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2010, 10:00:51 AM »
I was responding to KC's comment.

People really need to grow the fvck up. If someone can't handle a teacher's comment in college and find it to he "hate speech" WTF are they gonna do in the real world?!

We're raising a generation of vaginas. :'(

You've taken it all wrong.  I have no problem with bias or using that language.  I have a problem with the christian double standard where by you can fire someone for being immoral it's okay but when someone gets fired for using what some may deem hate speech it's against the church. 

It's a stupid double standard that beach is adding in.

I am in no way against the alternative views of professors, it's disagreement and difference which make learning possible.  But when people like the christian right try to have their cake (firing for so called immoral acts) and eat it too, i like to point out how this is pretty similar (a potentially inflammatory remark deemed by some as hate speech) in that it's a stupid reason to fire someone.  But if you can do it for having sex, then you can do it for speaking against homosexuality. 
Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2010, 10:03:08 AM »
You've taken it all wrong.  I have no problem with bias or using that language.  I have a problem with the christian double standard where by you can fire someone for being immoral it's okay but when someone gets fired for using what some may deem hate speech it's against the church. 

It's a stupid double standard that beach is adding in.

I am in no way against the alternative views of professors, it's disagreement and difference which make learning possible.  But when people like the christian right try to have their cake (firing for so called immoral acts) and eat it too, i like to point out how this is pretty similar (a potentially inflammatory remark deemed by some as hate speech) in that it's a stupid reason to fire someone.  But if you can do it for having sex, then you can do it for speaking against homosexuality. 

Your entire argument revolves around the notion that public and private institutions are subject to the same rules regarding contracts and the like. They're not so your entire argument is pointless.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2010, 10:04:33 AM »
Your entire argument revolves around the notion that public and private institutions are subject to the same rules regarding contracts and the like. They're not so your entire argument is pointless.

::)  It's a matter of principal not legal.  Perhaps you could pick this up but maybe 333's dick is in your face too much for you to notice such things. 
Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2010, 10:06:23 AM »
::)  It's a matter of principal not legal.  Perhaps you could pick this up but maybe 333's dick is in your face too much for you to notice such things. 

Principles are nothing more than opinion and vary from person-to-person. Nice argument, retard.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2010, 10:07:17 AM »

KC - BF is not my BFF.  He and I agree on some issues and disagree on others. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »

KC has been getting knocked around this board by a multitude of people recently. He's just throwing a temper tantrum as he's been exposed for uneducated trash.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2010, 10:10:59 AM »
Principles are nothing more than opinion and vary from person-to-person. Nice argument, retard.  ::)

Haha coming from the guy who lives on opinion when it comes to all Muslims.  Classic post right there.  
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2010, 10:12:34 AM »

Haha i know 333 BF is just too easy to mess with.  His posts are always so retarded i can't help but insult him.  You have to admit though the fem has been nut hugging you a lot recently.  Maybe you should start your own political team, he'd join in a heartbeat!
Abandon every hope...