Author Topic: is 1 hour aerobics a day minimum to lose fat?  (Read 1033 times)

tallandfat

• Getbig II
is 1 hour aerobics a day minimum to lose fat?
« on: July 10, 2010, 04:41:01 PM »
I am 6-6 304

wana trim down

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: is 1 hour aerobics a day minimum to lose fat?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 09:09:31 AM »
No, not particularly. Your diet of course is most important. As far as cardio, you can opt for the High Intensity Interval Training option to reduce the amount of time you are obligated to do it. I can get as good or better results in 20 to 25 minutes than the person walking/jogging on the treadmill at a slow rate for an hour..

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: is 1 hour aerobics a day minimum to lose fat?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:28:05 AM »
Long slow distance as in one hour of cardio is important but without throwing in some intensity it's a bad idea. 

I had a friend that always talked about his 4 to7 miles runs and he was chubby.  I ran 2 to 3 miles on non lifting days and I was lean.  When I finally ran with him I realized why he was soft.  He ran so slow I thought time was going backward.

Intensity is important in lifting and cardio.  To much intensity will lead to burn out though.

Do your fast walking or biking a couple of times a week but throw in some intervals on other days.  If intervals are to hard for your fitness level mix in days where you will just do 1 or 2 miles as fast as you can.  A good example of intervals is to run 6 sets of one lap on a high school track.  So, 6 x 400 meters.  Walk fast for one lap or a half a lap inbetween. 

Don't forget to get cleared by a doctor. You wouldn't want to lose weight from having a heart attack.