Author Topic: Who was better: Dorian or Ronnie?????????  (Read 2259 times)

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
Who was better: Dorian or Ronnie?????????
« on: July 20, 2010, 09:47:32 PM »
I can't decide and was hoping that maybe some of you fellas here might have an opinion on the matter...

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Who was better: Dorian or Ronnie?????????
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 10:10:24 PM »
THE ONE AND ONLY, RRRRRRRONNIE CCCCCOOOOOOLLLLLEEEMMMAA ANN.................RONN IE WIPED DORIAN OFF THE STAGE WITH HIS WINS, THE ONLY THING DORIAN HAD ON RONNIE WAS CALVES!

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 10:15:50 PM »
not this shit again.......Yates was better

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 10:18:23 PM »
yeah he was better when ronnie was coming up, but if you post pics from dorians prime and ronnies prime years, its not even close

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:22:19 PM »
Dorian.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 10:23:20 PM »
CORRECTED:  RONNIE

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
I can't believe people are actually answering. Just movie this question to the other 54657 threads about Ronnie vs Dorian.
X

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 11:56:16 PM »
Let's ask Ronnie himself on his opinion regarding this matter.

Oh wait, he had been asked  ;D

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 04:57:18 AM »
if i was ronnie...i wouldnt have told alti i was married...would have said the stories were misprints.    ::)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 04:58:59 AM »
donnie
No doubt about it...

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 05:32:43 AM »
Who's better at morphing pics? ND or Hulkster?

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 07:29:04 AM »
The guy on steriods was better.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 07:35:32 AM »
Going strictly by the numbers Ronnie won a hell of a lot more shows than Dorian did.

I know, I know....Yates beat him head-to-head but Ronnie wasn't RONNIE yet.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 08:05:26 AM »
They were both good in their day - it doesn't matter who was better.

Dorian won eveything he needed to when he was competing. And won four of his Olympias with a torn bicep. And against the cream of the crop of the day - Flex, Shawn, Kevin, Nasser etc. He never lost a contest from 1992 onwards.

Ronnie at his best was probably the freakiest bodybuilder in history and none of his competitiors came close to beating him in his finest years - the year he came in at 290lbs+ contest shape ripped to the bone I don't think will ever be beaten. Ronnie lacked calves and decent abs but like Dorian, no-one really came close. His only major slip-ups were a defeat to Gunter whilst still Mr Olympia, and losing the crown to Jay. He wasn't complete enough to win the Olympia with a torn muscle, unlike Dorian.

So can we now all shut the fuck up and concentrate on bringing Mars and Squadfather back?  ;D

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 08:26:37 AM »
Markus Priest

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 08:28:58 AM »
if i was ronnie...i wouldnt have told alti i was married...would have said the stories were misprints.    ::)

I'vve notices similaries between that pic and a recent pic of Dorian Brazilian woman.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 08:33:50 AM »
surprised no one has put a thread about this yet until now

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 08:42:45 AM »
They were both good in their day - it doesn't matter who was better.

Dorian won eveything he needed to when he was competing. And won four of his Olympias with a torn bicep. And against the cream of the crop of the day - Flex, Shawn, Kevin, Nasser etc. He never lost a contest from 1992 onwards.

Ronnie at his best was probably the freakiest bodybuilder in history and none of his competitiors came close to beating him in his finest years - the year he came in at 290lbs+ contest shape ripped to the bone I don't think will ever be beaten. Ronnie lacked calves and decent abs but like Dorian, no-one really came close. His only major slip-ups were a defeat to Gunter whilst still Mr Olympia, and losing the crown to Jay. He wasn't complete enough to win the Olympia with a torn muscle, unlike Dorian.

So can we now all shut the fuck up and concentrate on bringing Mars and Squadfather back?  ;D

Good post. Ronnie got more titles than Dorian as he competed way more often also; he was a late bloomer compared  to Dorian, winning his first O at an age when Dorian won his fifth. Dorian's training method took a toll on his body which somehow means that Ronnie was if not more consistent at least more resistant and lasted longer. '93 Dorian was probably the most complete physique ever for a mass monster but Ronnie's 98/99 was more impressive, pushing the enveloppe further while maintaining a great balance overall. After 99, Ronnie had a couple of great moments like the AC 2001 and also the 2003 'O but after that it went all downhill although the competition was so poor he could retain his title a little while. Dorian on the other hand faced a much tougher competition during his time: Flex, Ray, Nasser, Levrone,...all were in their prime whereas Ronnie faced the same guys while they were going downhill or coming up like Jay, Dex or Victor. Baddell and James are not exactly the toughest competition one can face.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 08:48:09 AM »
Excellent post bigj and mortalcoil. The bottom line is they were both amazing at their peaks, Dorian a little more complete and in a little better condition, Ronnie a little freakier but still in great condition, it would be an epic battle and come down to whoever the judges liked on that particular day. I like to think it's be Dorian.   ;D 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 09:08:52 AM »
Good post. Ronnie got more titles than Dorian as he competed way more often also; he was a late bloomer compared  to Dorian, winning his first O at an age when Dorian won his fifth. Dorian's training method took a toll on his body which somehow means that Ronnie was if not more consistent at least more resistant and lasted longer. '93 Dorian was probably the most complete physique ever for a mass monster but Ronnie's 98/99 was more impressive, pushing the enveloppe further while maintaining a great balance overall. After 99, Ronnie had a couple of great moments like the AC 2001 and also the 2003 'O but after that it went all downhill although the competition was so poor he could retain his title a little while. Dorian on the other hand faced a much tougher competition during his time: Flex, Ray, Nasser, Levrone,...all were in their prime whereas Ronnie faced the same guys while they were going downhill or coming up like Jay, Dex or Victor. Baddell and James are not exactly the toughest competition one can face.

ronnie was on the career job 10 yrs FT + OT and doing side security gigs before he won MrO.  Wow...he won the thing 2 yrs, and bbing was just his hobby while the others guys  were crying if they had to work 20 hrs a week...just sitting at desk.  there is a reason why Ronnie was a late bloomer.  didnt shawn tell him to call it a day?

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 05:31:01 PM »
But what about Nasser? Could he be better than Ronnie and Dorian??????????

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 07:00:31 PM »
But what about Nasser? Could he be better than Ronnie and Dorian??????????

nasser whoops em both on size and blance/proportion/symmetry

but when he turns around it's over

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 11:21:58 AM »
ronnie smokes them both by long shot!

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 11:38:45 PM »
ronnie hands down