Author Topic: Why is everyone a "cage fighter?!"  (Read 15509 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Why is everyone a "cage fighter?!"
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »
I don't think it's much different then everyone getting their real estate license, attempting to master Texas Hold Em, the increase in people going to chef school because of the Food network, the non-stop flow of new hip hop "artists" and their own record labels and the never ending stream of non-celebrity celebrities on reality tv....it's the current it thing to do or be.
Which basically means we've become a nation of "wannabes", instead of the real deal. It's another sign of our nation's decline. We focus on how people percieve us, our image, instead of how we perceive ourselves.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2010, 03:49:55 PM »
He is certainly the angriest.... :-\
you may find me to be competitive in that area. fucking pricks

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2010, 03:58:08 PM »
alot of the fanboys of mma, tapout wearing spike tv loving brock lesnar nut hugging, are into it because they are insecure about their ability to defend themselves.  
same reason you do illegal steroids
the guys who actually fight, and actually train, and actually win.. their cool
me, im indifferent.
no your an admitted homosexual.
you don't have the balls to train hard let alone without drugs.
no balls to get a job and offer anything of worth to society.
oh but i forget, your a homosexuals so your worth to society will
always be less than, than that of human men.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2010, 04:16:29 PM »
I grapple with my cousin  from time to time, but he's only 12.

One time i was walking to the gym and I started to spar with a garbage can.

Next thing I know, sum bum wearing a tap out shirt jumped out of the can and whipped my fat ass.

I need to start shadow boxing more in the gym and wearing affliction shirts.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2010, 04:17:57 PM »
Which basically means we've become a nation of "wannabes", instead of the real deal. It's another sign of our nation's decline. We focus on how people percieve us, our image, instead of how we perceive ourselves.

The dream is over  :D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2010, 04:21:48 PM »
MMA is for dildos and homos, no need to discuss any further.

Why any man over the age of 18 feels the need to be a "tough guy" is beyond me....epic insecurity issues

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2010, 04:24:44 PM »

Why any man over the age of 18 feels the need to be a "tough guy" is beyond me....epic insecurity issues
Like it. It's less interest for me, than need. I mean, you guys wanna fight? Cool. I'll be playing ball and then sitting with the crew at a patio. 

ag2

• Getbig III
  • President of the Peanut gallery.
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2010, 04:27:07 PM »

How dare you say that  >:(

Wanna fight about it ?  ;)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2010, 04:46:08 PM »

No offense Groink, but werent you the guy that started that thread about how its nice to be big and intimidating looking, and how you enjoyed being large and having people think you were a tough guy?  ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2010, 04:49:18 PM »
Like it. It's less interest for me, than need. I mean, you guys wanna fight? Cool. I'll be playing ball and then sitting with the crew at a patio. 

I've got the first round 8)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2010, 04:52:59 PM »

You sound a bit insecure yourself.
w

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2010, 05:15:59 PM »
In my experience, most real MMA fighters, don't look like what you described.  My wrestling coach went to Iowa State university where he was a division 1 champ.  He is a college grad and has no tatoos.  My BJJ coach, also a college graduate is a BJJ black belt under gracie.  He owns his own gym and does well for himself.  My Muay Thai coach, also a college grad, is a full time cop.  

The guys I train with range in age from 18-50.  It's a mixed bag of people.  Some have extensive backgrounds in some form of martial arts and are trying to learn a new one.  Some wrestled in college and want to continue to compete.  Some are actually training to become "cage fighters".  Others, like me, are just a fan of MMA and enjoy learning it and practicing it.

I spent years training as a bodybuilder and I can tell you that the MMA gym rat is a whole different animal from the bodybuilding gym rat.  In a good way.

Mindspin, who is your BJJ instructor and what Gracie gave him his BB? What is the name of his school and where is it located?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2010, 05:23:08 PM »
No offense Groink, but werent you the guy that started that thread about how its nice to be big and intimidating looking, and how you enjoyed being large and having people think you were a tough guy?  ;D

Sure did.... ;D

But i don't spend hours in the gym practicing how to choke people and put them in "triangles"

these people are the same geeks that practiced their "nunchucks" as a kid...In case they ever get attacked by a gang of martial artists in the street  ::) ::)

I simply stated that I enjoyed the intimidation factor that comes with being a big dude,it's an ego-stroke..... I haven't had a fight in 15 years

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2010, 05:35:43 PM »

The thing is most of the top fighters don't walk around thinking their "tough guys". The same argument can be said for football, hockey or any other contact sport. They all have guy who think their tough or macho.
shotgun on the team

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »
The thing is most of the top fighters don't walk around thinking their "tough guys". The same argument can be said for football, hockey or any other contact sport. They all have guy who think their tough or macho.

Yeah!!! but we have that thing called "Adrenaline".
 And the adrenaline from you going to gym and rolling/sparring, its not the same adrenaline like fighting in the streets" picking up with another guy" or fighting in the ring? cage whatever.
 Sometimes you woke up with your left foot. "having a bad day" and shit happens. well in that case you're looking for shit.  ;D lol.
 But martial arts its not about fight, its about control, "control yourself."
Gracie Rules

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2010, 06:29:50 PM »

Yeah!!! but we have that thing called "Adrenaline".
 And the adrenaline from you going to gym and rolling/sparring, its not the same adrenaline like fighting in the streets" picking up with another guy" or fighting in the ring? cage whatever.
 Sometimes you woke up with your left foot. "having a bad day" and shit happens. well in that case you're looking for shit.  ;D lol.
Im having a hard time deciphering this post, but I think for the most part I agree with you.  ???

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2010, 06:30:53 PM »

Aren't you from Brasil? LOL, you guys have to fight going and coming from school. You have to be ready to fight every time you step out your door. Give a guy a mean look and fists will start flying. Brasil is a fighting culture. That's why they're so damn tough. Control? LOL. Maybe Side Control for some ground and pound.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2010, 06:37:38 PM »
Im having a hard time deciphering this post, but I think for the most part I agree with you.  ???

I'm sorry for my English.
 Will try my best next time. ;)
Gracie Rules

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2010, 06:40:07 PM »

I'm sorry for my English.
 Will try my best next time. ;)
Usually your english is near flawless, I was just trying to decipher "its not the same adrenaline like fighting in the streets" picking up with another guy" or fighting in the ring? cage whatever" part. lol.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2010, 06:42:05 PM »
Aren't you from Brasil? LOL, you guys have to fight going and coming from school. You have to be ready to fight every time you step out your door. Give a guy a mean look and fists will start flying. Brasil is a fighting culture. That's why they're so damn tough. Control? LOL. Maybe Side Control for some ground and pound.

When you have some degree in martial arts, you change a little bit.
 And. yes Brazil its about fighting. you don't talk sh*t to people in the streets.
 If you do... be ready. or be a good BJJ fighter.
 And don't call the police, be a man. the police will only show up" if they show up" just to place the bets.
Gracie Rules

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2010, 06:48:24 PM »
If you haven't grown up fighting in MMA, then anyone over the age of 35 who decides to get into it has some serious issues. And it gets worse if anyone over the age of 35 and is somewhat successful financially decides to roll around on the ground with kids. These types of guys should be out turning there million dollar fortune into 20 million/50 million/100 million. Not playing tuff guy/grab ass on the mat with kids.  When you are under the age of 30, you are supposed to think the world revolves around you and only you. You should want to kick some ass, wear retarded clothes and fuck everything and anything.

I think Mindspin is only 28 so he is ok at this point.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2010, 06:50:11 PM »
When you have some degree in martial arts, you change a little bit.
 And. yes Brazil its about fighting. you don't talk sh*t to people in the streets.
 If you do... be ready. or be a good BJJ fighter.
 And don't call the police, be a man. the police will only show up" if they show up" just to place the bets.

I think it depends on the person. Remember that monster Ryan Gracie? Use to walk down the streets and in clubs like he owned the place always looking for someone to put a beating on. His brother Ralph is also a thug. How Renzo turned out the way he did is a mystery. The most decent and honorable man you'll ever meet.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2010, 06:52:38 PM »
I think it depends on the person. Remember that monster Ryan Gracie? Use to walk down the streets and in clubs like he owned the place always looking for someone to put a beating on. His brother Ralph is also a thug. How Renzo turned out the way he did is a mystery. The most decent and honorable man you'll ever meet.

x2. Anyone who says fighters don't look for fights is either lying or don't get out much.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2010, 06:53:19 PM »
Usually your english is near flawless, I was just trying to decipher "its not the same adrenaline like fighting in the streets" picking up with another guy" or fighting in the ring? cage whatever" part. lol.

Let me see if i can explain you better.
 The adrenaline in the gym. you know that probably you're not going to get hurt, maybe a little bit.
 The adrenaline in the ring/cage. you will get hurt, but there's some rules.
 In the streets? that's the real deal there's no rules everything goes. so basically you're just trying to prove to yourself that you can handle it. imagine someone going out at night or during the day hunting for trouble.
 And when you're hunting, you should always  look for a big prey."don't be a coward" to kill a dove does not give enough/or good adrenaline.
  Did I sound a little  psycho? hope not. ;D lol

* Pick someone that will give you a really hard  " good time" .
Gracie Rules

spinnis

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2010, 06:54:04 PM »

awesome stories keep em coming