Author Topic: Dorian said "Ronnie would probably win, I don't know"  (Read 124631 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Could Dorian beat this?
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »
In the above pics posted by Nirvana, Dorian > Ronnie.
No, the pics are "proof"  ::) lol
He doesnt understand that people look at those pics and see dorian winning. To him thats "proof" of Ronnie winning.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2010, 05:26:11 PM »
Ronnie was better

Ronnie was never better , I hope this helps  ;)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »
Dorian did beat that, routinely.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2010, 06:09:59 PM »
Dorian did beat that, routinely.

8 times  ;D with ease , even at his worse  :o

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2010, 06:18:58 PM »
used to, those pics "weren't an accurate representation" and "you had to see dorian in real life"

now all of a sudden they say "dorian is better in those pics"

somewhere along the lines you guys have told a lie

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2010, 06:23:30 PM »
used to, those pics "weren't an accurate representation" and "you had to see dorian in real life"

It's always been that way , especially in the conditioning & balance department. The scale is very optimistic in Ronnie's favor but the difference is night & day in terms whose in razor sharp shape

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2010, 06:28:12 PM »
It's always been that way , especially in the conditioning & balance department. The scale is very optimistic in Ronnie's favor but the difference is night & day in terms whose in razor sharp shape
oh no, ronnie is more balanced and conditioned, those pictures don't count you have to see ronnie in real life

::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2010, 06:36:41 PM »
Dorian Yates interview bodybuilding.com 2008
Everyone who sees my physique in person always comments on how much better I look in person than in pictures. That's because my physique is thick and developed from all angles. From the front, from the back, from the side, standing on my head: it doesn't matter. Everywhere is fully developed from every angle. And this might not show in one-dimensional photos. When you turn somebody to the side and they are twice as thick as everyone else, then that shows up.

Peter McGough on Dorian Yates

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

Flex magazine Jan 1992 on Dorian Yates

" Dorian has the type of physique that looks much better and more powerfull in person than photos. I personally saw him onstage , and Yates if definitely light years ahead of the way he looks in photos.

MuscleMag International Feb 1994 on Dorian Yates at the 1993 Mr Olympia

" He's huge , absolutely HUGE ...he's ripped completely RIPPED. And while he's not in possession of the prettiest physique body by a long shot , he's equipped with all the bodyparts you need to win .

Combine this with the fact that he's 10 TIMES more impressive when you see him onstage at the Olympia than he is in pictures or on videos and you got yourself a winner.

This is a quote from John Hotten book " Muscle "

" Chris Cormier standing next to Dorian onstage he sensed ' radiation coming off him , like an aura. ' The power of that muscle was tangible. It exerted a force all of its own.  Cormier thought ' I might as well forget about this guy and concentrate on being second. ' There was something else , too , strange. You had to witness him in the flesh. such granite hradness had a property that could nor be held on film or caught on paper. You had to see it live.

Peter McGough Flex Magazine May 2002

Let it be said that the camera can lie at physique contests. Some guys look great onstage but not so great on final film (Dorian Yates, for one) and vice versa (Shawn Ray is an example)

do you think these guys are making this up? why does it bother you so much he might appear better live and in person as opposed to pictures and videos?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2010, 06:39:04 PM »
ronnie was better

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2010, 06:40:18 PM »
oh no, ronnie is more balanced and conditioned, those pictures don't count you have to see ronnie in real life

::)

Yup and Dorian was just a back and a pair of calves  ::) yet dominated the entire sport in a manor Ronnie couldn't replicate

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2010, 06:41:07 PM »
ronnie was better at getting beaten by Dorian, than Dorian was at getting beaten by Ronnie

Fixed

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2010, 06:41:30 PM »
Yup and Dorian was just a back and a pair of calves  ::) yet dominated the entire sport in a manor Ronnie couldn't replicate
such as 8 mr o's?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »
Fixed

what a stupid argument. That's like saying because I got beat up by a 10 year old many times when i was little, that I can still get beat up by 10 year olds.

Ronnie progressed

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2010, 06:47:15 PM »
such as 8 mr o's?

What does winning 8 titles against mediocre competition have to do with dominating the sport? do you even know what domination means? Ronnie in his first Olympia win ( admittedly his best appearance ) only won by just 3 points , hardly a dominating win , he lost the entire prejudging to Jay in 01 and just barely beat him , lost both the posing rounds to Levrone in 02 he really dominated in 03 , 04 was another very close contest

Ronnie's competition wasn't at their peaks like when they faced Dorian , granted not his fault but they were still giving him trouble , Dorian beat guys much closer to their primes that Ronnie did

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2010, 06:48:04 PM »

Hahaha youre a fucking idiot. Did you just miss all the posts where I called you a moron, and said when I look at those pics I see Dorian winning? Go through my post history, theres about 15 of them.  ;)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2010, 06:49:57 PM »
what a stupid argument. That's like saying because I got beat up by a 10 year old many times when i was little, that I can still get beat up by 10 year olds.

Ronnie progressed

Ronnie got bigger and more muscular, but looked like a water balloon next to Doz's granite hardness. Given how gay that sounds, I'll stop arguing there - to each his own.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2010, 06:51:21 PM »
Nirvana comment on this post of ND's
Youre a complete and utter moron, ive said it before, ill say it again.
You post "proof" I say I see Dorian winning. All the sudden you say, you didnt say that before, which I clearly did. So either you just didnt pay attention, or youre truely mentally retarded.

IN ADDITION TO saying that its widely known that Dorian had something special when seen in person. as stated HERE.

Dorian Yates interview bodybuilding.com 2008
Everyone who sees my physique in person always comments on how much better I look in person than in pictures. That's because my physique is thick and developed from all angles. From the front, from the back, from the side, standing on my head: it doesn't matter. Everywhere is fully developed from every angle. And this might not show in one-dimensional photos. When you turn somebody to the side and they are twice as thick as everyone else, then that shows up.

Peter McGough on Dorian Yates

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

Flex magazine Jan 1992 on Dorian Yates

" Dorian has the type of physique that looks much better and more powerfull in person than photos. I personally saw him onstage , and Yates if definitely light years ahead of the way he looks in photos.

MuscleMag International Feb 1994 on Dorian Yates at the 1993 Mr Olympia

" He's huge , absolutely HUGE ...he's ripped completely RIPPED. And while he's not in possession of the prettiest physique body by a long shot , he's equipped with all the bodyparts you need to win .

Combine this with the fact that he's 10 TIMES more impressive when you see him onstage at the Olympia than he is in pictures or on videos and you got yourself a winner.

This is a quote from John Hotten book " Muscle "

" Chris Cormier standing next to Dorian onstage he sensed ' radiation coming off him , like an aura. ' The power of that muscle was tangible. It exerted a force all of its own.  Cormier thought ' I might as well forget about this guy and concentrate on being second. ' There was something else , too , strange. You had to witness him in the flesh. such granite hradness had a property that could nor be held on film or caught on paper. You had to see it live.

Peter McGough Flex Magazine May 2002

Let it be said that the camera can lie at physique contests. Some guys look great onstage but not so great on final film (Dorian Yates, for one) and vice versa (Shawn Ray is an example)

do you think these guys are making this up? why does it bother you so much he might appear better live and in person as opposed to pictures and videos?

::) Get fucked.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »

Ronnie progressed

Ronnie wasn't 10 when he was competing with Yates , Ronnie progressed in what area the most? his conditioning and size at the expense of that conditioning in later years

Ronnie 1998 was 249lbs and in what he said was his best Olympia showing and he looked outstanding , he was 255 in 1997 with so-so conditioning. He just barely beat Flex in one of the closest Mr Olympia contests ever even to this day ( 3 points ) if a less than perfect Flex gave him a handful of trouble , what do you think Dorian 1993/1995 would do? Flex's best year was 1993 and Dorian utterly crushed him and Ronnie hand his hands full with a Flex that wasn't as sharp as 93 , Dorian 1993/1995 wouldn't have much problem beating Ronnie 98

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2010, 06:53:50 PM »
Fixed

hahahahaha great post because it's true.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2010, 06:57:49 PM »
Ronnie wasn't 10 when he was competing with Yates , Ronnie progressed in what area the most? his conditioning and size at the expense of that conditioning in later years

Ronnie 1998 was 249lbs and in what he said was his best Olympia showing and he looked outstanding , he was 255 in 1995 with so-so conditioning. He just barely beat Flex in one of the closest Mr Olympia contests ever even to this day ( 3 points ) if a less than perfect Flex gave him a handful of trouble , what do you think Dorian 1993/1995 would do? Flex's best year was 1993 and Dorian utterly crushed him and Ronnie hand his hands full with a Flex that wasn't as sharp as 93 , Dorian 1993/1995 wouldn't have much problem beating Ronnie 98

I stopped reading there. To me, Ronnie had more of a "wow" factor than Dorian, and i think there are more "wow" pictures of Ronnie than there are of Dorian. The best pictures of Dorian was 2 weeks before he failed to show up in his best shape at a contest? I dont care about points or other people that competed at the time or what certain articles claim. To me, Ronnie was bigger, stronger, and didn't have to work half as hard as Dorian and got more mr. olympias being a lot stupider than Dorian

So Ronnie comes out on top.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2010, 06:58:21 PM »
Ronnie got bigger and more muscular, but looked like a water balloon next to Doz's granite hardness. Given how gay that sounds, I'll stop arguing there - to each his own.

That's a great point ' to each his own ' and a lot of people simply like the way Ronnie looks compared to Dorian , he's huge has great shape , small waist & hips , huge arms he appeals to a lot of people , however when he start to break down how contests are judged and who has advantages over the other we see Dorian satisfies the criteria better

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2010, 07:05:19 PM »
That's a great point ' to each his own ' and a lot of people simply like the way Ronnie looks compared to Dorian , he's huge has great shape , small waist & hips , huge arms he appeals to a lot of people , however when he start to break down how contests are judged and who has advantages over the other we see Dorian satisfies the criteria better

Absolutely. Ronnie's size and shape made him look freaky in a lot of poses, which makes most people overlook his flaws. Dorian was more complete and balanced, the torn arm not withstanding. At his best, Dorian had no weak points, while being well above everyone else with his dryness and conditioning. Ronnie was always missing calves and sporting a bad midsection, while having enough muscularity to dominate, with his conditioning being hit or miss / inconsistent.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2010, 07:06:37 PM »
I stopped reading there. To me, Ronnie had more of a "wow" factor than Dorian, and i think there are more "wow" pictures of Ronnie than there are of Dorian. The best pictures of Dorian was 2 weeks before he failed to show up in his best shape at a contest? I dont care about points or other people that competed at the time or what certain articles claim. To me, Ronnie was bigger, stronger, and didn't have to work half as hard as Dorian and got more mr. olympias being a lot stupider than Dorian

So Ronnie comes out on top.

Or course you stopped reading there because your mind is already made up. you are exactly the guy I'm talking about in the above post. I'm glad you mentioned him being strong to that also appeals more people to Ronnie which means nothing because weights are simple a means to an end but people are fascinated with numbers " Ronnie can squat this and no one else can ever "  impressive none the less it adds to his mystic but doesn't mean much in the context of who is a better bodybuilder

funny thing about Coleman fans NO ONE was cheering for him until he won , then everyone jumped on the bandwagon lol

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2010, 07:13:19 PM »
Or course you stopped reading there because your mind is already made up. you are exactly the guy I'm talking about in the above post. I'm glad you mentioned him being strong to that also appeals more people to Ronnie which means nothing because weights are simple a means to an end but people are fascinated with numbers " Ronnie can squat this and no one else can ever "  impressive none the less it adds to his mystic but doesn't mean much in the context of who is a better bodybuilder

funny thing about Coleman fans NO ONE was cheering for him until he won , then everyone jumped on the bandwagon lol

yes my mind is made up, just like yours is. I don't see the point of you arguing over and over about how "complete" dorian was or how paper thin his skin was. Who cares? I said that Ronnie was better, I'm not going to post hundreds of pictures or god forbid dig into the archives of muscle magazines for sentences. I dont care about it that much. I like Ronnie better. The whole breakdown of criteria that a judge should consider when examining a mans body that you do is just silly and partially gay to me.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »

water balloon?

think again:
Flower Boy Ran Away