Author Topic: Stinking Filthy "LIB"  (Read 25611 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Stinking Filthy "LIB"
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2010, 08:57:03 PM »
Way to address my last three posts moron.    ::)  ::)

your posts about Washington talking about god, religion, etc...

what's that got to do with him being a liberal or not......moron

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2010, 09:01:50 PM »
your posts about Washington talking about god, religion, etc...

what's that got to do with him being a liberal or not......moron

Oh nothing Straw - other than the fact that liberals despite even the mention of religion in politics, yourself as a perfect example. 

Additionally, liberals don't believe our rights come from God or naqtural law, but from man.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2010, 09:13:26 PM »
Oh nothing Straw - other than the fact that liberals despite even the mention of religion in politics, yourself as a perfect example.  

Additionally, liberals don't believe our rights come from God or naqtural law, but from man.

liberal/progressive understand that our country was founded on, among other things, the freedom of religion (including no religion) and separation of church and state

we understand that and respect that

people like you don't

I was not aware that any right that I currently enjoy came from god

which god are you talking about?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2010, 09:15:45 PM »
liberal/progressive understand that our country was founded on, among other things, the freedom of religion (including no religion) and separation of church and state

we understand that and respect that

people like you don't

I was not aware that any right that I currently enjoy came from god

which god are you talking about

Straw - where do your "fundamental inalienable rights come from?

hhhhmmmmm????????

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2010, 09:21:56 PM »
Straw - where do your "fundamental inalienable rights come from?

hhhhmmmmm????????

tell me which fundamental inalienable rights you're talking about and I'll tell you where they come from

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2010, 09:23:24 PM »
IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our British brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

— John Hancock

New Hampshire:
Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Matthew Thornton

Massachusetts:
John Hancock, Samuel Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island:
Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery

Connecticut:
Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott

New York:
William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris

New Jersey:
Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark

Pennsylvania:
Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross

Delaware:
Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean

Maryland:
Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia:
George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton

North Carolina:
William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn

South Carolina:
Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton

Georgia:
Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton
________________________ ________________

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. —

What does that mean to you Straw?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »
IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men,

What does that mean to you Straw?

You should try using shorter quotes and then speaking your own mind

why didn't every human being enjoy equal rights at the time this was written?

if "rights" come from God then why doesn't everyone have the same rights all the time, and enforced by god?

at the time this was written only white property owners were allowed to vote and the humans who wrote it owned other human beings as slaves

after a civil war over a very easy and basic question about "equality" we gave black men the right to vote (if you could read, pay a tax, etc..) while any woman  (white, black, etc..)  wouldn't get that right for 50 more years

do you know what was happening?

the country was becoming more liberal and not just that but in LEADING the way in Liberal ideas like "equal rights for everyone"

just like Washington was talking about

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2010, 12:51:14 AM »
If these have been posted I missed them, so I apologize if there's a repeat:

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event" Thomas Jefferson

"Here is my creed. I believe in one God, the creator of the universe. That he governs it by his providence. That he ought to be worshipped. That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. Ben Franklin

"It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor." George Washington

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2010, 05:18:36 AM »
Straw won't recover.  He doubles down on stupidty when owned in his own threads. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2010, 09:07:52 AM »
Jonathan Swift

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2010, 09:09:58 AM »
Straw - where do our fundamental rights come from? 

Our Creator or man? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2010, 10:55:11 AM »
Straw - where do our fundamental rights come from? 

Our Creator or man? 

tell me which fundamental inalienable rights you're talking about and I'll tell you where they come from

since you're loony as a shithouse rat I don't want to presume anything about what you think a fundamental right is.

name one

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2010, 11:30:02 AM »
since you're loony as a shithouse rat I don't want to presume anything about what you think a fundamental right is.

name one

There are three fundamental rights: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...pretty simple really.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #188 on: August 31, 2010, 11:55:02 AM »
There are three fundamental rights: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...pretty simple really.

I'll grant you that I can see how people would think that "life" comes from God but I don't see how you can call that a right.   

It's really just a biological process and nothing more. 

The other two are nice platitudes but Liberty is nothing more than the fact that, as a nation, we are self-governing and I wasn't aware that this came from God

Pursuit of Happiness??

what does that even mean and how does it come from God.

BTW - what God are we even talking about.

333 - were these the rights you were referring to?

All the rights we enjoy as citizens of this country are solely the creation of man

I can't believe I even need to point that out

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: August 31, 2010, 11:58:20 AM »
I'll grant you that I can see how people would think that "life" comes from God but I don't see how you can call that a right.   

The other two are nice platitudes but Liberty is nothing more than the fact that, as a nation, we are self-governing and I wasn't aware that this came from God

Pursuit of Happiness??

All the rights we enjoy as citizens of this country are solely the creation of man

I can't believe how utterly stupid and ignorant you are Straw. 

For example - where does my right to self defense eminate?

Man or God?  Can you take that right away from me to protect myself?  yes or no?   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #190 on: August 31, 2010, 12:11:49 PM »

Man or God?  Can you take that right away from me to protect myself?  yes or no?   

It comes from man of course, at least in the legal sense

I don't know any other way you can categorize your "right" of self defense

are you really an attorney?

If someone attacks you on the street and you defend yourself what do you tell the cops when they show up.

do you tell them God authorized you to defend yourself or do you make the legal argument?

which argument will the cops care about?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2010, 12:15:41 PM »
It comes from man of course, at least in the legal sense

I don't know any other way you can categorize your "right" of self defense

are you really an attorney?

If someone attacks you on the street and you defend yourself what do you tell the cops when they show up.

do you tell them God authorized you to defend yourself or do you make the legal argument?

which argument will the cops care about?

The right to self defense does not come from you or obama, it comes from a natural right of the creator for me to protect my life. 

Sorry Straw - your lack of understanding of the Delcaration of Indep, the const, etc is beyond embarassing.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #192 on: August 31, 2010, 12:23:37 PM »
The right to self defense does not come from you or obama, it comes from a natural right of the creator for me to protect my life. 

Sorry Straw - your lack of understanding of the Delcaration of Indep, the const, etc is beyond embarassing.   

never said it came from me or Obama

if you had to defend yourself in court over an incident of self defence would you argue that your right to defend yourself came from God (again which God) or would you make a legal argument

btw - since when were you even religious and making arguments based on "god"

this is a new one for you

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: August 31, 2010, 12:27:43 PM »

lol soon he will be redefining terms to suit his own idiocy... ;D

straw youre a moron  ;)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2010, 12:30:13 PM »
I laughed at times when reading this thread. But, some posts gave me a reason to worry. Those posts clearly show why liberals should be considered a threat to this country due to their contempt for the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the founding fathers and the history of this nation.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2010, 12:33:08 PM »
never said it came from me or Obama

if you had to defend yourself in court over an incident of self defence would you argue that your right to defend yourself came from God (again which God) or would you make a legal argument

btw - since when were you even religious and making arguments based on "god"

this is a new one for you

I believe in God fully, just not organized religion.    I believe our funsdamental rights are ENDOWED by our creator to where neither you, obama, newt, bush, palin, or anyone else can take them away from me. 

And if you try, I fully believe in the right to take whatever measures necessary, including violent revolution, to beat you back from usurpring my inalienable  rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happieness.  we are supposed to be a govt that operates on the consent of the governed, not he jack boot of the govt a few whackos wants to shove down our throats.       

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »
I believe in God fully, just not organized religion.    I believe our funsdamental rights are ENDOWED by our creator to where neither you, obama, newt, bush, palin, or anyone else can take them away from me

And if you try, I fully believe in the right to take whatever measures necessary, including violent revolution, to beat you back from usurpring my inalienable  rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happieness.  we are supposed to be a govt that operates on the consent of the governed, not he jack boot of the govt a few whackos wants to shove down our throats.       

why do you keep saying stuff like the bold type above

no one has said any of that.

do you realize that you literally imagine things that didn't really happen (like Obama calling himself a messiah) and they you drive yourself absolutely crazy with that made up belief

btw - if you have a God given right to life then why can the state take your life away

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2010, 12:50:13 PM »
why do you keep saying stuff like the bold type above

no one has said any of that.

do you realize that you literally imagine things that didn't really happen (like Obama calling himself a messiah) and they you drive yourself absolutely crazy with that made up belief

btw - if you have a God given right to life then why can the state take your life away

Because in certain cases, people have forfeited that right via their actions, most usually, in grotesque actions like taking the life of many others or others in certain circumstances, to where society as a whole has deemed it so. 

philisophically I have no problem with capital punishment, however, the problems in the justice system make me less in support of it as i used to be.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2010, 12:58:03 PM »
Because in certain cases, people have forfeited that right via their actions, most usually, in grotesque actions like taking the life of many others or others in certain circumstances, to where society as a whole has deemed it so. 

philisophically I have no problem with capital punishment, however, the problems in the justice system make me less in support of it as i used to be.   

so God gives rights but then has rules about forfeiture

Since the state can put you in prison I guess the state has the right to over-ride your "god given" right of liberty too.

Is there somewhere I can read all the rights from god and all the rules about such rights

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »

Pursuit of Happiness??

How is life a right from God? simply because we have a right to exist founded on the very fact that we were created...all men have the right to exist, as well as in the same manner and function...this doesn't mean all men end up equal but they are given the equal right to life.

Liberty, we are free to pursue life in the manner we best see fit, based on the right of life.

Pursuit of happiness, within our liberty, (Originally pursuit of happiness read Pursuit of Property) meaning we had the right to own property, not simply land but all things gained by our liberty were rightfully ours and belonged to no one else.

These three rights are given to all men so as long as in whatever they do does not infringe upon these three rights of another individual.

What God our we talking about? The Judeo/Christian God, who else, that's what our founders based this off of...you can also look to John Locke, there are a lot of similarities in this.