Author Topic: LeBron's Image  (Read 177826 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: LeBron's Image
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2016, 02:03:00 PM »
No, we don't.  In fact, if you read the above exchanges, I've said I have no issue at all with him.

Mariano Rivera was the greatest closer in baseball history - it's not even debatable.   He doesn't have any tattoos telling us that, or a license plate that readest "GR8TST", or anything of the sort.

Those two tats are cheesy.  The perfect response to them is  ::) ::)

I agree. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »
No, we don't.  In fact, if you read the above exchanges, I've said I have no issue at all with him.

Mariano Rivera was the greatest closer in baseball history - it's not even debatable.   He doesn't have any tattoos telling us that, or a license plate that readest "GR8TST", or anything of the sort.

Those two tats are cheesy.  The perfect response to them is  ::) ::)

rivera was not on the cover of sports illustraed when he was 16

the best closer in baseball does not even slightly compare to being the best basketball player in the world and arguably of all time, closers are pitchers not good enough to be starters

rivera was only relevant to baseball fans and new yorkers, nobody else knows who he is while everybody knows Lebron

rivera with tats like that would be laughable, the tats fit Lebron

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2016, 07:50:03 PM »
Come on dude.  Nobody should be talking about themselves that way.  I never heard Jordan talk that way about himself. 

will you people get off of jordan's nutsack

"JORDAN WOULDN'T DO THAT"
"JORDAN WOULDN'T DO THIS"
"JORDAN DIDN'T DO THAT"

enough already jeez, jordan's generation didn't have tats, every other player these days looks like rodman 20 years ago aside from the pink or green hair

jordan was a dick to everybody from teammates to his caddie, i never heard that said about Lebron

and again that's not a great comparison either, jordan was cut from the varsity team in high school while Lebron was dominating seniors in high school as an 8th grader hence his arrogance

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2016, 07:57:48 PM »
rivera was not on the cover of sports illustraed when he was 16

the best closer in baseball does not even slightly compare to being the best basketball player in the world and arguably of all time, closers are pitchers not good enough to be starters

rivera was only relevant to baseball fans and new yorkers, nobody else knows who he is while everybody knows Lebron

rivera with tats like that would be laughable, the tats fit Lebron

E

Doesn't make those two tats any less cheesy or cringe-worthy.

And I'm not doing any of that Jordan comparison stuff - just judging them solely based on the context of what they say.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2016, 09:28:01 AM »
will you people get off of jordan's nutsack

"JORDAN WOULDN'T DO THAT"
"JORDAN WOULDN'T DO THIS"
"JORDAN DIDN'T DO THAT"

enough already jeez, jordan's generation didn't have tats, every other player these days looks like rodman 20 years ago aside from the pink or green hair

jordan was a dick to everybody from teammates to his caddie, i never heard that said about Lebron

and again that's not a great comparison either, jordan was cut from the varsity team in high school while Lebron was dominating seniors in high school as an 8th grader hence his arrogance

E

Actually LeBron is the one who used Jordan as the standard, even wearing Jordan's number when he first came into the NBA. 

But it isn't just Jordan.  Magic, Bird, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Tim Duncan, Tony Gwynn, Serena Williams, Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, A-Rod, Jeter, etc.  Pick a superstar.  They don't deify themselves with tattoos.  I don't know if LeBron is the only superstar to anoint himself with those kinds of tattoos as a kid, but it's definitely not commonplace. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2016, 09:44:03 AM »
Doesn't make those two tats any less cheesy or cringe-worthy.

And I'm not doing any of that Jordan comparison stuff - just judging them solely based on the context of what they say.

Correct.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2016, 04:37:43 PM »
Actually LeBron is the one who used Jordan as the standard, even wearing Jordan's number when he first came into the NBA. 

But it isn't just Jordan.  Magic, Bird, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Tim Duncan, Tony Gwynn, Serena Williams, Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, A-Rod, Jeter, etc.  Pick a superstar.  They don't deify themselves with tattoos.  I don't know if LeBron is the only superstar to anoint himself with those kinds of tattoos as a kid, but it's definitely not commonplace. 

Lebron is a millennial and they love tats, none of these athletes are that young and none of them had the hype he had as a teen

Lebron was the most famous basketball player in the world when he was a senior in high school, shaq said so himself back in 2002

and yeah Lebron views jordan as the standard because people can't stop talking about him, his legend seems to grow more and more when he hasn't been the best in the world since 1998, it's quite pathetic how people can't move on from him

basketball hasn't regressed like bodybuilding so can we please move on from the past?

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2016, 09:35:35 AM »
Lebron is a millennial and they love tats, none of these athletes are that young and none of them had the hype he had as a teen

Nothing wrong with tats.

Just those two are cheesy, no matter how you try to rationalize it.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2016, 10:09:52 AM »

Lebron was the most famous basketball player in the world when he was a senior in high school, shaq said so himself back in 2002

and yeah Lebron views jordan as the standard because people can't stop talking about him, his legend seems to grow more and more when he hasn't been the best in the world since 1998, it's quite pathetic how people can't move on from him

basketball hasn't regressed like bodybuilding so can we please move on from the past?

E

Like Grape Ape said, it isn't about getting tattoos, it's what those tattoos say. 

I completely disagree about basketball regressing.  The 80s basketball was far superior to what we see today IMO.  Maybe that was because the lack of free agency allowed teams to be stacked, but I think the quality of basketball in the NBA has decreased.  I don't know if we'll ever see anything like the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers, and Pistons from back then.  I miss those days. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2016, 03:59:49 PM »
we've seen plenty of teams like them and better, you just don't see it because you romanticize the past

30 years from now some kid that is currently 15 will be doing the same thing, it's what people do

and Lebron is the only athlete that can wear those tattoos

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2016, 04:46:53 PM »
we've seen plenty of teams like them and better, you just don't see it because you romanticize the past

30 years from now some kid that is currently 15 will be doing the same thing, it's what people do

and Lebron is the only athlete that can wear those tattoos

E

I'm not romanticizing anything.  I just believe what I see.  Some sports progress.  Some regress.  Football has progressed.  Basketball and heavyweight boxing have regressed. 

No man should be wearing those tattoos.  And honestly, he hasn't lived up to the expectations he set for himself for calling himself "King."  He was outstanding in these Finals, but he also has plenty of Frozen One moments in the Finals.  If he gets 6 or 7 rings then we can talk about putting him on the NBA Mount Rushmore.

Also, keep in mind he plays in the incredibly weak East.   

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2016, 08:10:47 PM »
I'm not romanticizing anything.  I just believe what I see.  Some sports progress.  Some regress.  Football has progressed.  Basketball and heavyweight boxing have regressed. 

No man should be wearing those tattoos.  And honestly, he hasn't lived up to the expectations he set for himself for calling himself "King."  He was outstanding in these Finals, but he also has plenty of Frozen One moments in the Finals.  If he gets 6 or 7 rings then we can talk about putting him on the NBA Mount Rushmore.

Also, keep in mind he plays in the incredibly weak East.   

players are bigger, stronger, and more skilled than ever stop looking at basketball through your once teenaged eyes

heavyweight boxing has regressed because nobody wants to be a boxer anymore, everybody wants to be an nba player so you can't argue the talent is diluted

he has lived up to the expectations by being by far the best player of his generation, every player has had "frozen one" moments you just don't remember them because people only count bad games in the finals, people conveniently forget kobe missing the playoffs or jordan not beating the celtic or pistons and when you're in the finals as often as he is there will be some bad games

you guys knock the conference he's in, yet ignore the fact he didn't have good teammates for most of his career

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2016, 09:23:53 PM »
players are bigger, stronger, and more skilled than ever stop looking at basketball through your once teenaged eyes

heavyweight boxing has regressed because nobody wants to be a boxer anymore, everybody wants to be an nba player so you can't argue the talent is diluted

he has lived up to the expectations by being by far the best player of his generation, every player has had "frozen one" moments you just don't remember them because people only count bad games in the finals, people conveniently forget kobe missing the playoffs or jordan not beating the celtic or pistons and when you're in the finals as often as he is there will be some bad games

you guys knock the conference he's in, yet ignore the fact he didn't have good teammates for most of his career

E

I watched 80s games live and I still occasionally watch some of those old games.  What I saw then and what I see now is better basketball.  Being able to run faster or jump higher doesn't = better team basketball or even more skilled players.  For example, there isn't a point guard playing today better than Magic Johnson, but I bet most of the today's NBA point guards can jump higher and run faster than him.  And I think the Celtics, Pistons, and Lakers would have beaten this years Cavs.  

Today's fundamentals stink.  How many of today's big men cannot shoot free throws?  How many of them cannot shoot from the perimeter?  They don't put in the time.  

Regarding boxing, today's athletes are bigger, stronger, and faster, yet none of today's heavyweights could beat Ali, Foreman, Frazier, or even Tyson in his prime.  Same with the lighter classes with Sugar Ray, Duran, Hearns, etc.  Those battles were awesome.  Regardless of how you want to spin it, the sport has regressed and been replaced by MMA (or whatever you call it).  

I don't think LeBron is the best player of his generation.  He wasn't even the best player in the league the past two years.  Great player, yes.  All-time great, yes.  Greatest of his generation?  Not enough rings.    

Jordan and Kobe's respective Finals records are pretty darn good:  6-0 and 5-2.  LeBron is 3-4.  Not much of a comparison.    

LeBron has only won championships playing with superstar players.  He would not have won in Miami without Wade and Bosh (and Ray Allen), or in Cleveland without Irving playing out of his mind.  Even then he won it by the skin of his teeth.  

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2016, 11:43:52 AM »
like i said you are watching those games with nostalgia goggles

name the titles kobe and michael won without star teammates, why did kobe miss the playoffs when shaq and phil left?

and if you would take curry over Lebron it just proves even more you're a Lebron hater, you knock Lebron for his finals losses yet excuse curry's shit performance in the finals, though curry would easily be a top 5 player in the 80's

Lebron is easily the best player of his generation and arguably of all time

just admit you're a hater and can't stand the fact that there are better players than your childhood heroes

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2016, 12:58:44 PM »
like i said you are watching those games with nostalgia goggles

name the titles kobe and michael won without star teammates, why did kobe miss the playoffs when shaq and phil left?

and if you would take curry over Lebron it just proves even more you're a Lebron hater, you knock Lebron for his finals losses yet excuse curry's shit performance in the finals, though curry would easily be a top 5 player in the 80's

Lebron is easily the best player of his generation and arguably of all time

just admit you're a hater and can't stand the fact that there are better players than your childhood heroes

E

You can keep saying something that is absolutely untrue if you want.  It's still false.  I simply have a different take on today's NBA. 

Jordan had a superstar teammate in Pippin.  Kobe had a superstar teammate in Shaq.  Debatable whether Pau was a superstar, but definitely an all-star. 

But the standard is different for "King James"/the "Chosen One."  He is supposed to be able to carry a team to a championship with those kinds of self-titled monikers.  He can't.   

No, LeBron is not the best player of his generation when he wasn't even the best player in the NBA the past two seasons.  Curry was terrible in the Finals.  LeBron was terrific.  But that doesn't change their performance during the entire season.  Curry was out of his mind good this past season.

I admit you really are not capable of having an extended discussion without acting like a little kid.  I suspect you don't even watch the NBA.   

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2016, 01:46:19 PM »
the fact that you and many others expect Lebron to be the only player to carry bums to a championship is proof you all believe he is the best player ever

i get it you hate his tattoos, are they worse than kobe being hated by teammates?  worse than kobe raping that girl?  worse than jordan quitting to play baseball and failing miserably in washington when the east was very weak?  let me guess, he was old right?  shouldn't the "best player ever" while averaging at least 20 a game get them to the playoffs in a weak conference?

i'll answer, no the tats are not worse but you will say they are just to prove your stupid point, which is hating Lebron and shitting on all his accomplishments

funny how curry's regular season means more to you than Lebron's title while you would probably dismiss the fact Lebron has 3 more mvp's than kobe, no not a hater at all LOL

E

E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2016, 02:05:30 PM »
the fact that you and many others expect Lebron to be the only player to carry bums to a championship is proof you all believe he is the best player ever

i get it you hate his tattoos, are they worse than kobe being hated by teammates?  worse than kobe raping that girl?  worse than jordan quitting to play baseball and failing miserably in washington when the east was very weak?  let me guess, he was old right?  shouldn't the "best player ever" while averaging at least 20 a game get them to the playoffs in a weak conference?

i'll answer, no the tats are not worse but you will say they are just to prove your stupid point, which is hating Lebron and shitting on all his accomplishments

funny how curry's regular season means more to you than Lebron's title while you would probably dismiss the fact Lebron has 3 more mvp's than kobe, no not a hater at all LOL

E

You really have a lot invested in this don't you?  Do you have life-sized LeBron posters on your bedroom wall?  LeBron fat heads?  Bobble-heads?  It's ok.  Lots of kids have groupie-like crushes on superstars. 

I expect LeBron to carry any team he plays on to a championship because those are the expectations he set for himself, not because he is actually good enough to do so.  He's clearly not.  He left for Miami because he needed other superstars to win.  He came back to Cleveland only because they had a rising superstar in Irving and a wink/nod trade in place for an all-star in Love.  And Love was a borderline superstar before going to Cleveland. 

Tattoos.  lol.  Are you just acting like a doofus or just being dishonest?  I don't care about LeBron or anyone else getting tattoos.  The issue is what those tattoos say, not the fact he has tattoos.  Both Grape Ape and I already explained that to you.

If you are evaluating a player's performance, you look at an entire season, not just seven games in the Finals. 

I don't place a lot of stock in media-voted MVP awards.  They don't mean a whole lot.  What matters is what we actually see and the results on the floor.  And when I say "we" I'm referring to those of us who actually watch the NBA. 

Wait.  Aren't you the same person who said Larry Bird was just an overrated white guy?  LOL!  If that wasn't you then I apologize.  If it was, then I'm going to slap myself for getting into an extended discussion with you in first place.  lol   

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2016, 11:49:29 AM »
your first sentence is you projecting yourself on to me

those are the expectations everybody has for Lebron because they know he's the best and because he has been to the finals 6 straight times, when you are the best it's natural to have those expectations

Lebron wasn't handed superstars like your childhood heroes, why do you refuse to admit that?  

i hate all tattoos, but if anybody can pull of the tats Lebron has it's Lebron, i wouldn't go by what grape ape said because he actually compared a relief pitcher for an all star team in a non capped league to Lebron

you evaluate the whole season eh?  good so Lebron's 4 mvp's automatically make him far superior to kobe the rapist with his measly 1 mvp, Lebron was first team all nba so stop pretending his regular season sucked

mvp's are given based on results on the floor you idiot, stop changing the rules to fit your retarded argument, if anybody is a media favorite it's kobe

i don't recall saying here that larry bird is an overrated white guy but he is definitely worse than Lebron, he too was handed superstar teammates unlike Lebron

another thing about the KING, people say he chased titles, well he built those teams unlike jordan drafting kwame friggin brown number 1 overall in washington and not even building a playoff team in charlotte, jordan's luck of having superstars fall into his lap is clearly gone HAHA

E
E

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »
Lebron is still and obnoxious illiterate phaggot.

Golden State choking away the Finals to him doesn't change that.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2016, 02:00:19 PM »

He was a beast in the finals.
Y

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2016, 05:39:26 PM »
He was a beast in the finals.

Fuck him

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2016, 04:37:57 PM »

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2016, 10:50:32 AM »

he's still the best player you've ever had the privilege to witness

WE ARE ALL A WITNESS

E
E

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2016, 06:50:46 AM »
he's still the best player you've ever had the privilege to witness

WE ARE ALL A WITNESS

E

Baloney.  I watched guys like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant.  Ever single one of those guys is better than LBJ.

Every single one of them I would pick for my team before Lebron.