Author Topic: Poll: Opposition to health care overhaul declining. 50% favorable, 35% unfavorab  (Read 1902 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
It's like both sides want to fuck us, but one doesn't want OB to do the fucking.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It's like both sides want to fuck us, but one doesn't want OB to do the fucking.

you view the 5 provisions that are polling very favorably among Repubs as "fucking us"?

OzmO

• Getbig V
you view the 5 provisions that are polling very favorably among Repubs as "fucking us"?

2 things:

1.  Insurance company abuses  (some of which are addressed in the "5 things")
2.  Ridiculously high medicine and health care costs and premiums.

If those aren't addressed we are getting fucked.  Anything else is tool time material.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
2 things:

1.  Insurance company abuses  (some of which are addressed in the "5 things")
2.  Ridiculously high medicine and health care costs and premiums.
If those aren't addressed we are getting fucked.  Anything else is tool time material.

no argument from me on that and the ridiculous costs are probably the primary issue

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
no argument from me on that and the ridiculous costs are probably the primary issue

And yet you have no problem w obama making us slaves to that system under penalty of fine and law despite the fact that in 2008 Obama himself said the mandate was wrong.     

OzmO

• Getbig V
And yet you have no problem w obama making us slaves to that system under penalty of fine and law despite the fact that in 2008 Obama himself said the mandate was wrong.     

i am thinking that gets struck down later today or tomorrow.  Hopefully anyway.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i am thinking that gets struck down later today or tomorrow.  Hopefully anyway.

Thursday at 10:00 am 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Yeah, having to pay a fine is the definition of slavery
Since you have insurance you wouldn't even be subject to a fine and your income is probaly so low you would be exempt anyway

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yeah, having to pay a fine is the definition of slavery
Since you have insurance you wouldn't even be subject to a fine and your income is probaly so low you would be exempt anyway

Whatever - Obama knew the deal back in 2008 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
333 - since you believe you are Obama's slave you should start referring to him properly as your master

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
333 - since you believe you are Obama's slave you should start referring to him properly as your master

Straw - YES OR NO - DID OBAMA LIE HIS ASS OFF ABOUT EVERY ASPECT OF HEALTH CARE? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Straw - YES OR NO - DID OBAMA LIE HIS ASS OFF ABOUT EVERY ASPECT OF HEALTH CARE? 

Obama is your Master

It must be true or how else could you be his slave

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama is your Master

It must be true or how else could you be his slave

Obama is making individuals slaves to corporations w the mandate as the sole reason of breating and you progressive idiots just cheer it along. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
One issue that republicans seem to have such a problem with is the "individual mandate."  As it being unConstitutional. 

Here is how I see it.  Where in the Constitution does it guarantee that any turd who staggers in off the street HAS to be provided emergency room services without even the slightest intention of paying for it?  Indeed, many of them use the ER as their personal doctor.....absolutely insane and those of us who have health insurance are stuck with footing the bill for them.  So I would prefer to see a mandatory insurance for individuals OR we start turning away those without insurance at the ER's, unless it is truly a life threatening situation.  And that will NEVER happen, so I say force these sloths to carry insurance.  I know repubs will shit the bed on this issue, but I don't see any other "fair" way of doing it where those of us with insurance aren't paying for those without it. 

Yes, I would prefer to see a massiver overhaul of the health insurance industry, but with them lining the pockets of politicians on both sides of the aisle, it will NEVER truly happen.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
One issue that republicans seem to have such a problem with is the "individual mandate."  As it being unConstitutional. 

Here is how I see it.  Where in the Constitution does it guarantee that any turd who staggers in off the street HAS to be provided emergency room services without even the slightest intention of paying for it?  Indeed, many of them use the ER as their personal doctor.....absolutely insane and those of us who have health insurance are stuck with footing the bill for them.  So I would prefer to see a mandatory insurance for individuals OR we start turning away those without insurance at the ER's, unless it is truly a life threatening situation.  And that will NEVER happen, so I say force these sloths to carry insurance.  I know repubs will shit the bed on this issue, but I don't see any other "fair" way of doing it where those of us with insurance aren't paying for those without it. 

Yes, I would prefer to see a massiver overhaul of the health insurance industry, but with them lining the pockets of politicians on both sides of the aisle, it will NEVER truly happen.

Its called EMTALA and it should be repealed. 

The issue w the mandate is that it literally is limiteless and the obamacarecare mandate is not limited to catastrophic ER coverage to defray those costs. 

Thus, the ER argument is not applicable to the ObamaCare mandate which mandates all sorts of shit most people will never use.     

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Its called EMTALA and it should be repealed. 

The issue w the mandate is that it literally is limiteless and the obamacarecare mandate is not limited to catastrophic ER coverage to defray those costs. 

Thus, the ER argument is not applicable to the ObamaCare mandate which mandates all sorts of shit most people will never use.     

I wasn't really talking about his plan, per se.  Just that I don't have a problem with people who are going to utilize the health care services having to carry coverage.  Indeed, much of his plan is pure shit, so I'm really not talking about that.  It's just that every time I hear commentary on it, that is the ONE issue being brought up by republicans. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I wasn't really talking about his plan, per se.  Just that I don't have a problem with people who are going to utilize the health care services having to carry coverage.  Indeed, much of his plan is pure shit, so I'm really not talking about that.  It's just that every time I hear commentary on it, that is the ONE issue being brought up by republicans. 

They could have offered a catastropic plan that would have cost almost nothing as well as instituted some type of tax to cover that and it would have been totally legit. 

BTW - a huge part of the problem w the ER is illegals who are not going to buy anything regardsless. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
They could have offered a catastropic plan that would have cost almost nothing as well as instituted some type of tax to cover that and it would have been totally legit. 

BTW - a huge part of the problem w the ER is illegals who are not going to buy anything regardsless. 

I agree and they should be turned away.  But it would NEVER happen.  I really think the bigger cost is not so much "catastrophic" issues, but the use of the ER as a doctors office/clinic by those who are uninsured.  They just rack up massive health care bills and never pay them and have no intentions of, so it drives up the cost for those of us carrying because hospitals and insurance WILL get their share.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Polls are useful sometimes, like when I agree with their findings.   Otherwise,, they are meaningless and stupid and probably biased and wrong.

Signed,

Everyone.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/325703/3/Nixon-against-Obama-health-insurance-mandate

Ha ha ha - Democrats running for the exits. 

if he never supported it then how is him still not supporting it "news"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

The Constitution doesn't say anything about patient dumping (treating ER patients regardless of their ability to pay).  Those are laws passed by various states.  And they are the right thing to do.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Lol!!!!!   56 percent want it repealed as of today.

Poll shows opposition to health care overhaul declining. 50% favorable and only 35% unfavorable now.

Poll shows opposition to health care overhaul declining

By David S. Hilzenrath
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, July 29, 2010; 12:02 AM

Opposition to the landmark health care overhaul declined over the past month, to 35 percent from 41 percent, according to the latest results of a tracking poll, reported Thursday.

Fifty percent of the public held a favorable view of the law, up slightly from 48 percent a month ago, while 14 percent expressed no opinion about the measure, according to the poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

The approval level was the highest for the legislation since it was enacted in March, after a divisive year-long debate. In April, the poll found 46 percent in favor and 40 percent opposed.

Though the legislative battle is over, the political tug-of-war continues. Democrats and Republicans have been fighting to shape public opinion on the issue in hopes of influencing the fall elections.

Among Republicans, opposition to the law remained steady at 69 percent, but the intensity of that opposition ticked upward. Fifty-three percent of Republicans said they had a "very unfavorable" opinion of the law this month, up from 50 percent in June.

Independents, who can tip the balance in elections, split 48 percent to 37 percent in favor, compared with 49 percent to 41 percent a month earlier. The intensity of opinion among this group showed little change; just less than a fifth expressed a very favorable view, and just more than a quarter expressed a very unfavorable view.

The legislation was passed by Democratic majorities in the House and Senate and was signed into law by a Democratic president, and over the past month Democratic support for the legislation grew. Seventy-three percent of Democrats expressed a favorable opinion, up from 69 percent in June. Fifteen percent of Democrats expressed an unfavorable opinion, down from 19 percent in June.