Author Topic: Workouts and labor intensive jobs  (Read 6365 times)

mab413

• Getbig I
Workouts and labor intensive jobs
« on: August 02, 2010, 04:54:12 PM »
Hi,
     I have been on a pretty good workout routine for about 5 months now. I recently changed jobs and my new job is very labor intensive. I am finding myself wiped out after work and not motivated to workout, and extremely tired when I wake up. Can anyone relate and give me somes tips to stay on track. Supplements, workout splits.
   Would it be too much for a full body workout once a week? I was doing a 4 day split.
Thanks 

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Workouts and labor intensive jobs
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:21:15 PM »
Hi,
     I have been on a pretty good workout routine for about 5 months now. I recently changed jobs and my new job is very labor intensive. I am finding myself wiped out after work and not motivated to workout, and extremely tired when I wake up. Can anyone relate and give me somes tips to stay on track. Supplements, workout splits.
   Would it be too much for a full body workout once a week? I was doing a 4 day split.
Thanks 
been there too.....what i did was go 1st thing in the morning....just down a shake on the way to the gym...do 10-15 minutes of light cardio to wake you up....and then just do a couple of movements per muscle......it actually worked out pretty good for me...

the hardest part is the 1st week...once you get that out of the way it gets easy...

i started taking nano vapor upon waking...its the only thing muscletech i will ever use....i think they put meth/crack in it...

bench

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:08:26 PM »
Clean up your diet and eat more good stuff, clean protein/carbs.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 08:12:33 PM »
Clean up your diet and eat more good stuff, clean protein/carbs.
yeah, put lettuce on your burger...

bench

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 09:05:02 PM »
been there too when I worked construction, I always would always go straight from work b/c if I went home and ate and sat down I generally wasnt going to workout...you just gotta get it in bro, maybe try putting part of your routine on the weekends if you dont work weekends that way you have at least 2 days youre working out when you dont work...

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 09:22:04 AM »
Agree with T-Tones  for the most part. Though the weekends may be better for rest. Want to keep in that work primed zone going, so getting to the gym after your shift is a good idea.

Might consider the 1 or 2 muscle group workout day idea. Like SS'ing back & chest (as Arnold and Franco were famous for) or legs/hams or calves, delts and traps, etc. Whatever combo suits your needs.  Also tri or quad sets work extremely well when working two muscle groups on the same workout day.

I would focus on only working 3 days a week, like mon-wed-fri or until you get adjusted to your new job and work hours..  There is the GVT (10X10), 8X8, 6X6 square root (my label, nothing official) concept also. Based on one muscle group a day. Only heavier compound exercises are used. As: mon-bench. Wed-squats. Fri-BB rows. Good luck.
F

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »
Agree with T-Tones  for the most part. Though the weekends may be better for rest. Want to keep in that work primed zone going, so getting to the gym after your shift is a good idea.

Might consider the 1 or 2 muscle group workout day idea. Like SS'ing back & chest (as Arnold and Franco were famous for) or legs/hams or calves, delts and traps, etc. Whatever combo suits your needs.  Also tri or quad sets work extremely well when working two muscle groups on the same workout day.
 I would focus on only working 3 days a week, like mon-wed-fri or until you get adjusted to your new job and work hours..  There is the GVT (10X10), 8X8, 6X6 square root (my label, nothing official) concept also. Based on one muscle group a day. Only heavier compound exercises are used. As: mon-bench. Wed-squats. Fri-BB rows. Good luck.
thats kinda what i did....i would do 2 muscles a day....

bench