Author Topic: Michelle Obama - this is what you call a "First Lady" ?  (Read 66845 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Michelle Obama - "Modern Day Marie Antoinette"
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2010, 01:18:49 PM »
Again - the fact that the best Obama supporters can do is still point to Bush as some type of equivalence shows just how low he has sunk considering he was supposed to be, campaigned on, and promised to be the anti-bush. 

BTW - the video I posted just shows how FOS he is in his nonsense speeches.   

REally 3333?

You are trying to make a point about what OB said during his campaign speeches versus what he's doing?  As if that's something new with politicians?   Oh Please,  ::).

I bet you voted for him didn't you?   ;) ;D

Obama supporters (if that's what you are accusing me of) are not using BUSH as some sort of equivalence, they are using the fact that bush spent far more time on vacation as a rebuttal to the stupid slanted argument against him concerning vacation time

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »
I question his public relations strategy, the rest of it is fluff,  when the economy was flourishing there still was many many things that needed fixing, many many people out of work, much much national debt etc..  So whether or not its good judgement is all a matter of view point not necessarily practicality.  

Fact is, BUSH spent far more time on vacation than Obama has, (not trying to defend OB, but still, it is what it is).

Again - comparing Bush to Obama to me is off base considering Obama ran on being the anti-bush.  Shit, he still is running and campaigning as the anti-bush.  

However, from what I can tell, he is far worse because Bush never really made any pretenses of being anything other than he was.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2010, 01:21:24 PM »
REally 3333?

You are trying to make a point about what OB said during his campaign speeches versus what he's doing?  As if that's something new with politicians?   Oh Please,  ::).

I bet you voted for him didn't you?   ;) ;D

Obama supporters (if that's what you are accusing me of) are not using BUSH as some sort of equivalence, they are using the fact that bush spent far more time on vacation as a rebuttal to the stupid slanted argument against him concerning vacation time

How is it slanted?   Bush isnt the gold standard of POTUSES.  He was rightlly scorned for much of his behaviors. 

BTW - Obama is still campaigning as if he is running and it seems the campaign never stopped.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2010, 01:22:41 PM »
Again - comparing Bush to Obama to me is off base considering Obama ran on being the anti-bush.  Shit, he still is running and campaigning as the anti-bush.  

However, from what I can tell, he is far worse because Bush never really made any pretenses of being anything other than he was.  

Sure he is, anyone would, we all know this mess wouldn't be an easy fix.

Would BUSH have acknowledged the possibility that he would have signed the record billions in bail out while campaigning?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »
How is it slanted?   Bush isnt the gold standard of POTUSES.  He was rightlly scorned for much of his behaviors. 

BTW - Obama is still campaigning as if he is running and it seems the campaign never stopped.   

The accusation/argument is that OB is spending too much time on vacation...  that case can be made on any president and the fact BUSh spent much more shatters it.  that's why its a slanted argument. 

It would one thing, if OB was doing far mroe than the rest of them which may be the case with Michelle and her Spain trip, but until the rest of the facts are known we wouldn't really know.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2010, 01:28:17 PM »
I question his public relations strategy, the rest of it is fluff,  when the economy was flourishing there still was many many things that needed fixing, many many people out of work, much much national debt etc..  So whether or not its good judgement is all a matter of view point not necessarily practicality.  

Fact is, BUSH spent far more time on vacation than Obama has, (not trying to defend OB, but still, it is what it is).

I rarely buy the moral equivalency arguments.  They're usually pretty weak.  In other words, current mistakes cannot be justified by referencing past mistakes of others.  

Arguably, much of what the president does is "fluff."  He mans the bully pulpit.  He makes speeches to make us feel better.  He looks and acts like a leader.

It's very important that the leader of any organization, and the leader of the country, set the tone.  If my company was having serious financial trouble and we were firing people, I couldn't imagine announcing that I'm taking a vacation to go play golf, headed to the beach, ten days here, a week there.  

I'm not saying he shouldn't take time off, but I don't think it plays wells with people around the country who are struggling.    

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2010, 01:29:33 PM »
Did you watch that video I posted? 

Also - the fact that we are left with Bush as the standard for Obama already is an admission of how low obama has sunk on so many levels. 

Hahaha, exactly. This is what cracks me up about the leftists. They're constantly justifying Obama's actions by pointing out that Bush, who they regard as the worst president in the history of this country, did the same things. Brutal self-owning.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2010, 01:29:38 PM »
The accusation/argument is that OB is spending too much time on vacation...  that case can be made on any president and the fact BUSh spent much more shatters it.  that's why its a slanted argument. 

It would one thing, if OB was doing far mroe than the rest of them which may be the case with Michelle and her Spain trip, but until the rest of the facts are known we wouldn't really know.

He is going on his 5th vacation since June for 10 days in the Rizy Cape cod area with multi millionaires all while he tells us to sacrifice more to pay for obamacare and if we take a trip to go to the Gulf, while he goes for a photo there and then flies to be with the zillionaires.

You dont see an issue with that while the economy is literally in freefall?  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2010, 01:31:48 PM »
Bush vacationed for about 25% of his presidency.  people defended it by saying "Hey, they have this little thing called technology which allows the president to work and run the nation even while on vacation!"

It was true then, and it's true now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2010, 01:35:31 PM »
He is going on his 5th vacation since June for 10 days in the Rizy Cape cod area with multi millionaires all while he tells us to sacrifice more to pay for obamacare and if we take a trip to go to the Gulf, while he goes for a photo there and then flies to be with the zillionaires.

Geeze.  Couple that with the wife spending over $300k on a birthday party and you have a couple in the White House just giving middle America a big middle finger.   :-\

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2010, 01:36:25 PM »
5 vacations, not a single one of the Gulf coast areas that have been hit hard by the oil spill.  :-X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2010, 01:38:31 PM »
Bush vacationed for about 25% of his presidency.  people defended it by saying "Hey, they have this little thing called technology which allows the president to work and run the nation even while on vacation!"

It was true then, and it's true now.

Case closed.  Bush = Obama  

And who defended it 240?    Bush is regarded by many of you as the worst potus of all time.  If you have nothing left but comparing Obama to Bush, what does that say?  

Especially the hypocrisy of telling us to sacrifice and go to the gulf while he hangs out for 10 days in Marthas Vineyard all while spending 10 min in the Gulf for a photo op.  

And what about the nonsense from him telling us to conserve energy for the planet and that we should all pay more for travel etc?  

Watch this unbelievable nonsense!  and you wonder why many of us despise this jerk?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2010, 01:43:06 PM »

Hard to reconcile this with his current lifestyle. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »
Hard to reconcile this with his current lifestyle. 

No kidding.  Just his stupid photo op to the Gulf alone will use more energy than probably all of us combined over 10 years. 

He is a complete fraud and this clip shows his true agenda - rip us off royally while he lives the life of a king laughing his ass off at us.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »
I rarely buy the moral equivalency arguments.  They're usually pretty weak.  In other words, current mistakes cannot be justified by referencing past mistakes of others.  

Arguably, much of what the president does is "fluff."  He mans the bully pulpit.  He makes speeches to make us feel better.  He looks and acts like a leader.

It's very important that the leader of any organization, and the leader of the country, set the tone.  If my company was having serious financial trouble and we were firing people, I couldn't imagine announcing that I'm taking a vacation to go play golf, headed to the beach, ten days here, a week there.  

I'm not saying he shouldn't take time off, but I don't think it plays wells with people around the country who are struggling.    

I'm not arguing it isn't a mistake or shouldn't be done.  I'm only saying that criticizing something a president does, when all other presidents have done it, and the last one much more, doesn't make what OB is doing a significant mistake. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2010, 02:09:03 PM »

I see just as much of an issue with it when any other president wasted tax payer money. 

yeah its fucked up and its wrong.  I don't know how may times i should need to say that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2010, 02:18:56 PM »
I'm not arguing it isn't a mistake or shouldn't be done.  I'm only saying that criticizing something a president does, when all other presidents have done it, and the last one much more, doesn't make what OB is doing a significant mistake. 

Understood.  I don't know if I'd call it a "significant" mistake, but definitely an error in judgment. 

That said, when a "leader" is repeatedly making mistakes, even small mistakes become big mistakes. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2010, 07:21:49 PM »
Understood.  I don't know if I'd call it a "significant" mistake, but definitely an error in judgment. 

That said, when a "leader" is repeatedly making mistakes, even small mistakes become big mistakes. 

Yeah, he's certainly not what many people expected i think.  It's too bad to, he was in a great position to get some good things done but instead he's seem to waste these opportunities on crap.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2010, 07:34:39 PM »
Yeah, he's certainly not what many people expected i think.  It's too bad to, he was in a great position to get some good things done but instead he's seem to waste these opportunities on crap.

Good point.  However it should be noted... 19 months into an obama presidency...

the dow is up over 10,000.
the economy hasn't collapsed.
UE is still officially under 10%.
We haven't been attacked on our soil successfully (You can count the guy who blew up his underwear or the times square idiot who locked his keys in his car, but no critical 911 warnings have been ignored, no successful attacks leaving 7 WTC buildings and pentagon smoking).

So while obama sucks due to his lib agenda, and we've continued to mortgage our future financially...

The ship is still floating.  Shit hasn't collapsed.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2010, 07:47:05 PM »
1) The DOW has been over 10,000 for how many years? apparently it is not a good measure of the strength of the economy
2)Not yet
3)BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA you buy that line of bullshit, I would say UE is more like 17%
4)OK, but it is the intel community not the POTUS that has accomplished this

Yeah and the Titanic was still floating until it hit an iceberg
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2010, 07:58:33 PM »
my point is that many getbiggers predicted we'd be speaking arabic, living in tents, and giving BJs to our chinese masters, 19 months into an obama admin.

the fact things really aren't that different is a credit to obama - and evidence that presidents really don't do things that differently.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2010, 08:06:40 PM »
my point is that many getbiggers predicted we'd be speaking arabic, living in tents, and giving BJs to our chinese masters, 19 months into an obama admin.

the fact things really aren't that different is a credit to obama - and evidence that presidents really don't do things that differently.

::)  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »

::) ::) ::)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2010, 07:23:45 AM »
ok, ok, enough with vacations; he is taking one in the US.  Martha's Vineyard.  why go to the Gulf in August?  it's hot, humid, muggy. MV is a much better (USA) choice.  god bless his travel agent.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2010, 09:57:03 AM »
Good point.  However it should be noted... 19 months into an obama presidency...

the dow is up over 10,000.
the economy hasn't collapsed.
UE is still officially under 10%.
We haven't been attacked on our soil successfully (You can count the guy who blew up his underwear or the times square idiot who locked his keys in his car, but no critical 911 warnings have been ignored, no successful attacks leaving 7 WTC buildings and pentagon smoking).

So while obama sucks due to his lib agenda, and we've continued to mortgage our future financially...

The ship is still floating.  Shit hasn't collapsed.

And in the 19 months how much has he started to increase the size of our government and how much has he sold our souls for this health care scam?

I agree it hasn't collapsed, but i wasn't thinking it would anyway.