Author Topic: Michelle Obama - this is what you call a "First Lady" ?  (Read 67057 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Michelle Obama - "Modern Day Marie Antoinette"
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »
This pofs family goes to the Gulf for 24 hours for a photo op and then ten days in Marthas Vineyard. 

Anyone who really gave a rats about anything would have sent 9 days in the gulf and one hob nobbing with the gazillionaires. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »
Dems may use food stamp money to pay for Michelle Obama's nutrition initiative
By Russell Berman - 08/14/10 06:00 AM ET

________________________ ________________________ ___________

Democrats who reluctantly slashed a food stamp program to fund a state aid bill may have to do so again to pay for a top priority of first lady Michelle Obama.

The House will soon consider an $8 billion child nutrition bill that’s at the center of the first lady’s “Let’s Move” initiative. Before leaving for the summer recess, the Senate passed a smaller version of the legislation that is paid for by trimming the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps.

The proposed cuts would come on top of a 13.6 percent food stamp reduction in the $26 billion Medicaid and education state funding bill that President Obama signed this week.

Food stamps have made multiple appearances on the fiscal chopping block because Democrats have few other places to turn to offset the cost of legislation.

Party leaders raided the budget to find off-setting tax increases and spending cuts to pay for their top legislative priorities, including the roughly $900 billion healthcare law. Congressional pay-as-you-go rules require lawmakers to offset all non-emergency spending.

Democrats have turned to the food stamp program because funding increases enacted in the stimulus package last year were already scheduled to phase out over time. The changes proposed in the state aid and nutrition bills would simply cut off that increase early, in March 2014. Because the cuts would not take effect for more than three years, Democratic leaders have voiced the hope that they will be able to stop them in future legislation.

But House liberals are balking now, saying that while they swallowed the food stamp cuts to pay for urgent funding for Medicaid and teachers, they will not vote for more cuts in the child nutrition bill. In a letter sent this week to Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), 106 House Democrats urged the speaker to take the House version of the child nutrition bill, which does not slash food stamps, rather than the Senate version.

“This is one of the more egregious cases of robbing Peter to pay Paul, and is a vote we do not take lightly,” the lawmakers, led by Reps. Jim McGovern (D-Mass.) and Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) said of their vote on the state aid bill.

The House version of the child nutrition bill, authored by Rep. George Miller (D-Calif.), passed the Education and Labor Committee earlier this year, but lawmakers must find a way to pay for it before it comes to the floor for a vote. “Chairman Miller is working to find other ways to pay for this bill,” a spokeswoman said when asked if cuts to the food stamp program would be used.

A House leadership aide noted that the food stamp decrease approved in the state aid bill will not take effect right away and will leave the program at the same funding level it was at before the stimulus law was signed. “That doesn’t mean many Democrats are not concerned about the issue, but this is a process which gives us time to deal with immediate issues (like jobs) and helping the economy grow, while giving you time to deal with the food stamp issue,” the aide said.

The nutrition bill is clearly a priority for Michelle Obama, who has made a push for healthy eating one of her signature policy issues at White House. When the House version of the nutrition bill won committee approval in July, it marked the first time she weighed in publicly on pending legislation.

The Obama administration has not directly addressed the debate over the food stamp cuts, but it is backing the Senate bill. “We strongly supported the Senate action and look forward to working with the House to get a final bill onto the president’s desk,” an administration official told The Hill.

The $4.5 billion Senate bill would expand eligibility for school meal programs, establish nutrition standards for all food sold in schools and provide a 6-cent increase for each school lunch to help cafeterias serve healthier meals. The $8 billion House version includes more money for expanding access to school lunches for children in low-income households.

The deeper food stamp reductions in the Senate version would set an earlier date — in November 2013 — for eliminating the increased benefits passed last year.  A family of four would see their benefit reduced by $59 a month, or about 9 percent. The bill would also cut funding for nutrition education programs aimed at low-income neighborhoods and households.

“It’s very sad. I think it’s just illustrating what dire straits our federal government budget is in,” said Sheila Zedlewski, director of the Urban Institute’s Income and Benefits Center. “It’s unprecedented to raid one safety net program to feed another.”

This story was updated at 1:40 p.m.

Source:
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/114271-dems-consider-more-food-stamp-cuts-to-fund-child-nutrition-bill

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2010, 08:22:22 PM »
Strange, now its the governments job to make sure kids have the right kind of food. I must be doing it all wrong, I decide what my kid eats.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2010, 05:46:20 AM »
What a waste of energy, resources, etc.  These grifters are stealing everything they can. 

________________________ ______________________

August 15, 2010, 2:55 pm The Obamas Don’t Linger on Gulf Coast
By SHERYL STOLBERG

Doug Mills/The New York Times

The Obamas looked at a porpoise as they took a boat ride in Panama City Beach, Fla., on Sunday. More Photos »PANAMA CITY, Fla. – They came, they swam, they played miniature golf. They left an hour early.

The Obama family – President Obama, his wife Michelle and younger daughter Sasha – wrapped up their Gulf Coast vacation a tad ahead of schedule Sunday afternoon, leaving this Florida coastal city in a spitting rain.

The Obamas had come in part to promote tourism, which is down in the wake of the devastating BP oil spill. While their brief stay was a bit overshadowed by comments the president made about the mosque controversy in New York City, the family did sample some of what the Gulf Coast has to offer.

After swimming (the White House was exceedingly careful not to allow the president to be photographed shirtless) on Saturday, the family headed to a miniature golf course, where both Sasha and her father shot a hole-in-one. The family spent Sunday morning taking a tour of St. Andrews Bay aboard a converted 50-foot Navy launch called the “Bay Point Lady.’’ To their delight, a porpoise breached the surface of the water moments after they made their way to the bow.

But with the weather growing uncooperative – it began pouring here an hour after the Obamas departed — the first family left the Marriott resort where they had been staying at noon. They made a brief stop for ice cream (Mr. Obama ordered a cup of mint chocolate chip), as waitresses from a nearby Hooters Restaurant scampered out in their orange shorts for a glimpse. The Secret Service kept them at bay.

By 12:40 p.m., the Obamas were back in the air, on the way to Washington. Total time on the ground: 26 hours.

(View a slide show of the Obamas’ trip to the Gulf Coast.)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2010, 06:56:00 AM »
Ha ha.  notice that some of these are months old, yet the lazy communist in the WH is still partying? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2010, 07:18:14 AM »
WRATH OF A NATION: MICHELLE OBAMA'S BIG SPENDING SPREE
Photo by: splash news online The shocking truth behind MICHELLE OBAMA's $500,000 a day European "vacation".

Source: National Enquirer

________________________ ________________

Furious that her husband Barack Obama invited Oprah Winfrey to his Chicago birthday bash, first lady Michelle blew nearly half a million bucks on a shopping spree in Spain!

Now the first couple are facing a huge backlash because her extravagant overseas vacation will cost U.S. taxpayers an estimated $75,000 a day!

"With the American economy in shambles, Michelle took off on a lavish holiday all because she was angry that Barack had invited Oprah to his private 49th birthday party," a top Washington, D.C., insider told The ENQUIRER.

"Michelle decided to punish Barack, so she bought expensive clothing and designer dresses plus jewelry while staying in a luxury resort - not realizing how the public would react back home. Her selfish spending spree really backfired!"

Michelle, several friends and her 9-year-old daughter Sasha stayed in Marbella at the Hotel Villa Padierna, a ritzy resort with two golf courses, a spa and views of the surrounding mountains, where its royal villa costs $6,500 a night. While the first family picked up their personal expenses, taxpayers will foot the bill for the first lady's transportation - at least $146,000 for a U.S. Air Force 757 - and security detail, which included three shifts of uniformed and plain-clothes Secret Service agents.

Michelle and her entourage spent five days in Spain - at an estimated cost to taxpayers of $375,000.

And the first family was treated like royalty as the first lady also dressed the part - wearing a flashy one-shouldered top by designer Jean Paul Gaultier during a shopping jaunt.

"Michelle also bought an expensive necklace and bracelet in Marbella," said the insider. "While she wanted to make a side trip to the millionaire's playground of Ibiza, she had a personal shopper bring designer gowns and clothing, swimsuits and other trinkets to her instead."

Meanwhile, the American press roasted Michelle for her luxe getaway, with one newspaper columnist calling her "a modern-day Marie Antoinette" for vacationing while the economy lost 131,000 jobs.

Michelle responded by saying that she made the trip to spend time with a good friend who recently lost her father.

But those close to the first couple say the real reason for the vacation was her anger when she heard that Barack had invited Oprah to his birthday celebration.

With his wife in Spain, President Obama celebrated his birthday with Oprah and other friends on Aug. 4 in Chicago.

According to an insider, Michelle feels Oprah has tried to co-opt her position as the president's top adviser, and she's managed to shut out the talk-show queen from most White House events.

"Michelle is furious that Barack went behind her back and invited Oprah," said the insider. "But he's well aware that Oprah helped his campaign immensely by endorsing him for president, and he knows that he's going to need her again.

"He hates having Michelle mad at him, but he needs Oprah --  on his side."

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2010, 05:24:19 AM »
national enquirer as source  ...well, ok.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2010, 05:55:38 AM »
national enquirer as source  ...well, ok.

After the journoList mess was exposed, I consder them more credible. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2010, 12:41:59 PM »
Michelle Obama hosts first White House dance event
EmailPrint.. AP – FILE-

This Jan. 17, 2009 file photo shows choreographer Judith Jamison as she attends the BET Honors … .

By JOCELYN NOVECK, AP National Writer Jocelyn Noveck, Ap National Writer – 1 hr 34 mins ago.

________________________ ________________________ _________

WASHINGTON – The stately White House East Room, home to many a bill signing and ceremonial gathering, becomes a stage Tuesday for pirouettes, jetes, gravity-defying leaps and maybe even some bumps and grinds as Michelle Obama inaugurates a new dance series.

Dancers of all types — ballet, modern, hip hop and Broadway — take over the room, first for an afternoon workshop, during which students from around the country will have the chance to work with some of the biggest names in dance.

Then, after a short break, the students return to see their mentors perform in an hour-long, star-studded show. Even Broadway's young "Billy Elliot" will be there — four Billys actually, from the show's rotating cast.

But the main attraction is the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, and that's because its celebrated artistic director, Judith Jamison, soon to retire after two decades in the job, is the honoree of the event.

"What a rare opportunity, to be invited by your country's first lady to be honored like this," Jamison said in a weekend interview. "I've been to the White House a couple of times before, but this event is totally unique. It's so terribly important to recognize this art form and to understand how important it is to the fabric of this country."

"This will be another clarion call to people: Pay attention to your arts!" Jamison said. "My dancers are so excited."

The 67-year-old Jamison is an icon of the dance world. She joined the Ailey company in 1965 and became the choreographer's muse, her dramatic power as a dancer epitomized in the unforgettable 1971 solo piece "Cry." In 1989, after Ailey's death, she took over as artistic director. She is scheduled to step down in 2011.

Tuesday's program is directed by Damian Woetzel, the recently retired star of the New York City Ballet who is on the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities. He had a dizzying array of choices from which to cull an hour of the country's best dance. And he said it wasn't exactly hard to find dancers, no matter that the event comes just after a summer vacation weekend.

"Everyone was so excited to be a part of this," Woetzel said in an interview. "It's really an exciting opportunity to present the variety of dance in this country. And the student component makes it especially unique. It's a great way to start the school year."

Though the Obamas have spotlighted many varieties of music since they came to the White House — there have been events celebrating Latin music, rock, jazz, country, classical and Broadway show tunes — the dance world might have felt ignored, until now.

But Michelle Obama seems to be a dance fan. Jamison noted proudly that the Obamas and their daughters spent one of their first nights out as first family taking in an Ailey performance at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

"They came backstage, took pictures — the dancers were thrilled," she said.

Also on the program Tuesday: the Paul Taylor Dance Company, Broadway's "Billy Elliot the Musical," The Washington Ballet, Super Cr3w and the New York City Ballet.

The students are from dance schools around the country: The Alvin Ailey School, Ballet Hispanico, Cab Calloway School of the Arts, Dance Theatre of Harlem, the Chicago Multicultural Dance Center and others.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2010, 01:47:08 PM »
A Thank You From Michelle Obama (She ate more than cake)
The Patriot Post ^ | 9.7.10

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __

A Thank You From Michelle Obama

Michelle Antoinette Obama

For only the second time in my adult life, I am not ashamed of my country.

I want to thank the hard working American people for paying $242,000 (plus a few hundred thou in additional expenses) for my vacation in Spain. My daughter Sasha, several long-time family friends, my personal staff and various guests had a wonderful time. Honestly, you just haven't lived until you have stayed in a $2,500.00 per night suite at a 5-Star luxury hotel. We only booked 70 rooms for our friends, staff and family. Thank you also for the use of Air Force 2 and the 70 Secret Service personnel who tagged along to be sure we were safe and cared for at all times — with our 13-vehicle convoy.

Air Force 2 only used 47,500 gallons of jet fuel for this trip and carbon emissions were a mere 1,031 tons of CO2. It costs only $11,500 per hour to operate Air Force 2 and each additional plane for the other members of our party group. These are only rough estimates, but they are close (who's counting?). That's quite a carbon footprint as my good friend Al Gore would say, so we must ask the American citizens to drive smaller, more fuel efficient cars and drive less too, so we can lessen our combined carbon footprint.

I know times are hard and millions of you are struggling to put food on the table and trying to make ends meet. I do appreciate your sacrifice and do hope you find work soon. I was really exhausted after Barack took our family on a luxury vacation in Maine a few weeks ago. I just had to get away for a few days. Will write more from Martha's Vineyard where we will spend our sixth vacation this year with more of our family and friends.

With Gratitude, Michelle Obama

________________________ _______________

This nasty fat biatch needs to get booted along with her husband.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2010, 04:52:27 PM »
A Thank You From Michelle Obama (She ate more than cake)
The Patriot Post ^ | 9.7.10

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __

A Thank You From Michelle Obama

Michelle Antoinette Obama

For only the second time in my adult life, I am not ashamed of my country.

I want to thank the hard working American people for paying $242,000 (plus a few hundred thou in additional expenses) for my vacation in Spain. My daughter Sasha, several long-time family friends, my personal staff and various guests had a wonderful time. Honestly, you just haven't lived until you have stayed in a $2,500.00 per night suite at a 5-Star luxury hotel. We only booked 70 rooms for our friends, staff and family. Thank you also for the use of Air Force 2 and the 70 Secret Service personnel who tagged along to be sure we were safe and cared for at all times — with our 13-vehicle convoy.

Air Force 2 only used 47,500 gallons of jet fuel for this trip and carbon emissions were a mere 1,031 tons of CO2. It costs only $11,500 per hour to operate Air Force 2 and each additional plane for the other members of our party group. These are only rough estimates, but they are close (who's counting?). That's quite a carbon footprint as my good friend Al Gore would say, so we must ask the American citizens to drive smaller, more fuel efficient cars and drive less too, so we can lessen our combined carbon footprint.

I know times are hard and millions of you are struggling to put food on the table and trying to make ends meet. I do appreciate your sacrifice and do hope you find work soon. I was really exhausted after Barack took our family on a luxury vacation in Maine a few weeks ago. I just had to get away for a few days. Will write more from Martha's Vineyard where we will spend our sixth vacation this year with more of our family and friends.

With Gratitude, Michelle Obama

________________________ _______________

This nasty fat biatch needs to get booted along with her husband.

I can't believe this.  A story like this shouldn't be flying under the radar. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2010, 02:23:50 PM »

National Enquirer: OUT-OF-CONTROL MICHELLE OBAMA's SPENDING SPREE
National Enquirer ^ | September 14, 2010

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ______

After blowing nearly a half-million dollars on a Spanish shopping spree, MICHELLE OBAMA has plans to spend a whopping $2 million in the coming year – while the nation struggles with its worst recession ever.

Nearly 15 million people are un­employed, but that hasn’t stopped the first lady from “spending like Marie Antoinette” and appearing to live it up “like a lottery winner,” fume outraged critics.

Worried White House advisers have told the president he quickly needs to get his wife “under control” because her reckless spending – on trips, shopping and redecorating – is sending an intensely negative mes­sage to Americans in a bad economy and could under­mine his re-election plans.

“The president’s advisers hit the roof recently when they found out Michelle was arranging other ex­otic trips in the new year with girlfriends – on top of sprucing up their White House living quarters and her plans to do some redecorating at their home back in Chicago,” dis­closed a top Washington source.

“They’ve estimated that all the spending will top more than $2 million!”

While the first family was in Martha’s Vineyard on an end-of-summer vacation, Michelle’s hush-hush makeover of her husband’s Oval Office was com­pleted. The White House had to quickly point out it was done without cost to taxpayers by the nonprofit White House Historical Association.

But critics insist it sent the wrong message to a belt-tight­ening public, and a New York Times columnist pointed out that in 2009 when Obama re­leased his first budget, he said: “There are times when you can afford to redecorate your house, and there are times when you need to focus on rebuilding its foundation.”

Confided a D.C. insider: “Michelle was behind the redesign of her husband’s office, but the last thing he needs is an electorate thinking she’s living it up like a lottery winner.

“They’ll flip if she takes more exotic vaca­tions – and they won’t care if renovations to the White House liv­ing quarters and their house back in Chicago are done by benefac­tors. It still sends the wrong message.”

As The ENQUIRER first re­ported, Michelle and her entourage re­cently spent five days in Spain, ringing up some $500,000 in expenses – much of it on the taxpayers’ tab, say sources.

On top of that, the stylish first lady “loves top-dollar designer duds and hosting fancy dinner parties,” said a Beltway insider. “The bad economy seems to have no effect on her.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2010, 08:18:07 PM »
Catty Carla Bruni lifts lid on Michelle Obama's 'hellish' job ( Michelle hates her job!)
dailymail.co.uk ^ | Wednesday September 16, 2010 | Peter Allen and Michael Seamark

Michelle Obama thinks being America’s First Lady is ‘hell’, Carla Bruni reveals today in a wildly indiscreet new book.

Miss Bruni reveals that Mrs Obama replied when asked about her position as the U.S. president’s wife: ‘Don’t ask! It’s hell. I can’t stand it!’

Details of the private conversation, which took place at the White House during an official visit by Nicolas Sarkozy last March, emerged in Carla And The Ambitious, a book written in collaboration with Miss Bruni.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2010, 12:42:49 PM »
President Obama: MIchelle Obama's 'moral voice' guides me (ROTFLMAO!!)
Politico ^ | September 24, 1010 | MAGGIE HABERMAN & CAROL E. LEE

Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 3:35:52 PM by libstripper

President Barack Obama gushed with pride here Thursday as he introduced first lady Michelle Obama for her speech at the Clinton Global Initiative, telling the crowd that she’s the “moral center” that guides him through the noise of Washington and reminds him why he's there.

The glowing review of his wife - "my first lady," as he referred to her - came as the president gave the preamble to what her aides called a major policy address, at the annual gathering for former President Bill Clinton's charitable endeavor, where titans of business, entertainment and politics gather to work on global causes.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _______

NOW WE KNOW WHY HE IS DESTROYING THE NATION EVERY CHANCE HE CAN. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2010, 08:08:40 PM »

SEARCH:   
 HOME CELEB NEWS
CELEBRITY NEWSGOT A TIP?CRIMEPOLLSSWEEPSVIDEOPHO TOS MIKE WALKER   

Digg It  De.licio.us

MICHELLE: I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

Photo by: Zuma "I've had ENOUGH!" After two years in the White House fishbowl, fed up first lady Michelle Obama sobbed those emotional words to her husband during a tense confrontation.

In a blockbuster ENQUIRER exclusive, well-placed Washington, D.C., insiders have revealed behind-the-scenes details of President Barack Obama's heated face-to- face with his 46-year-old wife - a spat that erupted over headline-making comments attributed to her in a revealing new book.

According to the book, Michelle told France's first lady Carla Bruni Sarkozy, 41, that she absolutely detests her role as America's first lady, blasting it as "hell," and admitting: "I can't stand it!"

During the Obama's quarrel, "Michelle collapsed in tears and even threatened to divorce Barack if he seeks a second term as president," a source in the nation's capital told The ENQUIRER.

"At one point, Michelle was heard yelling, 'I hate you for dragging me through all this…I've had enough!'"

Another D.C. insider confirmed details of the fight, telling The ENQUIRER that the screaming match occurred after the first family returned to Washington following their vacation in Martha's Vineyard with daughters Malia and Sasha.

The next day Barack was NOT wearing his wedding ring and despite official denials, there's "trouble ahead", insiders told The Enquirer.

For the full story with all the details that will rock the nation pick up the ENQUIRER - now on sale!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2010, 09:00:43 AM »
Ha ha ha - Barack is going to have to jerk off for a weeks cause of this smack down of MObacca. 

________________________ ________________________ ______

Child nutrition bill stalls in House
Sep 30, 12:12 AM (ET)
By MARY CLARE JALONICK

WASHINGTON (AP) - First lady Michelle Obama's campaign for healthier school lunches has stalled in Congress after anti-hunger groups and more than 100 Democrats protested the use of food stamp dollars to pay for it.

Passage of the child nutrition bill, which would improve lunches in schools and expand feeding programs for low-income students, has been a priority for Democrats and hunger groups for years. But the groups and many members of the House switched sides when leaders proposed a vote on a Senate-passed version of the legislation that uses future funding for food stamp programs to pay for part of the $4.5 billion cost.

One hundred and six Democrats wrote House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., in August calling the move egregious, saying it was not a vote they would take lightly. Labor unions, anti-poverty groups and even New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg also urged the speaker to reconsider using the food stamp money.

"It's just plain wrong," said Rep. Jim McGovern, D-Mass., a longtime advocate for childhood nutrition programs. "The way you are going to pay for a child nutrition bill is by dipping into people's food stamps? Give me a break."

The first lady has lobbied aggressively for the legislation as part of her "Let's Move" campaign to combat childhood obesity. A spokeswoman for Mrs. Obama said Wednesday that she had "made extensive outreach" to Pelosi and other members of House leadership over the past several weeks.

To no avail. Democrats declined to take up the bill before the November elections, citing many of their members' concerns about the food stamp dollars. Many Republicans opposed the bill as well, saying it was too expensive.

Supporters had hoped to pass the bill before Thursday, when many of the child nutrition programs in the bill are scheduled to expire. An extension of those programs was included in a stopgap bill that will keep the government operating for the next two months, and supporters will try again to pass the nutrition bill when Congress returns to Washington after the elections.

If passed, the new nutrition standards would not remove popular foods like hamburgers from schools completely, but would make them healthier, using leaner meat or whole wheat buns, for example. Vending machines could be stocked with less candy and fewer high-calorie drinks.

Creation of new standards, which public health advocates have sought for a decade, has unprecedented support from many of the nation's largest food and beverage companies. The two sides came together on the issue as public pressure to remove junk foods from schools increased.

Congressional passage of the bill would be only the first step. Decisions on what kinds of foods could be sold - and what ingredients may be limited - would be left up to the Agriculture Department.

Supporters said they were hopeful the bill could be passed after the elections. McGovern said he was working with the White House to find a new way to pay for it.

Jim Weill, president of the Food Research and Action Center, said he doesn't buy the argument that the House should use the food stamp money for child nutrition because it will just be used for something else. Lawmakers have been eyeing the dollars for other priorities if it isn't used for the bill.

"If people fight back, it's not inevitable," Weill said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2010, 01:44:17 PM »
Seen and heard in D.C.
By: Amie Parnes
www.politico.com
October 14, 2010 01:24 PM EST Updated: October 14, 2010 04:26 PM EST

________________________ ________________________ ______________________

President Obama often uses a "Don't tell Michelle" line when he travels on the road and eats fast food.

But the first lady — known for her healthful eating initiatives — had her own fast-food moment while on the road in Milwaukee on Wednesday. Michelle Obama stopped at Miss Katie's Diner and had a cheeseburger and fries, according to TMJ4, a local NBC affiliate.

She dined with her cousin and her cousin's daughter and posed for pictures with the restaurant's staff and customers.

(Related: Michelle Obama's best White House moments)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2010, 12:32:54 PM »
2 more years left of this crap.

________________________ ________________________ ___________

White House Insider: Hillary, 2012, and Michelle Obama’s Racism..
Published by Ulsterman on December 3, 2010 in US Politics
Tags: democrats, news, Obama, Politics, republicans

Our third installment to the latest D.C. Insider interview discusses whether or not Hillary will actually run in 2012, who Insider fears most from the prospective list of Republican candidates for president in 2012, and a shocking story of Michelle Obama’s seeming racism.

Continued from part II:

…I will share that story, huh?  I don’t know what has gotten into you – why you are so much more aggressive here.  Don’t know if I should laugh at you or be pissed at you.  At least you’re keeping me interested.  Got that going for you anyways.

How about we talk Hillary.  You still think she is gonna make a run in 2012?  She’s repeatedly said that is not a consideration for her.  Of course that is what she is saying. That’s what any politician says.  Nobody is supposed to look like they want to run for president until they are actually runnin’ for president.  Yes, the Clintons are very much sizing up a run.  The situation is always changing under their feet – the polls, the midterms, all of that makes things difficult to figure, to-to, to try and determine how one could go about it.  I’ll say this for certain – absolutely certain here…yes, the Clintons want in.  They want the White House back.  The other thing I know is that the Obama people have known this for some time.  They offered her the VP spot – Clinton let them hang out there a bit then turned them down.  Since then the White House has shifted into a more attack mode.  They are gonna take her on.  Gonna cut her off at the knees if they can.  Not sure how, but that is the tone coming from the Obama people now.  We gotta eliminate the Hillary threat.  That’s part of why Rahm left, why he left the White House.

Read more in US Politics
« Calls to Sack The Duke of YorkThe Ulsterman Report: Obama’s Own Debt Commission States Obamacare Savings a Myth »Emanuel?  He left because of Hillary?  No, not because of Hillary…because of what the White House was engaged in.  The word I got back was Rahm wanted no part of it.  Loyalty maybe?  Well, this was just another example of Rahm going opposite the current there at the White House.  Him and Michelle were not getting along, and Jarret was pushing him gone.  He coulda fought back – he’s as tough as they come.  In the end he just said, basically said – I’m outta here.  Course, lots of them have been saying that at the White House for months now, right?

So how could the Obama White House eliminate the threat of Hillary Clinton running in 2012?  Don’t know.  They are up to something, but whatever that is, they have managed to keep a lid on it, and that’s tough to do.  That tells me its gonna come down quick.  To catch a Clinton unprepared is no easy thing.  And frankly, I’m not so sure that -expletive- White House is up to the task. They might just find themselves on the receiving end of a classic Clinton ass kickin’.  God willing!  Whatever the White House is up to, it’s gonna come soon against Hillary.  We are at the end of November here, right?  I’d say by early spring, we’ll know what it is – we’ll see something hurt Hillary’s ability to run in 2012.  And then we should see, what I know about the Clintons…we should see Hillary give as good as she got. 

And what about the Republican side?  If Obama gets the nomination -

(interrupts) No guarantee on that – he’s gonna have a fight. Somebody in the party is gonna challenge him.

Right – right, but assuming Obama gets the Democratic Party nomination, who would he fear most from the Republican side?  Will they pull another McCain the Campaign tactic?  Are they going to try and pick the Republican’s nominee for them?  Is that a rhetorical question there?  Of course they are gonna do that!  That’s what I just said!  They are already trying to line it up.

So who does the Obama people fear most?  Obama.

What?  That’s the most honest answer at this point – they fear Obama the most.  Can the guy keep it together long enough to run in 2012?  It’s not looking so good right now, is it?  The guy is losing it.  I’m certain of it.  The guy is barely holding onto his, – to everything around him right now.

Let’s keep it on the Republican side of things though.  Who does Obama fear most as a candidate?  I would wager it would be the candidate they are not even aware of yet.  Some under the radar individual who will rise up quick and powerful, and make it hard to prepare ahead of time.  Like Obama did in 2007.  The Republicans were not prepared for Obama. Everything was gunnin’ to take down the Hillary campaign.

Sarah Palin?  Could Palin defeat Obama?  Anything is possible. Anything – the way things are going with the economy, if the economy doesn’t improve – you could take on Obama.  Even if you weren’t born here, right?  That’s not a requirement for the job anymore. (laughs)

So Palin - realistically, could she win?  Look, if I was runnin’ the show at the RNC – mercy, I would not want a Palin campaign.  If I was Obama, I would welcome it.  You’d have a little better than fair chance of winning re-election without much of a sweat.  Palin would re-ignite the minority vote – the people who stayed home during the midterms.  The young vote, the young voters, they would be out in full for Obama again.  If Palin wins the nomination, and if – big IF, Obama gets the nomination, Obama is re-elected.

Romney?  Now that is one that is harder to peg.  First, could Romney even get the nomination?  Will the extremists in your party allow it?  Can they get by the Mormon thing?  Normally I would tell you no -expletive- way.  Is the South gonna vote for a Mormon?  Hell no. Hell no!  BUT, we might be seeing a shift here based on total mistrust of Obama.  Those same voters, if they are given a plate of Romney or a plate of Obama are gonna go with Romney.  And then Romney – he don’t scare the people, some of the people, so much as Palin does.  He might pull of the Independents. If he can do that, Obama’s in trouble. 

Who would you rather see as the next president – Mitt Romney or Barack Obama?  Hillary Clinton.

That’s not a choice.  There’s always a choice, and that would be mine.

Mitt Romney or Barack Obama?  Those are the choices.  Who would you choose.  As a lifelong Democrat, who would you choose between those two?  I may not vote.  For the first time in…a hellevu long time, I might just not vote.  Or maybe I write in Hillary Clinton.  No – I write in Bill Clinton.  (laughs)

Pick one or the other.  Romney – or Obama?  …Romney.

Really?  You’ve grown that dissatisfied with Obama?  You’d pick a Republican over Obama?  Romney wouldn’t…I disagree with a lot of his positions, actually – maybe not as much as you might think, but Romney – he won’t destroy the country.  Obama…I’m not so sure.  Can we handle another four years of Obama?  After what we seen with the first two?  The -expletive- mess of these first two?  I don’t think so.  I won’t be a part of that. Not this time.

Now to that story – Michelle Obama.  I want you to share that story – say it just like you did before.  Can you tell me why you think it’s important to any of this?  I don’t think people – I don’t think too many people would be surprised by it.  Surprised by who Michelle Obama really is…

I don’t agree with that.  I think it gives some important insight into how this White House thinks.  You said before the First Lady’s influence is significant in the administration, right?  Sure – something like that.  Sure…

If you had a story like this about a top adviser to the president, it would be important.  If this is how they think – how they see the world, it would influence the advice being given to the president, right?  I see the point, I just…it’s a stretch, ok?  A big -expletive- stretch, and I don’t…that story was not to be a part of this.

I understand – but it’s important. It goes to the character of these people.  To this White House.  You realize it puts me in the room right?  Puts me right there in the -expletive- room!

I appreciate that, I understand your concern.  Oh do you? Yeah, that concern is just rolling off of you! (pause) Tell you what.  How about you tell me about the police department thing?  Make it part of this.  How about we put you “in the room” too, huh?  You willing to do that?  You wanna go there – I’ll go here.  Sound fair?

The police – the news story?  In the room?  Yeah – in the room.  You wanna put me there, you can join me.  Seems the fair thing to do, huh?  Let me ask you about it, you answer it, and put it in this article. (pause) Not so comfortable doin’ that now are you?

Fine.  Ask the question.  I’ll answer it.  What?

Ask the question. I answer.  It goes in this article.  You tell the Michelle Obama story.  Done.

Really?

Really – ask the question.  You might want to think that over a bit…

(Interrupts) You made the deal.  I took it.  Don’t break the deal.  Ask the question.  Let’s go.  Wow…ok. Ok.  So, did – did that cop, did he really pull the gun on you?  …You really gonna put this in the piece? 

Finish the question.  I’ll answer – then it’s your turn.  So…did the he pull that gun on you?  The cop – did that really happen? 

He was the chief of police.  No, not quite like that.  He said he wanted to – he threatened to.

And you took the whole department down, didn’t you?  The whole thing – you replaced them all.  And he went – the cop, the chief, he went to jail over that?

Yes – not jail.  The department was gutted.  Every last one of them but two.  And the chief, no jail.  He was found guilty.  Fines, restitution…very serious.  He was stripped of everything.  14 years of corruption. One year of justice.  It was a long time coming.

You really gonna leave this in here?  You gonna…this is going to stay?  You really wanna do that?  Just to print the First Lady story?

That’s the deal – now it’s your turn.  How’d you put it? …Time to put yourself in the room. Right there with me, now.  Just like you told it before… Ok, if that’s what you want.  I don’t think it’s has much to do with anything, but if that’s how you want it. 

It’s August, I’m on the ground in Virginia.  Michelle Obama has done a campaign stop there.  It’s after the speech.  Good crowd – good turnout.  I’m working my ass off. We need Virginia, right?  It’s crucial to get Virginia.  The internals are looking good – but we got a couple months left of hard-hard work.  It’s after – what you might call the meet and greet.  Lots of money in the room.  Big players.  The First Lady – she’s not yet, but call her, I’ll just go ahead and call her that ok?  The First Lady is in the reception room with another younger woman, tall, she’s Black.  Seen her from time to time before.  The guy – the First Lady is also talking with a Black man, about her age. Don’t know him. Now normally in these events, these kinds of things, you want the campaign going out and shaking hands, posing for photos, all of that sh-t that nobody really wants to do but it’s politics.  Gotta be done.  On this day, the First Lady IS the campaign.  She’s the show.  A sh-tload of money was raised that day.  I still can’t believe the amount of money that poured into that campaign…

So I’m coming into the room, I got some longtime party supporters with me. These people go waaay back. They wanna meet the First Lady.  Mrs. Obama.  Now this guy has been with us for years.  He has raised all kinds of money – was great for us during the Clinton campaigns.  Solid guy.  Real salt of the earth, you know?  Good people.  Real good people.  He was pushing 80 at the time – since passed away.  Anyway, I am bringing them into the room to meet the First Lady.  I figure someone who bought four tickets to a $20k a plate fundraiser deserves a little handshake and thank you from the campaign, right? So it’s the old man, his wife, a daugther-in-law, and a grandson, and I’m bringing them into the room to meet Mrs. Obama.  Now I gotta tell you, these are good people, but they don’t fit in with the political cocktail crowds, right?  That’s just not who they are – and they don’t pretend to be.  So they look a bit out of place in this environment.  The old man was…on the heavy side, has a bad hip from shrapnel during his military days.  The other three, God bless ‘em, don’t look all that much better.  They have as much money as anyone in the room most likely - you would just never know lookin’ at ‘em.

So I get up to the First Lady.  She ignores me.  I clear my throat a bit.  No response.  Finally I say “Mrs. Obama?”  And she finally turns toward me, but kinda looks right through me.  I’m not really there. Then she lifts up her eyes – her eyebrows like she does, and says – makes a kinda “hmmm” sound.  I’m nervous.  I’ve played cards with a president and this lady is making me nervous.  So I introduce her to the old man and his family.  Now the old guy, he’s sweating like a fat Elvis, right?  I mean it’s pretty bad.  But he’s all smiles – they all are.  They are all very excited to be meeting the First Lady.  The old man, he holds out his hand to shake Mrs. Obama’s hand.  His hand is just sitting out there – he’s holding it out there.  The First Lady gives this tight smile, not a real smile, but like she just caught a whiff of something that smells real bad – that’s how she looked.  And she takes her hands, both her hands, and puts them behind her.  Almost jerked them back.  It was -expletive- horrible. ‘Bout the rudest -expletive- thing I seen.  The First Lady, she gives a real brief, real quiet, “Nice to meet you – thank you. Thank you for the support. Thank you.”  And that’s it. She turns back around - and I hear the guy, the Black guy she was speaking with, snort.  He gives out this snort, like he just saw something real funny.  I look down and the old man…he still got his hand sticking out, and he’s looking a bit confused.  Like he’s not really comprehending what has just happened.  His wife though, she’s all out pissed.  I can see it building in her, and I’m thinking “Oh sh-t”, I gotta get these people out of here or I’m gonna have a situation and it’s gonna come back to bite me – hard.  I’m smiling and gently walking them back out of the room, and I can feel Mrs. Obama and her friends, or whoever those people were, I can feel them watching us walking out.  I get ‘em out to the hall and tell ‘em I’ll be right back. I’m going back in the room to explain to the First Lady who these people are – how much influence they really have in certain parts of Virginia.  So I’m heading back in, right?  Michelle Obama is still standing in her spot, with those other three people, but I can tell they are laughing at something.  She’s got her hand up to her mouth like she’s trying not to laugh too loud.  I get close enough to be able to hear what they are saying – what Mrs. Obama is saying…

And what did you hear? Go ahead – tell what you heard…

Yeah-yeah…ok, gotcha.  But I wanna clarify one thing here – I wouldn’t call it racism.  What I heard her say, not so much racism.  I’d call it…hell, I don’t know…classism.  Is that a word?  Not so much racism but classism.

That’s fine – just tell what you heard…

Well I’m just a few feet away. I can hear them still laughing, trying not to laugh, anyways.  Now I’m to the First Lady’s…I’m farther on her left side. Well she looks over her right shoulder, back the way we had left the room- me and the old man and his family, she’s lookin’ back that way with her hand over her mouth.  She can’t quite see me…and she says, what…she says, “Oh my God, I don’t think redneck is contagious but I wasn’t about to find out!”  And then they start up laughing again.  Now I’m standing there in a bit of shock.  Not sure what to do, if anything.  Now I’m pissed, right?  But do I confront the wife of the candidate?  That’s not…that’s a scary prospect to be considerin’.

So what did you do?  Nothin’.  I walk out.  I just -expletive- walk out.

It bothered you.  It still bothers you…  Hell yes it bothers me!  That man, God rest his soul – that man was a war veteran.  That man was an important area businessman who had been very-very good to the party for many years.  His business employs…hell – a hundred, two hundred, three hundred people?  People have sent kids through college for years on his dime, right?  Like I said, he’s – he was, good people.  He didn’t – his family didn’t, they didn’t deserve that kind of treatment.  Nobody does.  And this is the woman who has the ear of the President of the United States?  This is the woman who is telling the country, what…to eat its -expletive- vegetables while she probably mocks the ones who are growing those vegetables, who are delivering those vegetable, who are selling those vegetables? …She’s a classless high class bi-ch.  That’s who this country’s First Lady really is.  And the administration, the Obama White House, the Democratic Party, MY party, it’s now controlled by people just like her.

But you stayed on – even after you saw that, you stayed on with the campaign?

Yeah…I did. 

God help me, I did…

_____

ULSTERMAN INVITES YOU TO JOIN THE ULSTERMAN ARMY ON FACEBOOK!!! THE FASTEST GROWING CONSERVATIVE FORUM ON THE INTERNETS!!!

facebook.com/Ulsterman1

_____

REFERENCE:  White House Insider:  Pelosi, Scandal, Soros…and Racism

http://newsflavor.com/opinions/white-house-insider-pelosi-scandal-soros-and-racism/

Read more: http://newsflavor.com/politics/us-politics/white-house-insider-hillary-2012-and-michelle-obamas-racism/#ixzz17k7AXgT7

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2010, 05:57:48 AM »
Mrs. Obama’s Separate Hawaii Travel Likely Costs at Least $63,000
by Keith Koffler on December 22, 2010, 12:33 pm

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2010/12/22/michelle-obama-hawaii/

The decision by First Lady Michelle Obama to leave on schedule for her two-week Hawaii vacation and not wait a few days for her delayed husband will probably cost taxpayers more than $63,000 in additional expenses, according to a White House Dossier analysis.

President Obama was supposed to depart for Hawaii Saturday, but decided to stay in Washington until Congress finishes its work for the year. He’s now expected to depart today or tomorrow. But Mrs. Obama chose to leave without him Saturday, taking their two children and the dog along with her.

Mrs. Obama’s decision to go without the president forced her to take a separate plane, meaning two flights instead of one were needed to ferry the First Family to their vacation destination. Unless for some reason her plane was headed to Hawaii anyway, her trip involves substantial additional costs.

Mrs. Obama reads "'Twas the Night Before I Got Out of Freezing Washington" to a group of children
Mrs. Obama jetted out to Hawaii on an Air Force C-40B Special Mission Aircraft. The Defense Department bills other agencies $6,330 per flight hour for use the plane.

Assuming a flight time from Washington DC to Hawaii of about ten hours, the cost to taxpayers for the flight alone would be about $63,000.

But Mrs. Obama’s determination to get her full two weeks of Hawaiian rest and relaxation probably cost a good deal more. By leaving  early, she forced  a large logistical support operation – including a retinue of Secret Service agents – to get itself up and running.

This is in addition to the support that will be needed to bring President Obama to Hawaii via Air Force One. Since the cost of moving the entire family together on Air Force One would not likely have been much different than that of taking just the president, the first lady’s trip is an add-on.

What’s more, Mrs. Obama has decided to make a Sasquatch-sized carbon footprint by commandeering her own jet to take her to Hawaii.

The first lady has previously garnered criticism for her vacation travel, particularly a four-night luxury excursion to Spain last August.

Mrs. Obama’s Hawaii transportation is a modestly sized plane based on the commercial Boeing 737 and seating up to 32 passengers. Here is the Air Force description of it:

The cabin area is equipped with a crew rest area, distinguished visitor compartment with sleep accommodations, two galleys and business class seating with worktables.

The C-40B is designed to be an “office in the sky” for senior military and  government leaders. Communications are paramount aboard the C-40B which provides broadband data/video transmit and receive capability as well as clear and secure voice and data communication. It gives combatant commanders the ability to conduct business anywhere around the world using on-board Internet and local area network connections, improved telephones, satellites, television monitors, and facsimile and copy machines.

Despite the president’s delayed departure, the most recent information is that the entire Obama clan will return to Washington as scheduled January 1.

Attempts to reach the first lady’s press office for comment were unsuccessful.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2010, 06:59:20 AM »
that commie bitch, she could have taken a piper cub ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2010, 07:02:47 AM »
that commie bitch, she could have taken a piper cub ;D

;D ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2010, 07:12:28 AM »
On second thought Blacken, I'm not sure a tiny plane has enough power o fly that oversized hippo anywhere. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2010, 11:20:29 AM »
Poor judgment.  These people just don't get it. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2011, 02:26:44 PM »

Charlotte charred by FLOTUS roast reference
MOLLY BALL | 2/3/11 6:02 AM EST Updated: 2/3/11 1:56 PM EST

Charlotte residents were ecstatic to hear this week that their city was selected to host the Democratic convention. But there was one line in the e-mail announcement from First Lady Michelle Obama that made locals say, "Huh?"

Continue Reading

In listing Charlotte's many virtues, Obama named southern charm, hospitality, diversity — "And of course, great barbecue."

That was news to residents, who know that North Carolina's best barbecue lies farther afield. "We appreciate the compliments, and they're all spot-on until that last one," the editorial board of the Charlotte Observer newspaper wrote in a blog post titled, "Charlotte = great barbecue? Who knew?"

"Everybody knows to get the best stuff, you gotta drive north to Lexington," the board added.

A local Associated Press reporter quoted a barbecue expert, retired University of North Carolina professor John Shelton Reed, who said that Charlotte for barbecue was "like Minneapolis for gumbo."

The gaffe was enough to make you wonder whether the White House had simply cut and pasted Southern clichés to create the first lady's announcement.

A Fox News website also implied that Obama's praise for barbecue was at odds with her push for healthy eating, noting in a Fox Nation blog post: "Studies show a barbecue meal weighs in at around 2,500 calories."

Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx, in an interview, didn't try to defend his city's offerings.

"We have good barbecue in Charlotte, but there's great barbecue [elsewhere] across the state," Foxx told POLITICO. "I have had great barbecue in Charlotte that's been brought in on a truck."

But he said Charlotte will not let down the Obamas.

"If barbecue is what the First Lady wants, she will have all the barbecue she needs," Foxx said. "We'll make sure of it."

(Related: Candid Photos of Michelle Obama)

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/48756.html#ixzz1CwAxkTdw

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2011, 08:24:42 PM »
So what are you trying to say? Politicians are just in it for the money ??? lol

Part sales man part fall guy that what a president is! They are there to make you feel good about getting used by the industrial complex.
They don't call many shots if any.

Money talks and they got ours no matter what, so why listen to us? They need to listen to the guys giving them money on top of the tax dollar, and setting up their future after presidency , when they become the fall guy ;)
P