Author Topic: Obama & U.S. State Dept. funding IMAM to promote WTC Mosque  (Read 8340 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama & U.S. State Dept. funding IMAM to promote WTC Mosque
« on: August 09, 2010, 05:05:53 AM »
Building West-Muslim Bridges

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1265347988736&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout#ixzz0vyOeGglM

By  Mohammad Sabry IOL Staff

________________________ ________________________ ___

"My purpose is to spread harmony and peace between the West and the Muslim world," Imam Abdul-Rauf told IOL.

CAIRO – Sitting firmly in his seat with a determined look in his eyes, American Imam Feisal Abdul-Rauf appears resolved to bridge the gap between the West and the Muslim world.

"My purpose is to spread harmony and peace between the West and the Muslim world," Imam Abdul-Rauf, chairman of the Cordoba Initiative, told IslamOnline.net in an exclusive interview.

"My role is to see how can my work help improve this relationship."

With that in mind, the American imam founded the Cordoba Initiative in 2003 to clear mutual mistrust.

"First (we seek) to identify the sources of conflict between the Muslim world and the West," he said.

"We have developed under this initiative a number of projects which we believe are effective in creating this discourse about these particular arenas," he said, citing projects in political, religious and cultural arenas.

"(They aim) to help reduce the conflict inshaAllah and solve it as well."

According to its website, the Cordoba Initiative aims to achieve a tipping point in Muslim-West relations within the next decade, steering the world back to the course of mutual recognition and respect and away from heightened tension.

Born in 1948, Imam Abdul-Rauf is a well-known figure in the field of West-Muslim relations.

In 1997, he founded the American Society for Muslim Advancement (ASMA), reportedly the first Muslim organization committed to bringing US Muslims and non-Muslims through programs in academia, policy, current affairs and culture.

An imam of Masjid al-Farah in New York, Abdul-Rauf also sits on the Board of Trustees of the Islamic Center of New York and serves as an adviser to the Interfaith Center of New York.

He authored three books on Islam and its place on contemporary Western society.

Support

Imam Abdul-Rauf is currently on a State Department-sponsored tour to build bridges.

"This is part of it as the work is huge and can't be done by one person or one organization," he said.

"It is also to share people like yourself the work that we do. We need people in the media and we need people to talk to understand what we do."

He defended the US government's support for his organization.

"If I don't have the ears of people in the political power, I would not engage in the issues of today," he said.

"So if you want to solve the problems, you have to have the anchor of each place.

"As an American citizen and as an American organization, we have to comply with American laws, not doubt. But unless I get involved in the big issues of today, we can't solve them."

Imam Abdul-Rauf does not think such relation with the US government could create suspicions about him or his initiative.

"My Cordoba Initiative is supported by both the West and the Muslim world," he insisted.

"My work has drawn the attention of governments of many countries," he said, naming Malaysia, Qatar, the Netherlands and Britain.

"We are looking to get the initiative like the United Nations. The UN has the support of all countries but to serve a common purpose of peace."

Protected Muslims

As part of his bridges-building efforts, Imam Abul-Rauf is championing a project to build an Islamic Center two blocks from Ground Zero in New York.

"We would like to have our center equipped with (state-of-the-art) technology," he added.

"We would like our center in some aspects to have this technology so we can display and show what Muslims today are doing in the common bonds of civilizations."

Imam Abdul-Rauf believes American Muslims are continually improving all the time and credits that to the system in America.

"This is the societal system of law, the principle of civil rights, the civil rights protection and the freedom of religions. These are things that are built in the legal American structure."

Many believe American Muslims, estimated at between six to seven million, have become sensitized to an erosion of their civil rights since 9/11.

Imam Abdul-Rauf does not seem to agree.

"The American legal structure and political structure is to ensure that these individual rights of the people are not breached or eroded.

"And because we enjoy these protections the situation of Muslim Americans are always improving."

________________________ ________________________ ______________________

Every piece of shit democrat who voted for Obama and still supports him should hang.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Obama & U.S. State Dept. funding IMAM to promote WTC Mosque
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:18:32 AM »
I will not let this thread get buried under Palin or Bush bashing by pofs leftists too embarassed to comment on this or who approve of this TREASON.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:48:51 AM »
Even the boy scouts now hate this dirtbag grifter.  Remember - Obama, piss be upon him, snubbed the 100 yr anniversary to go chat it up with the hags on the View. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 06:22:59 AM »
Bump for Blacken, Chad, 240, KC, Hugo, mons, Straw, Danny, or any other kneepadding fag on this board still supporting this kenyan marxist. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 06:32:09 AM »
that mosque is going to get built so get the fuck over it, your like a 5 year old, your not always going to get your way and there are some things in life your not going to like.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 06:39:17 AM »
that mosque is going to get built so get the fuck over it, your like a 5 year old, your not always going to get your way and there are some things in life your not going to like.

So far no construction companies are willing to do the work and that is a huge thing going around.  construction companies are signing petitions and pledges not to do work there. 

And if they try to bring in outside contractors, the local unions will shut it down.  I will be there as well as this is akin to the Westboro freaks protesting funerals of soldiers.   

Mons Venus

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 07:00:24 AM »

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1265347988736&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout#ixzz0vyOeGglM

"My purpose is to spread harmony and peace between the West and the Muslim world," Imam Abdul-Rauf told IOL.

CAIRO – Sitting firmly in his seat with a determined look in his eyes, American Imam Feisal Abdul-Rauf appears resolved to bridge the gap between the West and the Muslim world.

"My purpose is to spread harmony and peace between the West and the Muslim world," Imam Abdul-Rauf, chairman of the Cordoba Initiative, told IslamOnline.net in an exclusive interview.

With that in mind, the American imam founded the Cordoba Initiative in 2003 to clear mutual mistrust.

"First (we seek) to identify the sources of conflict between the Muslim world and the West," he said.

"We have developed under this initiative a number of projects which we believe are effective in creating this discourse about these particular arenas," he said, citing projects in political, religious and cultural arenas.

According to its website, the Cordoba Initiative aims to achieve a tipping point in Muslim-West relations within the next decade, steering the world back to the course of mutual recognition and respect and away from heightened tension.

Born in 1948, Imam Abdul-Rauf is a well-known figure in the field of West-Muslim relations.

In 1997, he founded the American Society for Muslim Advancement (ASMA), reportedly the first Muslim organization committed to bringing US Muslims and non-Muslims through programs in academia, policy, current affairs and culture.

An imam of Masjid al-Farah in New York, Abdul-Rauf also sits on the Board of Trustees of the Islamic Center of New York and serves as an adviser to the Interfaith Center of New York.

Support

Imam Abdul-Rauf is currently on a State Department-sponsored tour to build bridges.

"This is part of it as the work is huge and can't be done by one person or one organization," he said.

"It is also to share people like yourself the work that we do. We need people in the media and we need people to talk to understand what we do."

"If I don't have the ears of people in the political power, I would not engage in the issues of today," he said.

"So if you want to solve the problems, you have to have the anchor of each place.

"As an American citizen and as an American organization, we have to comply with American laws, not doubt. But unless I get involved in the big issues of today, we can't solve them."

Imam Abdul-Rauf does not think such relation with the US government could create suspicions about him or his initiative.

"My Cordoba Initiative is supported by both the West and the Muslim world," he insisted.

"My work has drawn the attention of governments of many countries," he said, naming Malaysia, Qatar, the Netherlands and Britain.

"We are looking to get the initiative like the United Nations. The UN has the support of all countries but to serve a common purpose of peace."

Protected Muslims

As part of his bridges-building efforts, Imam Abul-Rauf is championing a project to build an Islamic Center two blocks from Ground Zero in New York.

"We would like to have our center equipped with (state-of-the-art) technology," he added.

"We would like our center in some aspects to have this technology so we can display and show what Muslims today are doing in the common bonds of civilizations."

Imam Abdul-Rauf believes American Muslims are continually improving all the time and credits that to the system in America.

"This is the societal system of law, the principle of civil rights, the civil rights protection and the freedom of religions. These are things that are built in the legal American structure."

Many believe American Muslims, estimated at between six to seven million, have become sensitized to an erosion of their civil rights since 9/11.

"The American legal structure and political structure is to ensure that these individual rights of the people are not breached or eroded.

"And because we enjoy these protections the situation of Muslim Americans are always improving."

Every piece of shit democrat who voted for Obama and still supports him should hang.  

America was attacked by a False Flag created by Bush/Cheney.......not Muslims.  ::) ::) ::)

14 Box Cutters took down the WTC/Pentagon.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 07:01:21 AM »
Kill yourself. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 07:15:04 AM »
Imagine if we put up a shrine to the KKK at MLK's grave site? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 08:02:26 AM »

Really now? It turns out that the "organization" building this mosque doesn't even own the entire building they think they're putting it in. This whole thing is fucking shady.

And it's not surprising that Obama is now championing this douche. He's the perfect candidate. Wants Sharia Law in America, refuses to denounce terrorism, is against interfaith dialogue and thinks that the mosque will help us non-Muslims to integrate. Sounds like a winner to me!  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 08:05:16 AM »
I freaking knew from Day 1 Obama was behind this. 

Blacken & mons - are you proud of your POTUS now? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 08:46:34 AM »
a friend of mine just told me obama is a alien :D :D :D :D :D :D you guys are priceless

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 08:48:45 AM »
a friend of mine just told me obama is a alien :D :D :D :D :D :D you guys are priceless

No, just a incompetent, kenyan, marxist.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 08:52:07 AM »

Nice command of the English language you have there. 

Stay in school, kids.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 09:24:18 AM »
The silence from 240, Straw, Hugo, Danny, et al on this is telling. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 10:25:34 AM »
The silence from 240, Straw, Hugo, Danny, et al on this is telling. 

Let's see - the leftists on this site still consumed with bush, palin, 911 CT's, etc.   ::)  ::)

Obama expanding FBI internet powers w/o warrant - silence. 

Funding the WTC IMAM - silence. 

Sending IT jobs to Sir Lanka - silence.

Stim Bill failures - silence. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 12:37:09 PM »
Let's see - the leftists on this site still consumed with bush, palin, 911 CT's, etc.   ::)  ::)

Obama expanding FBI internet powers w/o warrant - silence. 

Funding the WTC IMAM - silence. 

Sending IT jobs to Sir Lanka - silence.

Stim Bill failures - silence. 

;D

The good news is that they can tell you what Palin had for breakfast this morning, though!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 02:28:33 PM »
PDS still rules at DU, HP, 240's mind, and all the other sites in deep denial of what is going on. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 02:37:44 PM »
Where's the Liberal cries for seperation of church and state?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »
Where's the Liberal cries for seperation of church and state?

Most leftists dont apply their own standards to Islam since they are scared shitless of the dull knife running across their puny necks. 

Mons Venus

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 02:46:24 PM »

Support

Protected Muslims

The construction industry needs work.....build it!!!

14 box cutters..... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 02:51:21 PM »
Most leftists dont apply their own standards to Islam since they are scared shitless of the dull knife running across their puny necks. 

Can't argue with that.  I've said before that I think it's liberal fear.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 02:52:54 PM »
Its blood money to do work there. 

Screw these vermin.  I hope that whoever does the work there sabotoges the place so it crumbles or implodes on its own shortly after it opens. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »
Its blood money to do work there. 

Screw these vermin.  I hope that whoever does the work there sabotoges the place so it crumbles or implodes on its own shortly after it opens. 

Here's a good example of a liberal coward:

The construction industry needs work.....build it!!!

14 box cutters..... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 03:00:11 PM »

Here's a good example of a liberal coward:

No, mons is just a deluded Oboma voting 911 CT'er still blaming Bush for everything, and now obsessed with Palin.  The Palin hatred is beyond ridiculous.   The woman is not an elected official, has no power to pass laws or spend tax dollars, yet blacken, 240, mons, et al are utterly obssessed with her, all in denial and ignorance of major stories like the economy, health care, etc.