Author Topic: Most hated excersise and piece of equipment in the gym  (Read 9719 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Most hated excersise and piece of equipment in the gym
« on: August 09, 2010, 01:30:30 PM »
Cable crossover station... Hate hate hate it million little guys 140 lbs some not even hit pubertyas yet everybody wants t do cable crossovers max holding up the cable station doing cable crossovers.... And old fat guys Not realising that is an advanced isolation movement which means you need to first have pecs.... So when a serious trainer like myself wants to do pressdowns it's full of guys lining up to do cable crossovers
choice is an illusion

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Most hated excersise and piece of equipment in the gym
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 01:32:32 PM »
leg extensions because they burn far more than anything else but dont even do anything

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 01:39:03 PM »
Basil loves them all because they're all great for athletes as opposed to those pesky barbells and dumbells!

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 01:40:04 PM »
At most gyms it's the squat rack.  That is fine by me, then I never have to wait.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 01:43:44 PM »
 The machine squat... weakest skinniest idiots load up 10 plates on each side and swear they are squatting 900lbs for reps  ::)

and then there is this piece of shit-seated calve machine.. does absolutely NOTHING

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 01:44:10 PM »
Cable crossover station... Hate hate hate it million little guys 140 lbs some not even hit pubertyas yet everybody wants t do cable crossovers max holding up the cable station doing cable crossovers.... And old fat guys Not realising that is an advanced isolation movement which means you need to first have pecs.... So when a serious trainer like myself wants to do pressdowns it's full of guys lining up to do cable crossovers

use the lat pulldown or dedicated press machine. whats an "advanced guy" like you worrying about cable movements anyway?- why not french press, extension?

why use cable xover for tris anyway?- its for pecs. maybe its you who is the jerk?..do you own the machine?...are others not as special as you so they arent allowed to use it?

typical 'roid moron.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 01:47:51 PM »
The machine squat... weakest skinniest idiots load up 10 plates on each side and swear they are squatting 900lbs for reps  ::)

and then there is this piece of shit-seated calve machine.. does absolutely NOTHING

Isn't that what Zack Khan used and snapped both his knees?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »
Exactly unless there is a moron in there doing curls. I love chest day and back the best nobody messing with the weights I deadlift or dumbell row and chest day no one ever pressing those heavyass dumbells in my gym I don't even try to bench anymore always ram packed with guys pulling the bar Orr each others chest
and I never have to wait on the Chin bar either because they are hard noone does them ... You will see a guy doing machine rows with loads of plates... And can't even do 5 chins... 90% of guys are pure ego
choice is an illusion

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 01:52:17 PM »
leg extensions because they burn far more than anything else but dont even do anything

Why wouldn't it do anything? I think it might be as legit exercise as curl for your biceps. I would like to hear reasons why people hate this exercise so much. It might not be as effective for your quads as the squat is, but that doesn't make the exercise bad...

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 01:52:53 PM »

LOVE this calf machine.   LOVE it. 

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 01:55:23 PM »
use the lat pulldown or dedicated press machine. whats an "advanced guy" like you worrying about cable movements anyway?- why not french press, extension?

why use cable xover for tris anyway?- its for pecs. maybe its you who is the jerk?..do you own the machine?...are others not as special as you so they arent allowed to use it?

typical 'roid moron.

I use pressdowns to warm up my elbows before skull crushers but then anyone with any clue about training would realise that thanks for your "input"
choice is an illusion

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
At most gyms it's the squat rack.  That is fine by me, then I never have to wait.

I was thinking the exact same thing , no body squats anymore and if they do it's knee bends above parallel

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 02:10:53 PM »
any calf machine in most gyms

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »
For me personally it's the hyper-extension stand (wouldn't really call it a machine because it's a bodyweight-only piece of equipment).

Basically whenever I use it I always seem to be situated in such a way that it crushes my balls on every rep - no matter how far forward or how far back, my balls get in the way and the pain is excrutiating.

Basically what I'm saying is that my nutsack gets to failure before my lower back does.  :-X

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 02:19:50 PM »

Gotta etch that detail into your pecs son!!!!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »
Yes I agree but you have to have pecs first....
choice is an illusion

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 03:04:01 PM »
i hate preacher curls.....and any machine that involves them......preacher curls have never did shit for me..

bench

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 03:09:15 PM »
i hate preacher curls.....and any machine that involves them......preacher curls have never did shit for me..

bench

and you've never done shit for them....

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 03:13:14 PM »
Yes I agree but you have to have pecs first....

I was just kidding, it pisses me off too.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »
i dont mind waiting to using the cable cross over machine... but when this guy here uses it, it just makes me wanna throw a fastball to his face and say damn maybe you should go outside and take some real batting practice at the cages

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »
Even the flotsam should be able to spell exercise!

Cable cross over is almost useless. Why? Well, when you use heavy weights it becomes dangerous. It is as useless as using a rope for triceps pressdowns.

io856

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 03:48:03 PM »
Even the flotsam should be able to spell exercise!

Cable cross over is almost useless. Why? Well, when you use heavy weights it becomes dangerous. It is as useless as using a rope for triceps pressdowns.

now that you bring it up why do people do that? haha

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 04:10:17 PM »
Most guys who lift weights copy others. So if someone sees a guy in a mag doing rope pressdowns he starts doing them and then the flotsam copy him. It can be effective but not the way I see everyone doing it. The triceps contract fully in the last few degrees of the movement. What do muscleheads do? They go outwards at the bottom just when they need to maintain tension. A totally wasted exercise.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 05:29:08 PM »
So what's your recommended technique for rope pressdowns ?
choice is an illusion

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 05:36:33 PM »
For me personally it's the hyper-extension stand (wouldn't really call it a machine because it's a bodyweight-only piece of equipment).

Basically whenever I use it I always seem to be situated in such a way that it crushes my balls on every rep - no matter how far forward or how far back, my balls get in the way and the pain is excrutiating.

Basically what I'm saying is that my nutsack gets to failure before my lower back does.  :-X
We got a nice one with a split down the center so your dong doesn't get crushed. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!