Author Topic: Another "i want to be an MMA champ" ready to ....  (Read 3843 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Another "i want to be an MMA champ" ready to ....
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 05:41:36 AM »

Matt Kroc telling how he loses 35 lbs in a day without any strength loss.  Call it idiotic and old school if you want, I can lose 15 with no problems and I'm only 205-210.  A bigger guy can lose quite a bit more.  Its not fun, but it doesn't hurt my performance to any noticable degree.
what are you doing in terms of actions that you didnt notice any degree of decline in performance?

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 05:59:23 AM »
I have only done it for fights.  The ones I did had the weigh in the day before, and the fights were the next evening.  When I wrestled, I didn't like to cut more than a couple lbs because the weigh-ins were immediately before the matches and you didn't have time to re-hydrate.  That really does hurt your performance if you try to compete dehydrated.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 06:41:45 AM »
I have only done it for fights.  The ones I did had the weigh in the day before, and the fights were the next evening.  When I wrestled, I didn't like to cut more than a couple lbs because the weigh-ins were immediately before the matches and you didn't have time to re-hydrate.  That really does hurt your performance if you try to compete dehydrated.
EXACTLY if you have a day before competing then fine I still think that dropping an excessive amount of weight 15+lbs is going to hurt you but not anywhere near the amount it would if its the same day...

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 06:54:29 AM »
EXACTLY if you have a day before competing then fine I still think that dropping an excessive amount of weight 15+lbs is going to hurt you but not anywhere near the amount it would if its the same day...

That is what I said from the start.  You have to have time to put all the weight back on.  Obviously, if you cut 15lbs and step onto the mat, you didn't have time to put ANY of it back on, let alone all of it.  I can tell you from my own experience, if you can get all the weight back on, it doesn't hurt you.  That is why guys like Kroc can lose 35 lbs in one day and set personal records the next.  You just have to start re-hydrating and getting food back in immediately.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 07:03:04 AM »
tattoos + affliction shirt = mma champ
LMAO!......Don't know about champ, but with the right training I don't see why he couldn't do some damage.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 10:16:15 AM »
;)

My all-time favourite wrestler. OOOOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAH!     ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 06:42:03 PM »
Don't be silly. Tons of professional boxers have been doing this for decades and still do for a reason.

One thing I for sure, there is very little to no science placed in the nutrition of either MMA fighters or in boxing. So the "and still do it for a reason" doesn't hold water (no pun intended). While everyone else is struggling to re-hydrate the times after the weigh-ins till the fight, my guys are drinking there water and pedialite while there WAITING for the weigh-ins not after. You guys seem to forget that muscle is still 65-70% water and even when re-hydrated quickly it still isn't enough to fully recover especially when your eating, sparring and everything else thats done before a fight. Nerves take a toll sometimes so much on the CNS that even though you THINK you're re-hydrated you quickly find yourself week before the sound on the first round bell.

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 06:52:27 PM »
One thing I for sure, there is very little to no science placed in the nutrition of either MMA fighters or in boxing. So the "and still do it for a reason" doesn't hold water (no pun intended). While everyone else is struggling to re-hydrate the times after the weigh-ins till the fight, my guys are drinking there water and pedialite while there WAITING for the weigh-ins not after. You guys seem to forget that muscle is still 65-70% water and even when re-hydrated quickly it still isn't enough to fully recover especially when your eating, sparring and everything else thats done before a fight. Nerves take a toll sometimes so much on the CNS that even though you THINK you're re-hydrated you quickly find yourself week before the sound on the first round bell.

You seem to forget, I actually do it and it works for me.  It may not for everyone, but it does for me.  I don't THINK I'm re-hydrated, I know I am, cuz I put back all the water I lost, as evidenced by the scale and urine color.  And since that leads to the inevitable questions about who I am, can I beat up GSP and Fedor, am I just making this up, it works for Matt Kroc too, and he drops a hell of a lot more weight than I do and then comes in and sets PRs, so I don't think he is mistaken about it working for him either.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 07:57:21 AM »
You seem to forget, I actually do it and it works for me.  It may not for everyone, but it does for me.  I don't THINK I'm re-hydrated, I know I am, cuz I put back all the water I lost, as evidenced by the scale and urine color.  And since that leads to the inevitable questions about who I am, can I beat up GSP and Fedor, am I just making this up, it works for Matt Kroc too, and he drops a hell of a lot more weight than I do and then comes in and sets PRs, so I don't think he is mistaken about it working for him either.

Not saying it doesn't work, just saying there's a better way.

spinnis

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2010, 11:05:33 AM »

Im actually rooting for him after that interview. just a humble dude that wanna try something hes always wanted to and try it before hes waaay to old. isn't talking about no championship fights or anything, isn't hating on poeple thats talking shit etc etc.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 01:23:06 PM »

Im actually rooting for him after that interview. just a humble dude that wanna try something hes always wanted to and try it before hes waaay to old. isn't talking about no championship fights or anything, isn't hating on poeple thats talking shit etc etc.

As cool as they come... hope he does well.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 03:33:39 PM »
Not saying it doesn't work, just saying there's a better way.
much much much better way...

plane and simple you would be better off not having to sweat off 10+lbs rather than having to...