Author Topic: U.S. Government is building Mosques overseas with U.S. Taxpayer Dollars.  (Read 13455 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
U.S. State Department is Building… Mosques
http://bigpeace.com/cderussy/2010/08/12/u-s-state-department-is-building-mosques/

Posted by Candace de Russy Aug 12th 2010 at 2:24 am in Featured Story, Foreign Policy, Islamic extremism, Terrorism | Comments (40)

________________________ ________________________ ______________

What else is the State Department larding out, at hard-pressed taxpayers’ expense, to facilitate “understanding” with the Muslim world?

What else, that is, in addition to Ground-Zero-Mega-Mosque Imam Rauf’s likely fund-raising gig in five, oil rich countries?

Just as it has greatly, very greatly, disturbed 68% of you registered voters to learn of plans to build a $100 million dollar mosque financed perhaps by the very ones who underwrote the 9/11 slaughter, it will likely disturb you to learn that the State Department has been hard at work – on your dime – rebuilding of mosques in foreign countries.

The Washington Times reports:

In April, U.S. Ambassador to Tanzania Alfonso E. Lenhardt helped cut the ribbon at the 12th-century Kizimkazi Mosque, which was refurbished with assistance from the United States under a program to preserve culturally significant buildings. The U.S. government also helped save the Amr Ebn El Aas Mosque in Cairo, which dates back to 642. The mosque’s namesake was the Muslim conqueror of Christian Egypt, who built the structure on the site where he had pitched his tent before doing battle with the country’s Byzantine rulers. For those who think the Ground Zero Mosque is an example of “Muslim triumphalism” glorifying conquest, the Amr Ebn El Aas Mosque is an example of such a monument – and one paid for with U.S. taxpayer funds.

By what lights is U.S. citizens’ money being used to preserve and advance Islam? What of First Amendment considerations about the use of public moneys for religious worship? Our government claims murkiness on these issues but nonetheless forges ahead in constructing mosque abroad:

In July 2009, the Office of the Inspector General published an audit of U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) faith-based and community initiatives that examined whether government funds were being used for religious activities. The auditors found that while USAID was funding some religious activities, officials were “uncertain of whether such uses of Agency funding violate Agency regulations or the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution” when balanced against foreign-policy objectives.

Casting uncertainty to the winds, our government proceeded to rebuild the Al Shuhada Mosque in Fallujah, Iraq, in the anticipation of

such benefits as “stimulating the economy, enhancing a sense of pride in the community, reducing opposition to international relief organizations operating in Fallujah, and reducing incentives among young men to participate in violence or insurgent groups.”

But here’s the rub:

Section 205.1(d) of title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations prohibits USAID funds from being used for the rehabilitation of structures to the extent that those structures are used for “inherently religious activities.”

The Times is right: “It is impossible to separate religion from a mosque; any such projects will necessarily support Islam.”

Our taxpayer money should not be used to preserve and promulgate Islam. Nor should it be spent on a tour for Rauf that endows him with both access and the U.S. stamp of approval.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____

I guess there is no separation between mosque/State. 

I'm waiting for you libs and self righteous leftists to scream about this. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
In April, U.S. Ambassador to Tanzania Alfonso E. Lenhardt helped cut the ribbon at the 12th-century Kizimkazi Mosque, which was refurbished with assistance from the United States under a program to preserve culturally significant buildings. The U.S. government also helped save the Amr Ebn El Aas Mosque in Cairo, which dates back to 642. The mosque’s namesake was the Muslim conqueror of Christian Egypt, who built the structure on the site where he had pitched his tent before doing battle with the country’s Byzantine rulers. For those who think the Ground Zero Mosque is an example of “Muslim triumphalism” glorifying conquest, the Amr Ebn El Aas Mosque is an example of such a monument – and one paid for with U.S. taxpayer funds.

________________________ ________________________ __________________

And some of you freaking useful idiots who need not be named think the Mosque at ground zero is about freedom and tolerance and taxpayers wont be paying for it.    ::) ::)  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Great, we help build a mosque so they can use it to radicalize more terrorists.  Just fucking great.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Why would the government spend taxpayers' money on any religious project, muslim or otherwise, especially in a foreign country?
Taxdollars at work..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Sure sounds like there isn't.   :-\

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Great, we help build a mosque so they can use it to radicalize more terrorists.  Just fucking great.

Like the fucking Saudi's need anymore help spreading their Wahabist/Salfist bullshit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP for the leftists on this site always screamining about separation of church/state. 

Freaking hypocrites. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
BUMP for the leftists on this site always screamining about separation of church/state. 

Our govt shouldn't pay for ANY religious group - church, mosque, whatever.

Period.

Everyone has the right to believe what they want, but damn... all this bitching about religion is pathetic... we're ignoring the sinking economy because we're all up in arms about this silly issue.... another issue of the week... last week it was the sherrod comment/naacp that had everyone's panties in a knot

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Period.

Everyone has the right to believe what they want, but damn... all this bitching about religion is pathetic... we're ignoring the sinking economy because we're all up in arms about this silly issue.... another issue of the week... last week it was the sherrod comment/naacp that had everyone's panties in a knot

You of all people need to shut your yap about the economy.  You owe me an apology and mea culpa as it is since its August, 18 months since the Stim Bill was passed and UE is still as high as ever, AFTER THE FREAKING THIS WAS PASSED. 

You said - "give it a chance", "lets wait and see", "4 Million jobs", blah blah blah.  Man up and admit you were dead wrong. 

Kazan

• Getbig V

Period.

Actually this does involve the economy because the fucking government is pissing away money they don't have a on shit in a foreign land.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Liberals love the idea of a marriage between Mosque/State.  Thats why they are silent on this. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Actually this does involve the economy because the fucking government is pissing away money they don't have a on shit in a foreign land.

i dont think our govt should be pissing away $ on ANY religion.

Kazan

• Getbig V
i dont think our govt should be pissing away $ on ANY religion.

Well if that is really the case you should be really pissed that the government is not only building indoctrination centers over sea's, but footing the bill to send the fucktard ground 0 mosque cleric on an tour of the ME.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Well if that is really the case you should be really pissed that the government is not only building indoctrination centers over sea's, but footing the bill to send the fucktard ground 0 mosque cleric on an tour of the ME.

240 would only be pissed if it was Bush or Palin doing it.  Obama does it, so he finds a way to blame palin and bush. 

240 face it - Obama is a muslim, is a traitor, is a pofs, and is dead set on collpasing the nation.  There are no other reasons or theories that can adequetaly explain what this admn is doing. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
This has to be the single biggest waste of money I've ever seen. Like Kazan said, do the Saudis and other Wahhabists really need help spreading their hatred?  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This has to be the single biggest waste of money I've ever seen. Like Kazan said, do the Saudis and other Wahhabists really need help spreading their hatred?  ::)

Again - where are all the self righteous liberals who scream about christianity on this? 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Strange, no libs in here to cry about seperation of church and state. 

Oh wait....I think Palin just mispelled "ice cream" on twitter.  They must be crying about important shit like that instead of this stupid seperation of (christian) church and state.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
i dont think any religious groups should be getting a penny of taxpayer $.  I dont care if its muslim, satanic, or catholic (upon which I was raised).

Keep religion and govt separate.  Period.  Zero $ should be going to any of them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Strange, no libs in here to cry about seperation of church and state. 

Oh wait....I think Palin just mispelled "ice cream" on twitter.  They must be crying about important shit like that instead of this stupid seperation of (christian) church and state.

Truth.  There are ridiculous Palin threads literally everyday and the liberal brigade is all over them.  But this?   ::) 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Truth.  There are ridiculous Palin threads literally everyday and the liberal brigade is all over them.  But this?   ::) 

Most liberals love the idea of a marriage of mosque/state since their hatred of christianity and america eclipses anything.  They view islam as a friend in the old "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" since they hope islam can help bring down the country like it is in the UK. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Most liberals love the idea of a marriage of mosque/state since their hatred of christianity and america eclipses anything.  They view islam as a friend in the old "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" since they hope islam can help bring down the country like it is in the UK. 

It really is a contradiction. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LMAO there was an air plane crash in alaska....PALIN!!!!

someone tweeted something...PALIN!!!!

someone had cue cards or crib notes...PALIN!!!

240 et all are morons to the highest degree yet will bitch and moan about distractions and issues when they arent targeted at palin...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It really is a contradiction. 

Not to the left it is not.  They view islam as a fellow soldier in their war on the nation.  Thanfully, many muslims here just want to be left alone, unlike in other nations.  However, the leftists will exploit whoever they can to try to attack the nation.  

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
U.S. State Department is Building… Mosques
http://bigpeace.com/cderussy/2010/08/12/u-s-state-department-is-building-mosques/

Posted by Candace de Russy Aug 12th 2010 at 2:24 am in Featured Story, Foreign Policy, Islamic extremism, Terrorism | Comments (40)

________________________ ________________________ ______________

What else is the State Department larding out, at hard-pressed taxpayers’ expense, to facilitate “understanding” with the Muslim world?

What else, that is, in addition to Ground-Zero-Mega-Mosque Imam Rauf’s likely fund-raising gig in five, oil rich countries?

Just as it has greatly, very greatly, disturbed 68% of you registered voters to learn of plans to build a $100 million dollar mosque financed perhaps by the very ones who underwrote the 9/11 slaughter, it will likely disturb you to learn that the State Department has been hard at work – on your dime – rebuilding of mosques in foreign countries.

The Washington Times reports:

By what lights is U.S. citizens’ money being used to preserve and advance Islam? What of First Amendment considerations about the use of public moneys for religious worship? Our government claims murkiness on these issues but nonetheless forges ahead in constructing mosque abroad:

In July 2009, the Office of the Inspector General published an audit of U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) faith-based and community initiatives that examined whether government funds were being used for religious activities. The auditors found that while USAID was funding some religious activities, officials were “uncertain of whether such uses of Agency funding violate Agency regulations or the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution” when balanced against foreign-policy objectives.

Casting uncertainty to the winds, our government proceeded to rebuild the Al Shuhada Mosque in Fallujah, Iraq, in the anticipation of

such benefits as “stimulating the economy, enhancing a sense of pride in the community, reducing opposition to international relief organizations operating in Fallujah, and reducing incentives among young men to participate in violence or insurgent groups.”

But here’s the rub:

Section 205.1(d) of title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations prohibits USAID funds from being used for the rehabilitation of structures to the extent that those structures are used for “inherently religious activities.”

The Times is right: “It is impossible to separate religion from a mosque; any such projects will necessarily support Islam.”

Our taxpayer money should not be used to preserve and promulgate Islam. Nor should it be spent on a tour for Rauf that endows him with both access and the U.S. stamp of approval.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____

I'm waiting for you libs and self righteous leftists to scream about this. 

How come you are not screamig about the US building embassies in Iraq at a cost of HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS!!!! Did Iraq ask for a US embassy? Did not america already have one there? What about the US embassies built in Somalia? and Ethiopia? How aboutthese war games being played in South Korean waters? or how about the new war games being played in Vietnamese waters? or the latest new surge in war games with South Korea? http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/skoreankoreausmilitarydrill

How much taxpayer money is being wasted on this? and you cry about a mosque? The fact that america is building mosques in other lands should tell you something. Spend less time listening to your forever LYING MSM on these topics whose goal is only to garner viewership/Neilson ratings and nothing more. Sadly for the weak in mind it also garners racial and religious hostility.
C

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
LMAO there was an air plane crash in alaska....PALIN!!!!

someone tweeted something...PALIN!!!!

someone had cue cards or crib notes...PALIN!!!

240 et all are morons to the highest degree yet will bitch and moan about distractions and issues when they arent targeted at palin...

Can't argue with you.