Author Topic: U.S. Government is building Mosques overseas with U.S. Taxpayer Dollars.  (Read 13468 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: U.S. Government is building Mosques overseas with U.S. Taxpayer Dollars.
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2012, 06:14:33 AM »
While I think it's bullshit... Question.

Did the US fund the rebuilding of churches after WWII?

If so, then we do have a precedence there.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2012, 06:16:28 AM »
While I think it's bullshit... Question.

Did the US fund the rebuilding of churches after WWII?

If so, then we do have a precedence there.

Big difference we are not rebuilding mosques we blew up here.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2012, 06:25:26 PM »

Big difference we are not rebuilding mosques we blew up here.   

I don't understand... We blew up churches during WW2... Did we way to rebuild them?

If so, then should we not be doing the same to Mosques in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Perhaps I'm missing something... You're saying we're rebuilding mosques we blew up in the US? Did we blow up Mosques in the US?

You mean that the government is paying for a blown up Mosque here in the  States?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »
I don't understand... We blew up churches during WW2... Did we way to rebuild them?

If so, then should we not be doing the same to Mosques in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Perhaps I'm missing something... You're saying we're rebuilding mosques we blew up in the US? Did we blow up Mosques in the US?

You mean that the government is paying for a blown up Mosque here in the  States?

Read the first article. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2012, 06:29:18 PM »
I see... I do not agree with it, but has this happened in the past for any other religious locations in other countries?

Let's replace "Mosque" with "Place of Worship" for any religion... Would you still take issue with it?

Personally I would... If it was a Mosque, Church, Temple... Fuck the government giving money for that... Especially preservation of some old building in another country.

All around fucked up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2012, 06:30:12 PM »
I see... I do not agree with it, but has this happened in the past for any other religious locations in other countries?

Let's replace "Mosque" with "Place of Worship" for any religion... Would you still take issue with it?

Personally I would... If it was a Mosque, Church, Temple... Fuck the government giving money for that... Especially preservation of some old building in another country.

All around fucked up.

We are broke.   We should not belaying for any of this bs. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2012, 06:39:54 PM »
We are broke.   We should not belaying for any of this bs. 

I agree.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2012, 07:31:59 PM »
bump

U.S. State Department is Building… Mosques
http://bigpeace.com/cderussy/2010/08/12/u-s-state-department-is-building-mosques/

Posted by Candace de Russy Aug 12th 2010 at 2:24 am in Featured Story, Foreign Policy, Islamic extremism, Terrorism | Comments (40)

________________________ ________________________ ______________

What else is the State Department larding out, at hard-pressed taxpayers’ expense, to facilitate “understanding” with the Muslim world?

What else, that is, in addition to Ground-Zero-Mega-Mosque Imam Rauf’s likely fund-raising gig in five, oil rich countries?

Just as it has greatly, very greatly, disturbed 68% of you registered voters to learn of plans to build a $100 million dollar mosque financed perhaps by the very ones who underwrote the 9/11 slaughter, it will likely disturb you to learn that the State Department has been hard at work – on your dime – rebuilding of mosques in foreign countries.

The Washington Times reports:

In April, U.S. Ambassador to Tanzania Alfonso E. Lenhardt helped cut the ribbon at the 12th-century Kizimkazi Mosque, which was refurbished with assistance from the United States under a program to preserve culturally significant buildings. The U.S. government also helped save the Amr Ebn El Aas Mosque in Cairo, which dates back to 642. The mosque’s namesake was the Muslim conqueror of Christian Egypt, who built the structure on the site where he had pitched his tent before doing battle with the country’s Byzantine rulers. For those who think the Ground Zero Mosque is an example of “Muslim triumphalism” glorifying conquest, the Amr Ebn El Aas Mosque is an example of such a monument – and one paid for with U.S. taxpayer funds.

By what lights is U.S. citizens’ money being used to preserve and advance Islam? What of First Amendment considerations about the use of public moneys for religious worship? Our government claims murkiness on these issues but nonetheless forges ahead in constructing mosque abroad:

In July 2009, the Office of the Inspector General published an audit of U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) faith-based and community initiatives that examined whether government funds were being used for religious activities. The auditors found that while USAID was funding some religious activities, officials were “uncertain of whether such uses of Agency funding violate Agency regulations or the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution” when balanced against foreign-policy objectives.

Casting uncertainty to the winds, our government proceeded to rebuild the Al Shuhada Mosque in Fallujah, Iraq, in the anticipation of

such benefits as “stimulating the economy, enhancing a sense of pride in the community, reducing opposition to international relief organizations operating in Fallujah, and reducing incentives among young men to participate in violence or insurgent groups.”

But here’s the rub:

Section 205.1(d) of title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations prohibits USAID funds from being used for the rehabilitation of structures to the extent that those structures are used for “inherently religious activities.”

The Times is right: “It is impossible to separate religion from a mosque; any such projects will necessarily support Islam.”

Our taxpayer money should not be used to preserve and promulgate Islam. Nor should it be spent on a tour for Rauf that endows him with both access and the U.S. stamp of approval.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____

I guess there is no separation between mosque/State. 

I'm waiting for you libs and self righteous leftists to scream about this.