Author Topic: Reid deadlocked with Angle in new poll  (Read 11627 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Reid deadlocked with Angle in new poll
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:28:13 AM »
Looks like this might come down to the wire. 

Posted: August 13th, 2010
From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) - It appears Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's political fate will come down to the very narrow sliver of Nevada voters who say they are still undecided about whom to vote for in November's election.

According to a new Mason-Dixon poll conducted for the Las Vegas-Review Journal, Reid leads Republican Sharron Angle by a statistically insignificant 2 points, 46-44 percent, while only 5 percent of Nevada voters report they are undecided. Two percent, meanwhile, said they wanted another candidate with an additional 3 percent indicating "none of the above."

The new survey also suggests Reid's primary campaign strategy – telling voters his leadership post allows him to bring home the bacon for Nevadans – doesn't appear to be widely resonating. A bare majority says Reid's No. 1 post in the Senate isn't a sufficient reason to vote him back into office, while 45 percent agreed Reid's influence is a compelling enough reason to vote for the four-term Democrat.

The poll, conducted Monday-Wednesday of this week, surveyed 625 likely Nevada voters and carries a sampling error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

Earlier in the week the Reid campaign stepped up its efforts to paint former Nevada lawmaker Sharron Angle, a favorite of the Tea Party movement, as unfit for the Senate.

A new Reid commercial airing across the state declares Angle as "too extreme" whose controversial statement that angry voters may resort to "Second Amendment remedies" "goes way over the line."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/13/reid-deadlocked-with-angle-in-new-poll/#more-117738

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Reid deadlocked with Angle in new poll
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:36:27 AM »
Ill be 240 for this one...

"its amazing that its still this close seeing as reid just came out and basically said that any hispanic that votes republican is betraying his race, angle should be killing him and raising 5 times the amount of money. I mean I know why reid isnt b/c its a recession and not alot of ppl want to give away money but angle should be killing it"... ;D :D ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:40:40 AM »

"its amazing that its still this close seeing as reid just came out and basically said that any hispanic that votes republican is betraying his race, angle should be killing him and raising 5 times the amount of money. I mean I know why reid isnt b/c its a recession and not alot of ppl want to give away money but angle should be killing it"... ;D :D ;)

He'll also call her a "nutbag" or some other name for the 100th time because she's open about her faith like Obama, Ron Paul, etc.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »
I think she is going to pull this thing out TBH. 

The reason being that by November as the economy gets even worse, anyone w D next to their name is going to be so toxic that even the Angles of the world will seem better. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 12:44:58 PM »
the independent voters [ the intelligent voters] are going to see she is nothing but a retard and vote for Reid ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 12:48:40 PM »
the independent voters [ the intelligent voters] are going to see she is nothing but a retard and vote for Reid ;D

There are other issues at play.  NV has the highest UE of any state and people may go looking for people to blame who are in power. 

BTW - the independents voted for Bush in 2004.  Were they intelligent then?  What about in 1980 and 1984 when they voted for Reagan.  What about 1988 when they voted for Bush? 

Or is it only when they vote for the Dem they are intelligent? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »
you lost all credibility when you said you would vote for palin for pres. :D :D :D :D :D :D

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 12:53:29 PM »
...Or is it only when they vote for the Dem they are intelligent? 

Well, now that you mention it.  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
you lost all credibility when you said you would vote for palin for pres. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Enough said.  i don't see how she could have delivered worse results than this.  I already said, if for no other reason than the SC, I will vote for her if she is the nominee.  

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 01:02:36 PM »
... I will vote for her if she is the nominee.  

Nothing will guarantee Obama another 4 years like Palin as the Republican Teabag party nominee. Bring it on.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »

haha brilliant!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 01:06:33 PM »
Nothing will guarantee Obama another 4 years like Palin as the Republican Teabag party nominee. Bring it on.  ;D

I don't want her , but will vote for anyone over Obama, including Madoff, Vandersloot, OJ, K-Rod, lady Ga ga, whoever. 

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 01:13:40 PM »
I don't want her , but will vote for anyone over Obama, including Madoff, Vandersloot, OJ, K-Rod, lady Ga ga, whoever. 

As Ed would say on the "ED Show", that is true psycho-talk.  ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 01:14:39 PM »

There are other issues at play.  NV has the highest UE of any state and people may go looking for people to blame who are in power. 

BTW - the independents voted for Bush in 2004.  Were they intelligent then?  What about in 1980 and 1984 when they voted for Reagan.  What about 1988 when they voted for Bush? 

Or is it only when they vote for the Dem they are intelligent? 

The growing independent support for Democratic House candidates represents a significant shift in attitudes since the 2004 election, when Democrats held only a slim advantage. In winning reelection, Bush narrowly lost the independent vote, 50 percent to 48 percent, and in the vote for the House, independents split 50 to 46 for Democratic candidates.

By Dan Balz and Jon Cohen
Washington Post Staff Writers

do you check your facts or just make shit up ;D

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 01:18:55 PM »
It seems like most of Angle's supporters don't even live in NV.
She's a nutcase, plain and simple, and of course that doesn't make Reid any better since he has done no good for NV, quite the contrary.
I've said it before, Nevada is plagued with the worst mainstream political choices ever.
I wish more Nevadans would vote for independent candidates than follow party line and blindly vote Reid or Angle just because the candidate is from "their party".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 01:22:49 PM »
The growing independent support for Democratic House candidates represents a significant shift in attitudes since the 2004 election, when Democrats held only a slim advantage. In winning reelection, Bush narrowly lost the independent vote, 50 percent to 48 percent, and in the vote for the House, independents split 50 to 46 for Democratic candidates.

www.realclearpolitics.co m

Check it out sometime. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »
With the exeption of Al Franken, I can't think of another person in Washington in Obamas administration dumber (and I mean that literally) than Harry Reid!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 02:24:09 PM »
With the exeption of Al Franken, I can't think of another person in Washington in Obamas administration dumber (and I mean that literally) than Harry Reid!!

They have competition from Kucinich, who believes he was visited by little green men.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 03:30:41 PM »
Reid sucks.  He sucks bad.  He was losing 75 to 25% to "unnamed republican candidate" in polls.

Somehow, the repub candidate managed to lose a whole lotta support with lamebrain statements.  Phasing out social security doesn't play well with senior voters ;)

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 03:31:03 PM »

Neither Franken or Reid are in Obama's administration. Back to Government 101 for you Coach. I guess that makes you dumber than anyone in the administration.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 03:33:04 PM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 08:10:19 AM »

so i guess this post stands ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 09:12:02 AM »
They have competition from Kucinich, who believes he was visited by little green men.   :)

Kucinich never said he was visited by little green men

stop making shit up

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 09:13:25 AM »
Looks like this might come down to the wire. 

Posted: August 13th, 2010

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/13/reid-deadlocked-with-angle-in-new-poll/#more-117738

LOL - down to the wire?

when is the date of the election again

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 11:41:31 AM »
Kucinich never said he was visited by little green men

stop making shit up

Ah shaddap.  The Village Idiot will speak when spoken too.