Author Topic: Biden: On November 3rd, we'll have both majorities in congress  (Read 1837 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Biden: On November 3rd, we'll have both majorities in congress
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 06:16:14 AM »
As of this year insurance companies will be unable to cancel policies because of sickness, deny children with pre-existing conditions, or place lifetime monetary limits on policies.

You're against this, BILLY?

Yeah and guess who 240?  The insane price hikes are forcing even more people to not have insurance. 

ObamaCare is a complete disgrace on so many levels its not even funny. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 06:19:23 AM »
Yeah and guess who 240?  The insane price hikes are forcing even more people to not have insurance. 

ObamaCare is a complete disgrace on so many levels its not even funny. 

I didn't defend obamacare which, as you may recall, I was against.

BILLY said there was NOTHING good about this bill.  I think it is good we can't deny children with pre-existing conditions.  We're different like that.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 06:29:11 AM »
I didn't defend obamacare which, as you may recall, I was against.

BILLY said there was NOTHING good about this bill.  I think it is good we can't deny children with pre-existing conditions.  We're different like that.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Im against it.Insurance companies are there to make a profit.If you insure those with pre-existing conditions,where is the ability to make a profit?The last thing in the world I want is the filthy,dirty,lying government to dictate to companies what they can do or what policies to follow.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 06:39:09 AM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Im against it.Insurance companies are there to make a profit.If you insure those with pre-existing conditions,where is the ability to make a profit?The last thing in the world I want is the filthy,dirty,lying government to dictate to companies what they can do or what policies to follow.

Hey, we're gonna disagree on this point.  it's not about what you/me think.  It's about what majority of voters want, really.

Anyway, there were threads on getbig about certain repubs taking credit for SOME of the parts of the healthcare bill - some parts of it that most voters would consider to be good. 

Some seniors are getting refund checks this year too - I highly doubt candidates Romney and Palin will stand in front of 50 million elderly people and tell them "no check next year next year, granny!"

They'll say "I'll do everything I can, as President, to correct things" but they won't say repeal.  besides, frontrunner Romney starts his 25-state tour today... he's running... and he WROTE obamacare 5 years before obama did, in his own state.  Methinks romney is gonna downplay that issue ;)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 07:17:26 AM »

Hey, we're gonna disagree on this point.  it's not about what you/me think.  It's about what majority of voters want, really.

Anyway, there were threads on getbig about certain repubs taking credit for SOME of the parts of the healthcare bill - some parts of it that most voters would consider to be good. 

Some seniors are getting refund checks this year too - I highly doubt candidates Romney and Palin will stand in front of 50 million elderly people and tell them "no check next year next year, granny!"

They'll say "I'll do everything I can, as President, to correct things" but they won't say repeal.  besides, frontrunner Romney starts his 25-state tour today... he's running... and he WROTE obamacare 5 years before obama did, in his own state.  Methinks romney is gonna downplay that issue ;)

The vast majority of the country want it repealed.What dont you understand about that?Just like the overwhelming majority dont want the mosque,dont want the bailout of GM ,just like they dont want gay marriage.This nation is conservative which is why the lying Obama ran as a conservative not a liberal.Obama and the democrats rule against the will of the nation,I cant help it if republicans like Romney are gutless and wont stand up for the people.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 07:51:07 AM »
Why would you want Republicans back in power for that matter? Are they any better than the democrats?

Did the deficit not grow by a few trillions under a Republican and Democrat House and a Republican Presidency?

Did Bush not joke that the elites are his "peeps"?

Guys you need to wake up they have you conned to believe in this game of Democrats and Republicans. The politicians on both sides of the aisle are playing for the same team. And you are not part of their team.

And, the alternative is what, keep Obama and his goofies in charge and watch the death of America, right before our eyes?

Don't bother crying about a third party; it ain't happening....at least not within the next two-and-a-half months.

At the very least (since Obama likes using car metaphors), think of it as your being stuck on the side of the highway with a flat, and the GOP is the temporary tire.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »
Rasmussen: Aug 23, 2010

Americans who want health care repealed 56%
Americans who oppose repeal 40%
Americans who think health care will be good for the country 36%

"Seventy-six percent (76%) of Mainstream voters favor repeal of the health care law. Eighty-seven percent (87%) of the Political Class oppose repeal."

"Last week, support for repeal among all voters hit 60%, the highest level in over a month, but those favoring repeal has ranged from 52% to 63% since the health care law was passed by Congress in March. Opposition to the law remains as high since its passage as it was in the months before the measure became law."

"Interestingly, there is no difference of opinion on this question between voters with health insurance and those without."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/health_care_law

why did you skip the sub headline which says:  56% Favor Repeal of Health Care Law; 54% Say Law Is Bad for Country

there was also this sentence

"Republicans and voters not affiliated with either party continue to strongly favor repeal and to believe that the health care measure will be bad for the country. Democrats just as solidly oppose repeal and think the law will be good for America"

based on the last two elections one could easily argue that there are more Democrats in this country than Repuclicans and Independents
btw - what the heck is a "mainstream voter" and what is the "political class"

That same Rasmussen poll links to another poll where they describe "political class" and "mainstream voter" with this headline:
67% of Political Class Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction, 84% of Mainstream Disagrees

I've already said many times that I think the health care reform we got was a poor compromise but the way you'll be able to tell how people feel about it is how the Dems and Republicans use it in their campaigns.   If it's a bad thing you would expect that Dems won't mention it and certainly wont' promote it as a good thing.   I suspect they will run on it so if this survey of " a thousand likely voters" is accurate then it will be a bad move and only help the Repubs.   If those "thousand likely voters" somehow dont' give an accurate reprentation of the ~ 150 million actual voters then we'll know that too

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 07:58:27 AM »
The vast majority of the country want it repealed.What dont you understand about that?

You can't show me a poll where the vast majority of the country believes "we should repeal the part saying we can't deny children with pre-existing conditions"

There are parts of it that ppl like.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 08:01:20 AM »
Why would you want Republicans back in power for that matter? Are they any better than the democrats?

Did the deficit not grow by a few trillions under a Republican and Democrat House and a Republican Presidency?

Did Bush not joke that the elites are his "peeps"?

Guys you need to wake up they have you conned to believe in this game of Democrats and Republicans. The politicians on both sides of the aisle are playing for the same team. And you are not part of their team.

Bro you cant say Bush...his presidency never happened. There are no effects from it..get over it...the slate was wiped clean when Obama took over..

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 08:02:48 AM »
You can't show me a poll where the vast majority of the country believes "we should repeal the part saying we can't deny children with pre-existing conditions"

There are parts of it that ppl like.

NO ONE has any idea of whats in it.Ask those people who like it if they are looking foreward to paying much much more for their premiums.Ask them if they are looking foreward to losing their insurance as it is now.See if they are willing to give up their insurance so some fucking poor ass fools kids get health care.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:57 AM »
Bro you cant say Bush...his presidency never happened. There are no effects from it..get over it...the slate was wiped clean when Obama took over..

Not true, we are in Bushs' third term,. but worse. 

Seriously Mal, how on earth can any thinking person still support this admn? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 08:08:18 AM »
Not true, we are in Bushs' third term,. but worse. 

Seriously Mal, how on earth can any thinking person still support this admn? 

I was just telling the guy that Bush is out...and actually he did a bang up job and Obama Took over a paradise...actually he should be happy to come in after  the red carpet Bush laid out...These fools need to get over the whole "Bush was in office like 2 years ago" i mean...bro...there aint no effects from that...wars, economy, etc...this all Obama...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 08:12:25 AM »
I was just telling the guy that Bush is out...and actually he did a bang up job and Obama Took over a paradise...actually he should be happy to come in after  the red carpet Bush laid out...These fools need to get over the whole "Bush was in office like 2 years ago" i mean...bro...there aint no effects from that...wars, economy, etc...this all Obama...

Coming from someone who takes the Hippocratic Oath and oath to "First, do no harm", I think any reasonable or sensible person realizes that Obama has taken a bad situation and made it worse. 

Tell me one area that has gotten remotely better?   

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 08:15:27 AM »
why did you skip the sub headline which says:  56% Favor Repeal of Health Care Law; 54% Say Law Is Bad for Country

"Republicans and voters not affiliated with either party continue to strongly favor repeal and to believe that the health care measure will be bad for the country. Democrats just as solidly oppose repeal and think the law will be good for America"

based on the last two elections one could easily argue that there are more Democrats in this country than Repuclicans and Independents

Never say never. There is a good chance, given the current political environment, that obamacare gets repealed.

You are correct that there more Americans who identified themselves as Democrats than Republicans. But do you know by what difference? 1 point.  46% to 45%. And with the way things are going, more independents are leaning toward supporting the Republicans.  Bad news for Democrats.

Gallup survey for January to March of this year:

"The advantage in public support the Democratic Party built up during the latter part of the Bush administration and the early part of the Obama administration has all but disappeared. During the first quarter of 2010, 46% of Americans identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic, while 45% identified as or leaned Republican.
The latest results, based on aggregated data from Gallup polls conducted from January to March of this year, show the closest party division since the first quarter of 2005, when the parties were tied at 46%. Democrats enjoyed double-digit advantages in party support in 11 of 12 quarters from the second quarter of 2006 to the first quarter of 2009.
By the end of last year, the Democratic advantage had shrunk to five points (47% to 42%), and it narrowed further in the most recent quarter."

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 08:20:29 AM »
Coming from someone who takes the Hippocratic Oath and oath to "First, do no harm", I think any reasonable or sensible person realizes that Obama has taken a bad situation and made it worse. 

Tell me one area that has gotten remotely better?   

Im with you..i mean...he himself did call the swat team on Grandmothers

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 08:22:33 AM »

His security detail did.  and what does that have to do with the economy getting far worse, the Dem run congress a complete joke, housing plummeting, tax revenue plummeting, UE rising and getting worse?, Iran moving forward with nukes without a word from Obama, etc etc ? ? ?  ?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 08:29:57 AM »
NO ONE has any idea of whats in it.Ask those people who like it if they are looking foreward to paying much much more for their premiums.Ask them if they are looking foreward to losing their insurance as it is now.See if they are willing to give up their insurance so some fucking poor ass fools kids get health care.

Exactly.

Wait until premiums start increasing and get out of hand. Most likely people will blame insurance companies and call them greedy. But, if government starts forcing insurance companies to take all comers. Their risk is going to increase and premiums have to reflect their exposure. There will be further jobs that will be lost because it will become too expensive for companies to pay additional premiums for each employee. Hiring will slow down as companies seek ways to reduce costs, which may include forcing employees to pay even more on their contributions and co-payments.

People are good samaritans until it hits their wallets hard.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 08:34:30 AM »

EVERYTHING Imam Obama has touched has gotten MUCH worse.The economy,Afghanastan,health care,the environment,sadly though thats his goal,the total destruction of the country to teach whitey a lesson.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 08:35:13 AM »
Exactly.

Wait until premiums start increasing and get out of hand. Most likely people will blame insurance companies and call them greedy. But, if government starts forcing insurance companies to take all comers. Their risk is going to increase and premiums have to reflect their exposure. There will be further jobs that will be lost because it will become too expensive for companies to pay additional premiums for each employee. Hiring will slow down as companies seek ways to reduce costs, which may include forcing employees to pay even more on their contributions and co-payments.

People are good samaritans until it hits their wallets hard.

They already are skyrocketing due to Obamacare.  Just ask around. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 10:50:59 AM »
why did you skip the sub headline which says:  56% Favor Repeal of Health Care Law; 54% Say Law Is Bad for Country

That same Rasmussen poll links to another poll where they describe "political class" and "mainstream voter" with this headline:
67% of Political Class Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction, 84% of Mainstream Disagrees

I've already said many times that I think the health care reform we got was a poor compromise but the way you'll be able to tell how people feel about it is how the Dems and Republicans use it in their campaigns.   If it's a bad thing you would expect that Dems won't mention it and certainly wont' promote it as a good thing.   I suspect they will run on it so if this survey of " a thousand likely voters" is accurate then it will be a bad move and only help the Repubs.   If those "thousand likely voters" somehow dont' give an accurate reprentation of the ~ 150 million actual voters then we'll know that too

The "Political Class" is people who are politicians, congressmen, senators, those who work for them, etc. The  "mainstream voter" these are people not employed by the federal government, those who work in the private sector and who actually vote.

As for there being more democrats than republicans, I doubt that simply because only 20% of the voting population identifies themselves as liberal.

As for not posting the sub-headline in my original post, I'm not sure why you think that helps your case?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 11:14:08 AM »
The "Political Class" is people who are politicians, congressmen, senators, those who work for them, etc. The  "mainstream voter" these are people not employed by the federal government, those who work in the private sector and who actually vote.

As for there being more democrats than republicans, I doubt that simply because only 20% of the voting population identifies themselves as liberal.

As for not posting the sub-headline in my original post, I'm not sure why you think that helps your case?

I asked you for a source of your statement and you provided it

I asked basically asked why you cherry picked a finding out of the article and ignored the broad conclusion (which was not quite as overwhelming as the portion you chose)

I don't deny that many people don't like the current healthcare legislation (which I think in large part is due to spin and misinformation by opponents).  Personally I think it's watered down and there are things I don't like about it.

I do think it's a step in the right direction and I think there are many people in this country who agree (somehwere btw 44% to 46% based on the sub headline of the article you posted)

I think we'll see Dems run on the passing of healthcare legislation and I think it will be successful for them

I could be wrong

time will tell

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »

I asked basically asked why you cherry picked a finding out of the article and ignored the broad conclusion (which was not quite as overwhelming as the portion you chose)

I don't deny that many people don't like the current healthcare legislation (which I think in large part is due to spin and misinformation by opponents).  Personally I think it's watered down and there are things I don't like about it.

I do think it's a step in the right direction and I think there are many people in this country who agree (somehwere btw 44% to 46% based on the sub headline of the article you posted)

I think we'll see Dems run on the passing of healthcare legislation and I think it will be successful for them

I could be wrong

time will tell

This year?Or in future years.This year they are going to get slaughtered.In future years this health care bill will go down as the single most destructive piece of legislation ever passed and it will be despised forevor.It is the end of health care as we know it.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 11:19:24 AM »
This year?Or in future years.This year they are going to get slaughtered.In future years this health care bill will go down as the single most destructive piece of legislation ever passed and it will be despised forevor.It is the end of health care as we know it.

hyperbole like a 13 year old school girl

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 11:20:43 AM »

I could be wrong

time will tell

ha ha ha ha.  Thanks for the laugh. 

Dems are running from ObamaCare like villagers from a hurricane.   

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 01:10:21 PM »

I could be wrong

time will tell

I thought I was pretty straightforward with my original post, wasn't trying to pick and choose which parts to ignore.

Here are the things from that article/poll that I think matter the most, the statistics that matter the most:

*"those favoring repeal has ranged from 52% to 63% since the health care law was passed by Congress in March." Obviously each time you take this poll the numbers will vary but they've consistently been above 50% to almost 2/3 the entire time.

*What matters most, the numbers that show what the voting class thinks. Yes, all Americans matter but if you don't vote I'm sorry, I really don't care what you think and if you don't vote, your opinion carries very little weight. All-in-all, it's the voting class, that's the number that matters, that's the true value of an opinion.