Author Topic: Howard Dean: "Obama's advisors are out of touch with the country"  (Read 2301 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Howard Dean: I can’t shake the feeling that Obama’s advisors are out of touch with the country
Hot Air ^ | August 22, 2010 | ALLAHPUNDIT

Skip ahead to 5:00 for the key bit, which has me at a loss. On the one hand, this is the second time in four days that Dean-o is wildly off-message from the White House, which of course is why both CNN and The Hill are trumpeting his remarks here. Intriguing stuff, to be sure. On the other hand, the thrust of what he’s saying is that the White House is out of touch with … progressives. Note to Dean: It ain’t disaffected lefties who are preparing to destroy the Democrats in November. Or am I not giving him enough credit, and this is actually his way of acknowledging, however glancingly, that the White House is out of touch with center-right concerns too? Remember, this is the guy who’s been warning liberals that the 65 percent of Americans who oppose the Ground Zero mosque can’t all be bigots.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/08/22/howard-dean-i-cant-shake-the-feeling-that-obamas-advisors-are-out-of-touch-with-the-country/

________________________ ________________________ ______

You think Howie? ? ? ? ?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Howard Dean: "Obama's advisors are out of touch with the country"
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 02:08:49 PM »
Howard Dean: I can’t shake the feeling that Obama’s advisors are out of touch with the country

Skip ahead to 5:00 for the key bit, which has me at a loss. On the one hand, this is the second time in four days that Dean-o is wildly off-message from the White House, which of course is why both CNN and The Hill are trumpeting his remarks here. Intriguing stuff, to be sure. On the other hand, the thrust of what he’s saying is that the White House is out of touch with … progressives. Note to Dean: It ain’t disaffected lefties who are preparing to destroy the Democrats in November. Or am I not giving him enough credit, and this is actually his way of acknowledging, however glancingly, that the White House is out of touch with center-right concerns too? Remember, this is the guy who’s been warning liberals that the 65 percent of Americans who oppose the Ground Zero mosque can’t all be bigots.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/08/22/howard-dean-i-cant-shake-the-feeling-that-obamas-advisors-are-out-of-touch-with-the-country/

You think Howie? ? ? ? ?

I wonder what tipped him off. The $800 billion stimulus bill that resulted in unemployment going up? Maybe it's the complete lack of economic progress since Obama took office?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 03:40:24 PM »

You think Howie? ? ? ? ?

exactly the point that has been expressed many times before

Obama ran as a progressive but he's been governing more like a Republican or at least a centrist

333 - if you agree with the excerpt above then can you tell me which group is supposedly going to "destroy Demcrats" in November?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 04:01:34 PM »
exactly the point that has been expressed many times before

Obama ran as a progressive but he's been governing more like a Republican or at least a centrist

333 - if you agree with the excerpt above then can you tell me which group is supposedly going to "destroy Demcrats" in November?
LOL see its comments like this that make you lose credibility(not that you had any left)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 05:05:19 PM »
LOL see its comments like this that make you lose credibility(not that you had any left)

Tell me about it.  Obama governing like a Republican??  That is laugh out loud funny.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 05:06:10 PM »
Straw - this article sums it up best.  

http://weeklystandard.com/articles/obama-four-disasters

BTW - he ran in the primary as a far left progressive, whatever that means, and as a centrist in the genrral.  He is governing as a lunatic.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »

Note to Dean: It ain’t disaffected lefties who are preparing to destroy the Democrats in November. ________________________ ________________________ ______

You think Howie? ? ? ? ?

if it "ain't disaffected lefties".......then which group does this guy think is going to "destroy" Democrats in November?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 06:22:38 PM »
if it "ain't disaffected lefties".......then which group does this guy think is going to "destroy" Democrats in November?

Those who typically turn out in mid terms - the older, more informed, whiter, and conscious voters. 

I read that there are 43 districts where the dems have a seat that was won by mccain that the dems think they will lose.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 06:28:17 PM »
Those who typically turn out in mid terms - the older, more informed, whiter, and conscious voters. 

I read that there are 43 districts where the dems have a seat that was won by mccain that the dems think they will lose.

so the "older, more informed (lol), whiter and conscious (?) voters" are not dissafected lefties"

so who are they ........ Republicans?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 06:40:09 PM »
so the "older, more informed (lol), whiter and conscious (?) voters" are not dissafected lefties"

so who are they ........ Republicans?
LMAO they are everybody...they are independents, republicans and yes straw believe it or not some dems as well...

you see what you fail to realize is that you are indeed a far left person...independents look like neo cons to you...

so to you its suprising when independents dont like the moves this administration has made but its a fact...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 06:49:42 PM »
LMAO they are everybody...they are independents, republicans and yes straw believe it or not some dems as well...

you see what you fail to realize is that you are indeed a far left person...independents look like neo cons to you...

so to you its suprising when independents dont like the moves this administration has made but its a fact...

well the witer of that blurb that 333 posted said it wasn't dissafected lefties so who's left?

granted, some independent (disaffected Repubs?) may vote Republican but by and large the rest of the group are the same people who voted Republican in the last election.   How'd that one turn out?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 06:51:21 PM »
well the witer of that blurb that 333 posted said it wasn't dissafected lefties so who's left?

granted, some independent (disaffected Repubs?) may vote Republican but by and large the rest of the group are the same people who voted Republican in the last election.   How'd that one turn out?

1994 redux

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 07:15:56 PM »

LOL right...only some independents are not happy with the administration and congress....hmmm

again its statements like that which cause you to lose credibility...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 07:18:21 PM »

1994 redux

Doesn't feel that way.  Republicans need a more cohesive message.  "Health care bill" sucks just isn't going to cut it and that's a good example.  It's been enacted and repeal isn't going to happen - even if they win every seat up for grabs.  So, they need to put out an agenda outlining specific initiatives and solutions and a path for the future.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 07:27:14 PM »

Doesn't feel that way.  Republicans need a more cohesive message.  "Health care bill" sucks just isn't going to cut it and that's a good example.  It's been enacted and repeal isn't going to happen - even if they win every seat up for grabs.  So, they need to put out an agenda outlining specific initiatives and solutions and a path for the future.

I'm listening to Charlie Cook on the radio right now who is regarded as the most accurate pollster on these mid terms there is.  He said the gop does not have to put out a plan and will most likely take the house and come up a seat or two short of the senate but take it in 2012 without a doubt. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 07:38:34 PM »
I'm listening to Charlie Cook on the radio right now who is regarded as the most accurate pollster on these mid terms there is.  He said the gop does not have to put out a plan and will most likely take the house and come up a seat or two short of the senate but take it in 2012 without a doubt. 

I think they need to net 39 seats to get control and there's like 40-45?? or so that are really toss-ups.  Seems more likely it's just not going to happen without a strong Republican message.  Just my opinion.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 07:43:23 PM »

I think they need to net 39 seats to get control and there's like 40-45?? or so that are really toss-ups.  Seems more likely it's just not going to happen without a strong Republican message.  Just my opinion.

He said the gop could get to 55 seats if the trend continues since the dems hold 43 seats that mccain won in 2008 that the dems think are probably gone. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 07:46:08 PM »

1994 redux

I'm sure you know that most prognosticators agree that the POTUS's party usually loses seats in the first midterm election after a new Presidential election

I think the Dems will do a lot better than anyone expects (I'm sure you won't agree with that).
You have to keep in mind that Republican candiates, for the most part, suck and many are moronic idealouges with no broad base appeal

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »
I almost think it might be better for the Dems to retain their majorities in this election. That way, there will be zero excuses for why they destroyed the economy come 2012.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 08:32:10 PM »
I almost think it might be better for the Dems to retain their majorities in this election. That way, there will be zero excuses for why they destroyed the economy come 2012.

good idea

don't forget to vote for the Dems in November and tell your friends to do the same

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 08:33:56 PM »

1994 redux

whats your prediction?  Will repubs take either or both congress?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 08:34:17 PM »
good idea

don't forget to vote for the Dems in November and tell your friends to do the same

No, thanks. Richard Blumenthal has been exposed for a fake soldier, a chronic liar and a scumbag. I wouldn't be able to live with myself after voting for a scumbag of that magnitude.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 08:35:37 PM »
I'm sure you know that most prognosticators agree that the POTUS's party usually loses seats in the first midterm election after a new Presidential election

I think the Dems will do a lot better than anyone expects (I'm sure you won't agree with that).
You have to keep in mind that Republican candiates, for the most part, suck and many are moronic idealouges with no broad base appeal
without a doubt but everyone has seen what the dems have done and those shitty candidates look alot better than the incumbants  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 08:38:35 PM »
whats your prediction?  Will repubs take either or both congress?

+45 in the house +7 in the Senate. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 08:40:40 PM »
without a doubt but everyone has seen what the dems have done and those shitty candidates look alot better than the incumbants  ;)

perhaps

but another perspective is that the Dems look shitty but the new Republican challengers looks alot worse

that's what I think will happen but time will tell

there is still plenty of time for either party to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory  (John McCain managed to do it in a matter of days)