Author Topic: George W. Bush on the Rise (Surprisingly) Again  (Read 1519 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: George W. Bush on the Rise (Surprisingly) Again
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 08:52:38 PM »
Lets put it in terms everyone here can understand. The Stimulus Bill is like someone getting giant pec implants and then trying to bench 500lbs...sorry, ain't gonna happen.

:) Yeah, i get that's what's being said, but why?  Why did they think it would work?  What hasn't?  What would have worked?  What would have happened if we let nature take its course?  What's going to happen next?  Yeah, it looks like a band aid on a severed leg. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 09:29:02 PM »
:) Yeah, i get that's what's being said, but why?  Why did they think it would work?  What hasn't?  What would have worked?  What would have happened if we let nature take its course?  What's going to happen next?  Yeah, it looks like a band aid on a severed leg. 

Why hasn't it worked? Because math works the same at your house as it does anywhere else...spending and debt work the same on a personal scale as they do in Washington...you can't spend your way out of debt.

What should have been done? Let the market function naturally. Sure, there will always be highs and lows but when you cripple the people with more cost you only inflate those low points.

Lets look at our own history, when was our economy strongest? Our economy has always been at its strongest levels when taxes were low and when government spending was kept to a minimum...why does this admin think things all of the sudden work differently? We've watched as Europe has been hit hard from this behavior and now even they are begging this admin to stop.

What will happen next? Well, they're already monetizing the debt, that's broken promise 942, they just dumped another big stim bill on us because the other worked so well, so I would imagine they'll just keep doing what they're doing and driving us straight into the ground.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 10:31:37 PM »
Iraq war was a waste of billions and thousands.  All the stim bills seems to have done is delay the inevitable which makes it a waste too.  However, I don't know enough about what the Stim bill has done or is doing to say further.  In addition I don't know if not doing it would have made it far worse.

I can PROMISE you that doing nothing would have been better. Not ideal, but better. I think its amazing that Bush has increased in popularity. I have been saying that the left really made themselves out to be asses by Bashing Bush, then supporting a guy that increased his flawed policies tenfold and backed off on his good policies. Bush was a mixed bag, and history will judge him overall well in the end. He wont be anywhere near the levels of a Reagan, but its amazing how fast the Truman analogy is becoming accurate. Oh, and conservatives and Tea Party activists who equate him to Obama do a real disservice to the debate. Those people are starting to irritate me just as much as the liberals.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 05:36:51 AM »
To those who say all bad presidents increase in popularity after they leave office, did Jimmy Carter ever increase in popularity?  I've always heard that he was the worst US president ever, and I've never heard otherwise.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 06:18:06 AM »
To those who say all bad presidents increase in popularity after they leave office, did Jimmy Carter ever increase in popularity?  I've always heard that he was the worst US president ever, and I've never heard otherwise.

Carter left office at 34%. 

I'm pretttttty sure it's higher today.  They all go up after being in office.  Hell, most of them see a bump in popularity once they are lame ducks.  Then they leave office and the hatred lessens.

it's like that with everything.  Time heals wounds.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 07:20:28 AM »
Carter left office at 34%. 

I'm pretttttty sure it's higher today.  They all go up after being in office.  Hell, most of them see a bump in popularity once they are lame ducks.  Then they leave office and the hatred lessens.

it's like that with everything.  Time heals wounds.

Most polls I see have Carter as the worst president this century.No time will heal the wounds that man put on the country and he is the worst former president as well.A anti semite like few others.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 07:59:46 AM »
Most polls I see have Carter as the worst president this century.No time will heal the wounds that man put on the country and he is the worst former president as well.A anti semite like few others.

do you have any current polls, or any since maybe 1985 or 1990, where Carter was at 34%?  nah

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 10:23:03 AM »
Why hasn't it worked? Because math works the same at your house as it does anywhere else...spending and debt work the same on a personal scale as they do in Washington...you can't spend your way out of debt.

What should have been done? Let the market function naturally. Sure, there will always be highs and lows but when you cripple the people with more cost you only inflate those low points.

Lets look at our own history, when was our economy strongest? Our economy has always been at its strongest levels when taxes were low and when government spending was kept to a minimum...why does this admin think things all of the sudden work differently? We've watched as Europe has been hit hard from this behavior and now even they are begging this admin to stop.

What will happen next? Well, they're already monetizing the debt, that's broken promise 942, they just dumped another big stim bill on us because the other worked so well, so I would imagine they'll just keep doing what they're doing and driving us straight into the ground.

I don't disagree with what you are saying for the most part, it makes perfect sense, however, what you said still is a very simplistic if not a cliche regarding conservative economics.  If its that obvious why do people keep trying to do it?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 10:25:42 AM »
I don't disagree with what you are saying for the most part, it makes perfect sense, however, what you said still is a very simplistic if not a cliche regarding conservative economics.  If its that obvious why do people keep trying to do it?

To put it simply, economics has shown that some debt can actually be beneficial for an economy's growth, which is most likely the cause. The size of that debt can be quite ambiguous to people with differing economic views.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 10:27:29 AM »
To put it simply, economics has shown that some debt can actually be beneficial for an economy's growth, which is most likely the cause. The size of that debt can be quite ambiguous to people with differing economic views.

then how is it that they think large ungodly amounts of debt was going to help anything?  Or is it all just a needed and natural cycle? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 10:29:30 AM »
then how is it that they think large ungodly amounts of debt was going to help anything?  Or is it all just a needed and natural cycle?  

I don't think they expect it to help. I think they expect it to keep it afloat. Those are two different concepts.

If people in Washington didn't care about their jobs they could have already put the pieces in place to fix this situation. TARP, the stim bill and all that other shit wouldn't have been passed. The economy would have been worse off in the beginning but would have come out much stronger in the long run.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 10:32:16 AM »
then how is it that they think large ungodly amounts of debt was going to help anything?  Or is it all just a needed and natural cycle? 

The reason the Stim Bill failed was because it focused on utter trash from Day 1, like many of us said.  Obama, Pelosi, et al, none of whom ever held a job in their collective lives, simply passed a pork laden waste filled mess. 

If you look at my posts from the time, or others for that matter, we predicted easily that the Stim Bill would fail. 

The fact of the matter is that this Admn, the Dem run Congress are a unmitigated disaster on every level and the sooner you realize it the better.       

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 10:39:55 AM »
I don't disagree with what you are saying for the most part, it makes perfect sense, however, what you said still is a very simplistic if not a cliche regarding conservative economics.  If its that obvious why do people keep trying to do it?

Simplistic, yeah a little bit but it's not as complicated as some seem to like to make it out to be...at least I sure don't think so.

Are you asking why those like in the Obama admin keep trying things like they're doing?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »
NOW THATS SCARY..You like nastradamous or some shit

-Prognosticator can see the future

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 01:30:18 PM »

um ok...cool.. will i pass the boards?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 01:32:33 PM »

So when is the stock market going to crash?  Give us an exact date, since you are the "Prognosticator" who "can see the future."    :)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »

will i get down to 220?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2011, 01:51:05 PM »

Will Mons Venus create yet another gimmick?