Author Topic: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino will make $5 million this year  (Read 10253 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino will make $5 million this year
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 03:09:36 PM »
That's the thing.  If he is making $5 million, how many hundreds of millions are those in charge making?  You know that he is not at the top of the pecking order in this chain of money so there are those using him to make untold amounts of money while he walks away with $5 million

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 03:20:28 PM »
That's the thing.  If he is making $5 million, how many hundreds of millions are those in charge making?  You know that he is not at the top of the pecking order in this chain of money so there are those using him to make untold amounts of money while he walks away with $5 million

defiantly, the network execs laugh with glee how the public gobbles up these reality shows...........because they are ALL profit

conventional shows you had high paid casts of actors, directors, producers, then the unions who drove the trucks and constructed the sets and the camera men and the editing people adn studio space

now, you rent an apartment, get a camera man or two, and then the cast.... who will work for peanuts because they are so desperate to be celebrities, and are just happy to be on a show .........and follow them around for a few weeks

the profits for mtv are probably amazing

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 03:23:45 PM »
if he were smart, he will squirl it away,.....and open a chain of tanning salons or something turnkey like that...........because hsi fame is gonna be over before you know it

Not a bad idea right here.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 03:25:33 PM »
anyone who has a problem with this has to remember..............if there is "fault" to be assigned here in a semantic way, it is the american publics "fault"

if people didnt tune in, he would have been forgotten before he was even remembered, likewise, if people didnt show up to his club appearances

in america we vote with our wallet

but a special punishment should be assessed to ANYONE who takes it so far as to purchase his "WORKOUT VIDEO"...........these people should be violently beaten in their respective town squares

this is not an indictment of idiots like the situation, there will always be idiots.................. .this is an indictment of the american public...........we are truly generation nothingness as the great hormone god says, people who life should never see a higher water mark then working behind the counter of a tanning salon, are now becoming celebrities..........i mean, this fool isnt even a good looking guy, he is a corny 30 year old ghoul, pretending he is someone who is 20, doing what 20 year olds do

Exactly, it's not his fault he is pulling in the cash! He is popular for a reason and that reason being is the "public's" fascination on him

Silverback Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 03:30:05 PM »
haha...if you want the money and don't like "doing dirty shit every single day for 40 years," then why don't you do something similar?  

The point of capitalism is that anyone can make the money.  
You don't have to stick with your shitty job.  You don't have to make little money.  
Everyone has the opportunity to be wealthy and successful.....or choose to complain whenever they see someone else become rich.  

This.
I'm goin' in...

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 03:33:08 PM »
On a side note... i wanna put my CoCKK between jwwow titties

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 03:34:08 PM »

Exactly, it's not his fault he is pulling in the cash! He is popular for a reason and that reason being is the "public's" fascination on him

x2  Anyone who talks shit about this guy is fucking jealous.  There isn't a person who woudl not do exactly what he is doing if given the chance.  This guy is doing nothing special or different that he hasn't his whole life except now he has found people to pay him for it.  He isn't a famous actor or athlete.  he did nothing but appear on a show that became popular and now he is getting rich off it.  I really think he is smart enough not to blow it all really fasdt like some pro athletes do.  I mean here is a guy who has marketed his abs for millions of dollars.  yet a pro bodybuilder will spend tens of thousands of dollars to get abs and other muscle and not make a fraction of what he is making.  It is ALL in the marketing.
No Worries 4 me

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »
anyone who has a problem with this has to remember..............if there is "fault" to be assigned here in a semantic way, it is the american publics "fault"

if people didnt tune in, he would have been forgotten before he was even remembered, likewise, if people didnt show up to his club appearances

in america we vote with our wallet

but a special punishment should be assessed to ANYONE who takes it so far as to purchase his "WORKOUT VIDEO"...........these people should be violently beaten in their respective town squares

this is not an indictment of idiots like the situation, there will always be idiots.................. .this is an indictment of the american public...........we are truly generation nothingness as the great hormone god says, people who life should never see a higher water mark then working behind the counter of a tanning salon, are now becoming celebrities..........i mean, this fool isnt even a good looking guy, he is a corny 30 year old ghoul, pretending he is someone who is 20, doing what 20 year olds do

Well said.  Don't blame capitalism, blame the morons who want this guy at their events...Hell, why hate?  Get out there and act like an idiot and you too have a chance to "make it".

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 05:27:53 PM »

i would pay good money to see that whore get slapped around and spit on

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 06:25:20 PM »
 ::)

Stavios

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 10:25:28 PM »
generation nothingness

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 11:30:15 PM »
The economy is not a zero-sum game.  This is one of the most consistent errors in economics that I see people make, often people who are very intelligent in other areas.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell010500.asp

If every poor person in the world gathered together and gave Mike $1 and he became a billionaire, how is that immoral?  If they all volunteer to freely give the $1, what is the problem?  To oppose capitalism is to oppose freedom.

I know a lot of people here don't like you. Even by guys I really like and respect. But I like to make up my own mind and decide for myself. I've never really read anything by you that I thought was crazy or out of line. I hear you do sneaky things but I've never seen any proofs. Mostly I know you from the kind of posts you made here on this thread. Maybe it's because they stand out and I don't notice the rest of whatever bad stuff you are accused of.

But these types of posts here is why I like you and consider you a kindred spirit. People just do not understand economics. And seeing you linking Thomas Sowell you just went up even higher in my estimation. To me Thomas Sowell is the most clearest and rational thinker that far, far transcends economics. His book, "The Search for Cosmic Justice", that little book barely 200 pages long explains pretty much everything we do and why we do it in this world.

Keep fighting the good fight, my friend. And never forget that if you stand for something in life and believe and defend it there will always be people who disagree with you and not like you -- even hate you. If you get along with everyone and never really get into any serious disagreement or conflicts then you are probably a real nice guy. But chances are that you don't stand for much in life or are willing to defend any principles or beliefs assuming you even have them or if they are strongly felt. Getting along, being popular and liked, is the be all and end all for many people.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 02:47:44 AM »
Well said.  Don't blame capitalism, blame the morons who want this guy at their events...Hell, why hate?  Get out there and act like an idiot and you too have a chance to "make it".

Exactly.  I watched a bit of that show a few times and I honestly don't understand the appeal, but obviously a lot of people like it and so be it.  I have no issues with voluntary exchanges in the free market.  If people are entertained by this show and willing to volunteer their money towards it, that is fine by me.  Although personally I will not.

I know a lot of people here don't like you. Even by guys I really like and respect. But I like to make up my own mind and decide for myself. I've never really read anything by you that I thought was crazy or out of line. I hear you do sneaky things but I've never seen any proofs. Mostly I know you from the kind of posts you made here on this thread. Maybe it's because they stand out and I don't notice the rest of whatever bad stuff you are accused of.

But these types of posts here is why I like you and consider you a kindred spirit. People just do not understand economics. And seeing you linking Thomas Sowell you just went up even higher in my estimation. To me Thomas Sowell is the most clearest and rational thinker that far, far transcends economics. His book, "The Search for Cosmic Justice", that little book barely 200 pages long explains pretty much everything we do and why we do it in this world.

Keep fighting the good fight, my friend. And never forget that if you stand for something in life and believe and defend it there will always be people who disagree with you and not like you -- even hate you. If you get along with everyone and never really get into any serious disagreement or conflicts then you are probably a real nice guy. But chances are that you don't stand for much in life or are willing to defend any principles or beliefs assuming you even have them or if they are strongly felt. Getting along, being popular and liked, is the be all and end all for many people.

Hey thanks pellius!!

Thomas Sowell is really great economist which I think is at least partly to do with the fact that he is a former Marxist and understands how Marxists and other leftists think.  Of all the great thinkers in economics, I have to say that he is one of my favourites.  I feel that if a person cannot see the benefits of free markets after reading Thomas Sowell, that they may never see them, at least if their transition from left-to-right is theoretical.  My transition was solely practical, after renting my house out to friends at age 23 and learning about life in the real world.

Here are some more of his columns:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell.html

This one on disparities of talent is relevant to this topic:

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell071409.php3

Lots more good stuff in there:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell110400.asp
http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell0900908.php3
http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell051607.php3

One last thing I find is that it is virtually impossible to discuss the issue of race without being considered racist by someone.  It doesn't matter what facts a person has to prove their point.  If you take take any non-politically correct issue on race, you will be labeled "racist" by someone.  With that said, my opinions on race remain the same, it's just that I try not to bring them up when they are not relevant.  For the most part, I stick with this.  When the topic is brought up, I sometimes share my views, but that's about it.  I do believe that within 25 years, public opinion on political correctness will definitely change and I already sense this shift.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 03:19:13 AM »

what he said!

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 03:25:40 AM »
these over night celebs and athletes who make a quick 5 or 6 mil much of the time end up worse off them joe public as far as money goes

5 million sounds like a lot of money, and it is..............but after lawyers, PR people, agents ...........adn the government gets their cut.........that probably realistically ends up being 2.5 million probably even less...........because the tax rate alone on income like that is almost 50%...........its probably more like 2 mil

so he has 2 mil and says "im rich".........and because of his ego, hey he is a celebrity now...........he starts spending like a celebrity.............bu t the problem is as quickly as he became famous, the public will forget about him.........

so he will spend and spend not realizing that he is only gonna get 2 years of high income............but now he has a mansion, and cars, and his mom has a house............and now he is filing for bankruptcy  

if he were smart, he will squirl it away,.....and open a chain of tanning salons or something turnkey like that...........because hsi fame is gonna be over before you know it

Very accurate. He's not even gonna get 2 mills out of it, probably around 1,5 after all the parasites will have fed on him, not even mentioning the people he'll really need like at least one good tax attorney, a decent manager and a decent PR. It's a lot of money for someone who hasn't really done anything but it's like winning the lotery, it's not a matter of merit, there's hundreds of thousands of idiots like im going to castings, photo shoots and whatever hoping to get that opportunity. Most of them end up working at a pizza place. here's a good chance he will also in about five years. If you don't learn through you work how to manage money it's as good as gone.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 03:41:37 AM »
MattC, I didn't want to quote your posts because of the length. I'm glad to hear that Thomas Sowell is your favorite. He is definitely number one with me and his wisdom far transcends economics. I would be very comfortable turning over the whole world in his hands. I know you are often called a racist but it might behoove your accusers to know that the website you refer to is called JewishWorldReview -- a site I go to daily. And that the great Thomas Sowell is very much Black.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 03:45:58 AM »
wait wait wait...Some of you are praising "the situation" for making money (trust me I'm not knocking him). But yet alot of you bitch and moan and say Kim K is talentless and bitch she is making money. DOUBLE STANDARDS?
Well I think good on them both , who cares what people think they are rich and seem happy.  ;D

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 03:57:34 AM »
Very accurate. He's not even gonna get 2 mills out of it, probably around 1,5 after all the parasites will have fed on him, not even mentioning the people he'll really need like at least one good tax attorney, a decent manager and a decent PR. It's a lot of money for someone who hasn't really done anything but it's like winning the lotery, it's not a matter of merit, there's hundreds of thousands of idiots like im going to castings, photo shoots and whatever hoping to get that opportunity. Most of them end up working at a pizza place. here's a good chance he will also in about five years. If you don't learn through you work how to manage money it's as good as gone.

whats funny, like the guy mentioned above, is the little shit amount "the situation" will end up getting..............com pared to how much dough he is raking in for MTV viacom

that show he is on like single handedly turned MTV/viacom around last year, they were in the dumps...........he is making them hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars

HUNDREDS of millions..........yet he is gonna get a pathetic 60k an episode or whatever

thats why these execs love reality TV, there is zero overhead, the "talent" works for peanuts..............and the execs make all profit

the  jersey shore will have carried the company for the better part of two years, but when its over after next season or whenever the inevitable end is..........they will not even return his calls

scumbag tv execs

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 04:19:05 AM »
::)

Who are these people? They appear to come from a more innocent generation. A generation where oral sex wasn't considered 3rd base and getting your rectum penetrated was reserved for the very few and kinky.

Bah, what am I thinking? Those three guys were probably all homos and porking each other on a daily basis and gang banging and ending with a bukake cream pie on the wholesome looking little girl.

I hate myself. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 04:28:36 AM »
Who are these people? They appear to come from a more innocent generation. A generation where oral sex wasn't considered 3rd base and getting your rectum penetrated was reserved for the very few and kinky.

Bah, what am I thinking? Those three guys were probably all homos and porking each other on a daily basis and gang banging and ending with a bukake cream pie on the wholesome looking little girl.

I hate myself. 
I believe the guy to the right is "Giraffe neck guy", it's a running joke on here from back in the day. Dude can't hid his giraffe neck...

As far as Mike The Situation, how long will it be before he blows his money and MTV and VH1 do a exclusive "Where are they now?", and blows up in weight like Kevin Federline did...

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 04:34:53 AM »
I believe the guy to the right is "Giraffe neck guy", it's a running joke on here from back in the day. Dude can't hid his giraffe neck...

As far as Mike The Situation, how long will it be before he blows his money and MTV and VH1 do a exclusive "Where are they now?", and blows up in weight like Kevin Federline did...

isnt that "the situation" in that picture?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 04:36:00 AM »

LOL @ Giraffe neck guy. I didn't notice it before. I'm also finding myself becoming strangely attracted to the teen girl the more I look at her.

I hate myself even more.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 04:43:06 AM »
this is the best getbig thread I've read in some time...quality stuff hear boys keep up the good work....
DAWG

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 05:15:24 AM »

I concur.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 05:37:43 AM »

wait 2-3 years.by that time will have stared in:

1. celebrity rehab
2. where are they now?
3. a "secretly taped and leaked' sex tape.
4. "See this whore get slapped around and spit on" staring Jwow from jersey shore..a straight to DVD "movie"
I