Author Topic: Olympia Athletes on ESPN2 SportsNation on 08-25-10  (Read 12965 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Olympia Athletes on ESPN2 SportsNation on 08-25-10
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:45:01 PM »
With the 2010 Mr. Olympia, the biggest bodybuilding spectacular on the planet, speeding toward us at warped speed, “The Worldwide Leader in Sports” has taken notice.

On Wednesday at 4 p.m. EST, ESPN2′s SportsNation will showcase the IFBB Pro League’s elite — Phil Heath, Dexter Jackson, Kai Greene, Hidetada Yamagishi and Dennis Wolf — as they discuss NFL football and, of course, the 2010 Mr. Olympia on September 24-25. It’s an incredible opportunity for the sport of bodybuilding to reach a broader audience while offering a handful of the finest pros in the game a well-deserved spotlight on national TV.

Said Heath, “I have a chance to be recognized as a top bodybuilder by ESPN, and it’s definitely a moment I’ll never forget. I’m very excited to represent the IFBB Pro League and its fans in something that hasn’t been done in more than a decade. I’d like to thank FLEX, Muscle & Fitness and ESPN for making this Big Kid’s dream come true!”

Added Jackson, “It’s awesome, man. I can’t even tell you how cool this feels. I’m a sports fanatic, so anything we talk about, I’m down. I’m ready to rock!”

WHAT: 2010 Mr. Olympia’s elite on ESPN2′s SportsNation
WHEN: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 4 p.m. EST
WHO: Dexter Jackson, Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Hidetada Yamagishi and Dennis Wolf

Thanks to Flexonline.com for the information

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Olympia Athletes on ESPN2 SportsNation on 08-25-10
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:45:37 PM »
very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 09:49:07 PM »
This should be interesting. The response from the average laymen who doesn't follow bodybuilding is surely going to be negative  :-\ :-\
X

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »
This should be interesting. The response from the average laymen who doesn't follow bodybuilding is surely going to be negative

Or quite positive depending on how they portray it.  I, for one, is very interested to see how national sports television showcases it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 09:53:24 PM »
I bet the Mayor of Bodybuilding is creaming his pants over this one:

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 09:55:26 PM »

Or quite positive depending on how they portray it.  I, for one, is very interested to see how national sports television showcases it.

99% of the comments will be negative. Every laymen says the same thing about bodybuilding. 2 most popular responses: "ewww that is gross" and "why would anyone want to look like that."
X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:24:31 PM »
That is so cool!  Congrats to everyone!

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 10:41:29 PM »
99% of the comments will be negative. Every laymen says the same thing about bodybuilding. 2 most popular responses: "ewww that is gross" and "why would anyone want to look like that."

Not true. It really depends. Dex and Heath are cool as shit, in street clothes they will get major props and I know they know sports pretty well football especially. It could be pretty fucking tits to be honest. Time will tell. kai and wolf were bad picks. IF these guys aren't in thongs it will be positive.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 10:42:50 PM »

He is a really really really weird guy. Does anyone have some kind of background info on the guy? Surely he didn't just pop up out of nowhere and have all this md.com respect.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 10:46:20 PM »
i hope kai doesn't go into some intellectual rant to make himself appear  more intelligent than he actually is like he does in he md videos. hopefully he will just set there and be quiet for once
irongearco.com

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 10:48:37 PM »
Not true. It really depends. Dex and Heath are cool as shit, in street clothes they will get major props and I know they know sports pretty well football especially. It could be pretty fucking tits to be honest. Time will tell. kai and wolf were bad picks. IF these guys aren't in thongs it will be positive.

I am sure they are cool guys, etc. However, oiled up men in thongs is the main factor of bodybuilding. People might think they look good in street clothes, but once they seem them in a thong on stage, watch their faces cringe  :-\
X

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 10:53:44 PM »
I am sure they are cool guys, etc. However, oiled up men in thongs is the main factor of bodybuilding. People might think they look good in street clothes, but once they seem them in a thong on stage, watch their faces cringe  :-\

Bbing really needs to take emphasis off the comps and more on training and diet type knowledge. I agree with you, posing is pretty damn gay. if we could somehow make it less gay it might get more popular. suggestions?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 10:57:37 PM »
i hope kai doesn't go into some intellectual rant to make himself appear  more intelligent than he actually is like he does in he md videos. hopefully he will just set there and be quiet for once

Agree. His long-winded, pseudo-intellectual way of talking / answering questions is lame and annoying. Hopefully, he doesn't do his stripper's routine wearing some ridiculous costume that looks retarded every single time.

Phil Heath is well spoken and sharp, and should do a good job making bodybuilding look cool. Plus, he looks cartoonish with his arms and has no gut, which goes down better with the public.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 11:00:31 PM »
Bbing really needs to take emphasis off the comps and more on training and diet type knowledge. I agree with you, posing is pretty damn gay. if we could somehow make it less gay it might get more popular. suggestions?

As long as they wear thongs, its all downhill. No laymen is going to be able to sit through a bodybuilding contest without cringing or laughing. Hell, most people on this board can't, let alone the ordinary laymen.

Buts its weird because in the 60's and 70s I don't think there was this much stigma against bodybuilding by the general public. I mean, they sort of wore thongs during that era as well.

I also don't see bodybuilders really having distinct personalities. To me, they are all the same  :-\ Perhaps if people could relate more to the bodybuilder, this would bolster peoples interests. In my opinion, I think a lot of people can relate to sport stars. Perhaps they feel a connection. When a baseball team wins a championship, you feel a unification with the team and other fans (not me because I don't watch sport. but I am sure others do). You don't get this in bodybuilding. Too selfish of a sport.
X

owner76

• Getbig II
  • Long Time Lurker
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 02:53:43 AM »
They should discuss Greene and the grapefruit, really give the kids out there something to look up to, that they can make something out of their life if they just try hard, or pork fruit products  ::)    ::)
BODYBUILDING IS GAY

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 03:29:33 AM »

upon reading the news "the mayor" stripped down to a pair of thigh-high pantyhose, went down to his sub-basement, and hacked the arm off of one of the young homeless transients he keeps chained down there as "companions"......he went on to paint his torso with the pooling blood.

as for the actual bodybuilders on espn 2, they really just want to humiliate someone about steroid use in the shadow of the current climate with lance armstrong and roger clemens.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 04:07:41 AM »

what a fucking dickhead.

bigmike99

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 06:06:31 AM »

as for the actual bodybuilders on espn 2, they really just want to humiliate someone about steroid use in the shadow of the current climate with lance armstrong and roger clemens.
[/quote]

Spot on.  Also they will more than likely edit the piece to make them look like bigger fools than they already are.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 06:09:13 AM »
This should be interesting cause you know those juice questions are coming...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 06:10:14 AM »
Anyone wanna bet a $20 they bring up Heath's basketball background?

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 06:12:37 AM »

LMFAO! ;D

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 06:14:11 AM »
"Olympia Athletes"???? Who the fuck would that be?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 06:44:53 AM »
"Olympia Athletes"???? Who the fuck would that be?

Bastard you me to it!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 08:03:27 AM »
I want to hit Michelle, the host of sportsnation.

Anyways.  They will bring them on during their toss up round where they pick certain topics and guess which ones the biggest percentage of fans chose.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 09:27:29 AM »
I expect Phil will do most of the talking