Author Topic: Kaz stories  (Read 49627 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Kaz stories
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2005, 03:14:54 PM »
You know whats funny is never in my entire life has anyone ever said I had small legs.  They just always said how big I was.  It is funny too when I would ask people how much I weighed most of them would say about 250 or 160.  When I told them I weighed 300 they couldn't believe it.  This pic right here was taken in Ft. Worth at Billy Bobs at an event I flew in for.  They were promoting me as the California Kid and weighing 300 lbs.  At the weigh-ins were all these people and newspaper people.  I stepped on the scale and I weighed 299.  My manager at the time was so pissed at me.  He promted me weighing 300 and he was pissed at me. 

This event was awesome.  There was about 8,000 people there screaming their heads off.  I couldn't even hear the ref so go.  I just felt his hands lift.  It was so much fun.  Billy Bobs is definitely a place I would reccommend to go.  CHeck out the gift shop my pic should be hanging in there.  That was probably the most people to see an armwrestling event I been in except for the Nationals in San Diego.

Now I am trying to get back down to that weight.  Hopefully close by the end of the year.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2005, 04:14:30 PM »
You know whats funny is never in my entire life has anyone ever said I had small legs.  They just always said how big I was.  It is funny too when I would ask people how much I weighed most of them would say about 250 or 160.  When I told them I weighed 300 they couldn't believe it.  This pic right here was taken in Ft. Worth at Billy Bobs at an event I flew in for.  They were promoting me as the California Kid and weighing 300 lbs.  At the weigh-ins were all these people and newspaper people.  I stepped on the scale and I weighed 299.  My manager at the time was so pissed at me.  He promted me weighing 300 and he was pissed at me. 

This event was awesome.  There was about 8,000 people there screaming their heads off.  I couldn't even hear the ref so go.  I just felt his hands lift.  It was so much fun.  Billy Bobs is definitely a place I would reccommend to go.  CHeck out the gift shop my pic should be hanging in there.  That was probably the most people to see an armwrestling event I been in except for the Nationals in San Diego.

Now I am trying to get back down to that weight.  Hopefully close by the end of the year.

I've been country dancing at Billy Bob's (my ex and her girlfriend dragged me there).  It was probably about '91 or '92.  The place was huge.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2005, 05:11:03 PM »
So did Stallone take your hat turned backward trick?

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2005, 05:53:56 PM »

Real nice Only! whos that little squirt your picking on?
X

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2005, 08:11:53 PM »
Actually Stallone did get that from me.  I thnk her name was Judy Peterson who at the time was Marketign Director for Cannon Films.  I met her one day in her office.  I also met at that time the guy who wrote Good Guys Wear Black I think that was it.  It was a famous book and even though I didn't who he was at the time I later found out he was pretty famous.  Anyway, she told me about the meeting they had regarding the movie and product placement.  A thing not many people know but my friend who was in charge of marketing the film and also my partner in the IAC raised over $40 million dollars in product placement money for that movie.  INcluding $5 million from Brut by Faberge.  ANyway she told me how everyone like what I did with the hat and what I said one time in an interview so they stuck it in the movie.  Thiswas after I got fired off the film too.  I shoud have sued him.

That guy in the pic I don't know.  He was from Texas and I guess he was famous for breaking arms.  He would stand over them and laugh.  He did that just before me and it pissed me off.  I swear it was so loud in there.  And after he was pinned and he grabbed his arm you could hear a pin drop.  I should have laughed at him

Another thing that happened at that event was we were shooting some off footage for a promo piece.  Someone knocked over a light stand and it fell right on top of this lady.  The promoter my partner Marvin looked at me like oh shit here comes a lawsuit.  Well he jumps down and grabs this girl takes her outside and gave her $5,000 in cash.  5 minutes  he comes up on stage and says how much he loves Billy Bobs and Texas and throws $10,000 out into the audience.  The place went crazy.  I asked him what he was doing and he told me he needed to get everyones mind off the accident.  And it worked.  We also promoted that Stallone was going to show up to the event.  There were thousands outside the entrance of this place as we drove up in the limos .  They were waiting for Sly.  I was in the first limo.  SO I get out and am standing with a couple of other guys.  Well here comes the limo with Sly in it.  Everryone starts going crazy. The door opens and he quickly waves and then darts inside.  The place wasn't open yet.  SO we are in there by ourselves.  So then in about an hour or so the doors open and everyone is looking for Sly.  Marvin ends upo telling everyone he had to leave all of a sudden on an emergency and left out the side door. 

The funny thing is that it really wasn't Sly it was a lookalike he hired.  This guy looked allot like SLy and at a quick glance he really did.  SO everyone thought it was him but it wasn't.  I wonder how many took pictures had them developed and looked closely at them and saw he was a fake.  That was funny.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2005, 05:45:59 AM »
Hard to believe that the little guy in the picture was known for breaking arms. It was kinda gross when Magnus Samulson broke that big aussies arm in WSM a bunch of years back.

Only,

Who was that big cat that played "Bull" in Over The Top??
X

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2005, 08:12:36 AM »
Hard to believe that the little guy in the picture was known for breaking arms. It was kinda gross when Magnus Samulson broke that big aussies arm in WSM a bunch of years back.

Only,

Who was that big cat that played "Bull" in Over The Top??

Rick Zumwalt...he passed away a few years ago :-[

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2005, 11:35:52 AM »
Lord there is a thread on the General Topics board about Over The Top.  I talk about Rick and the part Bull Hurley.  And the guy in the pic with me wegihed abour 260.  He was an older guy too.  It is those guys with the experience you have to watch out for.  I have to scan a pic of me and Rick when I am pinning him in a tournament.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2005, 11:20:11 PM »
Here are a couple pics.  One of me beating Rick and the other from the movie.  As you can see Ihave Vuarnet everything on.  They were my major sponsor but they wouldn't pay tghe $150,000 minimum fee for product placement in the movie.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2005, 12:33:34 AM »
Here is a pic of Kaz tied to the front of my Bronco and he is holding a rope tied to the back of the TV crews van.  He is holding it while they floor it and he is making the back tires spin.  I am in the truck with it in reverse and my front on the brake in case we move

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2005, 05:08:30 AM »
Here is a pic of Kaz tied to the front of my Bronco and he is holding a rope tied to the back of the TV crews van.  He is holding it while they floor it and he is making the back tires spin.  I am in the truck with it in reverse and my front on the brake in case we move

Thats cool as hell Only! I try and make a regular practice of trying to hold back moving cars ;D. I'll check that info on Over the Top out on the General topics board. Thanks!
X

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2005, 08:07:04 AM »
Cool picture of Kaz....that man is crazy

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2005, 09:33:39 AM »
you and Rick both look huge in those pics.

Monkeypower

« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2005, 03:36:16 PM »
did you and kaz ever arm wrestle?

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2005, 06:57:10 PM »
either he is insane strong, or has a wicked case of syphillus

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2005, 07:36:23 PM »
cool pics onlyme...in the second one you can see Rick in the background as well...I can't see yours in the pic but his forearm looks MASSIVE :o

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2005, 08:29:03 PM »
did you and kaz ever arm wrestle?

No me and never armwrestled for real.  We screwed around once.  He did wrestle I heard in New York but lost his first two matches.  I respect Kaz more than anything.  I am not sure I would want to armwrestle especially back then cause he is a god to way more people and I wouldn't want to do anything to screw with that.  If we were ever to seriously compete in an actual compettion back when I was competing I don't think he could have beat me.  I would have definitely put everyting I had into it.  He has massive hands and his brachialradialis(?) is one of the biggest I have ever seen and I thought I had a huge one.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2005, 03:59:47 AM »
The first pic is the start of the match with me and Rick.  The second pic is me emceeing the World Record Breakers.  The lady next to me is some famous powerlifter.  Does anyone recognize her

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2005, 06:11:17 AM »
Sure Onlyme, Thats Rosie the chick that cuts my hair, right?
X

jeemee

« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2005, 06:13:21 AM »
Couple of my pics:

The other guy is Todd Harris.
Here's the video: http://www.mall23.com/images/bill_todd.mpg

Just don't dl it a zillion times or you'll kill my bandwidth  ;)

cool vid bro .... some free advice, you can upload your video here http://www.yousendit.com ..... and up to 25 people can download from the link you get(then you can upload it again) .... its all free ;)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2005, 07:00:07 AM »
Great stories Onlyme!!! you are one big mofo!

here are some old pics of Kaz...

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2005, 04:28:32 PM »
jon pall sigmarsson was very impressive

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2005, 04:29:34 PM »
The same with Magnus ver Magnusson

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2005, 07:47:09 PM »
Hey Onlyme did you ever meet a guy named Joe Ladnier? He was a powerlifting phenom in early to mid 80's then dropped off and is back again...anyways thats my ideal physique for being bulked...he's not tall (5'7" ish) but in 260's)

also did u meet Ryan Kennely at your show? How did he compare size wise to a guy like Kaz?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2005, 08:43:43 PM »
Never met Ladnier but I have seen him on covers and he is awesome  If he was 6' or taller he would the most incredible.  Ryan Kennely to is a big dude.  When I saw him he was weighing I think about 275.  He fluctuates so much.  He is tall, big and built really good for a powerlifter.  He is really a super nice guy too.  Very quiet and very polite.  I like him.  He is as tall as Kaz maybe an ich or so taller mayber.  But not near as thick.  Kaz is just so thick.  I remember him next to me in my Bronco and looking at his arms.  His brachradilalus was just huge.  That was one of my good points too.  I did allot of heavy hammers.