Author Topic: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe  (Read 55142 times)

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe
« Reply #325 on: September 05, 2010, 08:34:04 AM »
And also for Stephen Hawkings to claim that there is no God and that evolution and chance to create anything; this means that there are no such things as laws or boundaries.

This means that there is no such thing as love, no moral code, that we are nothing but animals.

If we are here by chance, why are their laws, why do people know what is right or wrong? Deep inside we have a moral code. We know that if we kill someone, we feel guilt and know it is wrong. We know that sleeping wiht an animla is not natural or committing adultery is wrong..

We are not here by chance.

I know it is wrong to hate black people. How do I know, the Bible told me so... to hate another man because of the color of his skin is wrong.

Stephen Hawkins even though he is intelligent is also blind of the truth.

Maybe if evolution is true, someone should kill this fag. It wold show evolution is true...survival of the fittest just like Hitler preached. But you know what? Evolution is not true because where there is faith, their is love and human kindness and compassion....thats why he lives today event hoguh according to evolution, he should be ddead

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #326 on: September 05, 2010, 08:48:41 AM »
And also for Stephen Hawkings to claim that there is no God and that evolution and chance to create anything; this means that there are no such things as laws or boundaries.

This means that there is no such thing as love, no moral code, that we are nothing but animals.

If we are here by chance, why are their laws, why do people know what is right or wrong? Deep inside we have a moral code. We know that if we kill someone, we feel guilt and know it is wrong. We know that sleeping wiht an animla is not natural or committing adultery is wrong..

I know it is wrong to hate black people. How do I know, the Bible told me so... to hate another man because of the color of his skin is wrong.

Maybe if evolution is true, someone should kill this fag. It wold show evolution is true...survival of the fittest just like Hitler preached. But you know what? Evolution is not true because where there is faith, their is love and human kindness and compassion....thats why he lives today event hoguh according to evolution, he should be ddead

why don't you post under your real account?  :D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #327 on: September 05, 2010, 09:06:28 AM »
why don't you post under your real account?  :D

MAXX NO!!  LOOKOUT!!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: September 05, 2010, 09:43:41 AM »
beachboy, you have a basic understanding but not complete.

1st. No where in the bible does Jesus equate equal power to his Father almighty GOD.  Yes they are one in purpose and harmony the same way you and i may root for the same football team at the sports bar.....camaraderie,same goals etc.

2nd. People wanted to worship Jesus as a child but what did he say as he beacame a man.....Luke 4:8  He resented even being called Good teacher as it took credit from his father....Matt 10:18

3rd. Yes he is the Word of God as he represents GODS purpose for mankind but you misquote that he was not God...but a god. different.

4th. Yes Jesus was created directly By ALMIGHTY GOD thus his firstborn creation. And then thru his fathers power Jesus created all things after. Col 1:15,  Isaiah 44:6

Those that believe in the complex idea of the trinity are making it hard for themselves.  If you use the bible as a whole you can see they are 2 persons that have love for humankind and want the suffering to end. (which it will soon at armageddon) The 3rd entity is simply the holy spirit but it doesnt exist on its own as it is GODS powerful force to make things happen.....its not a person.

Im off to the gym. take care.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: September 05, 2010, 10:28:13 AM »
LOL yea ok guys. We're all just here by "mistake"  ::) ::)
you for sure are.

now on a serious note, there is nothing such as a mistake or even sucess. These are all concepts built by the human mind. Mistake, failures = death to animals, sucess = survival. It  sounds quite different for us humans but basically it means the same thing. Everytime you fail you feel very bad cause you know it means you re not able to survive somehow, when others do.

Instinct of survival underlies EVERYTHING. Our whole intelligence exists for the purpose to execute what our instinct of survival tells us to do. The frontal lobes of the human are only here to allow him to anticipate , project himself into the future, understand things that will allow him to have better chances of survival.

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #330 on: September 05, 2010, 11:14:35 AM »
beachboy, you have a basic understanding but not complete.

1st. No where in the bible does Jesus equate equal power to his Father almighty GOD.  Yes they are one in purpose and harmony the same way you and i may root for the same football team at the sports bar.....camaraderie,same goals etc.

2nd. People wanted to worship Jesus as a child but what did he say as he beacame a man.....Luke 4:8  He resented even being called Good teacher as it took credit from his father....Matt 10:18

3rd. Yes he is the Word of God as he represents GODS purpose for mankind but you misquote that he was not God...but a god. different.

4th. Yes Jesus was created directly By ALMIGHTY GOD thus his firstborn creation. And then thru his fathers power Jesus created all things after. Col 1:15,  Isaiah 44:6

Those that believe in the complex idea of the trinity are making it hard for themselves.  If you use the bible as a whole you can see they are 2 persons that have love for humankind and want the suffering to end. (which it will soon at armageddon) The 3rd entity is simply the holy spirit but it doesnt exist on its own as it is GODS powerful force to make things happen.....its not a person.

Im off to the gym. take care.

War-Horse, you have a basic understanding, but very off and not complete and you are taking many things out of context! You saying that Jesus was a god not God is blasphemy. According to the 10 commandments , it says that you are to have no other gods because the Lord thy God is a jealous God. But yet wait, you say he is a god.

Jesus did in fact claimed to be God. Thats why his people the jews tried to stone him on many different occassions.

Is Jesus God? He said he was equal to God.

"Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad." The people said, "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?" Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!" At that point they picked up stones to throw at him. But Jesus was hidden from them and left the Temple.4

"The Father and I are one." Once again the people picked up stones to kill him. Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?" They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."5

Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!" Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied." Jesus replied, "Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?"8

Others were convinced that Jesus was God:
Paul: "Christ is the visible image of the invisible God."1
John: "He existed in the beginning with God."2
Peter: "you must worship Christ as Lord of your life."3

If the disciples knew who Jesus really was, why dont you? Because you are not a true disciple and you do not knwo who the real Jesus is. Jesus is God in human form. God put himself in a man;s body and died for us to pay the ultimate price. God  came down in human form and lived among us without sin so he can be sin so he can give us everlasting life

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #331 on: September 05, 2010, 11:20:51 AM »
More proof that jesus is God:

This Messiah would be born a human son, but have a higher nature
Isaiah 9:6: “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

This was a radical statement coming from a monotheistic Jewish prophet -- especially calling a human being “Mighty God”; but one that God fulfilled centuries later in Christ.

Thomas’ response to the resurrected Jesus
John 20:27-29: “Then He said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.’ Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’ Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’"

This disciple realized, because of Jesus’ resurrection, who Jesus really was -- and humbly worshiped Him and declared His true identity: “My Lord and my God!” Jesus not only accepts this declaration, but blesses all of the disciples -- and all of us today -- who come to the same realization and place of humble worship.

Jesus accepted worship from His disciples
Matthew 14:32-33: “And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, ‘Truly you are the Son of God.’”

In a Jewish culture, only the one true God can be worshiped; their actions show that they acknowledged Jesus as being divine. And Jesus didn’t correct them or say, “Don’t you realize that I’m just a mortal prophet? Stop worshiping me!” Rather, He accepted their worship, knowing He really was God in human flesh.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #332 on: September 05, 2010, 11:25:47 AM »
There is zero point in debating about God on Getbig.  It's about as pointless as insisting that I lift a mountain with my mind.

I have never seen a non-believer become a believer or a believer become a non-believer within a Getbig "debate God" thread.  We have some good minds on Getbig (both for and against God), but I've never seen anyone persuaded to change their belief systems.  At best these threads leave both parties with questions that they can seek out answers for on their own, but otherwise it's pointless.  Most believers present extremely weak, unsupported, faith-based arguments that do nothing to assist the non-believer and most non-believers are so entrenched in man-made ideology that they could speak with Christ himself and not be satisfied....these debates never, ever work within the thread.  I took the argument offline, read a numbers of books, educated myself and strengthened my faith in the process.  That was the only benefit of these types of threads.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #333 on: September 05, 2010, 11:29:09 AM »

theres so much wrong with this post you dont even know were to start..haha...
DAWG

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: September 05, 2010, 11:29:31 AM »
More proof that jesus is God:

This Messiah would be born a human son, but have a higher nature
Isaiah 9:6: “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

This was a radical statement coming from a monotheistic Jewish prophet -- especially calling a human being “Mighty God”; but one that God fulfilled centuries later in Christ.

Thomas’ response to the resurrected Jesus
John 20:27-29: “Then He said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.’ Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’ Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’"

This disciple realized, because of Jesus’ resurrection, who Jesus really was -- and humbly worshiped Him and declared His true identity: “My Lord and my God!” Jesus not only accepts this declaration, but blesses all of the disciples -- and all of us today -- who come to the same realization and place of humble worship.

Jesus accepted worship from His disciples
Matthew 14:32-33: “And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, ‘Truly you are the Son of God.’”

In a Jewish culture, only the one true God can be worshiped; their actions show that they acknowledged Jesus as being divine. And Jesus didn’t correct them or say, “Don’t you realize that I’m just a mortal prophet? Stop worshiping me!” Rather, He accepted their worship, knowing He really was God in human flesh.

I respect your posts and I'm a believer, but the problem is most Getbig nonbelievers care nothing for the bible and find no value in what it says....they'll dismiss your words the moment they read them.  Although, hopefully your posts will stimulate a desire for a nonbeliever to pursue questions of salvation and faith offline in meaningful way.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #335 on: September 05, 2010, 11:31:21 AM »
most scientists are atheists thats already saying enough.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #336 on: September 05, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »
I have never seen a non-believer become a believer or a believer become a non-believer within a Getbig "debate God" thread.  We have some good minds on Getbig (both for and against God), but I've never seen anyone persuaded to change their belief systems.  At best these threads leave both parties with questions that they can seek out answers for on their own, but otherwise it's pointless.  Most believers present extremely weak, unsupported, faith-based arguments that do nothing to assist the non-believer and most non-believers are so entrenched in man-made ideology that they could speak with Christ himself and not be satisfied....these debates never, ever work within the thread.  I took the argument offline, read a numbers of books, educated myself and strengthened my faith in the process.  That was the only benefit of these types of threads.

Are you saying you come to Getbig purely to look at pic after pic of men in thongs, like most of us straight guys, MOS?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: September 05, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »
Bit of advice when presenting salvation and faith to a nonbeliever:  under no circumstances should you insult them.  Even if they poke and prod and do nothing but put you down and attempt to make you angry......never, ever retaliate.  Present what you understand as best as you can, offer to take matters into a private chat with them if they have interest, but never insult or tell them they are wrong.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: September 05, 2010, 11:35:25 AM »
Are you saying you come to Getbig purely to look at pic after pic of men in thongs, like most of us straight guys, MOS?

Exactly big K.......muscle poses in glitter thongs.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: September 05, 2010, 11:38:10 AM »

True, but you'd be amazed at the number of scientists who were once atheists and became believers.  So many became atheists because of Darwin's early work, but their own modern research has unexpectedly led them to the idea of an intelligent designer.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #340 on: September 05, 2010, 11:41:11 AM »
True, but you'd be amazed at the number of scientists who were once atheists and became believers.  So many became atheists because of Darwin's early work, but their own modern research has unexpectedly led them to the idea of an intelligent designer.

What is the number?  I'm interested in becoming amazed.
Y

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #341 on: September 05, 2010, 11:41:46 AM »
I respect your posts and I'm a believer, but the problem is most Getbig nonbelievers care nothing for the bible and find no value in what it says....they'll dismiss your words the moment they read them.  Although, hopefully your posts will stimulate a desire for a nonbeliever to pursue questions of salvation and faith offline in meaningful way.

Im glad you are a believer. I guess I tried to plant a seed the best I could.

Im not perfect. I hold racist views and Im trying to change it but it is so hard when I see so many hypocrites and so many crimes being perpetrated by the black community. IE black males fathering so many illegitimate kids as well as fathering so many mixed kids that they dont even take care of. People glorifying rap music with its approval of sleeping with your best friends girl and slapping hoes and such! Black men stealing peoples cars and stealing what isnt theres. I contribute a lot of the crimes to black people

Trust me, I am trying to change my racist point of views but it is so hard

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #342 on: September 05, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »
Bit of advice when presenting salvation and faith to a nonbeliever:  under no circumstances should you insult them.  Even if they poke and prod and do nothing but put you down and attempt to make you angry......never, ever retaliate.  Present what you understand as best as you can, offer to take matters into a private chat with them if they have interest, but never insult or tell them they are wrong.
why not?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #343 on: September 05, 2010, 11:44:48 AM »

Im not perfect. I hold racist views and Im trying to change it but it is so hard when I see so many hypocrites and so many crimes being perpetrated by the black community. IE black males fathering so many illegitimate kids as well as fathering so many mixed kids that they dont even take care of. People glorifying rap music with its approval of sleeping with your best friends girl and slapping hoes and such! Black men stealing peoples cars and stealing what isnt theres. I contribute a lot of the crimes to black people

Trust me, I am trying to change my racist point of views but it is so hard
how can you be racist when you're black? ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #344 on: September 05, 2010, 11:46:53 AM »

How so?  At various times, many "scientists" believed many things that turned out to be false.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: September 05, 2010, 11:49:23 AM »

Honestly, that's all we can do.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #346 on: September 05, 2010, 11:49:46 AM »
How so?  At a point in time "scientists" believed many things that turned out to be false.
scientists created all technology in society not "faith" lol. if it wasn't for scientists you wouldn't be typing on the computer now, you would be sitting in a cave.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #347 on: September 05, 2010, 11:51:28 AM »
scientists created all technology in society not "faith" lol. if it wasn't for scientists you wouldn't be typing on the computer now, you would be sitting in a cave.

And?  That doesn't make every concept they develop a "fact" as many believe.  They are right on some things, wrong on others, just like everybody else. 

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #348 on: September 05, 2010, 11:55:42 AM »

Max, there are so called scientists who were men of faith...Copernicus , Galileo , Newton , Kelvin ..

Einstein never came to believe in a personal god but he recognized the impossibility of a non-created universe. Firmly denying atheism, Einstein expressed a belief in "Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of what exists." This actually motivated his interest in science, as he once remarked to a young physicist: "I want to know how God created this world, I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details." Einstein's famous epithet on the "uncertainty principle" was "God does not play dice" - and to him this was a real statement about a God in whom he believed. A famous saying of his was "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: September 05, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »
why not?

Christ is about love and insults don't support that.