Author Topic: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe  (Read 55036 times)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe
« Reply #400 on: September 05, 2010, 08:21:47 PM »
no up without down, no happyness without suffering. everything is dependant upon its opposite. part of God's brilliance- yin and yang.  shouldnt dissuade you from belief, it should fascinate and amaze

Well, if you follow the christian faith than you would know that the "church" made up "hell" to give a yin to the yang....Grow up and learn that the christians just copied stories already written....and before that there was nothing, but man existed....Why did homosapiens exist with thicker sculls...I guess intelligent man was around but never died and left no proof of their existence...idiots
You Can't Do It!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #401 on: September 05, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
amazing story dude

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #402 on: September 05, 2010, 08:25:39 PM »
Two months ago I came home from work at lunch to take care of my 5 month old daughter that was sick.  My wife had taken the morning shift so she left for work.  I went upstairs, gave my daughter a bottle and put her in crib for a nap.  As I walked downstairs i fell down the last part of the stairs and dislocated my knee and hurt my quad.  I visited a local medclinic and my pirmary doctor over the course of the next two weeks.  I got an MRI of my leg and knee the day of my visit with my primary doctor.  During the MRI procedure my knee dislocated twice.  I sat with the injury for two weeks before seeing an othropedist that told me I needed immediate surgery.  It was revealed that I had torn the tendons that attach my quad to my knee cap and tore my vastus medialis...the MRI didn't fully show this.  I had surgery the day before my birthday and was sent home the day of my birthday.  Two weeks later I was taken by ambulance to our local hospital emergency room for extreme shortness of breathe, sweating and fatigue.  It was revealed that I had developed a blood clot in my leg and the one of the largest blood clots some of the doctors and nurses had ever seen in my lung.  The cardiologist and pulmonoligist on site in the hospital told me and my family that IF I live I'd be in the ICU for 4-6 weeks minimum, and that my chances of surival were extremely touch and go for a long while.  They prepared my family for the worst in private.  My family and friends prayed over me and for me privately for the next couple of days.  I was released from ICU 2.5 days later with the fastest, unexpected, unexplained recovery the doctors had seen.  At this point I'd spent almost 6 weeks in hell.  So, why did God choose to put me through this?  I can't tell you exactly why, but I will tell you that my marriage (which was already solid) was strengthened 10 fold.  My personal faith was strengthened. My wife has recognized a potential in herself she never realeased she had as a woman, wife and mother.  The relationships in my family were strengthened.  I know God led me by the hand and out of the grave I had one foot in.  He's given me a new lease on life and I thank him.  He's taught me to trust in him and I love him for it.  The road hasn't been easy and I'm still on it  He's allowed me and my family to suffer like never before and we've only arrived renewed with our faith strengthened.
Why do you think God cares so much about you but not for 300,000 people that died in the 2004 Tsunami  ???

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #403 on: September 05, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »
Two months ago I came home from work at lunch to take care of my 5 month old daughter that was sick.  My wife had taken the morning shift so she left for work.  I went upstairs, gave my daughter a bottle and put her in crib for a nap.  As I walked downstairs i fell down the last part of the stairs and dislocated my knee and hurt my quad.  I visited a local medclinic and my pirmary doctor over the course of the next two weeks.  I got an MRI of my leg and knee the day of my visit with my primary doctor.  During the MRI procedure my knee dislocated twice.  I sat with the injury for two weeks before seeing an othropedist that told me I needed immediate surgery.  It was revealed that I had torn the tendons that attach my quad to my knee cap and tore my vastus medialis...the MRI didn't fully show this.  I had surgery the day before my birthday and was sent home the day of my birthday.  Two weeks later I was taken by ambulance to our local hospital emergency room for extreme shortness of breathe, sweating and fatigue.  It was revealed that I had developed a blood clot in my leg and the one of the largest blood clots some of the doctors and nurses had ever seen in my lung.  The cardiologist and pulmonoligist on site in the hospital told me and my family that IF I live I'd be in the ICU for 4-6 weeks minimum, and that my chances of surival were extremely touch and go for a long while.  They prepared my family for the worst in private.  My family and friends prayed over me and for me privately for the next couple of days.  I was released from ICU 2.5 days later with the fastest, unexpected, unexplained recovery the doctors had seen.  At this point I'd spent almost 6 weeks in hell.  So, why did God choose to put me through this?  I can't tell you exactly why, but I will tell you that my marriage (which was already solid) was strengthened 10 fold.  My personal faith was strengthened. My wife has recognized a potential in herself she never realeased she had as a woman, wife and mother.  The relationships in my family were strengthened.  I know God led me by the hand and out of the grave I had one foot in.  He's given me a new lease on life and I thank him.  He's taught me to trust in him and I love him for it.  The road hasn't been easy and I'm still on it  He's allowed me and my family to suffer like never before and we've only arrived renewed with our faith strengthened.
I am glad your family made it through it....but how many don't? Why does your God pick and chose?? To teach? I guess he is teaching when the pedifiles rape shildren time and time again...I gueess God "wasn't" around before man knew about written word...Grow  the fuck up..I am happy your found strength in what you believe, but don't cut me down for reality
You Can't Do It!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #404 on: September 05, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »
Why do you think God cares so much about you but not for 300,000 people that died in the 2004 Tsunami  ???
There was a tsunami in 2004?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #405 on: September 05, 2010, 08:32:17 PM »
Taylor Hicks won american idol in 2004... I didn't catch this whole tsunami thing.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #406 on: September 05, 2010, 08:32:38 PM »
There was a tsunami in 2004?

God missed it lol
You Can't Do It!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: September 05, 2010, 08:34:13 PM »
Taylor Hicks won american idol in 2004... I didn't catch this whole tsunami thing.
Is she hot?

God missed it lol
Apparently so did I.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #408 on: September 05, 2010, 08:34:56 PM »
Why do you think God cares so much about you but not for 300,000 people that died in the 2004 Tsunami  ???

I don't know why he allowed me to live....I'm no one special in the world's eyes.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #409 on: September 05, 2010, 08:36:47 PM »
I don't know why he allowed me to live....I'm no one special in the world's eyes.

Nor does any life...Grow up
You Can't Do It!!!

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #410 on: September 05, 2010, 08:36:58 PM »

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #411 on: September 05, 2010, 08:37:11 PM »
Two months ago I came home from work at lunch to take care of my 5 month old daughter that was sick.  My wife had taken the morning shift so she left for work.  I went upstairs, gave my daughter a bottle and put her in crib for a nap.  As I walked downstairs i fell down the last part of the stairs and dislocated my knee and hurt my quad.  I visited a local medclinic and my pirmary doctor over the course of the next two weeks.  I got an MRI of my leg and knee the day of my visit with my primary doctor.  During the MRI procedure my knee dislocated twice.  I sat with the injury for two weeks before seeing an othropedist that told me I needed immediate surgery.  It was revealed that I had torn the tendons that attach my quad to my knee cap and tore my vastus medialis...the MRI didn't fully show this.  I had surgery the day before my birthday and was sent home the day of my birthday.  Two weeks later I was taken by ambulance to our local hospital emergency room for extreme shortness of breathe, sweating and fatigue.  It was revealed that I had developed a blood clot in my leg and the one of the largest blood clots some of the doctors and nurses had ever seen in my lung.  The cardiologist and pulmonoligist on site in the hospital told me and my family that IF I live I'd be in the ICU for 4-6 weeks minimum, and that my chances of surival were extremely touch and go for a long while.  They prepared my family for the worst in private.  My family and friends prayed over me and for me privately for the next couple of days.  I was released from ICU 2.5 days later with the fastest, unexpected, unexplained recovery the doctors had seen.  At this point I'd spent almost 6 weeks in hell.  So, why did God choose to put me through this?  I can't tell you exactly why, but I will tell you that my marriage (which was already solid) was strengthened 10 fold.  My personal faith was strengthened. My wife has recognized a potential in herself she never realeased she had as a woman, wife and mother.  The relationships in my family were strengthened.  I know God led me by the hand and out of the grave I had one foot in.  He's given me a new lease on life and I thank him.  He's taught me to trust in him and I love him for it.  The road hasn't been easy and I'm still on it  He's allowed me and my family to suffer like never before and we've only arrived renewed with our faith strengthened.

Sorry to hear about your near death experience. These types of occurrences happen with people of all religions.
They say there are no atheists in foxholes, but I tend to disagree with this reasoning. Near death experiences and times of unprecedented stress just makes us act even more irrationally. Of course you want a god to save you, who wouldn't?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: September 05, 2010, 08:38:09 PM »
Nor does any life...Grow up

No need to reply to my posts any longer.  FYI ~ This will be the last of yours I respond to.  Have a good night.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #413 on: September 05, 2010, 08:39:26 PM »
Well, if you follow the christian faith than you would know that the "church" made up "hell" to give a yin to the yang....Grow up and learn that the christians just copied stories already written....and before that there was nothing, but man existed....Why did homosapiens exist with thicker sculls...I guess intelligent man was around but never died and left no proof of their existence...idiots
what point are you trying to make exactly ? there can be no good without evil, no happyness without suffering. if god created a world with no tradgedy, no suffering, no pain or sorrow, then no one would have any idea what happyness, love, joy, and pleasure are all about, nor would they be able to enjoy them if they ever got a chance to experience them.  that is what i posted. what you have responded with above doesnt even appear to be directed at me.  how you got into the evolutionary purpouse of a thick skulled homosapien is beyond me.  ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #414 on: September 05, 2010, 08:39:44 PM »
Sorry to hear about your near death experience. These types of occurrences happen with people of all religions.
They say there are no atheists in foxholes, but I tend to disagree with this reasoning. Near death experiences and times of unprecedented stress just makes us act even more irrationally. Of course you want a god to save you, who wouldn't?

The thing is God did save me.   ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #415 on: September 05, 2010, 08:40:05 PM »
Good to hear everything turned out OK MOS, did the doc give any credit to your massive bulging physique and rippling muscles for your speedy recovery?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #416 on: September 05, 2010, 08:42:15 PM »
No need to reply to my posts any longer.  FYI ~ This will be the last of yours I respond to.  Have a good night.

I really don't give a damn lol.....Have fun thinking about your faith and how it has done so much for you....While you are being selfish, think about all those that pray to your god and still die, get raped, sodimized that your god is not stopping.....All powerful
You Can't Do It!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: September 05, 2010, 08:42:28 PM »
Good to hear everything turned out OK MOS, did the doc give any credit to your massive bulging physique and rippling muscles for your speedy recovery?

Actually he said my overall size and weight was making it more difficult for me to recover.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: September 05, 2010, 08:43:44 PM »
Actually he said my overall size and weight was making it more difficult for me to recover.
uh oh, time to slim down to twink status?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #419 on: September 05, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »

And idolization of yourself is a sin in the eyes of god.....But you will tell me it is all for god's benefit....I would like to know how ass
You Can't Do It!!!

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #420 on: September 05, 2010, 08:45:41 PM »
I am glad your family made it through it....but how many don't? Why does your God pick and chose?? To teach? I guess he is teaching when the pedifiles rape shildren time and time again...I gueess God "wasn't" around before man knew about written word...Grow  the fuck up..I am happy your found strength in what you believe, but don't cut me down for reality

God allows bad things to happen but He isnt the one that causes them to happen.

Bad things happen such as rape or murder because of the bad in this world and the free will He gives everyone one of us.

I could choose to kill and hurt everybody but it wasnt God that made it happen...I made it happen.

In the end..because of my choice of doing wrong, God grieves and so does the victims of the family member that I have hurt or destroyed.

It is not God that makes it happen but people...please understand that

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #421 on: September 05, 2010, 08:47:40 PM »
Like so many people, I have struggled with this question as it pertains to my own life and the lives of others. Only by coming to terms over time with something terribly sad in my life have I come to understand the role God plays when human tragedies occur.

I now feel that my God does not send bad things to punish us or test us. In fact, God does not send them at all. Rather I sense that there are powerful forces loose in the world, forces like evil, disease and death.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #422 on: September 05, 2010, 08:48:06 PM »

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: September 05, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »

God grieves .

It is not God that makes it happen but people...

How do you know all this  ???

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #424 on: September 05, 2010, 08:52:20 PM »

Bad things happen such as rape or murder because of the bad in this world and the free will He gives everyone one of us.

I could choose to kill and hurt everybody but it wasnt God that made it happen...I made it happen.

In the end..because of my choice of doing wrong, God grieves and so does the victims of the family member that I have hurt or destroyed.

It is not God that makes it happen but people...please understand that

Haha, you guys are ridiculous on your excuses for the all mighty...If at one point jesus could walk on water and turn water into wine than surely, keeping pedophiles from raping children would be no feat at all...I guess your god lets this happen to just grieve and make man understand his true self. How about making up revelations after going to heaven wasn't enough for christians to practice the religion....
You Can't Do It!!!