Author Topic: new secret to building massive lats inside  (Read 12539 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
new secret to building massive lats inside
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
bench press  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: new secret to building massive lats inside
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »
LMAO so you disagree with everyone else?

perhaps you could post studies and opinions of professionals that the lats dont play a big role in benches?  ;D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 06:35:30 PM »
LMAO so you disagree with everyone else?

perhaps you could post studies and opinions of professionals that the lats dont play a big role in benches?  ;D
nah bro, the coach does the same thing when he knows he's wrong.....some folks just have fragile ego's...

bench

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »
bench press  ;D
OK you wanna push the issues little kid..............

Quote one single post, just one, that anybody said that doing bench press will build lats and I'll leave this thread up.

If not, I bomb this tantrum just like the last one. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:15:16 PM »
OK you wanna push the issues little kid..............

Quote one single post, just one, that anybody said that doing bench press will build lats and I'll leave this thread up.

If not, I bomb this tantrum just like the last one. :)
if thats not what you, or anyone else is saying, then what exactly are you trying to argue with me about then?

yes, weve gone over this a million times, the lats play a very small role, doing some minor ancillary work during bench. just like in every compound movement, a ton of different muscles come into play. but only a few do the actual lifting.  thats the point. and you all agree(d) with that.

::)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 07:34:53 PM »
if thats not what you, or anyone else is saying, then what exactly are you trying to argue with me about then?

yes, weve gone over this a million times, the lats play a very small role, doing some minor ancillary work during bench. just like in every compound movement, a ton of different muscles come into play. but only a few do the actual lifting.  thats the point. and you all agree(d) with that.

I'm not going to quote it again..........your initial statement was that the lats play ZERO involvment in BP, now it's a minor role. FACT of the matter is that anyone with big benchpress numbers will tell you, as Wolfy did (even supplying a link that I doubt you bothered to read) that lats do play an imoprtant part in benching and that strengthening your lats will increase your BP numbers.

Since you don't want to learn from people with actual experience and you want to stare at muscle pics and guess on how things should work, you'll never "get it" and that will be your downfall as a wanna-be bodybuilder.

LOL @ you arguing with a guy that benched over 850lbs and still hits 700........ ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 07:36:57 PM »
calm down candiizzle geez get a grip
w

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 07:38:15 PM »
I'm not going to quote it again..........your initial statement was that the lats play ZERO involvment in BP, now it's a minor role. FACT of the matter is that anyone with big benchpress numbers will tell you, as Wolfy did (even supplying a link that I doubt you bothered to read) that lats do play an imoprtant part in benching and that strengthening your lats will increase your BP numbers.

Since you don't want to learn from people with actual experience and you want to stare at muscle pics and guess on how things should work, you'll never "get it" and that will be your downfall as a wanna-be bodybuilder.

LOL @ you arguing with a guy that benched over 850lbs and still hits 700........ ;D

bro, i think GH15 is going to have to tell him this....cause people like tbombz only believe bullshit artist...

bench

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »
bro, i think GH15 is going to have to tell him this....cause people like tbombz only believe bullshit artist...

bench
I said that yesterday in the other thread I bombed. He's slowly changed his opinion but never admitted he was wrong in the first place.

I'm sure there is a name for what he's got that makes him argue with people with years upon years of experience cause a book said something different.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 07:46:56 PM »
I said that yesterday in the other thread I bombed. He's slowly changed his opinion but never admitted he was wrong in the first place.

I'm sure there is a name for what he's got that makes him argue with people with years upon years of experience cause a book said something different.
oh no way bro...he can get a couple with 405...that makes him a pro or something :D

bench

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 07:49:40 PM »
oh no way bro...he can get a couple with 405...that makes him a pro or something :D

bench
That was squats.....not bench. ;D

Surprising that someone that is such an expert in juicing doesn't have bigger numbers.......bad juice?Lazy lifter? Ahhhhhh inexperienced douche that thinks he knows everything@!!@!!!! ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 07:51:33 PM »
That was squats.....not bench. ;D

Surprising that someone that is such an expert in juicing doesn't have bigger numbers.......bad juice?Lazy lifter? Ahhhhhh inexperienced douche that thinks he knows everything@!!@!!!! ;D
i think i found the condition of his you speak of....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_dependence

bench

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »
If you want a stronger bench, you must get strong triceps, deltoids and lats, not just strong pecs. Of all the assistance work you could do, developing stronger triceps will probably have the greatest impact on your bench press. Work hard on the basics, including various types of heavy extensions and close-grip bench presses (flat and incline).

Strengthening your front delts will also bring major improvements to your bench press. Assistance work for front deltoids should include military presses and all kinds of front raises (dumbbell, barbell, with a 45 lb. plate, etc.).

Your lats are involved in the bench press to a greater degree than you might think. Your lats help you maintain your arch and stabilize your torso. They also help you lower the weight by providing a "cushion" to lower against and push from at the bottom. The best assistance exercises for lats are rows, rows, and more rows! Barbell and dumbbell rows are the best assistance exercises for the bench press because they train the back through the same horizontal plane as the bench press

Still nothing about the lats being built from the bench press... directly. Nada. Zilch. Cero. 0.

Beautiful topic, this.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 10:47:48 PM »
If you want a stronger bench, you must get strong triceps, deltoids and lats, not just strong pecs. Of all the assistance work you could do, developing stronger triceps will probably have the greatest impact on your bench press. Work hard on the basics, including various types of heavy extensions and close-grip bench presses (flat and incline).

Strengthening your front delts will also bring major improvements to your bench press. Assistance work for front deltoids should include military presses and all kinds of front raises (dumbbell, barbell, with a 45 lb. plate, etc.).

Your lats are involved in the bench press to a greater degree than you might think. Your lats help you maintain your arch and stabilize your torso. They also help you lower the weight by providing a "cushion" to lower against and push from at the bottom. The best assistance exercises for lats are rows, rows, and more rows! Barbell and dumbbell rows are the best assistance exercises for the bench press because they train the back through the same horizontal plane as the bench press

Still nothing about the lats being built from the bench press... directly. Nada. Zilch. Cero. 0.

Beautiful topic, this.
tbombz is the only one arguing this.....everybody is saying your back has a lot to do with bench....and he starts saying you cant build a bigger back with bench.........no one has said bench is a lat movement....tbombz just cant wrap his small mind around it...

bench

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 07:24:51 AM »

So if your lats were surgically removed you could still bench pretty well?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »
I def. feel my lats when benching properly.
Would be interesting how big of a back you can build with only bench presses.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 02:35:54 PM »
I def. feel my lats when benching properly.
Would be interesting how big of a back you can build with only bench presses.
LOL dizzle is just being a little kid.

he says that there is zero lat involvement in any type of bench press...even though we have posted studies and quotes from some of the best benchers around including our very own wolfe.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
Every muscle in your body is damn near doing something in everything we do...

ever think of that?

Close your little bitch eyes and tell me: Is there one muscle on your body right now that is doing absolutely nothing at all?

We can argue about how even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 05:03:28 PM »
Every muscle in your body is damn near doing something in everything we do...

ever think of that?

Close your little bitch eyes and tell me: Is there one muscle on your body right now that is doing absolutely nothing at all?

We can argue about how even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
LOL who was this directed at?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
X2
am i suppose to lay down, or stand when i bench press?

bench

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 06:37:20 AM »
So should you avoid working lats the day before or after benching?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 07:26:41 AM »
Only the day before, the day after is OK.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 11:10:43 AM »
let me ask you this: besides the firy first post in the other thread where i said "the lats have zero involvement in any bench".. where else did i ever say that? and right after that, i clarified that i only meant that the lats did zero lifting, and that they were not going to get any real stimulation no matter how heavy or hard you work bench.  the rest of the thread all of you guys tried harping on that original point, totally ignoring the fact that that isnt at all what i meeant, even after me saying in several different posts that YES the lats do a small amount of ancillary work.. just like in every exericse, theres a ton of muscles coming into play. the point is that the bench press is not a lat movement.  and you guys all already agreed with that.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 11:11:31 AM »
no, work out your lats the day before, the day of, or the day after benching. doesnt matter, wont have any negative effect