Author Topic: Things that cause Muslims to commit acts of violence  (Read 4233 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Things that cause Muslims to commit acts of violence
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »
TOLERANCE!  ::)

Bonfire of one man's vanity
Pastor abandons Koran-burning stunt, but too late to stop worldwide fury - and bloodshed

By Stephen Foley and David Usborne
Friday, 10 September 2010SHARE PRINTEMAILTEXT SIZE NORMALLARGEEXTRA LARGE
REUTERS

The fundamentalist pastor who promised to mark the anniversary of the September 11 attacks by burning hundreds of copies of the Koran pulled the plug on his stunt last night, in the face of blanket condemnation from world leaders and a warning from Interpol that Christians around the world were at risk of violent revenge attacks.

As anger mounted against the obscure Florida church, called the Dove World Outreach Centre, Pastor Terry Jones said he was changing his plan, following a meeting with local Muslim leaders.

Earlier, Barack Obama and the Iraqi Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki, had led a chorus of condemnation at the proposed book-burning which only intensified through the day, amid claims that it had already prompted killings in Iraq.

Mr Obama called the stunt "a recruitment bonanza for al-Qa'ida" in a television interview, and the White House made clear that the President was considering a personal call to the renegade preacher to urge him to cancel the event, an appeal that Mr Jones had earlier said he might accept. In the hours before Pastor Jones' statement, though, he had kept the world guessing over whether he would relent.

In the news conference announcing his decision, the pastor claimed that he decided to cancel his protest in exchange for a deal to move a planned Islamic centre and mosque away from New York's Ground Zero. The imam planning the centre, however, quickly denied any such deal.

Mr Jones made his announcement outside his church alongside Imam Muhammad Musri, the president of the Islamic Society of Central Florida. Mr Musri later said there was only an agreement for him and the pastor to travel to New York and meet the imam overseeing plans to build a mosque near Ground Zero. "I told the pastor that I personally believe the mosque should not be there, and I will do everything in my power to make sure it is moved," he said. "But there is not any offer from there that it will be moved. All we have agreed to is a meeting, and I think we would all like to see a peaceful resolution."

But then Mr Jones appeared before reporters again, adamant that he was promised the Islamic centre would be moved, and said he would be, "very, very disappointed" if it were not.

He had been under intense pressure to back off, including a personal call from US Defence Secretary Robert Gates, a visit from the FBI and condemnation from the around the world. The Foreign Secretary, William Hague, said burning the Koran was offensive to those who respect religious freedom. The governments of Indonesia, India and Pakistan, the likes of Hillary Clinton, Tony Blair, and Egyptian President, Hosni Mubarak, also all criticised the plan.

Their calls for the event to be cancelled came as reports emerged from Baghdad of an apparent revenge attack on Iraq's only operating Anglican church, St George's. According to two eyewitnesses, up to four people were killed after gunmen opened fire on guards outside the church, which lies in a compound just outside the comparative safety of the Green Zone.

It has been targeted by extremists before but Canon Andrew White, the British-born vicar of St George's, said he believed that yesterday's attack was directly related to events in Florida. Iraqi authorities had warned of the prospect of such an incident.

"Without a doubt it is linked to Florida," he said by telephone from Baghdad. "The book-burning is huge news in Iraq at the moment. Every newspaper, every television station and radio, they've all been covering it."

Told of the shootings in Baghdad, Mr Jones, the leader of the Florida church, said he was "devastated", but did not acknowledge any responsibility for the shootings.

"This is a terrible act of terrorism," he said. "This should not be justified or tolerated by the world community. It is time for us to join together in the western world, in the Muslim and Christian world, and condemn such acts. We must no longer tolerate or close our eyes to such atrocities."

One Iraqi church member said that he had seen at least two guards killed, although Father White said he had been told that four were dead. Eyewitnesses said that gunmen approached the complex in the late morning and opened fire on a group of guards with automatic rifles.

The attack came as protests around the world began to mount at the planned stunt. As hundreds marched in Pakistan and Afghanistan even before the burning, Interpol issued a global alert warning of the "strong likelihood" of retribution. The US State Department warned its citizens overseas that "the potential for further protests and demonstrations, some of which may turn violent, remains high".

Mr Maliki met US officials and called on President Obama to halt the book-burning. "This ghastly action doesn't fall within free expression and there must be an intervention to stop it," he said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bonfire-of-one-mans-vanity-2075472.html

Fucking animals. Some opportunist burns some books, and they kill a bunch of people who have fuck-all to do with it. What a tolerant and accepting religion.  ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »
I found the gallop poll numbers and the inforamtion that came with it. I think if you read the whole thing , the defintion of "radical" doesnt neccessarly denote a group that will perform acts of violence and those are the numbers I am interested in. There were some other points of interest that I posted here.

Classified as political radicals were those who met the following criteria: 1) they felt the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, were
“completely justified”, and 2) they indicate that they have an “unfavorable” or“very unfavorable” opinion of the United States

political radicals were, on average ,slightly more educated and more affluent than the moderates,

The radicals were more likely to feel that the U.S. invasion of Iraq did more harm than good, less likely to agree that the United States was
serious about supporting democracy in the region, and less likely to trust that the United States will allow people in the region to fashion their own political futures.

Perhaps most telling is the fact that, in response to the open-ended question, “What is your greatest fear?”, the most frequent response among political radicals was “occupation/U.S. domination,”

This sense of Western encroachment seemed to extend beyond political domination to religious and cultural identity. While moderates and radicals both feel that Islam is disrespected by the West (only 16% of moderates, and 12% of political radicals associated “respecting Islamic values” with Western nations), political radicals appear more likely to feel that Islam is not only degraded, but
threatened. Among the radical group, the idea that Western nations should “refrain from interfering or imposing its beliefs and policies” was a common response to the openended question about improving relations with the West, second only to the need for Westerners to “respect Islam.”

Feeling politically and culturally at risk, political radicals are more likely to push for cultural preservation, and to adhere to the idea that “attachment to spiritual and moral values is critical to Arab/Muslim progress” (65% of political radicals with this statement vs. 44% among moderates).

However, it’s important to note that political radicals were also more likely than moderates to say “moving toward greater democracy will help Arab/Muslim societies’ progress.” This sentiment may again confirm their heightened desire for political self-determination. At the
least it indicates that radicals are not predisposed to feel democratic principles contradict Islamic values.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »
Wtf was the point of posting that? You provided less than nothing to support your point of view.

Is your point that only those willing to kill themselves in the name of Islam are radicals-- and that those who supprort Jihad are moderates?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 05:45:22 PM »
Wtf was the point of posting that? You provided less than nothing to support your point of view.

Is your point that only those willing to kill themselves in the name of Islam are radicals-- and that those who supprort Jihad are moderates?

He has no point. He has no clue. He is another moron who regurgitates some stupid talking points without having anything to back them up. Notice that he never actually refutes any of the points anyone makes? He just slings insults like the typical dhimmi.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 05:46:14 PM »

Holy fuck. i totally give up. The ignorance is astounding. This board  has gone to the shits.  

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 05:47:43 PM »
Holy fuck. i totally give up. The ignorance is astounding. This board  has gone to the shits.  

Then fuck off you ignorant retard.

Arguing over percentages is pointless. "Radical" Islam has hijacked the entire religion of Islam. And the "moderates" are either complicit in them doing it or passively supportive of it. Nothing else needs to be said.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 05:55:52 PM »
My ignorance is astounding?

You asked for a source that you were too lazy to find yourself.

I provided you with the source and you copied and pasted something that neither refutes the original figure of 7-8% or provides any insight into the discussion whatsoever. In fact, you didn't even write anything next to the copy and paste portion, so nobody has any clue what the hell you're trying to say. Based on the one sentence you didn't copy and paste, your only intrested in people who would kill others in the name of Islam. I responded by questioning you as to whether supporting violence makes you a radical, or only killing does. A few days ago when you made the feeble attempt to bait me into calling for an Islamic genocide you purposely mischaracterized one of my prior postings and then posed a completely off the wall question to twist my point of view. That failed miserably. Here, I am not twisting anything you said-- I am asking a simple question and you are running away like a pussy.

I'm sure that having no clue what you're talking about makes you think that everyone else is ignorant. Perhaps we could discuss something that you have some knowledge or understanding of and that the rest of us are clueless about. Maybe the board would be less ignorant and easier for you to understand.  ::)

James

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 06:29:52 PM »
Did someone hijack Bindare_Dundat's account?  As I really don't remember him being this ignorant.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2010, 03:33:01 PM »
Holy fuck. i totally give up. The ignorance is astounding. This board  has gone to the shits. 

Buuuumppp.  I'm trying to follow what your saying, but not having much luck.  Please, elaborate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 12:31:41 AM »
  >:(

US troops may face administrative punishment for Koran burnings at US base in Afghanistan

WASHINGTON –  A U.S. military investigation is recommending that as many as seven U.S. troops face administrative punishments, but not criminal charges, in the burning of Korans at a U.S. base in Afghanistan in February, The Associated Press has learned.

U.S. military officials said the classified report and recommendations for disciplinary action against the service members involved were delivered to the Pentagon more than a week ago. They have been turned over to the Army and Navy secretaries. No final decisions have been made.

According to the officials, one Navy service member and as many as six Army soldiers could face nonjudicial disciplinary actions, which can range from a letter in their file to docking their pay or assigning them additional duties.

The lack of any criminal charges is in line with early assertions from military officials that the incident, while regrettable, was a mistake. But it is likely to anger Afghans who were enraged by the burning.

Thousands took to the streets across the country in deadly riots after it happened. More than 30 people were killed in the clashes, including two U.S. troops who were shot by an Afghan soldier and two U.S. military advisers who were gunned down at their desks at the Interior Ministry.

The Korans and other Islamic books were taken from the Parwan Detention Facility, and officials believed that extremists being detained there were using the texts to exchange messages. The religious books and other materials were put in burn bags and then later thrown into a fire pit used to burn garbage at Bagram Air Field, a major U.S. base north of Kabul.

Military officials said the investigating officer in Afghanistan completed the report and recommended the disciplinary actions. The report was approved by Marine Gen. John Allen, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, and forwarded to Pentagon.

U.S. military officials spoke about the report on condition of anonymity because the matter is classified and still under review.

Altogether, two Navy and nine Army service members in Afghanistan were sent back to the United States in conjunction with the Koran burning shortly after it happened. But, based on the investigating officer's report, several would not face any punishments.

U.S. officials have said that the service members did not know what they were throwing into the burn pit and that the books were pulled out by Afghan workers before they were destroyed. President Barack Obama apologized to Afghan President Hamid Karzai for the incident.

Afghan officials, however, have claimed the burning was intentional, and it reinforced perceptions in the country that Americans are insensitive to the Afghans' religion and culture.

A preliminary joint investigation into the matter - done by senior U.S. and Afghan military officials - concluded in early March that while mistakes were made in the burnings, there was no intent to desecrate the Korans or other religious materials.

But it has taken until now for the military to deliver the report and recommended punishments to senior Pentagon leaders for final action.

Typically, the service secretaries review the recommendations, then designate a military commander to take the appropriate action. It could take weeks for the process to unfold and for any final decisions to be made. The military usually does not publicly disclose details of administrative punishments.

Military officials said the Army soldiers are now at Fort Benning, Ga.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/20/us-troops-may-face-administrative-punishment-in-koran-burnings-at-us-base-in/?test=latestnews

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 01:25:37 AM »
  It isn't just all about high profile acts of violence.....it is the violence and ignorance perpetuated daily wherever there is a Muslim majority.  Look at today's armed conflicts and you see a pattern (Iraq, Afghanistan, the splitting of Sudan, the Abu Sayef in the Philippines, Nigeria, Syria, Egypt, Iran, etc......).  Where there is a Muslim majority, ignorance, intolerance and violence follow in its wake.  Beatings, tossing acid in women's faces, roving "religious" police, stonings, and whippings are just occurrences in everyday society.

Only when Islam is wiped out or repressed into a small minority, can those nations who are considered to be Islamic be able to progress in the form of democracy, science, and education. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 02:44:40 AM »
Then fuck off you ignorant retard.

Arguing over percentages is pointless. "Radical" Islam has hijacked the entire religion of Islam. And the "moderates" are either complicit in them doing it or passively supportive of it. Nothing else needs to be said.

Got to agree with this

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 02:45:45 AM »
  It isn't just all about high profile acts of violence.....it is the violence and ignorance perpetuated daily wherever there is a Muslim majority.  Look at today's armed conflicts and you see a pattern (Iraq, Afghanistan, the splitting of Sudan, the Abu Sayef in the Philippines, Nigeria, Syria, Egypt, Iran, etc......).  Where there is a Muslim majority, ignorance, intolerance and violence follow in its wake.  Beatings, tossing acid in women's faces, roving "religious" police, stonings, and whippings are just occurrences in everyday society.

Only when Islam is wiped out or repressed into a small minority, can those nations who are considered to be Islamic be able to progress in the form of democracy, science, and education. 

+1