Author Topic: ok...the new eminem  (Read 9425 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: ok...the new eminem
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2010, 11:32:54 AM »
7 years ago, I was in a band and we were playing  a party.  we kept a beat going musically, and this white kid nate came up on the mic... and he just went person to person in the party - completely dissing every single person... ripping on their shoes, making fun of their drink choice, dogging their girl - and rhyming the whole time.  

I was way more impressed with that, than anyone who deliverd pre-written and rehearsed raps.  This kid just had the whole party laughing nonstop.. ripping on "ya wearing shitty shoes and sippin smirnoff ice, he got an ugly girl but she sure go cook nice"...  Lines like that, it was pretty funny.

What did Nate look like?
I have also heard that about Dre.
Eazy E made a point of pointing it out that he wasnt the straightest tool in the box.
yeah, the lipstick and thong, just kinda sets off alarms, doesn't it. World Class Wrecking Crew...

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2010, 05:27:10 PM »
GREATEST AVATAR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx brudder ;D

One shouldn't have to be smoked out to be impressed. If it don't reach, it don't reach. Reality is I rarely listen to rap, cause the best shit is the undaground shit and mixtapes. The albums that they put out for commercial shit sucks. A mofo can't be angry when he's got millions in the bank, yes he had a fucked up life and chances are his daughter will be a fucked up rich kid. When dad and mom is fucked up, so will the kids...all in all, hip hop is money making vehicle for Record Companies, and they will ride the whore out. Em knows this and plays his part

where are people getting this angry stuff from?sounds like there making alot of assumtions about this record...I think the tone of the recovery album is more in line with humility and redemption...can you or someone else point out why they think this record is angry?secondly all rap sounds better smoked out its a fact of life...
DAWG

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2010, 05:30:30 AM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2010, 05:42:21 AM »
7 years ago, I was in a band and we were playing  a party.  we kept a beat going musically, and this white kid nate came up on the mic... and he just went person to person in the party - completely dissing every single person... ripping on their shoes, making fun of their drink choice, dogging their girl - and rhyming the whole time.  

I was way more impressed with that, than anyone who deliverd pre-written and rehearsed raps.  This kid just had the whole party laughing nonstop.. ripping on "ya wearing shitty shoes and sippin smirnoff ice, he got an ugly girl but she sure go cook nice"...  Lines like that, it was pretty funny.

Nate Dog is black, bro.  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2010, 05:45:05 AM »
is the shit...no wonder this album has been number 1 for like 2 months
He needs Doctor Dre to fix him up.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2010, 06:05:42 AM »
I'll give Eminem credit for using this song by the great Paul Rodgers.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2010, 06:10:24 AM »
i dislike huge commercial music anyway.  these guys are rapping about how miserable their life is and how bad they are being treated by the gov but in the mean time they are attending the same glamourous parties with all these hollywood people as britney spears and lady gaga. very credible ::)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2010, 10:03:40 AM »
Best "White guy sings black music" act on the planet right now:

Deep Tissue Massage

Xecutioner

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2010, 10:39:30 AM »
The 5 minute mark is where you want to start.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2010, 04:00:06 PM »
i dislike huge commercial music anyway.  these guys are rapping about how miserable their life is and how bad they are being treated by the gov but in the mean time they are attending the same glamourous parties with all these hollywood people as britney spears and lady gaga. very credible ::)

like I said above...thats a huge assumption your making (in regards to this album)(and eminem really)...The overall tone of Recovery is one of redemption,humility and second chances nothing you refer to reflects the record (as a whole) that this thread is about...when you make a wide spread generalization you only make yourself look foolish...
DAWG

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2010, 04:27:28 PM »
Nate Dog is black, bro.  ;D

oh i'm well aware of nate dogg... i got the regulate cassingle back in 1990-something.

this kid went as 'contraband'.... nate something.  he was very good.  he could make an entire room full of strangers laugh... almost a comedian at it.  and he did it all live.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2010, 09:43:50 PM »
ehh pac is very overrated.  he didn't become a "great mc" until after his death.  he had a few nice songs but overall his lyrics lacked complexity and his flow was pretty generic.  put him up against some of the truly great mc's like rakim, kool g rap, kane, krs, biggie, nas, big l, and others,  there is really no comparison.

y'all talk flow and who's the best MC of all time and nobody dropped one of these joints? fuckin shame on you.

recognise:

and a shout out to ma nigg@ Biggie. PIP

b

Xecutioner

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2010, 10:48:15 PM »

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2010, 02:16:22 AM »

ICP sucks so bad they make people want to like Eminem,  most retarded fans in the world also.  Stupid fucking juggalos. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »

there's a storm comin that the weather man couldn't predict...
DAWG

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2010, 09:14:53 AM »
Two things-

1) EMM needs to start doing drugs again in a hurry. His music is fucking garbage now and he has become the same cookie cutter pop artist he spent his whole life abusing on records.

2) For anyone in this thread that thinks Pac was overrated, or that his lyrics lacked complexity, you know less than nothing about rap and probably haven't listened to all of his albums ( the ones from when he was alive, not the 200 Makaveli bootlegs that came out afterward). His lyrical complexity is probably just above your heads a little bit. He didn't write rhymes to battle like Canibus. He didn't do these rap battle freestyle type tracks. He was ( before Biggie btw) the first complete rap artist; he could go from club track, to socially concious, to hardcore gangsta shit like nothing-- and all three genres sounded like he made them himself. A lot of his music wasn't written as rap, it was literally written as poetry and then transformed into rap. Theres a big difference between doing what Pac did and going into a to write lyrics for a beat, and then cutting, editing and changing your lyrical content so that it sounds catchy.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2010, 09:23:30 AM »
Two things-

1) EMM needs to start doing drugs again in a hurry. His music is fucking garbage now and he has become the same cookie cutter pop artist he spent his whole life abusing on records.

2) For anyone in this thread that thinks Pac was overrated, or that his lyrics lacked complexity, you know less than nothing about rap and probably haven't listened to all of his albums ( the ones from when he was alive, not the 200 Makaveli bootlegs that came out afterward). His lyrical complexity is probably just above your heads a little bit. He didn't write rhymes to battle like Canibus. He didn't do these rap battle freestyle type tracks. He was ( before Biggie btw) the first complete rap artist; he could go from club track, to socially concious, to hardcore gangsta shit like nothing-- and all three genres sounded like he made them himself. A lot of his music wasn't written as rap, it was literally written as poetry and then transformed into rap. Theres a big difference between doing what Pac did and going into a to write lyrics for a beat, and then cutting, editing and changing your lyrical content so that it sounds catchy.

that has to be the most complete and accurate description of pac i have ever heard

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2010, 05:23:42 PM »
i dont really like the pretzel filled ones anymore  :-\

is anyone getting thirsty?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2010, 05:30:38 PM »
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2010, 05:40:17 PM »
thanx brudder ;D

where are people getting this angry stuff from?sounds like there making alot of assumtions about this record...I think the tone of the recovery album is more in line with humility and redemption...can you or someone else point out why they think this record is angry?secondly all rap sounds better smoked out its a fact of life...
Its in his tone, how he talks, like he has some underlying anger issues, he sounds like a angry muppet...angry that he is a angry muppet...that passive-aggressive type of anger.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2010, 09:16:59 PM »
Its in his tone, how he talks, like he has some underlying anger issues, he sounds like a angry muppet...angry that he is a angry muppet...that passive-aggressive type of anger.

you should be a shrink....the album is an instant classic regardless...
DAWG

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2010, 12:04:17 PM »
Emenim kick Vinny Chase ass

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2010, 12:33:47 PM »
As an artist - he was in his own league, as a rapper - he was/is not..and yes I've heard his discography, lots of crap 2pac songs there.
Yeah, but who gives a fuc khe kicked Vinny Chase ass! Marshall

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2010, 06:32:37 PM »
As an artist - he was in his own league, as a rapper - he was/is not..and yes I've heard his discography, lots of crap 2pac songs there.

Sorry, but even Tupac had to black up his lyrics to make them rhyme....Eminem rarely has to.....
You Can't Do It!!!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2010, 06:39:24 PM »
Yes I was saying how pac is overrated, don't get ur point?

Sorry...X2 then
You Can't Do It!!!