Author Topic: Write that down...  (Read 11479 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Write that down...
« on: September 12, 2010, 05:54:27 PM »
like I said, the Texans win one of the if not the toughest divisions in the league this year the AFC SOUTH!!!!

on a side note, I went to a sports bar and it was standing room only and a pair of steelers fans(husband and wife) went out of their way to get me and my friend seats I mean way out of their way so steelers fans get a break but the steelers themselves still suck major ace  ;)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Write that down...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:15:19 PM »
its one game brosephene.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 02:26:07 PM »
i always give my seat to the handicap :D

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 07:40:19 PM »
its one game brosephene.
actually its more than one game b/c its a win against a divisional team, even if they beat us in the next meeting I doubt it will be by more than we beat them so if we have a tied division record we take the top spot...

body88

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »
actually its more than one game b/c its a win against a divisional team, even if they beat us in the next meeting I doubt it will be by more than we beat them so if we have a tied division record we take the top spot...

The Texans problem last year was lack of a legit running game. The D is nasty, they have the best wr in the NFL and their QB is good enough to win a lot of games.

Manning is a beast. With him there is always a chance. That said, their D is the same old colts D of the last decade. Great early on; then the injuries hit. They already lost Sanders which is a huge blow. They can't stop the run, and back in the day, that was not much of an issue because they could score so many points. Problem is, in todays NFL everyone can score a lot of points.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 08:06:51 PM »
The Texans problem last year was lack of a legit running game. The D is nasty, they have the best wr in the NFL and their QB is good enough to win a lot of games.

Manning is a beast. With him there is always a chance. That said, their D is the same old colts D of the last decade. Great early on; then the injuries hit. They already lost Sanders which is a huge blow. They can't stop the run, and back in the day, that was not much of an issue because they could score so many points. Problem is, in todays NFL everyone can score a lot of points.
I agree on all accounts Im still not sold on foster just yet he had a couple good games last season and one great one this week but he also had fumble problems last season too.

I still wish we would have picked up thomas jones, I think if we had him and foster our running game would be top notch.

body88

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 08:09:05 PM »
I agree on all accounts Im still not sold on foster just yet he had a couple good games last season and one great one this week but he also had fumble problems last season too.

I still wish we would have picked up thomas jones, I think if we had him and foster our running game would be top notch.

Jones would have helped.

You dont need a big time running game. In todays NFL you need a running game that can keep the other team honest, because as you know, this is a passing leauge now.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »

Jones would have helped.

You dont need a big time running game. In todays NFL you need a running game that can keep the other team honest, because as you know, this is a passing leauge now.
I agree but I think it would definitely help, like i said Im not sold on foster just yet...he isnt a 3rd and short back even though we have vonte leach who is a monster and will put ppl on their asses he doesnt have the best hands  ;D

body88

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 08:16:41 PM »
I agree but I think it would definitely help, like i said Im not sold on foster just yet...he isnt a 3rd and short back even though we have vonte leach who is a monster and will put ppl on their asses he doesnt have the best hands  ;D

This is it. Kubiak has the team. If he does not take the division he should be fired.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 08:17:53 PM »
This is it. Kubiak has the team. If he does not take the division he should be fired.
I agree but at the same time I would hate to see us get so close and then turn around and go to a whole new system where we may end up taking 2 steps back  :-\

body88

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »
I agree but at the same time I would hate to see us get so close and then turn around and go to a whole new system where we may end up taking 2 steps back  :-\

Could be the breath of fresh air they need. This system shit is overrated. If you've got the talent, you can win. Look at the colts. They dont do anything fancy, they just do what they do better than most everyone else.

I think that system plays a part, but in the end, its all about execution.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 08:39:23 PM »
like I said, the Texans win one of the if not the toughest divisions in the league this year the AFC SOUTH!!!!

on a side note, I went to a sports bar and it was standing room only and a pair of steelers fans(husband and wife) went out of their way to get me and my friend seats I mean way out of their way so steelers fans get a break but the steelers themselves still suck major ace  ;)

Written down.  And I'm going to bump the fuck out of this thread when it doesn't happen.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 08:44:09 PM »
lol

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 12:41:15 AM »

oh...

didnt know there was only 2 teams in the afc south.

fail.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 06:50:18 AM »

Written down.  And I'm going to bump the fuck out of this thread when it doesn't happen.
lol  :o ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 06:52:14 AM »
oh...

didnt know there was only 2 teams in the afc south.

fail.
for all intents and purposes there are, the jags while a decent team dont have it and the titans while they are better and have johnson dont have it either...

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 09:20:38 AM »
The titans look like a playoff team right now.

houston beat the colts at home without indy's best defensive player.

youre acting like they slaughtered indy at theyre place to take the division lead late in the season.

its going on week 2 ffs.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 09:34:20 AM »
The titans look like a playoff team right now.

houston beat the colts at home without indy's best defensive player.

youre acting like they slaughtered indy at theyre place to take the division lead late in the season.

its going on week 2 ffs.
LMAO the titans look like a playoff team by beating the raiders? but the Texans dont by beating the AFC champs last year?

I agree there is still alot of football left to play but im just making predictions...you have ppl predicting superbowl winners but its odd for me to predict a division winner?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 09:39:54 AM »
the titans mauled the raiders.

since starting vince young last year theyre 8-1.

The texans look equally as good however, the colts have always started slow.

I think youre jumping the gun a little.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 09:49:39 AM »
the titans mauled the raiders.

since starting vince young last year theyre 8-1.

The texans look equally as good however, the colts have always started slow.

I think youre jumping the gun a little.
LOL its the RAIDERS!!!!

Texans always start slow as well  ;)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 09:55:49 AM »
So?

they beat them up like they should have.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 09:58:22 AM »
So?

they beat them up like they should have.
I agree that doesnt make them a playoff team...the Texans beating the defense AFC south champs and the defending AFC champs doesnt makes them a playoff contender?

LOL we will see there is still plenty of football left to drag out you being wrong  ;) ;D :P

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »
yes the texans look good. i said that.

im not ready to hand them the division after week 1.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 10:10:45 AM »
yes the texans look good. i said that.

im not ready to hand them the division after week 1.
LOL but youre ready to hand the titans a playoff birth after seeing them play one of the worst teams in the league?

I believe the titans and Texans were tied for the hardest schedule in the NFL for 2010...we already got a win against a team most thought we would lose to  ;) ;) ;)

we will see

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 10:18:35 AM »
LOL but youre ready to hand the titans a playoff birth after seeing them play one of the worst teams in the league?

yes.