Author Topic: Supreme Court Justice Breyer Open to Banning Koran Burning  (Read 1883 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Supreme Court Justice Breyer Open to Banning Koran Burning
« on: September 14, 2010, 06:20:03 AM »
Supreme Court Justice Breyer Open to Banning Koran Burning
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 | Kristinn

________________________ ________________________ ____________

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer has expressed a willingness to ban protesters from burning the Koran as the modern day equivalent of shouting fire in a crowded theater.

The Supreme Court has ruled burning the American flag in protest is protected speech under the First Amendment of the Constitution.

Breyer spoke to George Stephanopoulos on ABC's Good Morning America today:

But Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer told me on "GMA" that he's not prepared to conclude that -- in the internet age -- the First Amendment condones Koran burning.

“Holmes said it doesn’t mean you can shout 'fire' in a crowded theater,” Breyer told me. “Well, what is it? Why? Because people will be trampled to death. And what is the crowded theater today? What is the being trampled to death?”

Breyer is promoting his new book, Making Our Democracy Work.

Breyer was appointed to the Supreme Court in 1994 by President Bill Clinton.

________________________ _________

more respect for the 1st amendment from the far left.   ::)  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Supreme Court Justice Breyer Open to Banning Koran Burning
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 06:24:52 AM »
So rather than demanding that muslims act like humans, we ban free expression for our citizens? 

I got it.   ::)  ::)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:14:09 AM »
Will never happen. Not unless every other form of speech that might offend someone and cause some sort of violent backlash becomes illegal as well. If that happens, we don't live in America anymore.

Breyer is talking out of his ass and just trying to promote his leftist ideology. By his logic, once Americans start killing protesters who burn flags, flag burning should no longer be protected speech. In addition, nobody in America is getting killed over Koran burning. How the fuck can the Supreme Court of the United States of America regulate speech by private individuals based on what might happen on the other side of the world?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 09:16:45 AM »
Will never happen. Not unless every other form of speech that might offend someone and cause some sort of violent backlash becomes illegal as well. If that happens, we don't live in America anymore.

Breyer is talking out of his ass and just trying to promote his leftist ideology. By his logic, once Americans start killing protesters who burn flags, flag burning should no longer be protected speech. In addition, nobody in America is getting killed over Koran burning. How the fuck can the Supreme Court of the United States of America regulate speech by private individuals based on what might happen on the other side of the world?

Just another example of westerners giving into Sharia Law and fear from threats of intimidation and violence made by Muslim supremacists. What a sad world we live in.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 09:47:35 AM »
our govt should stay the hell outta book burning.

if you buy something, it's YOUR PROPERTY.

I can burn my dictionary, my collection of FLEX magazine, and as long as I don't break any fire marshall standards, it's legal.

Ignore the issue, and it goes away.  This isnt' rocket science.  Stop giving ppl a platform.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 10:02:06 AM »
our govt should stay the hell outta book burning.

if you buy something, it's YOUR PROPERTY.

I can burn my dictionary, my collection of FLEX magazine, and as long as I don't break any fire marshall standards, it's legal.

Ignore the issue, and it goes away.  This isnt' rocket science.  Stop giving ppl a platform.

The far left wants to keep an issue since they typically love the idea of a marriage between Mosque/State

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »
The far left wants to keep an issue since they typically love the idea of a marriage between Mosque/State

no, IMO, BOTH sides like to keep this an issue... cause it makes for a great emotional response, which leads to ratings $$$$$$$$$$$$

Obama's economy mess is the real current story that will affect us, not some silly book burner in FL or community center in NYC.  FOX just as guilty as MSN here.  Stop giving these dingbats any coverage.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 10:04:13 AM »
I hold Obama and the MSM 100% responsible for this. Obama for opening his suckhole and the MSM for using this incident to push their non-existent "growing islamophobia in America" agenda.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 10:10:29 AM »
I hold Obama and the MSM 100% responsible for this. Obama for opening his suckhole and the MSM for using this incident to push their non-existent "growing islamophobia in America" agenda.

yeah, the MSM is to blame here, seriously. 

They're only ramming this story down our throats because it gets ppl all riled up.  Just like that Sherrod/NAACP thing.  Just like that Gates arrest issue.

Shit like that is MEANINGLESS - but Both the left and right wing media covers it like it's the most important story of the century.  It's all about ratings.  And it's not a "LEFT" thing, cause FOX devotes just as much time to these douchebags who have no reason to be in the news in the first place. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 10:13:32 AM »

They're only ramming this story down our throats because it gets ppl all riled up.  Just like that Sherrod/NAACP thing.  Just like that Gates arrest issue.

Shit like that is MEANINGLESS - but Both the left and right wing media covers it like it's the most important story of the century.  It's all about ratings.  And it's not a "LEFT" thing, cause FOX devotes just as much time to these douchebags who have no reason to be in the news in the first place.  

Both sides are covering it but the left is using it to push their "Americans are intolerant, hateful, war-mongering islamophobes who just don't understand radical Muslims" agenda while Fox is doing it because they're ratings-sucking leeches.

Obama opening his suckhole and not putting his foot down on our constitutionally-mandated rights is what opened this particular "is it hate speech" floodgate, though.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 10:15:51 AM »

They're only ramming this story down our throats because it gets ppl all riled up.  Just like that Sherrod/NAACP thing.  Just like that Gates arrest issue.

Shit like that is MEANINGLESS - but Both the left and right wing media covers it like it's the most important story of the century.  It's all about ratings.  And it's not a "LEFT" thing, cause FOX devotes just as much time to these douchebags who have no reason to be in the news in the first place. 

Funny but MSNBC ratings havent gone up by one point in months.If they are doing it for ratings,they are failing.Perhaps they might consider firing the losers on the network to get ratings.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 10:23:29 AM »
Funny but MSNBC ratings havent gone up by one point in months.If they are doing it for ratings,they are failing.Perhaps they might consider firing the losers on the network to get ratings.

MSNBC is unwatachable.  Hannity sucks to but at least he has others on there to argue with him and make it interesting.  Same with BOR and Greta. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 10:59:02 AM »
The difference between burning a Koran and burning the American flag is . . . .? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »
The difference between burning a Koran and burning the American flag is . . . .? 

Obama and left applaud in one instance, and act like the world is coming to an end in the other.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 12:51:26 PM »
Both sides are covering it but the left is using it to push their "Americans are intolerant, hateful, war-mongering islamophobes who just don't understand radical Muslims" agenda while Fox is doing it because they're ratings-sucking leeches.

Right... FOX has zero agenda that has anything to do with hating muslims?

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Come on dude, just admit it... left wants us to let them take over, and right wants us to pick up pitchforks.  They engender hate just as much as the left teaches us to bend over. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 12:54:59 PM »
Right... FOX has zero agenda that has anything to do with hating muslims?

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Come on dude, just admit it... left wants us to let them take over, and right wants us to pick up pitchforks.  They engender hate just as much as the left teaches us to bend over. 

Where did I say or insinuate that? I'm talking about this story and this story only. The leftist news organizations went completely ape-shit over this and haven't shut up about it for days now. Go to CNN's website. Every day there's some new story about the non-existent oppression of Muslims in this country or how Americans are evil, intolerant, xenophobic bigots and so on and so on.

Are you saying the left doesn't engender hate as much as the right does? That's a good joke. The two just go about it in different ways.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 12:57:31 PM »
Obama and left applaud in one instance, and act like the world is coming to an end in the other.   

Pretty hard to reconcile the two (opposing one but not the other).

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 12:59:27 PM »
Pretty hard to reconcile the two (opposing one but not the other).

Not if you're a far-leftist!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 01:00:13 PM »
Where did I say or insinuate that? I'm talking about this story and this story only. The leftist news organizations went completely ape-shit over this and haven't shut up about it for days now. Go to CNN's website. Every day there's some new story about the non-existent oppression of Muslims in this country or how Americans are evil, intolerant, xenophobic bigots and so on and so on.

Are you saying the left doesn't engender hate as much as the right does? That's a good joke. The two just go about it in different ways.

of course the left does.  it's that bitchass self-hating shit.

but fox does the exact same thing - it's just one building in NYC.  it'll have the eyes of the world on it - the moment they do anything remotely related to terror-based activities, their asses will be in GITMO, let's be honest.

And it's been 2 weeks of nonstop news drama.  it's such drama queen bullshit.  Whine about it for 2 weeks... just like they whined about Sherrod for 2 weeks... Gates for 2 weeks... etc.

Same drama bullshit.   Both sides are some ratings thirsty, hate-spewing bitches.   period.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 01:01:49 PM »
of course the left does.  it's that bitchass self-hating shit.

but fox does the exact same thing - it's just one building in NYC.  it'll have the eyes of the world on it - the moment they do anything remotely related to terror-based activities, their asses will be in GITMO, let's be honest.

And it's been 2 weeks of nonstop news drama.  it's such drama queen bullshit.  Whine about it for 2 weeks... just like they whined about Sherrod for 2 weeks... Gates for 2 weeks... etc.

Same drama bullshit.   Both sides are some ratings thirsty, hate-spewing bitches.   period.

I guess the money to the holy land foundation means nothing to you? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 01:09:36 PM »
Not if you're a far-leftist!

Tell me about it.  Good cartoon.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 01:12:47 PM »

As if he, or any of the other apologists, even know what the holy land foundation is. The fact CAIR is still operating after being unindicted co-conspirators in that case is a travesty.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »

if they broke the law, GITMO their asses.

if they follow the law, who gives a fvck?

I'm not "offended".  If they talked shit on my street, i'd piss on their shoes, I wouldn't pout on FOX news or message boards.  but I'm just a worthless lib who prefers action, and others are just brave conservatives who prefer whining.  You bet your shiny ass that if they put some offensive shit like this on my street, it'd be urine water balloons and dog shit on porch and anything else I could think of until they moved out.  You wouldn't see 240's ass crying for the cameras.  I'd just shrug and nod and say 'whatever', then fling the feces come sunset.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 01:55:19 PM »
240 get a clue.

There is no logically sound argument to be made in favor of what Breyer is advocating. Blaming Fox News for the coverage of the Terry Jones situation is absurd and you know it. Thank God for Fox News, otherwise, every single channel would be in unison for the trampling of the first amendment whenever some unshaven terrorist freak waves a gun around.

In fact, I would venture to guess that the ACLU, National Skinheads movement, and numerous other diametrically opposed forces would come out in droves to oppose legislation that would give special treatment to the Koran. This country will become a shell of its former self if we indulge this madness any further.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 03:56:33 PM »
A bonfire equates to a crowded movie theater  ::)

Strange, no libs in here condemning this.

Or, maybe not so strange...