Author Topic: John Romano leaves Species for VPX Sports  (Read 11879 times)

newmom

Re: John Romano leaves Species for VPX Sports
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 09:14:29 AM »
I think he's trying to post a response from that Romano guy to bigmouth dicksucker vince for spouting off about leaving species and going to VPX......bigmike is just making the post.

oh, gotcha

I retract big Mike

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 09:26:31 AM »

Report the truth brah brah

LOL... left Species? Wouldn't I have to have been signed with species in order to leave them? Dave has been very generous in giving me his products to use free of charge and I have been very happy to extol their virtue. Dave make a very high quality premium brand and I am very grateful I have been able to use his product line. That's the extent of my involvement with species. I was at one point involved in gym sales of Species, but that was very short lived because I had to focus my time and energy on RX Muscle when we launched it.

VPX/Redline has offered me a job - as in full time employment, Mon. - Fri., with a salary. It is an incredible opportunity that I am accepting and Dave is very happy for me. There is no "leaving Species and signing with VPX." The two are not the same.

Really??
Not according to the reasons that Steve Blechman stated that he fired Dave & John.  He stated that Romano was an employee of Species Nutrition and neither Dave nor John denied the accusation

Dave was hired two years ago to be Editor-in-Chief of the Muscular Development website. During the first year, he was instrumental in helping to grow it. During this past year, Dave’s interests were focused increasingly on his side businesses of training athletes and launching his supplement line. John was hired by Dave as a paid employee to endorse and promote this supplement line. Because of this, John’s position as Senior Editor was compromised. Together they were using MD and the website as a vehicle to further their own interests, and as a result, less time was being spent on increasing the website’s potential and taking it to the next level. During their employment, Dave and John’s contributions were very much appreciated, and they were well compensated.

Editor-in-Chief and Senior Editor are full-time positions and we require those who hold these titles to be willing to give their total focus. This was not the case. Dave and John have not worked onsite in the MD offices for over one year, which made working as a team extremely difficult. No one person is bigger than the team as a whole, and anyone who thinks Dave or John built MD is sadly mistaken. We have always had the best team of writers, athletes and employees and will continue on that path. When one door closes, another one opens and usually for the better.

I love bodybuilding and have always given MD 100 percent and have only had the best interest of the readers at heart. I ask anyone to dispute the fact that I have always been extremely loyal and generous to anyone who has worked for MD.

We are very excited about having Robbie Durand as the new Editor-in-Chief. He brings passion and incredible scientific knowledge to the site and will do whatever is necessary to meet the same high standards of excellence as Muscular Development magazine. Robbie wants very much to work with everyone in making this a team success. I hope you will welcome him aboard.

In closing, I want to reassure each of you that we will never compromise our mission and will always look to enlighten and inspire as well as search for new ways to continue to make MD the best bodybuilding magazine and website on the planet!

MD 2009 MISSION STATEMENT
Musculardevelopment.com reports the good, the bad and the ugly!! By pulling no punches, we generate a bold, unique stance in the industry by revealing the cold, hard truth. Reality media is the new frontier and musculardevelopment.com leads the way. We provide cutting edge scientific research from the most respected experts in the industry, and up to the minute breaking news. Knowledge is power!! MD is outrageous, MD is controversial, MD is credible and MD is NUMBER ONE!!

Perhaps John Romano wasn't with Species at the time he signed with VPX Sports but he was an employee of Dave's at one point and time.  Sure acted like it as he spouted off the Species supplements he took and recommendations for people on the board....

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....it isn't a koala bear.
A

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 09:48:58 AM »
vince........this is mensa bob. So fucking what, Sound from you like Romano put a knife in daves back. witch i clearly did not. You are trying to make a hen out of a feather

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 09:58:32 AM »
vince........this is mensa bob. So fucking what, Sound from you like Romano put a knife in daves back. witch i clearly did not. You are trying to make a hen out of a feather

Actually, the opposite..... ;D
http://muscleworldorder.com/?p=249
A

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 09:59:25 AM »
 :-X

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 10:01:27 AM »
Palumbo seems to be isolating Romano...and it may be for the better.

Ramona seems to have the work ethic of a sponge.

Out of the loop for the radio shows...out of the country.  Now he is out at Species.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 10:09:35 AM »
Again, Goodrum tries to be "in the know" and is caught full of shit again.  I mean how many people do know who would continue to lie and bullshit get caught and keep doing it.  What an idiot
No Worries 4 me

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 10:12:30 AM »
I am still confused and shocked how Goodrum has any place in the fitness industry. Why would anyone in this industry associate with him?  :-\ :-\ :-X :-X

No body does.  He tries to be associated with them and NO ONE will have anything to do with him.  He thinks that trip to the Olympia was because he was a BB and they wanted him because of his body.  What it was simply was to bring him to a public place and make fun of him.  That was it.  They didn't care if they sold one bottle.  All thye wanted to do was to show how fucked up he was in public.  He thinks he was there because he is somebody.  Yes he is somebody love to make fun because he deserves it.
No Worries 4 me

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 10:16:29 AM »
I swear Goodrum makes me laugh out loud. There he is gallantly trying damn hard to impress us and every single time it backfires and the lads crap all over him. It really isn't funny but it makes me lol. What would we do for laughs if this self-styled internet hero didn't post here?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 10:18:41 AM »
No body does.  He tries to be associated with them and NO ONE will have anything to do with him.  He thinks that trip to the Olympia was because he was a BB and they wanted him because of his body.  What it was simply was to bring him to a public place and make fun of him.  That was it.  They didn't care if they sold one bottle.  All thye wanted to do was to show how fucked up he was in public.  He thinks he was there because he is somebody.  Yes he is somebody love to make fun because he deserves it.

Soooo....you think that people were taking you seriously at the Olympia???   ;)
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 10:20:08 AM »
I swear Goodrum makes me laugh out loud. There he is gallantly trying damn hard to impress us and every single time it backfires and the lads crap all over him. It really isn't funny but it makes me lol. What would we do for laughs if this self-styled internet hero didn't post here?

I'm glad that my "humor" keeps you from prowling around the neighborhood in your little white van taking pictures of funeral processions and (censored).
A

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 10:24:47 AM »
:-X

here is the room of the remaining living homosexuals on earth

got ammo

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 10:26:06 AM »
ok, so romano has nothing to do with species (even though he seemed to when the whole MD firing occured) now, all of a sudden, he isnt involved with them

what about RX Muscle..........what capacity does he serve there, does he have an official title, or is he "helping out" as shyster palumbo gobbles up all the profits?

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 10:30:28 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 10:55:48 AM »
I just sent Dave Palumbo an email:

Hey dave. What is your opinion on Melvin Goodrum? He posts on Getbig a lot. He is annoying and has a shitty physique. Do you think Goodrum is an integral part of the fitness industry?

:D :D :D
X

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 01:00:36 PM »
Nothing about this on the CNN website..
O

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »
I just sent Dave Palumbo an email:

Hey dave. What is your opinion on Melvin Goodrum? He posts on Getbig a lot. He is annoying and has a shitty physique. Do you think Goodrum is an integral part of the fitness industry?

Did you attach his "most muscular" pic?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »
woah this is industry insider shit
w

newmom

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2010, 01:23:47 PM »
Did you attach his "most muscular" pic?

Nope lol. But palumbo responded with:

he's just a fly on the horses ass

X

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2010, 01:26:28 PM »
So... Palumbo and Romano won't be having any children anytime soon?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »
Unreal how Goodrum will do everything he can to post shit to make himself look like "he is in the know".

+1
No shame.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2010, 02:20:10 PM »
I swear Goodrum makes me laugh out loud. There he is gallantly trying damn hard to impress us and every single time it backfires and the lads crap all over him. It really isn't funny but it makes me lol. What would we do for laughs if this self-styled internet hero didn't post here?

hey I think I did that one too. 
No Worries 4 me

doozejooze

• Getbig II
  • Get bit
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »
i like some of the stuff Goodrum posts up here. Amusing as hell. Keith, why the hate, u do u, and let Goodrum do himself :D
Rectum defendere!

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2010, 05:38:54 PM »
This isn't a joke

I’ve got nothing other than the photo and the Facebook post to go on, so at this stage,  it’s all speculation on my part. Still, it’ll be interesting to see what develops. Or doesn’t. Or whatever.

Just like everything else, I notice everything you touch turns to shite.
K