Author Topic: Obama: "Change takes time . . it took time to free the slaves" - WWWTTFF???  (Read 4444 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
"it took time to free the slaves" (Obama hip hop event)
muck rack ^ | 9/30/10 | Mark Knoller

Posted on Friday, October 01, 2010 12:41:18 AM by Typical_Whitey

Obama says people are impatient but "now's not the time to quit...it took time to free the slaves...ultimately we'll make progress."

(Excerpt) Read more at muckrack.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ______________

I'll post the vid later.   WTF is wrong with him?  This is seriously a delusional freak. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
sorry, I couldn't listen to that disappointment past 5 seconds...  It's pure shit.  I reached a point where I could no longer hear Bush talk.  I'm reaching that point faster with Obama.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama charges up young voters at concert/rally
By ERICA WERNER, Associated Press Writer Erica Werner, Associated Press Writer
Fri Oct 1, 1:34 am ET

________________________ ________________________ ____

.WASHINGTON – Grasping for the electric energy that propelled him to the White House, President Barack Obama whipped up young supporters at a rally Thursday night, where the boisterous crowd tried to shout down any talk of an "enthusiasm gap" among Democrats.

"I'm back here today just in case you've forgotten what it feels like to change the country," Obama called out to a sold-out crowd of 3,000 at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser at DAR Constitution Hall.

"It was always going to be hard," Obama said as the crowd interrupted him with cheers and hollers. "Now is not the time to quit."

The DNC had enlisted hip hop artist B.o.B to perform, and the crowd also heard from Obama's 2008 campaign manager, David Plouffe, on the importance of the youth vote to the November midterm elections, which are expected to be brutal for the Democrats.

As at a massive rally earlier in the week in Madison, Wis., Obama seemed to recapture, at least for a few moments, some of the political magic of his 2008 presidential campaign. When he spoke of the "pundits" who were decreeing an "enthusiasm gap" the crowd yelled uproariously, apparently wanting to prove there wasn't one.

"I need you to be fired up, I need you to stay fired up, all the way to Nov. 2. ... Because Nov. 2 is going to say a lot about your future," the president said.

Obama and Democrats will need to gin up as much of that enthusiasm as they can if they are to avoid a bloodletting at the hands of determined Republicans and the tea party movement on Election Day. The president met with Democratic congressional leaders at the White House earlier Thursday to make plans for how to do just that.

Thursday's event was organized for the DNC's Gen44 group, which tries to cultivate young leaders. It was expected to raise $750,000.

Beforehand, Obama spoke at a small fundraising dinner at the home of John Phillips and Linda Douglass, where guests paid $30,400 each to raise $1 million for the Democratic Party. Citing his big rally in Madison, Obama told the group that Democrats are "waking up."

Why would anyone pay $30,000 to meet obama for 5 minutes flat and take a stupid photo op. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Why would anyone pay $30,000 to meet obama for 5 minutes flat and take a stupid photo op. 
Why would anyone pay anything to meet any politician... we both know why... 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why would anyone pay anything to meet any politician... we both know why... 

Yeah, but these dinners are mostly crap food with Obama walking around the room shaking hands and bs'ing everyone. 

I don't think they get to talk to him in private. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/281332,CST-NWS-oside03.article#
Report: Obama ancestors owned slaves
Comments

March 3, 2007

BY NEDRA PICKLER

________________________ ________________________ __________

WASHINGTON -- Democrat Barack Obama, who would be the first black president, has white ancestors who owned slaves, according to a genealogical researcher.

The researcher, William Addams Reitwiesner, says the discovery is part of his first draft of research into Obama's roots. Obama's father was from Kenya, and his mother was a white woman from Kansas.

Obama wrote in his autobiography, Dreams from My Father, that while one of his great-great-grandfathers was a decorated Union soldier, family rumors also say he is distantly related to Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederacy.

Book mentioned family rumor

Reitwiesner found in 1850 census records from Kentucky that one of Obama's great-great-great-great grandfathers, George Washington Overall, owned a 15-year-old girl and a 25-year-old man. The same records show one of Obama's great-great-great-great-great-grandmothers, Mary Duvall, owned two black adult slaves.

The Baltimore Sun first reported Reitwiesner's work and asked genealogical experts to review it, but they would not confirm the findings.

Obama spokesman Bill Burton said the senator's ancestors "are representative of America."

Reitwiesner found that two other presidential candidates were descendants of slave owners -- Republican John McCain and Democrat John Edwards.

The New York Daily News reported recently that genealogists say relatives of former segregationist Sen. Strom Thurmond appear to have owned the ancestors of civil rights activist Al Sharpton.

AP

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

________________________ _______________________

:o  :o

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
It also took a civil war to free the slaves maybe he wants that to :D

Seriously that was a pretty stupid statement by Obama

If he is comparing republican policies to slavery then he has lost me here

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Maybe he hired that toolbag from the Redskins, Albert Haynesworth, as his new advisor.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It also took a civil war to free the slaves maybe he wants that to :D

Seriously that was a pretty stupid statement by Obama

If he is comparing republican policies to slavery then he has lost me here

I really have no idea what the hell he is talking about.   What are his policies freeing me from?  Last i checked - he just mandated me to buy health insurance under force of law and fine.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama: 'I'd appreciate a little break'
The Washington Examiner ^ | 09/30/10 | Byron York

It's often remarked that President Obama has enjoyed a number of getaways, vacations, and mini-vacations during his 20 months in office. But at a Democratic fundraiser Thursday night, the president said, "I'd appreciate a little break."

The fundraiser -- $30,400 per person -- was at the home of Linda Douglass, the former CBS and ABC News reporter who joined the Obama White House to sell national health care to a skeptical public. Douglass is now a top executive at Atlantic Media, the Washington-based company that runs The Atlantic, National Journal, and other publications. Douglass' husband, John Phillips, is a wealthy lawyer, and according to a White House pool report, he introduced Obama tonight by saying, "I can remember walking down those snowy streets of Des Moines in the primary…We sleep much better knowing that you are our president at this difficult time."

According to the pool report, Obama thanked Phillips for the work he and his wife have done for Team Obama. Then the president mentioned that Phillips and Douglass have an opulent place in Italy and wondered why there had been no invitation to visit. "I'd appreciate a little break and some Tuscan sun," the president said, according to the pool report. "Some pasta. I can use it."

Obama reportedly spoke about 15 minutes. After the dinner, he left the Phillips/Douglass home and headed to DAR Constitutional Hall, where he addressed the Democratic National Committee rap concert/fundraiser. Then, it was back to the White House by 9:45 pm, where the president presumably was able to get a little rest.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Wasn't Obama supposed to be an intellectual giant among mere mortals?

Maybe his thoughts are just too profound for us.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
He is an ignorant fool who can read stupidity off of a teleprompter.  The rest is all bs.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Yeah, but these dinners are mostly crap food with Obama walking around the room shaking hands and bs'ing everyone.  

I don't think they get to talk to him in private.  
and I bet there would be several to line up for Palin to do exactly the same.  Especially if she was running for president or by chance became president.  These dinners are not new and they will be going on past Obama.  I think it's stupid too but I'm not goint to pin this on Obama.  There are plently of legit things to pin on him.  I don't need to pin him for what all these fuckers do or would do in his place.

9 of the 15 posts of this thread are by 3333 :-\

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Maybe he hired that toolbag from the Redskins, Albert Haynesworth, as his new advisor.

maybe they are platinum tools..that fat fuckface gets $100m...to run about 3 yards at a time...America...gotta love it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
and I bet there would be several to line up for Palin to do exactly the same.  Especially if she was running for president or by chance became president.  These dinners are not new and they will be going on past Obama.  I think it's stupid too but I'm not goint to pin this on Obama.  There are plently of legit things to pin on him.  I don't need to pin him for what all these fuckers do or would do in his place.

9 of the 15 posts of this thread are by 3333 :-\

So?  I have updated it with the vid, the link, and a follow up article exposing more idiocy from him. 

This fool wants more vacations and personally, I hope he gets one, AFTEr he resigns on Nov. 3, 2010. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
So?  I have updated it with the vid, the link, and a follow up article exposing more idiocy from him. 

This fool wants more vacations and personally, I hope he gets one, AFTEr he resigns on Nov. 3, 2010. 
his approval rating is 47%...as well as his disapproval rating

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
his approval rating is 47%...as well as his disapproval rating

Guess how many people are paying taxes now?

Obama has a base support of about 45% which account for 95% of blacks, hippies, welfare bums, guilt ridden whites, govt employees, union members, gays, about 50% if hispanics. 

All totaled its about 45%.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Guess how many people are paying taxes now?

Obama has a base support of about 45% which account for 95% of blacks, hippies, welfare bums, guilt ridden whites, govt employees, union members, gays, about 50% if hispanics. 

All totaled its about 45%.   

damn...im black and hispanic...mine counts for 2..

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
So?  I have updated it with the vid, the link, and a follow up article exposing more idiocy from him.  

So?  So?....  Your reply doesn't have anything to do with my reply.  Nothing... zippo.... zilch...  It's not remotely close to an honest reply to what I said.

So?  And?  What?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So?  So?....  Your reply doesn't have anything to do with my reply.  Nothing... zippo.... zilch...  It's not remotely close to an honest reply to what I said.

So?  And?  What?

go back to bed mr. Hopey Changey. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
I paid 25 cents to meet Hugo Chavez once. I immediately demanded a refund.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
As if once was not enough?   WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS JERK?

________________________ ________________________ ___

Obama takes his offensive to GOP country

By Anne E. Kornblut and Rosalind S. Helderman
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, September 30, 2010; A1

RICHMOND - President Obama walked into the back yard of one of his chief congressional critics on Wednesday to continue his blunt assault on Republicans and their policies.

At a recreation center in House Whip Eric Cantor's district, Obama accused the Republican of proposing intellectually dishonest policies as part of the GOP's recently released "Pledge to America."

"I know your congressman here I think has strong ideas about what he says he wants to do," Obama said. But, he said, the math behind the Republican proposal - which includes keeping the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans while balancing the budget - "doesn't add up."

Taking the argument directly to Cantor and other Republican leaders is part of a new, aggressive approach for Obama, who has been criticized by members of his party for being too cautious and concerned about offending his opponents.

With five weeks until the midterm elections, Obama seems to be shedding some of that caution in favor of a sharper tone aimed at Republicans - and even Democrats.

On Monday, the president dismissed Republicans as "not serious." At a rally before more than 20,000 people in Madison, Wis., on Tuesday night, Obama accused the GOP of working to "hoodwink a whole bunch of folks all across the country" about his governmental philosophy. And he twice sarcastically dismissed Republicans as not "interested in facts."

Some of Obama's recent moves, such as a trio of casual, backyard-style events this week, are part of a tactical plan to put a stronger focus on his Republican rivals and demonstrate what their leadership would look like if they won control of Congress.

Earlier this month, Obama gave an economic speech in Cleveland in direct response to an address there by House Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio), who would probably become speaker if the House switched hands.

Obama has also chided members of his own party for going wobbly before the election. In an interview in Rolling Stone published this week, he told Democrats that it is time to "wake up" and pay attention to the administration's accomplishments.

In Madison, Obama seemed at times like he was testing new material, making wry remarks and tossing in a little sarcasm, as if he were letting the largely college-age audience in on a joke.

At one point, responding to criticism that he hasn't done enough yet, he said, "I've only been here two years, guys. . . . I figured I needed to have something to do for the next couple of years."

At another point, he told Democrats upset at a perceived lack of progress to think of the patience of onetime slaves. "You know, the slaves sitting around a fire singing freedom songs, they weren't sure when slavery would end, but they understood it was going to end," he said.

The question for Obama is whether his recent push is too late, coming after many voters - who increasingly say in polls that they are unhappy with his performance - have started to tune him out.

After Wednesday's event, Cantor accused Obama of being "out of touch" and trying to "demonize success."

"President Obama may want to pretend otherwise, but the stale message that he brought to Virginia today won't help a single person get back to work, and that's where my focus is," Cantor said in a statement.

He has slammed Obama for wanting to end Bush-era tax cuts on household income above $250,000 a year and has called on Congress to vote on the cuts, arguing that the top tax bracket includes some small businesses.

Although White House officials would not say the Richmond trip was planned to get under Cantor's skin, they acknowledged its symbolic importance.

"What better place to draw a contrast with Republican plans to drive up deficits and go back to their old policies than right in this district?" deputy press secretary Bill Burton said.

Two years ago, by sparking a wave of Democratic enthusiasm and winning over independents, Obama became the first Democratic presidential candidate to win Virginia in four decades. But just a year later, Virginia elected Republican Gov. Robert F. McDonnell by more than 17 percentage points.

McDonnell ran against Obama's economic policies, and his campaign fed on voter disillusionment with the national Democratic agenda, while Democrat R. Creigh Deeds shied from associating himself with the president.

Republicans began countering - "prebutting," in political parlance - Obama's visit on Tuesday. Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling (R), reelected last year alongside McDonnell and dubbed the state's chief job-creation officer by the governor, held a news conference at a Richmond area plumbing company to blast the president's economic policies as "anti-business."

He called on Obama to declare the stimulus bill a failure, rein in the Environmental Protection Agency and renounce support for a bill to regulate greenhouse gases through a "cap and trade" system for energy producers.

"He's still desperately trying to get his message across to the American people and hope they buy it," Bolling said in an interview.

Cantor, meanwhile, posted a statement on YouTube warning that 20,000 jobs in Virginia would be lost if a variety of Obama's policies took effect.

While Cantor's Democratic opponent is not considered a serious challenger, by sending Obama to the state capital, the White House ensured that his event would receive local news coverage throughout the state.

That included in nearby Charlottesville, where first-term Democratic Rep. Tom Perriello has been cast nationally as emblematic of the kind of congressman who won in 2008 on Obama's coattails and may now be ousted. Polls show him trailing Republican state Sen. Robert Hurt (R-Pittsylvania).

It also included the southeastern district held by Glenn Nye, another first-term Democrat in danger of losing his seat.

At the Richmond event, Obama fielded several questions about the tone of Washington, including one from Scott Turner, who owns a tree-care business.

"Is there hope for us returning to civility in our discourse and a healthy legislative process, something where I can trust that when I strap on my boots tomorrow morning, I know that you guys have it under control?" he asked.

Obama responded by again attacking Republicans, saying they decided that it was to their benefit to oppose his policies and ensure that he took all the blame for the lagging economy, rather than working with him to fix it.

"The only way this is going to change is if the same folks who supported me in 2008 - not just Democrats, but independents and Republicans who want to see the country move forward - if they don't sit on the sidelines, they don't give up," he said.

kornbluta@washpost.com heldermanr@washpost.com

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
There comes a time when the "shock" value of using comparisons to hitler, slavery...... just doesn't have the desired effect anymore. It becomes even less effective when the argument is so incoherent that it leaves people scratching their heads.

Then comes the question of what "change" is he talking about. Turning the US into a welfare state?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ