Author Topic: Wavelengths methods - will it work for me kissing Cardio goodbye?  (Read 27740 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Wavelengths methods - will it work for me kissing Cardio goodbye?
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2010, 11:12:17 PM »
If you make a nice burger at home, using fresh meat patties and vegetables (tomato, onion etc), it's nutritional value would be far superior to an equivalent burger you eat at McDonalds, where the meat is processed, loaded with preservatives and frozen for God knows how long, not to mention their using commercial grade condiments that won't be of the same quality as you'd use at home.

So if both meat patties were of a size that would give you 30 gm of protein, you won't get that much from the McDonald's burger. Which is why what you eat there is "junk".

Next thing WL will come around the corner and tell us the Chinese buffet he goes to to have his only meal of he day isn't "junk food" as well.  ::)

By the way, here we have the thread where WL proves he doesn't eat junk food at all, never.  ::) ::)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=301609.0

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2010, 12:00:21 AM »
If you make a nice burger at home, using fresh meat patties and vegetables (tomato, onion etc), it's nutritional value would be far superior to an equivalent burger you eat at McDonalds, where the meat is processed, loaded with preservatives and frozen for God knows how long, not to mention their using commercial grade condiments that won't be of the same quality as you'd use at home.

So if both meat patties were of a size that would give you 30 gm of protein, you won't get that much from the McDonald's burger. Which is why what you eat there is "junk".

That's a question of definition. But since there is no scientific definition of "junk" food which makes any sense, the dicussion about "junk" and "clean" food is moot IMO. Sure there are foods which are better for overall health and some that are not, but even that is up for discussion and it always depends on quantity as well.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2010, 12:13:15 AM »
That's a question of definition.

Isn't everything?

My point is that McDonalds and other fast food outlets provide low-quality, but palatable and affordable food that is good to eat occasionally, but is definitely inferior nutritionally.

People use the term "Junk" in the context of nutrition and nothing else - a burger that you eat in McDonalds is just jammed with chemicals, prepared with meat that comes from all parts of the animal and is stored for long periods at times, before being cooked and served at the outlet. It will give you a feeling of satiety, but won't provide you with all the good stuff you get from a home-made burger.

Same goes for their flavouring and condiments, which is why you can never live solely on that stuff in the long-term, unlike how you do with home-made food.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2010, 12:14:22 AM »
Isn't everything?

My point is that McDonalds and other fast food outlets provide low-quality, but palatable and affordable food that is good to eat occasionally, but is definitely inferior nutritionally.

People use the term "Junk" in the context of nutrition and nothing else - a burger that you eat in McDonalds is just jammed with chemicals, prepared with meat that comes from all parts of the animal and is stored for long periods at times, before being cooked and served at the outlet. It will give you a feeling of satiety, but won't provide you with anywhere near the goodies you get from a home-made burger.

Same goes for their flavouring and condiments, which is why you can never live solely on that stuff in the long-term, unlike how you do with home-made food.

Are you a fan of Sausage, Kiwiol?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2010, 12:19:15 AM »
Are you a fan of Sausage, Kiwiol?

You can say that :-X ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2010, 12:22:48 AM »
Isn't everything?

People use the term "Junk" in the context of nutrition and nothing else - a burger that you eat in McDonalds is just jammed with chemicals, prepared with meat that comes from all parts of the animal and is stored for long periods at times, before being cooked and served at the outlet. It will give you a feeling of satiety, but won't provide you with all the good stuff you get from a home-made burger.

Somehow WL doesn't understand it.

Plus: for example a grilled sausage is filled with preservatives, transfats, glutamate, salt and so on, things you would NEVER want in your diet. The little bit of protein you get from a sausage is better taken from somewhere else.

You only have a limited amount of calories you can eat without getting fat, better make this stuff that your body needs and can use than stuff yourself with transfats, sugar, salt in excess, preservatives and so on.

I can't speak for other people, but i feel MUCH MUCH better on a diet of protein, complex carbs, unsaturated fatty acids (saturated in moderation) and lots of veggies than on a diet of sugar, fat and flavor enhancers.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2010, 12:42:24 AM »
Somehow WL doesn't understand it.

Plus: for example a grilled sausage is filled with preservatives, transfats, glutamate, salt and so on, things you would NEVER want in your diet. The little bit of protein you get from a sausage is better taken from somewhere else.

You only have a limited amount of calories you can eat without getting fat, better make this stuff that your body needs and can use than stuff yourself with transfats, sugar, salt in excess, preservatives and so on.

I can't speak for other people, but i feel MUCH MUCH better on a diet of protein, complex carbs, unsaturated fatty acids (saturated in moderation) and lots of veggies than on a diet of sugar, fat and flavor enhancers.

Agree. I love fast food as much as anyone, but wouldn't want to eat it more than twice a week. You do feel the difference if you are used to eating quality, wholesome food that you can make at home.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2010, 12:48:58 AM »
Agree. I love fast food as much as anyone, but wouldn't want to eat it more than twice a week. You do feel the difference if you are used to eating quality, wholesome food that you can make at home.

And when you have only 2000 calories for a day on a diet, who the fuck would spend that for a piece of cake or chocolate?

That's ridiculous.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2010, 12:59:01 AM »

If junk food refers to unhealthy food, of course one would try to get as little as possible. The question is always what is unhealthy and in what quantity. So called "healthy" food can also become unhealthy in certain quantities.

Plus "junk" food in the fitness world also often refers to food that has negative impact on body composition. By definition, there is no such food, just combinations of foods in certain quantities which are better or worse for it.

And when you have only 2000 calories for a day on a diet, who the fuck would spend that for a piece of cake or chocolate?

That's ridiculous.

I don't think it's ridiculous to try to include food you love into any kind of diet. And you can easily fit some chocolate or cake into a 2000kcal diet.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2010, 01:33:54 AM »
The question is always what is unhealthy and in what quantity. So called "healthy" food can also become unhealthy in certain quantities.

That is just arguing for the sake of it. No one is talking about extremes or unusually high quantities. If we are talking a normal-sized meal for a person, they do get less nutrients and digestive problems (although not always) with fast food than they would if they ate something home-made (or food similar in quality). So for that person, at that meal, they are eating "junk".

If there are 2 burgers, one home made in a BBQ and another bought from McDonalds, the latter is "junk", because you don't get anywhere near the amount of nutrients that you get from the first. Even if the McDs burger does have 70 or 80% of the protein found in the first, it's not going to be as bioavailable, not to mention all the added chemicals it comes with.

There is a reason parents, for example, prefer their kids to eat vegetables and food prepared at home, as opposed to eating in Burger King and McDs all the time, and it's not just because they are stupid or ignorant.

Plus "junk" food in the fitness world also often refers to food that has negative impact on body composition. By definition, there is no such food, just combinations of foods in certain quantities which are better or worse for it.

I agree, although I wouldn't restrict the negative impact in the definition to just body composition. It's also about the quality of the food, the amount of processing it's had, the quantity of nutrients in it and so on. So you could technically eat a meal at McDs and stay within your caloric restriction for the day, which wouldn't negatively impact your body composition, but is still of much lower quality than alternatives such as home made food.

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2010, 02:05:57 AM »
A shotgun blast in your mouth will get you ripped in no time, gimmick.

hey fuck you dipshit

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2010, 02:10:33 AM »
kiwiol, which chemicals are put into a mcdonalds burger ?

i think you are mistaken.

a burger is made from 100% beef

their rolls are are made from the same flour and chemicals that most breads are made from.
 ???

unlike the fool dk, i also know there are no longer any trans fats and most fast food places - certainly not mcdonalds nor kfc.
175lbs by 31st July

dbdb

• Getbig II
  • Stiffy in McDonalds
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2010, 02:19:54 AM »
I Like Cake....
UBERFACTOID

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2010, 02:27:09 AM »

A shit load of preservatives and similar stuff you'd never find in the meat you buy from the butchers or the local supermarket.

I remember reading about this lady who once dropped her keys in her car, felt the floor to retrieve them and found a partially eaten McDs burger that she (or someone in her family) had dropped - and they'd gone to McDonalds weeks before ;D The buns had gone all mouldy, but the meat patty was still edible, because that's how much shit they put in there to make them last all the time before it's time for them to be cooked and served.

It's not just the meat, it's also the oil they use for their fries, which is HEAVILY used to a point where it's just not good to be consumed regularly over the long-term.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2010, 06:13:58 AM »
12-Year Old McDonald's Hamburger, Still Looking Good
Posted by Robyn Lee, September 25, 2008 at 4:30 PM

The McDonald's hamburger on the right is from 2008; the one on the left is from 1996. And they both look fairly edible.

Wellness educator and nutrition consultant Karen Hanrahan has kept a McDonald's hamburger since 1996 to illustrate its nonexistent ability to decay. Aside from drying out and bit and having "the oddest smell," it apparently hasn't changed much in the past 12 years.

This isn't the first time someone kept an uneaten McDonald's hamburger for an extended period of time for the sake of science. Or in the case of the Bionic Burger Museum, multiple burgers for over 19 years.

R

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2010, 06:28:59 AM »
Another skinny TA wannabe who thinks he knows everything. Only on getbig

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2010, 06:55:30 AM »

The McDonald's hamburger on the right is from 2008; the one on the left is from 1996. And they both look fairly edible.

Wellness educator and nutrition consultant Karen Hanrahan has kept a McDonald's hamburger since 1996 to illustrate its nonexistent ability to decay. Aside from drying out and bit and having "the oddest smell," it apparently hasn't changed much in the past 12 years.

This isn't the first time someone kept an uneaten McDonald's hamburger for an extended period of time for the sake of science. Or in the case of the Bionic Burger Museum, multiple burgers for over 19 years.

Hi Kiwiol ::) ;D

Thanks for that - looks like it's worse than I thought, lol

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2010, 07:08:28 AM »
Hi Kiwiol ::) ;D

Thanks for that - looks like it's worse than I thought, lol

You're welcome chaos  ::)  ;D
R

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2010, 07:43:23 AM »
Then he's a liar. In any case, doesn't matter. Most pro BBs have no clue about nutrition or training. They have great genetics and enough drugs in their system.

So you're saying you know more about nutrition or training than a pro BB ?

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2010, 07:52:56 AM »
I never called anyone an idiot.

I said arguments ad hominem are irrelevant. One could be the fattest guy around and still know more about nutrition than us. Plus, on the internet anyone can claim anything anyway. Who knows if my pictures are actually me? And who knows whether you tell the truth about your condition or not? So I'm not my only proof, I'm no proof at all. The only "proof" (if we want to call it that) lies in scientific studies.

One of the things I've learned in the few years I've been in this game is that personal experience is more important than scientific studies.
Bodybuilding is more than just science, at least in the training/nutrition area.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »
So you're saying you know more about nutrition or training than a pro BB ?

Depends of course but from what I've heard from most of them (interviews, training videos), yes.
Not that a lot of knowledge is required.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »

Awesome!  So if I increase my uptake of these, I won't age......thanks BB !!!

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2010, 10:52:24 AM »
Awesome!  So if I increase my uptake of these, I won't age......thanks BB !!!

You're welcome.  I'll be including this tip in my upcoming Butterbean Principles thread  :)
R

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2010, 08:14:18 AM »

i think you are mistaken.

a burger is made from 100% beef

their rolls are are made from the same flour and chemicals that most breads are made from.
 ???

unlike the fool dk, i also know there are no longer any trans fats and most fast food places - certainly not mcdonalds nor kfc.

Oh really, asshole??

The tell me why they have transfats in their nutrition PDF you can download on the official McDonald's webpage? But now you will argue that these are only low levels of transfats, and as you are a fat fuck, you probably don't give a shit at all that you get nearly as much fat in a hamburger as you get protein.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf

But i guess that if you just tell yourself enough this shit is good for you, it might come true.

The nutritional value of McDonald's food is horrible.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2010, 08:21:29 AM »
Oh really, asshole??

The tell me why they have transfats in their nutrition PDF you can download on the official McDonald's webpage? But now you will argue that these are only low levels of transfats, and as you are a fat fuck, you probably don't give a shit at all that you get nearly as much fat in a hamburger as you get protein.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf

But i guess that if you just tell yourself enough this shit is good for you, it might come true.

The nutritional value of McDonald's food is horrible.

So much for the 'Fatpanda is a bigger expert than 99.9% of Getbig' claim :-\