Author Topic: I Know For A Fact There's No Afterlife.  (Read 26849 times)

suckmymuscle

I Know For A Fact There's No Afterlife.
« on: October 02, 2010, 09:28:47 PM »
  So why do some people believe in God ??? A belief in an afterlife is tragic, because lots of people give up living this life, the only one that they'll ever have, in hopes that they will be awarded some reward for believing in an arbitrary and anachronistic moral code in their lives. Accept:

- That you are stupid.

- That your shitty life could be much worse and dying is much worst than even the worst life imaginable.

- That the way out from your shitty life(suicide) is much worse as you have nothing to look forward in the afterlife.

- That since there's no afterlife, there is no reason to pull back and stop doing what you have to do make life as good as possible in the one life you'll ever have.

- That intelligent, capable people ARE better than you, and that your shitty life would be much shittier without them - they cure your diseases which prolongs your life and they create the technology that makes your life better. You can be sure that your life would be infinitely worse without the highly intelligent. So treat them as your superiors.

- That what you religious freaks consider paradise is very selfish. You behave kindly so that you will be rewarded with all the things that you deam beneath you in this life in the afterlife.

- Since there is no difference between your idea of paradise and having a good life on Earth, then why wait and not just build a good life here?

- This would be the case even if there were an afterlife, but since there isn't, then it is more reason to do it here.

- That your idea of God is what we Humans are destined to become in the distant future: omniscient, omnipotent, immortal beings.

- Unfortunately this won't save your inferior ass since we are billions and maybe trillions of years away from becoming God.

- Make the most of your life. Paradise is having the best possible life and being the closest to the ideal of being God as possible. Enjoy.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Brown paper bags + Bathroom stall + Tom Prince.
Re: I Know For A Fact There's No Afterlife.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 09:39:20 PM »
Debating "God's existence" and afterlife on getbig is the best place.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 09:58:13 PM »
  So why do some people believe in God ??? A belief in an afterlife is tragic, because lots of people give up living this life, the only one that they'll ever have, in hopes that they will be awarded some reward for believing in an arbitrary and anachronistic moral code in their lives. Accept:

- That you are stupid.

- That your shitty life could be much worse and dying is much worst than even the worst life imaginable.

- That the way out from your shitty life(suicide) is much worse as you have nothing to look forward in the afterlife.

- That since there's no afterlife, there is no reason to pull back and stop doing what you have to do make life as good as possible in the one life you'll ever have.

- That intelligent, capable people ARE better than you, and that your shitty life would be much shittier without them - they cure your diseases which prolongs your life and they create the technology that makes your life better. You can be sure that your life would be infinitely worse without the highly intelligent. So treat them as your superiors.

- That what you religious freaks consider paradise is very selfish. You behave kindly so that you will be rewarded with all the things that you deam beneath you in this life in the afterlife.

- Since there is no difference between your idea of paradise and having a good life on Earth, then why wait and not just build a good life here?

- This would be the case even if there were an afterlife, but since there isn't, then it is more reason to do it here.

- That your idea of God is what we Humans are destined to become in the distant future: omniscient, omnipotent, immortal beings.

- Unfortunately this won't save your inferior ass since we are billions and maybe trillions of years away from becoming God.

- Make the most of your life. Paradise is having the best possible life and being the closest to the ideal of being God as possible. Enjoy.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Have fun in hell  :P

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 10:09:43 PM »
What proof do you have that there is no afterlife?

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 10:13:55 PM »
No one knows what happens when we die so you can't absolutely know nothing happens when we die. Look at dreams for example, you are in another dimension but you snap back to this reality. No one pays attention to the idea you're off in outer space fucking supermodels in your dreams and it feels so real. Your consciousness is there. Who's to say your consciousness doesn't transcend to another vehicle when this one gives out? The beauty of life and death is that it's an unanswerable question. No one has the answers, and it's really a shame people settle for christianity and don't seek out more truth to the most amazing questions ever imagined.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 10:15:27 PM »

Probably the same proof he has about being special forces, killing a german sheppard with his bare hands, benching 600 pounds RAW, etc.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 10:19:57 PM »
Get off the drugs, kid.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 10:42:59 PM »

People who are severely brain damaged in car crashes or those who become senile in old age often become indistinguishible from vegetables. It seems like the Human soul cannot survive without the brain. What you call the soul is nothing more than an awareness of physical reality that results from data processing in the brain, which is an electro-chemical process.

Now, we can debate endlessly what conscience is and how it appears. We have not made progress in this area since Aristotle. Is there something special about Human conscience? Does an ant have conscience? To me, this seems like an issue of definition and semantics. Consicence is not an either/or phenom, but something that exists in differing degrees. An ant has some awareness of it's surroundings that it needs to survive, just like a Human. But the Human brain is larger thus it processes more data and sees more logical relationships between ideas and thus has a more total image of the reality.

And your question doesen't make sense. So I need to disprove every absurd idea? What about lepricons or dwarves? Do I need to disprove them as well? I don't need to provide evidence to the contrary of all ideas that someone can come up with no matter how absurd they are. I have a better idea: what evidence do you have that there is an afterlife? ???

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 10:48:55 PM »
  People who are severely brain damaged in car crashes or those who become senile in old age often become indistinguishible from vegetables. It seems like the Human soul cannot survive without the brain. What you call the soul is nothing more than an awareness of physical reality that results from data processing in the brain, which is an electro-chemical process.

Now, we can debate endlessly what conscience is and how it appears. We have not made progress in this area since Aristotle. Is there something special about Human conscience? Does an ant have conscience? To me, this seems like an issue of definition and semantics. Consicence is not an either/or phenom, but something that exists in differing degrees. An ant has some awareness of it's surroundings that it needs to survive, just like a Human. But the Human brain is larger thus it processes more data and sees more logical relationships between ideas and thus has a more total image of the reality.

And your question doesen't make sense. So I need to disprove every absurd idea? What about lepricons or dwarves? Do I need to disprove them as well? I don't need to provide evidence to the contrary of all ideas that someone can come up with no matter how absurd they are. I have a better idea: what evidence do you have that there is an afterlife? ???

SUCKMYMUSCLE

That's my point. There's no evidence to support afterlife exist or that it doesn't so it's not worth discussing.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 10:50:18 PM »

8)
D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 10:58:56 PM »
That's my point. There's no evidence to support afterlife exist or that it doesn't so it's not worth discussing.

Lol, no, that's not your point. All evidence indicates that when your brain cells die your conscience die as well. We have a way of knowing this since loss of brain matter correlates with loss of awareness, which religious people call the soul. I don't need to provide evidence to the contrary of an absurd hypothesis. I cannot prove that there isn't some occult hidden dimension where fairies exist. Does this means that there is the possibility that fairies exist? If you think so, then everything is possible and logic is invalid. I cannot prove with absolute certainty that an afterlife doesen't exist just like I can't prove that there isn't a hidden dimension where lepricons exist. But the evidence we do have as well as logic - the idea of an afterlife was invented by Humans out with none evidence to support it - indicates that odds are massively stacked against an aftelife. I repeat my question: where is your evidence for an afterlife? ??? ??? ???

SUCKMYMUSCLE

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 11:09:04 PM »

Oh brother. You are never called upon to prove a Negative. Don't you know anything about logical fallacies?  What a poor way to debate something.  ::) ::)
X

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 11:24:43 PM »
Its consciousness, not conscience, what you're referring to.

I thought there was evidence of consciousness after death a la near death experiences. I'm not sure in what form it would exist but it obviously wouldnt be supported by your brain, since you're physiologically dead. So comparing that to the conciousness of a brain-dead person doesnt make sense, since they're still alive.

Also, I noticed Ive been spelling consciousness wrong for a while... forgot about the 's' following the 'con'

And does anyone know if Matt C is a homosexual in here?
follow the arrows

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 11:32:39 PM »
Why don't you start by defining "after-life" and when you are through, discuss the parameters of "eternity"

Sad little man. Nothing to live for.. or die for, for that matter.

Look up the word "faith"

You may want to really read the bible instead of exhausting yourself with metaphysical and philosophical B.S.

One thing I can state with 100% accuracy is this: There is absolutely NO promise of tomorrow.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 11:34:25 PM »
Its consciousness, not conscience, what you're referring to.

I was refering to conscience as a phenom, so the word can be used. No need to be excessively pedantic.

I thought there was evidence of consciousness after death a la near death experiences. I'm not sure in what form it would exist but it obviously wouldnt be supported by your brain, since you're physiologically dead. So comparing that to the conciousness of a brain-dead person doesnt make sense, since they're still alive.

Ugh, the people who have near-death experiences are not dead by definition: if they were they wouldn't come back since resurrection is impossible. What they have are most likely hallucinations caused by anoxic states. So your point is mute. People with slight brain damage also have hallucinations and such. This doesen't mean that they are seeing an afterlife.

Also, I noticed Ive been spelling consciousness wrong for a while... forgot about the 's' following the 'con'

When you try to sound pedantic to appear smart, you should at least apply the proper orthography of the words you're using.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 11:44:04 PM »

- That you are stupid.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hmm, sounds like a subscriber of YouTube's THEAMAZINGATHEIST to me.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 11:45:19 PM »
 I was refering to conscience as a phenom, so the word can be used. No need to be excessively pedantic.

Ugh, the people who have near-death experiences are not dead by definition: if they were they wouldn't come back since resurrection is impossible. What they have are most likely hallucinations caused by anoxic states. So your point is mute. People with slight brain damage also have hallucinations and such. This doesen't mean that they are seeing an afterlife.

When you try to sound pedantic to appear smart, you should at least apply the proper orthography of the words you're using.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Look up the definition of 'conscience' versus 'consciousness' you idiot.  And its 'phenomenon,' not 'phenom' you fucking genius. And I admitted to my own PREVIOUS misspellings, so your point is MOOT, not 'mute,' yet again... I didn't misspell it in my post. I was merely trying to use the proper words in the conversation; spellings are a different matter, and definitely not something i was concerned about  ::)

If you're gonna try to appear smart, and a know-it-all then atleast use the proper words, genius.

I don't know much about the subject, but I've heard of people being resuscitated after being clinically dead (whatever that means). Some of them have reported being conscious (but in a different state), and have even reported being able to observe themselves and their surrounding from above while still 'unconscious' (and accurately so, as far as i know).
follow the arrows

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 12:10:55 AM »
lol  :D

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 12:15:51 AM »
i don't feel like debating such a deep subject with a guy who goes by the name suck my muscle ::)
irongearco.com

suckmymuscle

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 12:56:28 AM »
Look up the definition of 'conscience' versus 'consciousness' you idiot.  And its 'phenomenon,' not 'phenom' you fucking genius. And I admitted to my own PREVIOUS misspellings, so your point is MOOT, not 'mute,' yet again... I didn't misspell it in my post. I was merely trying to use the proper words in the conversation; spellings are a different matter, and definitely not something i was concerned about

First of all meltdown. I don't give a shit if I mispelled words you dipshit because I, unlike you, I am not concerned with appearing smart via orthography being a pedantic asshole. I am tired, feeling sleepy and English is not even my first language, so fuck you.

If you're gonna try to appear smart, and a know-it-all then atleast use the proper words, genius.

Look who's talking: the little Paki nerd who uses pedantic words to appear smart. It's not my fault that you are a dumbass and that my normal conversations strike you as being smart. It's obvious you have an inferiority complex in relation to me and that I make you feel stupid since you have accused me several times of trying to appear smart. Only a stupid person says that. Sorry.

I don't know much about the subject, but I've heard of people being resuscitated after being clinically dead (whatever that means).

No, those people were not dead. Being dead means the cessation of all physiological and biochemical functions which has never happened in any of these cases. In all cases, some physiological function remained working so the individual wasn't dead.

Some of them have reported being conscious (but in a different state), and have even reported being able to observe themselves and their surrounding from above while still 'unconscious' (and accurately so, as far as i know).

How does that prove they were dead, idiot? That only means that they were seeing things in an unconscious state. I have had tons of dreams where I saw myself. It doesen't mean shit.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 12:58:03 AM »
I know for a fact that SMM is totally retarded with a serious case of sociopathy.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 01:15:17 AM »
  The argument that it is impossible to prove that there is no afterlife is odd. Yes, I cannot prove with 100% certainty that there is no afterlife just like I cannot prove with 100% certaintly that there isn't a parallel dimension where fairies and lepricons exist. I don't need to disprove every absurd idea. Not all ideas are valid. Only logical ones are. To be logical, an idea needs to lack contradictions and be consistent.  Without contradictions and consistency, logic itself doesen't exist and everything, no matter how absurd, is possible. Now, the Universe itself is a logic-based system evident by the existence of laws of physics, chemistry, physiology, etc. Without the limitations imposed by the imposition of logic that rules must be non-contradictory, the Universe couldn't work as there would be no laws determining a precise functioning of the Universe and chaos would be ensued. The laws of physics, chemistry, physiology, etc, all come into creating the Human brain and consciousness. It is easy to see how these laws came about to create a brain capable of processing data and having awareness of physical reality to enhance the survival of the DNA molecule. There is evidence that Human consciousness is the product of the Human brain, and that thus consciousness starts and ends with the Human brain. Human consciousness exists to enhance the survival of the DNA, it is the product of the brain and is formed with the formation of the brain and ceases to exist with the destruction of the brain. Me disproving the opposite hypothesis is not necessary because the opposite hypothesis is illogical, there is no evidence to support it and if I have to disprove it means that I would need to disprove all absurd conjectures. In this case, methinks that plausible deniability is valid.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 01:18:54 AM »
   In this case, methinks that plausible deniability is valid.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Total bullshit, but i offer a solution for us all: Jump from a bridge, then you can find out if there's an afterlife or not. Make sure that you jump together with your computer/I-phone, so you can post the answer on getbig if there IS an afterlife.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 01:21:15 AM »
Total bullshit, but i offer a solution for us all: Jump from a bridge, then you can find out if there's an afterlife or not. Make sure that you jump together with your computer/I-phone, so you can post the answer on getbig if there IS an afterlife.

This post is pure DK quality. No wonder you chose "Donkey" as your username. Lol.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 01:23:39 AM »
  This post is pure DK quality. No wonder you chose "Donkey" as your username. Lol.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

See, i don't need to "prove" my intellect on an internet message board.

Your argumentation would provoke histerical laughter in any university, but here on getbig your no-paragraph bullshit makes you feel like a professor...  ::)