Author Topic: I Know For A Fact There's No Afterlife.  (Read 26884 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: I Know For A Fact There's No Afterlife.
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2010, 01:25:33 PM »
No doubt. Just bear in mind that rationality has a limit and is constrained by the amount of knowledge we have, as well as the limitations of our conciousness, which I don't have to tell you is neither infinite nor omniscient.

I'm all for finding a rational explanation for everything I see and experience, which is why I admit that there are things / phenomenon and possibilities beyond our understanding and capacity to conceptualize.

If this was 2000 years ago and I had some quirky medical condition that made my brain sensitive to radio waves, it's a bit like me saying I experienced something and you saying it's just my imagination and that there could be a rational explanation for it. What was "magic / inexplicable" back then is common knowledge now and the same could be true for things like aliens and even concepts like God. Who knows?

Ok, two things. There are infinite things we cannot explain and yet the theories we have to explain them are not valid if they lack evidence and logic. You cannot say that just because some people see themselves floating on top of their bodies when in grave physical states that what they are seeing is death. It is a theory, but a theory is always discarded in favor of more logically plausible theories for which there is more evidence. Between the two theories, one claiming that it is death that they are seeing and the other that it is hallucinations caused by the physical workings of a still working brain, the more plausible theory is the second one. So until a more plausible explanation appears, we must assume the one that our deductive reasoning tells us is the most likely.

For instance, no one understands the workings of sub atomic particles. No one understands why we can't know the location and speed of particles at the same time. Quantum mechanics goes against logic and yet it is plausible because the predictions made by scientists work with over 99.99999% accuracy. In this case, logic is trumped by overwhelming evidence. Sometimes logic is not obvious and evidence that something that appears illogical is indeed logical merely indicates that there are extraneous variables that make the logic not obvious to us, but it is logical because the evidence that it woorks indicates that.

A theory must be logically plausible for it to be acceptable. If it is not logical but there is evidence for it being valid - when it produces effects that can be verified - the theory is valid and the only reason why it appears illogical is because there are variables involved that we cannot account for.

For instance, there is no evidence that lepricons and fairies do exist: they have never been seen, caught on camera and there is no reason why they should exist: all laws of logic tells us that there is no reason or mechanism about that could result in the existence of creatures that defy all laws of physics and common sense, such as walking through walls, turning objects into other object, living without sustenenace(having to eat) etc. Now, even though evidence and common sense tells us that fairies and pericons are not possible in our reality without breaking the laws of physics as well as biology, there could be some parallel universe with different laws of physics where they do exist. In this case, lack of evidence cannot be used to disprove the existence of fairies and lepricons. However, logic can still be used to disprove it via plausible deniability: we cannot conceive of a logically working universe where such beings would come about, via which laws physics that would be completely absurd, and if there are universes where such logically implausible beings are possible, then any universe with even more unlikely beings and things that defy logic in even more absurd ways are also possible, and then everything is possible and logic is invalid to describe reality and then we are going nowhere because if logic cannot be used to draw conclusions then there is no structure in reality and everything would be chaos. Because reality does work via a precise way, then logic is valid and the existence of things and the possibility of theories to explain the workings of things must be evaluated via deductive logic and inferential data. Ok.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2010, 01:31:44 PM »
He is not equating, just drawing a parallel. What I read from his post is that he thinks it is possible for the conciousness to depart from the body and still exist in some way or form, which is beyond our capacity to know. I agree with you about the definition of death and what it entails.

Yes, sure, but what is more
likely? That what he is seeing is truly death or hallucinations caused by a brain that still has some activity and is still receiving oxygen? Between two theories, the one that is more logically plausible and for which there is evidence of it's working trumps the one that is less. Since we know that images are formed in the brain by the electrochemical processes of the brain, and since the brain still has activity in these neard-death experiences, then logical deduction tells us that it is far more likely that the near death experiences are hallucinations and not the soul seeing that thingss.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2010, 01:33:08 PM »

For instance, there is no evidence that lepricons leprechauns and fairies do exist: they have never been seen, caught on camera

How about this for definitive proof?

Apparently they like fire too.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2010, 02:37:44 PM »
Well, I went camping in Willow Creek back in 1997 and saw Bigfoot.  What do you think about that?

theonlyone

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2010, 02:52:33 PM »
 This video will put all discussion in this thread to an end. Guys you have no balls!!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b65_1185917647

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »
When you post with a title talking about facts, i expect to see studies etc to prove your stance not the selfish ramblings of an ego maniac.

you make some interesting points though, and if there were no afterlife then i would agree with you to an extent, however i must ask you:

what if you are wrong ?
175lbs by 31st July

theonlyone

« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »
When you post with a title talking about facts, i expect to see studies etc to prove your stance not the selfish ramblings of an ego maniac.

you make some interesting points though, and if there were no afterlife then i would agree with you to an extent, however i must ask you:

what if you are wrong ?

see the video above

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »
Similar of what I saw on that Winter night back in 1997.  Footprints were about 15in long.   I never believed in Bigfoot but what we saw was either a moron dressed in a suit risking getting shot or the real deal.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2010, 03:28:05 PM »

What about studies proving the opposite hypothesis? Why do you when confronted with two theories, one for which there is no evidence and which goes against probability and deductive logic, and the other for which there is some evidence and is definitely far more reasonably logical, as for proof for the latter but not for the former?

what if you are wrong ?

I can be wrong about this just like I can be wrong about the existence of infinite dimensions where everything is possible no matter how ridiculous. Maybe logic is an illusion. Maybe the pre-condition for logic, the existence of contradictions and limits, is something that only applies to our physical reality and there are realms of boundless potential out there where everything is possible because properties relate to each other in manners where contradictions are impossible. Maybe there are realms where logic still aplies but through different axioms where things that are absurd and impossible in our reality are possible. Maybe there are infinite of such dimensions and thus infinite possibilities are completely possible without logic being broken in the total realm of possibility. Who knows? But the physical reality that we live in clearly has boundaries and things that posses inherit contradictions are not possible. And also because our senses can only comprehend reality accepting boundaries - because our though process is deductive and thus works using boundaries to draw conclusion - apossibilites that do not have boundaties are beyond deductive logic and thus beyond our thought processes.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
Here's another.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2010, 04:04:44 PM »
Here's another.

No ape (apart from homo sapiens) walks entirely upright. I am calling bullshit.
I hate the State.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2010, 04:28:01 PM »
Whether there is a after life or not, without religion and the fear of punishment in the after life, you would have never gotten this far. Humans would still be living in mud huts ect... because no one would allow there to be anything beyond that. Soon as one person had more the the next, the mob would kill that person. In a society without the fear of god, you would have people killing people if they had one more piece of bread then the other.

Fear of god and religion was created to control the masses and was the prerequisite for government and capitalism to work.

Do you think for one second slaves would have sat back and not slaughtered their masters without their fear of god upbringing?

Do you think for one second the 10% of unemployed people who have a few days of unemployment benefits left would just sit by and watch their kids go without food? No, people would kill in a second without the fear of what mite happen to them beyond this life.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2010, 04:37:43 PM »
Whether there is a after life or not, without religion and the fear of punishment in the after life, you would have never gotten this far. Humans would still be living in mud huts ect... because no one would allow there to be anything beyond that. Soon as one person had more the the next, the mob would kill that person. In a society without the fear of god, you would have people killing people if they had one more piece of bread then the other.

Fear of god and religion was created to control the masses and was the prerequisite for government and capitalism to work.

Do you think for one second slaves would have sat back and not slaughtered their masters without their fear of god upbringing?

Do you think for one second the 10% of unemployed people who have a few days of unemployment benefits left would just sit by and watch their kids go without food? No, people would kill in a second without the fear of what mite happen to them beyond this life.
::)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2010, 04:42:13 PM »

Yes religion has always been a tool to control the masses.

For dumb people religion can be a good moral compass I guess but education is better.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2010, 04:56:58 PM »
This is not true anyways.

In Sweden 85% of the people are atheist (most in the world). The remaining 15% are mostly muslim immigrants. And it's the religious immigrants that commits the most crimes ;)

Our country has alot less crimes/capita than America which is very religious.

So that theory is not true it is the opposite.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »
No ape (apart from homo sapiens) walks entirely upright. I am calling bullshit.

I agree,  I never believed but that camping trip flipped me out.  No alcohol or drugs were consumed that night.  Now if it was a guy dressed in a suit, well he took a chance on being shot. At first we thought it was a guy but then it looked like a big gorrila.  And you never do want to shoot thinking it could be a person screwing around.  I don't believe in ghosts either but I had two very personal stories that changed my life. 

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »
"You will never find an atheist in a foxhole..."

or so it goes.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2010, 06:00:44 PM »
This is not true anyways.

In Sweden 85% of the people are atheist (most in the world). The remaining 15% are mostly muslim immigrants. And it's the religious immigrants that commits the most crimes ;)

Our country has alot less crimes/capita than America which is very religious.

So that theory is not true it is the opposite.

An overwhelming majority of criminals are theists.

Of course it is almost proportional to the number of theists in normal society.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2010, 06:11:01 PM »
An overwhelming majority of criminals are theists.

Of course it is almost proportional to the number of theists in normal society.
you have a study that supports this claim?

I know there is a study that shows less than 1% of prison inmates are atheists.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »
you have a study that supports this claim?

I know there is a study that shows less than 1% of prison inmates are atheists.

I've read it in passing somewhere. I can't remember exactly where offhand. It probably wouldn't be too hard to google it though.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2010, 06:43:26 PM »
Hehe. That caught my attention, too. How is it that he hasn't yet been awarded the Nobel Prize for super-duper thinking, I ask you?    ;D

lol, the fact he can say these things are a good indication not to take him very serious.
this guy must be lightyears ahead of today scientists and we have him on getbig! the steroids must have gone to his head?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2010, 07:17:59 PM »
  So why do some people believe in God ??? A belief in an afterlife is tragic, because lots of people give up living this life, the only one that they'll ever have, in hopes that they will be awarded some reward for believing in an arbitrary and anachronistic moral code in their lives. Accept:

- That you are stupid.

- That your shitty life could be much worse and dying is much worst than even the worst life imaginable.

- That the way out from your shitty life(suicide) is much worse as you have nothing to look forward in the afterlife.

- That since there's no afterlife, there is no reason to pull back and stop doing what you have to do make life as good as possible in the one life you'll ever have.

- That intelligent, capable people ARE better than you, and that your shitty life would be much shittier without them - they cure your diseases which prolongs your life and they create the technology that makes your life better. You can be sure that your life would be infinitely worse without the highly intelligent. So treat them as your superiors.

- That what you religious freaks consider paradise is very selfish. You behave kindly so that you will be rewarded with all the things that you deam beneath you in this life in the afterlife.

- Since there is no difference between your idea of paradise and having a good life on Earth, then why wait and not just build a good life here?

- This would be the case even if there were an afterlife, but since there isn't, then it is more reason to do it here.

- That your idea of God is what we Humans are destined to become in the distant future: omniscient, omnipotent, immortal beings.

- Unfortunately this won't save your inferior ass since we are billions and maybe trillions of years away from becoming God.

- Make the most of your life. Paradise is having the best possible life and being the closest to the ideal of being God as possible. Enjoy.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

So you believe ENERGY dies off?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2010, 07:37:19 PM »
So you believe ENERGY dies off?

What has energy got to do with anything? If by energy you mean the energy that forms the electrical impulses in the brain, no, the energy doesen't die of. Like Newton said, energy is never lost and merely transformed. But if by this you mean that the electrical impulses themselves and the thoughts generated by them survive after death, then it is very obviously false. We know for a fact that the electrical impulses don't survive because a dead brain shows no electrical activity. And since thoughts are communications between brain cells that occur via electrochemical mechanism then it is a safe assumption that thoughts - consciousness, ok - doesen't survive as well.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

theonlyone

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2010, 04:58:29 AM »
 You continued your idiotic ramblings as if you didn't notice the video I posted? Either you get us fucking Enstein from the places he abides since his biological death or you jump off the roof as those girls in the video did with ease and then returck back with the report whether there is no afterlife and what most importantly for a fact!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2010, 05:15:31 AM »
You continued your idiotic ramblings as if you didn't notice the video I posted? Either you get us fucking Enstein from the places he abides since his biological death or you jump off the roof as those girls in the video did with ease and then returck back with the report whether there is no afterlife and what most importantly for a fact!!!

Did you know that the biggest scientific findings of the last 10 years were actually made on getbig??

All Nobel prize winners post here under names like "suckmymuscle", "Tbombz" or "BigDickedBob".

SMM is way smarter than the rest of the world, he could invent a rocket with lightyear speed in a splitsecond, then use  it to fly into his own past and kill his own father so he will never be born, just because he can.