Author Topic: I Know For A Fact There's No Afterlife.  (Read 26931 times)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: I Know For A Fact There's No Afterlife.
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2010, 06:47:43 PM »
LMAO just b/c you can come up with a theory doesnt mean it isnt highly unlikely and almost impossible...

this is only what the n^th theory now? each one is almost impossible and highly unlikely...

didnt say it was impossible but almost impossible just like deicide said  ;)

Replace 'almost impossible' for 'high possibility' and you're a little closer to hitting the mark.  Current conclusions are only made after data/calculations has been rigorously tested and retested, again and again and again. Then corroborated by many different sources. It's still a matter of progressive elaboration. The more we know the more refined the conclusions become. The Large Hadron Collider should shed even more light on this subject.

The odds that consciousness continues after death is next to zilch. Zero data, zero evidence, nothing.  No reason to give any credence whatsoever to the notion.

theonlyone

« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2010, 12:23:24 AM »
 Forget about the body of the man who died, key is the part of the universe that expands faster than the speed of light, search afterlife in that part of the universe.

theonlyone

« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2010, 12:45:05 AM »
The Large Hadron Collider should shed even more

Didn't you know that Russia is gonna build a still larger hadron collider than the current one in Europe? How bout USA?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2010, 04:05:03 AM »
Replace 'almost impossible' for 'high possibility' and you're a little closer to hitting the mark.  Current conclusions are only made after data/calculations has been rigorously tested and retested, again and again and again. Then corroborated by many different sources. It's still a matter of progressive elaboration. The more we know the more refined the conclusions become. The Large Hadron Collider should shed even more light on this subject.

The odds that consciousness continues after death is next to zilch. Zero data, zero evidence, nothing.  No reason to give any credence whatsoever to the notion.

Religious people give credence to things, not based on what is likely, but on what makes them feel secure and good; thus rational argument generally does not work with them.
I hate the State.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2010, 05:34:46 AM »
  Ah, my stalker is here. Missed you too, "Donkey".

Did the guy that is smarter than every scientist that ever lived on this earth post the fact yet?

Where have I claimed to be smarter than every scientist who ever lived? And by saying that I think I am smarter than them, you are implying by default that we are in disagreement, when in reality most scientists are atheists and do not believe in an afterlife. Some scientists did believe in God and an afterlife, but that's only because centuries ago the amount of scientific knowledge we had was so small compared to what we have now that it was almost impossible not to believe in God and an afterlife.

Scientific proof that can be reproduced by anyone in a scientific experiment?

The burden of proof is on you to prove that there is an afterlife. Like Cicero once said, the burden of proof is on those who make a claim. Plausible deniability based on lack of evidence for a hypothesis and based on what logical deduction from the data we can infer tells us does not require proof.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2010, 05:38:28 AM »
How is it tell us please. I don't no how. I and butterbean are waiting you posting the fact that there is no afterlife. By the way we are waiting you posting the fact that fairies don't exist

See why I can't have a debate with you? It's like arguing with an ape or a child with ADHD. I won't answer your vitriole further. I will only reply to people who don't keep asking the same questions en absurdum and who have interesting and valid points to make.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2010, 05:39:47 AM »
If you're responding to me, you misread my post.

You are right, kind Sir. I apologize. Anyway, my reply is valid for "Tbombz".

SUCKMYMUSCLE

theonlyone

« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2010, 05:42:50 AM »
 Ah, my stalker is here. Missed you too, "Donkey".

Where have I claimed to be smarter than every scientist who ever lived? And by saying that I think I am smarter than them, you are implying by default that we are in disagreement, when in reality most scientists are atheists and do not believe in an afterlife. Some scientists did believe in God and an afterlife, but that's only because centuries ago the amount of scientific knowledge we had was so small compared to what we have now that it was almost impossible not to believe in God and an afterlife.

The burden of proof is on you to prove that there is an afterlife. Like Cicero once said, the burden of proof is on those who make a claim. Plausible deniability based on lack of evidence for hypothesis and based on what logical deduction from the data we can infer tells us does not require proof.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

if that would have been possible scientists (whom do you call scientist? the ones who don't know a thing about God or an afterlife automatically become scientist?) would have already proved that there is no god/afterlife. If you label yourself a wanna be scientist please prove that there is no afterlife. Once you do call me asap you'll become a millionaire
 You got me! Normally I don't debate with idiots...

suckmymuscle

« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2010, 05:47:23 AM »
LMAO I agree with you but you see you brought up empirical science brain child...

you dont have any proof of their being no after life, you simply use the lack of proof as your evidence...

empirical science says that not proving the null doesnt prove the alternative...let me know if you need me to elaborate on that b/c its obvious youre not getting it...

ever heard of russells tea pot? look it up, it basically says that the person who makes the ascertion has the onus of proving that ascertion...now you say their is no afterlife...prove it...a lack of proof for an afterlife isnt proof against one its proof that its unknown whether there is one or not...

science is a bitch isnt it?  :D ;)

You misunderstood me. I am not using the scientific method to disprove an afterlife; I am using the scientific method to make the point that things that are untestable hypothesis because they lack the logical and factual evidence that would allow us to test it's validity does not make these hypothesis possible just because we cannot disprove it. I am using the empirical evidence simply as plausible deniability and not as absolute proof.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2010, 06:00:01 AM »
why should anyone feel the need to prove there is an afterlife then? after all you cant disprove it only give us your view that there is a lack of evidence...

Because it is you who is making the claim that something exists, not me. I am simply denying the existence of something for which there is no evidence and for which logical deduction based on the data we do have available to understand the phenomena of coonsciousness indicates that it probably does not survive the physiological destruction of the brain at death. Cicero once made that point, that between two conflicting claims, the one less likely is the one that demands proof. Why should I have to prove the existence of an afterlife and not the existence of leprechauns, fairies and pink unicorns?

dont get mad bro, its not like we are saying this SCIENCE is saying this...if you have a problem with this then you have a problem with science not us...

Science says that odds are that I am right, so I have no idea what you are babbling about. Let's see, I have evidence and the logical deductions about the probability of consciousness surviving death on my side. What do you have? You have absolutely nothing.

do you understand the relationship between the null and alternative hypothesis? apparently you do not b/c if you did you would know that lack of proof for one stance isnt proof for the opposing stance...

Sure, the existence of an afterlife is an alternate hypothesis to the one that there is no afterlife, but which is more plausible? We can say that the mathematical probability based on inferential data and deductive logic of your hypothesis is so low as to be virtually null.

again thats science bro...plain and simple I know its hard for you to wrap your head around it but do some research and you shall see

You are kidding? You can't possibly be serious with this shit.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2010, 07:25:50 AM »
Actually it doesn't.  

It is impossible to disprove with 100% certainty the existence of an afterlife for the following reasons:

- The existence of an afterlife is not a testable hypothesis, because no one has ever defined what consciousness is besides the basic mechanistic definition that it is electro-chemical data-processing in the brain, and no method to detect whatever it is besides electrochemical impulses in the brain, if it is anything besides this, has been created to detect it's continued existence after the physiological annihilation of the brain.

- Based on the logical deductions we can make based on the data we can infer, the probability of consciousness surviving the physiological cessation of brain functioning is nul. Since consciousness has only ever been demonstrated to exist in people who have brains and since consciousness has never been seen on people born without brains or who are severely brain damaged, then we can conclude that there is no variable responsible for consciousness extrinsic to the brain otherwise brainless people would exhibit consciousness.

- We cannot conceive the logical branching tree that would allow us to understand existence of consciousness without the existence of the brain, because we cannot conceive the variables that could be responsible for consciousness besides the electrochemical mechanism that gives rise to it. We cannot "solve" the problem of whether consciousness exists besides the brain because we cannot solve a problem for which the axioms are unknown, just like a physicist cannot determine the rate of temperature change in an object exposed to heat if he does not know the intensity of the heat being applied to the object and how thermally resistent the object in case is. Problems with axioms that are unknown cannot be solved.

Are you rejecting the possibility of a "magical dimension" based on either having our laws of physics and biology or having no laws at all?  Doesn't that either/or seem illogical?

How is either/or illogical? Solving contradictions is the very definition of logic. Let me explain what I meant. We cannot conceive of an universe where beings can walk through walls defying the laws of physics or can survive without food, defying the laws of biology, because it goes against the logic of our universe, the only one we know to exist. Since this is the only universe we know to exist and since things work here in this way, an universe where things works differently is implausible given our logic and reason. So we must deny the existence of such an universe until we can comprehend it by laws that make sense in our reality. My second point is if that those things are possible there because logic doesen't apply there, then it is pointless talking about it because our thought is deductive and we can make no deductions about the properties of a system/universe where logic doesen't apply.

The title of your thread is "I Know for Fact There's No AFterlife.  We are just waiting for the fact.

Post one fact proving an afterlife and I will post a fact proving the non-existence of an afterlife. The burden of proof is on you. You are the one claiming that something exists. I am simply denying until evidence is presented or until consciousness is proven to exist besides the electrochemical processing of the brain and a plausible logical mechanism for why this penomena does not require the brain to exist is proven despite all evidence to the contrary. Good luck.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

theonlyone

« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2010, 07:40:06 AM »
 IF the human brain repeatedly pound with hammer it doesn't survive which proves that there is no afterlife

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2010, 07:57:16 AM »
logic

How does logic say that the existence of God is inevitable? Actually, of the trillion trillion trillion trillion possibilities for the origin of the Universe, having a magical being who created everything at the beggining is one of the least probable.

causal chain.

What has this got to do with anything? Everything that exists is logically explicable by processes of derivation - hydrogen atoms fuse and give birth to other atoms: Carbon atoms form long chains that give birth to living organisms, which through a process of natural selection result in Human Beings. The only cause that is not derivative is the birth of the Universe. And again, how does postulating a magic being at the beggining solve anything?

infinitely complex universe, infitely complex constituents of the universe.

What? The Universe is not infinitely complex. Actually, the amount of information in the Universe is limited. For instance, everything that exists is derived from slightly over 100 elements. By definition, not everything is possible and the Universe does not have infinite properties, so the amount of information in the Universe is limited. I don't really understand what you mean by information here. If you mean the information regarding the workings of the Universe and it's constituents, then the information is limited.

material substance (mass/energy) that is completely incomprehensible from any angle or view point. and other things.

Actually, matter and energy are very well understood. Energy is defined in physics as the capacity to produce work, and we know a lot about matter: that it is made of particles, that it can be transformed through chemical reactions, etc.

If you mean that it cannot be understood intrinsically as an end of/means to describe existence in a metaphysical sense, then I agree with you. No one knows what the ultimate nature of reality is and what matter and energy truly are intrinsically - metaphysically. But it is certainly not "completely incomprehensible" from a strictu sensu definition of it physically.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2010, 08:00:59 AM »
Really, SMM, you're the smartest guy on the board.

Why do you waste your time with all the idiots here, you should be out there lecturing some professors and destroy some scientists in podium discussions.

You could make millions with your wisdom and intelligence, publish a book or two each year that will be bestsellers, i.e. "Bear vs. Lion -- The conflict that changed the earth".

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
Really, SMM, you're the smartest guy on the board.

Why do you waste your time with all the idiots here, you should be out there lecturing some professors and destroy some scientists in podium discussions.

You could make millions with your wisdom and intelligence, publish a book or two each year that will be bestsellers, i.e. "Bear vs. Lion -- The conflict that changed the earth".

don't let it worry your simple mind.
175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2010, 06:06:34 PM »
don't let it worry your simple mind.

Oh sorry that i insulted you, YOU are by far the smartest muscle machine on this board!!

theonlyone

« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2010, 09:04:30 AM »
 SUCKHISMUSCLE suddenly has ceased posting? Did he already voice out his fact?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2010, 12:13:26 PM »
Oh sorry that i insulted you, YOU are by far the smartest muscle machine on this board!!

fair enough.

you are forgiven.
175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2010, 08:48:58 PM »

He's afraid that Fatpanda chimed in, the only person on the planet that is more muscular and smarter than SMD.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2010, 12:03:04 AM »
don't things in nature always happen repeatedly?

scientifically

we've all been dead before and we were all born

why won't we be reborn after we die this time?
TEAM LAURA LEE!

theonlyone

« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2010, 09:01:54 AM »
don't things in nature always happen repeatedly?

scientifically

we've all been dead before and we were all born

why won't we be reborn after we die this time?

We may have been dead before but who was an initial creator?

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2010, 07:11:46 PM »
We may have been dead before but who was an initial creator?

i dont know

i just know that we were dead once, then alive, we'll be dead again, then alive.....

why not?
TEAM LAURA LEE!

theonlyone

« Reply #172 on: October 14, 2010, 08:02:37 AM »
i dont know

i just know that we were dead once, then alive, we'll be dead again, then alive.....

why not?

We don't know whether the afterlife exists but that is how the intelligent man would think. Not an intelligent one would think once we dead that's it it's a fact... 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2010, 12:18:45 PM »
 So why do some people believe in God ??? A belief in an afterlife is tragic, because lots of people give up living this life, the only one that they'll ever have, in hopes that they will be awarded some reward for believing in an arbitrary and anachronistic moral code in their lives. Accept:

- That you are stupid.

- That your shitty life could be much worse and dying is much worst than even the worst life imaginable.

- That the way out from your shitty life(suicide) is much worse as you have nothing to look forward in the afterlife.

- That since there's no afterlife, there is no reason to pull back and stop doing what you have to do make life as good as possible in the one life you'll ever have.

- That intelligent, capable people ARE better than you, and that your shitty life would be much shittier without them - they cure your diseases which prolongs your life and they create the technology that makes your life better. You can be sure that your life would be infinitely worse without the highly intelligent. So treat them as your superiors.

- That what you religious freaks consider paradise is very selfish. You behave kindly so that you will be rewarded with all the things that you deam beneath you in this life in the afterlife.

- Since there is no difference between your idea of paradise and having a good life on Earth, then why wait and not just build a good life here?

- This would be the case even if there were an afterlife, but since there isn't, then it is more reason to do it here.

- That your idea of God is what we Humans are destined to become in the distant future: omniscient, omnipotent, immortal beings.

- Unfortunately this won't save your inferior ass since we are billions and maybe trillions of years away from becoming God.

- Make the most of your life. Paradise is having the best possible life and being the closest to the ideal of being God as possible. Enjoy.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Christopher Michael Langan has the highest I.Q in the U.S(190+), and he believes in God. However, his argument for the belief in God is so extraordinarily intellectually sophisticated that theists would be disappointed, because the kind of God that he believes in is not teleological at all, but a kind of dynamic process of identification and definition. He bases it on the self-containment paradox, which has troubled mathematicians for centuries, and he argues that the only way to understand God is to assume that logic plays the same role in reality as axioms in mathematics., and that reality itself is more a matter of perception, which is tied in definition, then really of inductive and deductive logic. Everyone who tries to challenge him gets owned, even Nobelists in physics, because the man has a brain roughly twice the size of a normal person.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2010, 10:21:51 AM »

You are so childish and stupid. I am actually embarassed for you.

SUCKMYMUSCLE