Author Topic: You Like Bodybuilding Yet You're a Liberal???  (Read 3536 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: You Like Bodybuilding Yet You're a Liberal???
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 02:01:49 PM »
People should be voting Libertarian if they do.

The problem is that people want freedom and individual liberty for themselves, but they want to tell everyone else what the fuck to do.

You can't have it both ways.

True of many but not all. 

While i find a ton of things distateful and disgusting, I view the imposition og govt mandate and regulation as a worse enemy, so will put up with crap i personally detest. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 02:03:09 PM »
I agree that you should be able to do steroids.

But wouldn't you want their production regulated? Do you think the government should inspect aspirin that companies sell to people?

Do you disapprove of minimal sanitary standards for restaurants?

Their production now comes from some moron getting poweders slipped into the country and some goober mixing them in his basement.That doesnt sound very regulated to me.Before they were made in legit labs then our filthy government unleashed operation gear grinder and forced them deeper underground.As usual the governments good intentions have disasterous results.

Resturants>Hmmm,some inspecter goes in,is slipped 200 bucks and passes the joint.Super,I feel much safer.

The problem with voting libertarian is you assure democrats stay in power.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 02:04:26 PM »
True of many but not all. 

While i find a ton of things distateful and disgusting, I view the imposition og govt mandate and regulation as a worse enemy, so will put up with crap i personally detest. 

You are in the minority.

Most people like telling others what to do... I am with you myself, I would rather have freedom for all but the most evil things, then sit around telling people what they can do.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 02:07:59 PM »
People should be voting Libertarian if they do.

The problem is that people want freedom and individual liberty for themselves, but they want to tell everyone else what the fuck to do.

You can't have it both ways.

Sure you can.  Even libertarians tell everyone else what to do.  They don't believe in anarchy, do they?  If libertarians support a complete absence of government regulation, they are supporting anarchy.  If they support government regulation, they support "telling everyone else what to do."    

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 02:23:16 PM »
Sure you can.  Even libertarians tell everyone else what to do.  They don't believe in anarchy, do they?  If libertarians support a complete absence of government regulation, they are supporting anarchy.  If they support government regulation, they support "telling everyone else what to do."     

While I know you picking nits... read my followup post.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 02:28:06 PM »
While I know you picking nits... read my followup post.

You mean this? 

Most people like telling others what to do... I am with you myself, I would rather have freedom for all but the most evil things, then sit around telling people what they can do.

Who determines what "the most evil things" are?  And how do they tell people not to engage in those "most evil things" without telling people what to do?  (I don't think it's possible.)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 02:32:19 PM »
You mean this? 

Who determines what "the most evil things" are?  And how do they tell people not to engage in those "most evil things" without telling people what to do?  (I don't think it's possible.)

Like Murder, rape, robbery... I think everyone no matter what can agree those things are bad.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 02:39:06 PM »
Like Murder, rape, robbery... I think everyone no matter what can agree those things are bad.

I agree, which is a large part of the reason why I don't believe most reasonable people are moral skeptics (even those who claim to be). 

But libertarians will still struggle with the same issues as traditional parties, because not everything is as black and white as murder, rape, and robbery. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 07:03:58 PM »
I agree that you should be able to do steroids.

But wouldn't you want their production regulated? Do you think the government should inspect aspirin that companies sell to people?

Do you disapprove of minimal sanitary standards for restaurants?

Here's the thing, anytime someone with conservative ideas about government regulation, immediately opposition starts making claims stating that these people want no regulation. That's just not true. Of course there has to be some level of regulation over certain things, it's "a necessary evil."

The argument, the desire is regulation only where necessary, government intervention only where absolutely necessary.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 07:11:10 PM »
You would think the US would have learned something when they passed the 18th Amendment. If people want something like booze, they are going to get it, legal or not. All they do is create an environment for illegal activity.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 07:27:39 PM »
You would think the US would have learned something when they passed the 18th Amendment. If people want something like booze, they are going to get it, legal or not. All they do is create an environment for illegal activity.

And french fries are next on the list...yes, french fries.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 06:15:51 AM »
Libertarians allow laws that infringe on others rights.If your doing something that is infringing or hurting others,then thats a reasonable law.Other then that ,they are for freeedom.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 06:33:06 AM »
Enjoy it for now, because if the progressive machine has its way you can say goodbye to supplements in general.

According to progressives, you don't need supplements so there is no reason for them to be available to you in the first place. What you do have a need for is to eat and put in your body what they want you to eat and put in your body.

Example, you want fries with your burger, sorry, you can have apple slices or carrot sticks.

Oh, I'm enjoying them, including the packets of TITAN Whey Protein Isolate, for $0.20 each, that I just picked up.

;D