Author Topic: NY Republican Gov. Candidate Makes Anti-Gay Remarks  (Read 4878 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
NY Republican Gov. Candidate Makes Anti-Gay Remarks
« on: October 11, 2010, 04:36:33 AM »
He could have never said a word - and won this election.  This isn't going to play well with moderates.  Sounds like he's still running for the primary - bashing gays and acting angry to rally far-right support.  Did nobody tell him it's time to 'act moderate' to win the job? 

(Oct. 10) -- A Republican gubernatorial hopeful in New York told a meeting of Orthodox Jewish leaders on Sunday that children should not be "brainwashed" into believing homosexuality is an acceptable way to live.

The remarks came as Tea Party-backed Carl Paladino discussed why he is opposed to gay marriage. "I just think my children and your children would be much better off and much more successful getting married and raising a family, and I don't want them brainwashed into thinking that homosexuality is an equally valid and successful option -- it isn't," he said, reading from a prepared speech, according to The New York Times.

The written address went a step further, saying, "There is nothing to be proud of in being a dysfunctional homosexual." Paladino did not read that line during the speech, according to reports.

Paladino also slammed his Democratic rival, Andrew Cuomo, for marching in New York's gay pride parade. "That's not the example that we should be showing our children," he said, according to the New York Daily News.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: NY Republican Gov. Candidate Makes Anti-Gay Remarks
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 04:52:54 AM »
I'm really pissed off with this crap 240 - he had the chance of a lifetime and is throwing this away with this crap. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:26:08 AM »
Huh?Does ANYONE believe he really could have won that easily?This is NY state,the most liberal area on earth.The only reason the republicans had any support in this race was HIM.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:27:40 AM »
Huh?Does ANYONE believe he really could have won that easily?This is NY state,the most liberal area on earth.The only reason the republicans had any support in this race was HIM.

No, but a lot of libs i know would have voted for him if he simply stayed on the mosque, taxes, and especially property taxes. 

Once it gets into gay s and abortion, they retreat right back to the dems. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 08:32:07 AM »
No, but a lot of libs i know would have voted for him if he simply stayed on the mosque, taxes, and especially property taxes. 

Once it gets into gay s and abortion, they retreat right back to the dems. 

If people are so freaking stupid that they will vote for a man that was one of the main ones responsible for the housing market collapse and the economy collapsing because they dont like anti gay or abortion comments,then they get what they deserve.The last Cuomo almost wrecked the state,this one will finnish it off.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 08:36:51 AM »
I give this idiot credit for honestly speaking his mind

I'm sure no one doubts that he understood what he was saying (or had intended to say - I think he had released a written copy of his speech before giving it and might have tried to clean it up a bit)

maybe he doesn't really want the job and the campaign is just a cover to raise donations which he can then use to pay out as "expenses" to his various companies

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 08:52:33 AM »
Nothing wrong with what he said. But, NY is a haven for liberal morons and it will cost him. Not that he was going to win anyway, but he had a much better chance if he wasn't so honest and truthful.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 09:09:55 AM »
I'm really pissed off with this crap 240 - he had the chance of a lifetime and is throwing this away with this crap. 

i agree.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »
some ppl just can't help themselves.  the same kind of crazy uncontrollable emotion that won him the emotion - he can't stop it now.

the gay topic is a lose-lose... anyone who agrees with his extreme view is ALREADY probably voting repub in this eleciton.  Nothing to lose by saying this.

Where did he and Cuomo rank initially in polls when he won the nod?  I thought it was darn close?  it's been a 12-point swing against him- and that was BEFORE these comments.

Does anyone here defend him saying these things?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 09:38:35 AM »
some ppl just can't help themselves.  the same kind of crazy uncontrollable emotion that won him the emotion - he can't stop it now.

the gay topic is a lose-lose... anyone who agrees with his extreme view is ALREADY probably voting repub in this eleciton.  Nothing to lose by saying this.

Where did he and Cuomo rank initially in polls when he won the nod?  I thought it was darn close?  it's been a 12-point swing against him- and that was BEFORE these comments.

Sure,  if that is how he truly feels.  Why shouldn't he?  Oh yeah, many of you would prefer someone to just lie about how they really feel because thats "politics..."

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 10:03:42 AM »

I agree with it.It used to be if you were a homosexual you hid it from the world,now they flaunt it.THERE IS NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF BEING A PILLOW BITER!How do I know?Everytime homosexual marriage is on the ballot,it is defeated.Put a hom kid on the internet having sex with another guy?The kid kills himself.One kid calls another kid on the playground a fag and there is a fight.

Libs like you can try to normalise it all yoyu want,the vast majority of Americans dont like it,dont want to see it and looks down on it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 10:05:30 AM »
I agree with it.It used to be if you were a homosexual you hid it from the world,now they flaunt it.THERE IS NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF BEING A PILLOW BITER!How do I know?Everytime homosexual marriage is on the ballot,it is defeated.Put a hom kid on the internet having sex with another guy?The kid kills himself.One kid calls another kid on the playground a fag and there is a fight.

Libs like you can try to normalise it all yoyu want,the vast majority of Americans dont like it,dont want to see it and looks down on it.

We need the guy to win, not page Pickets' Charge against gays.   Its just bad politics.   

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 10:15:07 AM »
I give this idiot credit for honestly speaking his mind

I'm sure no one doubts that he understood what he was saying (or had intended to say - I think he had released a written copy of his speech before giving it and might have tried to clean it up a bit)

maybe he doesn't really want the job and the campaign is just a cover to raise donations which he can then use to pay out as "expenses" to his various companies

political contributions are non deductible

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 10:30:12 AM »
We need the guy to win, not page Pickets' Charge against gays.   Its just bad politics.   

Frankly I don't care if he wins.I moved out of the east coast and couldn't care less about it.NY will get what it deserves.They will elect the most inept,stupid,left wing liberal since his retard father.NY will be wrecked during his term and New Yorkers will wonder why.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 10:39:52 AM »
Frankly I don't care if he wins.I moved out of the east coast and couldn't care less about it.NY will get what it deserves.They will elect the most inept,stupid,left wing liberal since his retard father.NY will be wrecked during his term and New Yorkers will wonder why.

I fucking care as I live here! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !    we can't afford Cuomo and his rubber stamp on the crazy dems in albany. 

Cuomo will be a disaster! 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 10:44:08 AM »
political contributions are non deductible

I'm talking about the $$$'s he is receiving

he has been paying his own affiliated companies for campaign expenses

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 10:46:43 AM »
I'm talking about the $$$'s he is receiving

he has been paying his own affiliated companies for campaign expenses

Paladino threw away the election with this.  I'm pissed off.    Had he stayed on the taxes, pensions, spending, corruption, and Andy's roll in the meltdown of subprime, he could have won. 

This stupid gaffe means the soccer sluts from Westchester, nassau, and Suffolk, as well as the liberals from NYC are going to come out massively for Andy. 

Damn Carl - you could have been a contender.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 11:04:41 AM »

I admire the fact you're all about political strategy, instead of being one of those "Paladino is totally right, he's brave to say it, and we're gonna win BIGTIME" cheerleaders!

He should be up 4-5 points by now.  He's shooting himself in the foot by not moving center to win the race.  instead of illustrating how Cuomo's policies will hurt NYers pockets - he's treatening reporters and trashing Gays... it's insane.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 11:06:37 AM »

I admire the fact you're all about political strategy, instead of being one of those "Paladino is totally right, he's brave to say it, and we're gonna win BIGTIME" cheerleaders!

He should be up 4-5 points by now.  He's shooting himself in the foot by not moving center to win the race.  instead of illustrating how Cuomo's policies will hurt NYers pockets - he's treatening reporters and trashing Gays... it's insane.

I am completely pissed off over this.  he ran a great primary  campaign and should have stuck with exactly what he was doing - jobs, taxes, spending, the mosque, and corruption. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 11:10:04 AM »

I fucking care as I live here! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !    we can't afford Cuomo and his rubber stamp on the crazy dems in albany. 

Cuomo will be a disaster! 

No shit he will be a disaster.BUT your people will vote him in.Its obvious they are either too stupid or dont care to see that he wil be a disaster.So,people like left wing loony 240 will focus on Paladino talking about queers and ignore the fact that Cuomo pushed the community reinvestments act more then anyone and caused the housing collapse.Obviously queers are much more important then the economy for libs.

I also find it funny that Paladino is portrayed as out of the mainstream but Cuomo wants to leagalise gay marriage which is far out of the mainstream based on every vote and every poll is seen as reasonable.

Lastly I must also comment on 240 saying "Paladino is bald and ugly".Wow,Cuomo looks just like his baggy eyed father.Frankly I dont see how is Italian,he looks like his name should be Cuomostein.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 01:40:53 PM »
No shit he will be a disaster.BUT your people will vote him in.Its obvious they are either too stupid or dont care to see that he wil be a disaster.So,people like left wing loony 240 will focus on Paladino talking about queers and ignore the fact that Cuomo pushed the community reinvestments act more then anyone and caused the housing collapse.Obviously queers are much more important then the economy for libs.

I also find it funny that Paladino is portrayed as out of the mainstream but Cuomo wants to leagalise gay marriage which is far out of the mainstream based on every vote and every poll is seen as reasonable.

Lastly I must also comment on 240 saying "Paladino is bald and ugly".Wow,Cuomo looks just like his baggy eyed father.Frankly I dont see how is Italian,he looks like his name should be Cuomostein.

CRA loans did not cause the collapse of RE market

I don't know why you continue believing such bullshit

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 01:53:21 PM »
The CRA alone did not cause it, but it was a contributing factor
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 01:54:40 PM »
CRA loans did not cause the collapse of RE market

I don't know why you continue believing such bullshit

BULLSHIT!!!!The f'n libs FORCED banks to give loans to piles of shit that couldnt pay it back.When the Bush administartion tried to do something about it Dodd and Frank stopped them.It went all the way back to Clinton when Reno threatned banks to keep giving these shit loans.Deny it all you want,and keep the stupid ass left wing articles backing your stupid claims because for every one you show me,I can give you 50 supporting my view.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 02:07:50 PM »
Lastly I must also comment on 240 saying "Paladino is bald and ugly".

Link please?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 02:19:32 PM »
BULLSHIT!!!!The f'n libs FORCED banks to give loans to piles of shit that couldnt pay it back.When the Bush administartion tried to do something about it Dodd and Frank stopped them.It went all the way back to Clinton when Reno threatned banks to keep giving these shit loans.Deny it all you want,and keep the stupid ass left wing articles backing your stupid claims because for every one you show me,I can give you 50 supporting my view.

CRA loans were full doc (unlike ALT-A and subprime) and they've been around since the 1970's and had very low default rates.

you very simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about

I know you'd like to demonize low income borrowers and blame the whole problem on them but it's simply not true

focus your anger on Lehman Brother, AIG, Goldman Sachs and the bond rating agencies