Author Topic: How much is getbig.com worth?  (Read 8518 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
How much is getbig.com worth?
« on: October 11, 2010, 07:03:27 PM »
I think Ron runs getbig mainly because he enjoys his role as a bodybuilding journalist and I can see the appeal in that but I think getbig can be monetized pretty significantly.  I talked about this with Ron at the 2007 Arnold and he seemed to understand this but I honestly don't think he has an interest in doing that in lieu of his role behind the scenes as mentioned above.

Based on the Alexa rankings, getbig is slightly more popular than Muscular Development:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/getbig.com#trafficstats
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/musculardevelopment.com#trafficstats

I just counted the ads in the latest Muscular Development magazine and there are almost 200 pages of ads.  As far as I know, the ads run for around $5,000 per page but you can get them cheaper and I imagine if you buy them in bulk you would get a discount.  The magazine plugs the website a lot and even then the website is not as popular as getbig.

Thoughts?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: How much is getbig.com worth?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 07:04:11 PM »
It's worth go fuck yourself dollars and eat shit cents

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 07:04:41 PM »
bout tree fiddy.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 07:07:04 PM »
It  is worth as much as your wardrobe which = about $120
U

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
It's worth go fuck yourself dollars and eat shit cents

LOL DUDE, you ok bro? Did your girl steal the last bit of your hair spray or something? You drop your eye liner in the toilet?

io856

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 07:10:18 PM »
what the hell is getbig going to know?  ::)

shouldn't you pm or email Ron or something?

lame...

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
LOL DUDE, you ok bro? Did your girl steal the last bit of your hair spray or something? You drop your eye liner in the toilet?

lol at "your girl"

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 07:13:04 PM »
lol at "your girl"

my bad... forgot i was talking to you... Did your boyfriend cum in your eye again?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 07:14:07 PM »
my bad... forgot i was talking to you... Did your boyfriend cum in your eye again?

negative on that front as well

i'm a very lonely, sexual ambiguous, internet personality

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 07:14:52 PM »
negative on that front as well

i'm a very lonely, sexual ambiguous, internet personality

Word.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 07:16:56 PM »
what the hell is getbig going to know?  ::)

shouldn't you pm or email Ron or something?

lame...

I just find it intriguing that Ron has no interest in monetizing it.  I think he just enjoys the experience of being a behind the scenes journalist.  It's also pretty impressive to me that getbig gets more traffic than MD considering MD is one of the biggest magazines in the industry.  And not to engage in conspiracy theorizing, but I wonder if any of the big industry players offered to buy getbig.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 07:19:57 PM »
I think Ron runs getbig mainly because he enjoys his role as a bodybuilding journalist and I can see the appeal in that but I think getbig can be monetized pretty significantly.  I talked about this with Ron at the 2007 Arnold and he seemed to understand this but I honestly don't think he has an interest in doing that in lieu of his role behind the scenes as mentioned above.

Based on the Alexa rankings, getbig is slightly more popular than Muscular Development:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/getbig.com#trafficstats
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/musculardevelopment.com#trafficstats

I just counted the ads in the latest Muscular Development magazine and there are almost 200 pages of ads.  As far as I know, the ads run for around $5,000 per page but you can get them cheaper and I imagine if you buy them in bulk you would get a discount.  The magazine plugs the website a lot and even then the website is not as popular as getbig.

Thoughts?

Bodybuilding journalist? LOLZ  :D :D
X

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 07:22:46 PM »
Bodybuilding journalist? LOLZ  :D :D

HAHA......

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 07:24:11 PM »
I just find it intriguing that Ron has no interest in monetizing it.  I think he just enjoys the experience of being a behind the scenes journalist.  It's also pretty impressive to me that getbig gets more traffic than MD considering MD is one of the biggest magazines in the industry.  And not to engage in conspiracy theorizing, but I wonder if any of the big industry players offered to buy getbig.

Maybe Uncle Ron has...

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »
Epic delusions, you think you got a chance in the industry with that oversized nose, and poor hair cut.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 07:37:24 PM »
Epic delusions, you think you got a chance in the industry with that oversized nose, and poor hair cut.

I haven't thought about it much, but yes I would say I have a chance.  The reason why I think that is because the industry is very niche and small and it's not really hard to network with everyone if the circle is so small.  The hair and nose can be fixed.  ;D  In reality I should have dealt with my nose when it was broken in 2003, if not for aesthetics, at least to help my breathing.

After running my website for so many years now I just think it's kind of silly to ignore it.  I may as well keep my website and add more to it despite my interest in bodybuilding waning through the years.  I'm also interested in giving bodybuilding one more shot because to be honest, I do enjoy being more muscular and I have been very thin lately since I haven't been focusing on bodybuilding much.  I don't think being 180-190 would be that unhealthy.  As bent as the industry may be, I think following bodybuilding has added a lot of quality in my life and I want to help the people who have helped me which is why I offer free banners on my forum for anyone interested.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 07:40:17 PM »
I just find it intriguing that Ron has no interest in monetizing it.  I think he just enjoys the experience of being a behind the scenes journalist. 

So what does he do for money?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 07:50:39 PM »
So what does he do for money?

Alex23 said he is a company rep working in distribution or something along those lines.  I think Ron deserves credit for giving us getbig free from ads even though he could probably make six figures a year off it if he really wanted to.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 07:54:39 PM »
I don't believe any of these websites are worth even close to what people claim... like facebook being worth 6 billion...WTF ?!?!

Jizzacked

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »
asking the actual value of getbig is a little arbitrary.. as it is worth whatever a particular individual or entity may be willing to pay for it.  a better gauge of value is to analyze the potential profit that can be generated on a monthly or annual basis with the incorporation of a few revenue generating ideas.  

in that sense, I think getbig without even doing much could easily bring in low 6 figures a year.  monetized in a very efficient manner, I think that number could potentially reach the 7 figure mark on an annual basis if handled correctly.  not a guarantee, but it certainly is possible if it were to be treated as a legitimate business.  internet advertising is actually my profession and has been for over 10 years, so while I may be qualified to talk about the subject, those numbers are just a first glance estimate of the possibilities.  getbig is essentially an untapped cash cow.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 08:00:50 PM »

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »
Ron's getbig.com has a conservative estimate worth of $6.9 billion

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »
it's worth more than a self hating canadian jew fag that love the Nazis yet visit BB shows in extra small tank top and hair cut that Queen veeshy would be proud of
I

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 08:29:44 PM »

Looks like you're more Jewish than Ron is.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 08:56:47 PM »
I don't believe any of these websites are worth even close to what people claim... like facebook being worth 6 billion...WTF ?!?!

I think the market value of Facebook is based largely on speculation of future value.  Facebook has the potential to be one of the biggest businesses of this century.  So in this sense, the worth of Facebook is based on its potential but in reality anything can happen and its market value can plunge if something goes wrong.
Bodybuilding Pro.com