Author Topic: PBW: Nationals Report - Plus: Kai's Olympia Struggle - What REALLY Happened?  (Read 24765 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW Announcement - Episode #206

Live from Atlanta! The 2010 NPC Nationals Report (Replay Now Available)

Plus a Special Report: Investigating Kai Greene's Olympia Struggle

Following a big weekend in Atlanta, PBW presents the 2010 NPC Nationals Post-Show Report!  Tune in for the usual serving of inside scoop and analysis as the country's top amateurs battle for entrance into the IFBB's Pro League. -- Also on this weeks broadcast, PBW examines the surprising events that lead to Kai Greene's improbable departure from the Olympia Top 6. What REALLY went wrong for the defending Arnold Classic champ?  -- Presented by MuscleTech, bodybuilding talk radio airs LIVE on Mondays at 8pm ET.

Listen Now at www.BodybuildingRadio.com  
Replays Provided courtesy of Bodybuilding.com

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine, The Muscle Asylum Project, Six Star Muscle and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend.
The presenting sponsor of the annual "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships" in Tampa, FL
and a proud supporter of the NPC's USA Championships!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
anyone have this pose from this year's Olympia?  This was his improvement from 07 til 09, I believe?

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
Are we actually going to get to hear from Kai and Oscar or will it just be gossip and speculation or typical pre-contest mishaps?

Let's hear from Kai so we're not left with 60 minutes of guess work :)

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
Kai got too big - plain and simple.  He tried to pull a Ronnie and show up 15 pounds bigger, and just couldn't get in condition.  God help them all, if/when Kai does get that much size in shape.
I

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Kai got too big - plain and simple.  He tried to pull a Ronnie and show up 15 pounds bigger, and just couldn't get in condition.  God help them all, if/when Kai does get that much size in shape.

Ehhhh at this point, it's gonna be Jay or Phil.  And then it's just going to be Phil, then everyone else.  Phil got bigger and kept the size in control.  Torso went from being weak to one of the strongest on the stage.  Belly - he kept that in check after it was a little messy at times a year ago.

Unless Phil gets injured, I never see Kai leapfrogging him for the title.  I think he's "next". 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Ehhhh at this point, it's gonna be Jay or Phil.  And then it's just going to be Phil, then everyone else.  Phil got bigger and kept the size in control.  Torso went from being weak to one of the strongest on the stage.  Belly - he kept that in check after it was a little messy at times a year ago.

Unless Phil gets injured, I never see Kai leapfrogging him for the title.  I think he's "next". 

False...don't fall trap to a guy getting second place...while well deserved Kai is better than Jay at 100% and a Jay from 09 beats a Phil this year...

If Kai decides to do the Arnold (he will), he'll need to get that hype back and there's no place better than at a show that you have won the last two years...I have no doubt, he'll scale it back and be better than ever.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
If Kai decides to do the Arnold (he will), he'll need to get that hype back and there's no place better than at a show that you have won the last two years...I have no doubt, he'll scale it back and be better than ever.

kai won 2 straight arnolds - they sure didn't give him any 'momentum' going into the Olympia

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
kai won 2 straight arnolds - they sure didn't give him any 'momentum' going into the Olympia

Exactly but it gave his first Arnold win gave him momentum for the 2nd one...He shouldn't have won this year he was off.  One reason he won is because he is the incumbent.  It will be more evident next year.  The Arnold is now his show.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Exactly but it gave his first Arnold win gave him momentum for the 2nd one...He shouldn't have won this year he was off.  One reason he won is because he is the incumbent.  It will be more evident next year.  The Arnold is now his show.

so where do you see Kai placing at the O next year?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
so where do you see Kai placing at the O next year?

He'll win it....
He'll come in looking similar to 09 in condition with a bit more size and the hype will start again...
Phil will get second Again.  Don't know about Dex and Branch..

Trust me the Arnold is Kai's show...

Kai is the kind of guy that will out work, juice and prepare anyone...He has nothing else...He just happen to make a mistake...I'd be really interested to know if he's still working with Oscar or trying something different...I think working with an Aceto or Farrah would do him well...He has the kind of physique to when he's off he looks really off. IMO he should compete no heavier than 255lbs.

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
Kai has already answered about what happened at the Olympia. Pretty much he can't nail it down to one thing, but one thing is for sure he is hungrier than ever for the Arnold win to redeem himself. He feels he let down his fans and sponsor and is ready for redemption.

Nothing else to add to the really. No special surprise answers folks.

MB

• Getbig IV

Kai had a lot of momentum going into the Olympia.  Listening to Jim Rockell on PBW, I really think the judges were ready to give Kai the title this year if he hadn't blown it.   

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Oscar has failed him

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
He forgot to put the lotion in the basket. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
He forgot to put the lotion in the basket. 

I dont know what that means

Stavios

He needs another guru but he is too much of a pussy mentally.
remember with Glass ?

Glass wasn't treating him like a baby so he dropped him

240 is Back

• Getbig V
who did glass train for this year's Olympia?

Stavios

who did glass train for this year's Olympia?

Dexter
Victor
McQuay

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
Dexter
Victor
McQuay

Victor...Jeez, tons of potential but, it will never happen for him!!

homonunculus

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
anyone have this pose from this year's Olympia?  This was his improvement from 07 til 09, I believe?

This isn't quite the same but not far off and you can see (as much as I dislike using pics to make these comparisons) that he either wasn't even CLOSE to hitting the shot, or he's just not as conditioned.

http://pics.musculardevelopment.com/show.php?bbcode=7653&r_no=9438191&snippet=1421&url=http://pics.musculardevelopment.com/photos/transferred/_O5C3778_MCJEIWGFJX.JPG&forward=http%3A%2F%2Fpics.musculardevelopment.com%2Findex.php%3Fmode%3Dbrowse%26id%3D7653%26eventcode%3D1421%26page%3D2

-S

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
I dont know what that means

it puts the lotion in the basket

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
Kai just missed his peak. It happens. Happened to every pro. Kai still has the tools and luscle to dominate everyone! When he is on, Heath would have a hard time with him