Author Topic: "I'm undecided"  (Read 4648 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
"I'm undecided"
« on: October 15, 2010, 01:47:01 PM »

I am still undecided.  although not leaning as much towards Wittman.  I like Jerry Brown.  I have listen to numerous radio interviews with him over the years.  I think he did a good job in Oakland.  The biggest thing that worries me about him is that he represents everything that's wrong with California.  He neck deep in politics there, special interest groups, rubbing people's back etc...  I fear he'll just make it worse.  With Meg i like her messages, but don't trust her integrity as much now.  She'll try and change things which will cause lots of problems too, but she isn't part of that political club there.

This is not a slam against Ozmo, but I have never understood voters who claim to be “undecided.”  Are they attention whores?  Are they simply not paying attention to the candidates and issues?  Are they just stupid?  How, when faced with two candidates that are so diametrically opposed, can one be undecided when given a choice between Bush/Gore, Obama/McCain, Brown/Whitman, Boxer/Fiorinna?  Even if one does not like the major party candidates it is not that hard to find a third party candidate that is in line with your sensibilities and priorities for federal, state, or local government.  I can respect people who choose a candidate I do not support, but I cannot respect voters who are undecided—even up until days before an election.

Are you undecided?  Why?  What are you expecting or hoping to hear that is going to help you make a decision and why couldn’t you make this decision before now? ???

Even hardcore politicos can be overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices in races with dozens of candidates and ballot measures.  Not many people are inclined to study every nuance of every issue, but newspaper editorial boards make it easy with their list of endorsements and summary rationales.  Virtually every major paper offers endorsements to help voters.  How can you be undecided?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: "I'm undecided"
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 01:53:51 PM »
I hope you idiots in CA go for Brown and your state burns to the ground.  I am going to love every second of it. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 01:55:59 PM »
This is not a slam against Ozmo, but I have never understood voters who claim to be “undecided.”  Are they attention whores?  Are they simply not paying attention to the candidates and issues?  Are they just stupid?  How, when faced with two candidates that are so diametrically opposed, can one be undecided when given a choice between Bush/Gore, Obama/McCain, Brown/Whitman, Boxer/Fiorinna?  Even if one does not like the major party candidates it is not that hard to find a third party candidate that is in line with your sensibilities and priorities for federal, state, or local government.  I can respect people who choose a candidate I do not support, but I cannot respect voters who are undecided—even up until days before an election.

Are you undecided?  Why?  What are you expecting or hoping to hear that is going to help you make a decision and why couldn’t you make this decision before now? ???

Simple:  Because they both suck.

And unfortunately, in our politics we are often voting against a candidate rather then for one.  I think that's an awful way to decide a candidate.  Additionally, I don't like to vote party line.  I think that's irresponsible.  I like Wittman more than Brown.  But frankly not enough to be sure of my vote for her at the moment.  Is trying to make a careful choice and being "frank" about my doubts ok with you?  Must everyone be sure and decided?

Yeah, if am an attention "whore."  Should i side with Wittmen then?  ;D

The reason i replied to your post is because i wanted to see you reasoning as to why you are "sure" Brown is the right guy for the job.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »

And unfortunately, in our politics we are often voting against a candidate rather then for one.  I think that's an awful way to decide a candidate.  Additionally, I don't like to vote party line.  I think that's irresponsible.  I like Wittman more than Brown.  But frankly not enough to be sure of my vote for her at the moment.  Is trying to make a careful choice and being "frank" about my doubts ok with you?  Must everyone be sure and decided?

Yeah, i am an attention "whore."  Should i side with Wittmen then?  ;D

To me its very simple - do you go with a proven failure (Brown) or a succesful CEO (Whitman)?

A vote for Brown is a vote for rubber stamping the craziness in your legislature.  A vote for Whitmann is a gamble no doubt, but at least you have a 50-50 chance of suxccess or failure whereas with Brown it is a 100% chance of failure. 

My .02   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 02:00:46 PM »
I hope you idiots in CA go for Brown and your state burns to the ground.  I am going to love every second of it. 

How's that soda tax working for ya?

How about that all white neighborhood libertarian you live in?

How about that Budget draining parasite called NYC?

;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 02:02:18 PM »
To me its very simple - do you go with a proven failure (Brown) or a succesful CEO (Whitman)?

A vote for Brown is a vote for rubber stamping the craziness in your legislature.  A vote for Whitmann is a gamble no doubt, but at least you have a 50-50 chance of suxccess or failure whereas with Brown it is a 100% chance of failure. 

My .02   

thanks, kind of how i feel but not with the 100% chance of failure with Brown.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 02:03:47 PM »
How's that soda tax working for ya?

How about that all white neighborhood libertarian you live in?

How about that Budget draining parasite called NYC?

;)

NY is a perfect example of what you get when you vote for far left liberal types with no restraint.  NYS is a disaster and we have as bad of problems as you do, and we are going to get everything we deserve with Cuomo.  

At least you have a legitimate choice.  We don't.  

People are fleeing this state due to the left wing craziness and I hear that the same thing is occuring in Cali.    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 02:04:42 PM »
thanks, kind of how i feel but not with the 100% chance of failure with Brown.

Just do a little research with Brown and his record when he was gov with the public employee pensions. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 02:11:13 PM »

That about sums it up.  

It's also a little arrogant to criticize people who happen to think a little differently than you (referring to Bay).  I see nothing wrong with people having a hard time choosing between candidates.  Not everyone is an ideologue.  Some people actually weigh a variety of factors when deciding who to vote for.  And in some cases the candidates are just not very good.  

For example, that was sort of the case in Bush v. Gore.  You essentially had to pick the evil of two lessers.   :)  For some reason, we don't always put our best and brightest at the top of tickets.  That contributes to tough decisions for thoughtful voters.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 02:16:42 PM »
I told people even if they hated there were a lot of good reasons to vote for him: 

1.  Check on the Congress. 
2.  Supreme Court Picks
3.  Foreign Policy

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 02:24:39 PM »
I told people even if they hated there were a lot of good reasons to vote for him: 

2.  Supreme Court Picks
3.  Foreign Policy

True.  I was not all that impressed with either one going into the election. 

I also don't like having to vote against candidates.  That's in part what I did in 08 (voted against Obama).

But like you say, the balance of power, court picks, etc. are big factors.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »
True.  I was not all that impressed with either one going into the election. 

I also don't like having to vote against candidates.  That's in part what I did in 08 (voted against Obama).

But like you say, the balance of power, court picks, etc. are big factors.   

Beach - if you want to laugh - go back to the posts about obama around November 2008.  i said early on that Obama would be an unmitigated disaster if he let Pelosi/Reid run the the show and the agenda and he did not disastynace himself from those freaks. 

Guess what he did?  Exactly what I warned against.  This is why I haze zero sympathy for him or his supporters sitting in agony as to the failure he is widely perceived as.  He has only himselfg to blame, as does anyone who voted for him and claims to not have seen all of this coming a mile away. 

Anyone with a clue knew obama would be a complete disaster. 

As for "undecided" voters, I really can't figure them out most of the time. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 04:26:12 PM »
Being undecided in the early stages of a primary makes sense.  In the late stages of a general election... not so much.  Have you ever seen undecided voters interviewed?  And listened to them explain why they are undecided?  Not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer.

"Let's see, this rich, bored woman is running for governor.  She claims that she is concerned about the public welfare of our state, but she, herself, hasn't voted for 30 years. Newspapers across the state say that she 'has demonstrated through her campaign a loose relationship with the truth, a poor understanding of government and a penchant for platitudes. Her carefully packaged positions offer pat solutions for problems whose depth and complexity clearly elude her.'  Should I vote for her?  Hmmm, I don't know... I'm undecided"  ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »
Being undecided in the early stages of a primary make sense.  In the late stages of a general election... not so much.  Have you ever seen undecided voters interviewed?  And listened to them explain why they are undecided?  Not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer.

"Let's see, this rich, bored woman is running for governor.  She claims that she is concerned about the public welfare of our state, but she, herself, hasn't voted for 30 years. Newspapers across the state say that she 'has demonstrated through her campaign a loose relationship with the truth, a poor understanding of government and a penchant for platitudes. Her carefully packaged positions offer pat solutions for problems whose depth and complexity clearly elude her.'  Should I vote for her?  Hmmm, I don't know... I'm undecided"  ::)

LOL
I hate the State.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »
Being undecided in the early stages of a primary make sense.  In the late stages of a general election... not so much.  Have you ever seen undecided voters interviewed?  And listened to them explain why they are undecided?  Not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer.

"Let's see, this rich, bored woman is running for governor.  She claims that she is concerned about the public welfare of our state, but she, herself, hasn't voted for 30 years. Newspapers across the state say that she 'has demonstrated through her campaign a loose relationship with the truth, a poor understanding of government and a penchant for platitudes. Her carefully packaged positions offer pat solutions for problems whose depth and complexity clearly elude her.'  Should I vote for her?  Hmmm, I don't know... I'm undecided"  ::)

Bah ha ha ha ha ha

Doom is amused.

shortfrenchman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »

2.  Supreme Court Picks
3.  Foreign Policy

Hah, he sure failed on that.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 05:18:01 PM »

It's a choice between a giant douche a Turd sandwich..

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 06:12:25 PM »
Being undecided in the early stages of a primary makes sense.  In the late stages of a general election... not so much.  Have you ever seen undecided voters interviewed?  And listened to them explain why they are undecided?  Not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer.

"Let's see, this rich, bored woman is running for governor.  She claims that she is concerned about the public welfare of our state, but she, herself, hasn't voted for 30 years. Newspapers across the state say that she 'has demonstrated through her campaign a loose relationship with the truth, a poor understanding of government and a penchant for platitudes. Her carefully packaged positions offer pat solutions for problems whose depth and complexity clearly elude her.'  Should I vote for her?  Hmmm, I don't know... I'm undecided"  ::)
So I take it you are voting against her.  That makes a lot of sense. ::)  I will ask again, why are you supporting Brown?

Undecided late in the race means stupid to you?  You think that the few people you watched interviewed on tv who are undecided are representative of all undecided voters? And you ignore the other issues such as both parties once again have a served up rotten tomatoes yet you insist people should be sure about rotten tomatoes?
That's ignorant.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 06:42:03 PM »

What's interesting to, is some your reasoning for not supporting Meg Wittmen:

this rich, bored woman is running for governor

So if they are rich and bored they shouldn't run for office?  If they are rich and bored you shouldn't vote for them?  You know for a fact she is bored and that's why she is running?

Sounds like your objectivity is a victim of stereotyping.

She claims that she is concerned about the public welfare of our state, but she, herself, hasn't voted for 30 years.

Because didn't vote she doesn't care about the welfare of the state yet she helped employ thousands in this state.  

So far you are sounding more on the level of an "undecided voter"

Newspapers across the state say that she 'has demonstrated through her campaign a loose relationship with the truth, a poor understanding of government and a penchant for platitudes.  Her carefully packaged positions offer pat solutions for problems whose depth and complexity clearly elude her.'

And the editors or columnist who wrote these things, are they democrats?  Liberals?  People who stand to gain with state aid?  "Packaged positions" as if this is something new in politics.

It's nothing more than opinions of which i do agree some what.  However, this state is a mess.  There are few solutions that don't involve pain of some sort.  

One thing is for sure there is monumental monetary waste in California.  Do you deny that?  Who is better qualified to clean that up?  

Now, again, can you help me see why i should vote for Jerry Brown?  Can you point out why, with out slamming Meg Wittman in the process?

That's all i am asking.  That's all i was asking on the other thread.  

If you can't just say so.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 12:33:34 AM »
Carter's fault.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 01:41:07 AM »
Carter's fault.

Actually it goes back a little further. It was Nixon's fault! ...and yes... tricky dickey was a crook!  ;D
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 06:26:28 AM »
Actually it goes back a little further. It was Nixon's fault! ...and yes... tricky dickey was a crook!  ;D

Yup - Nixon getting us off the Gold Standard and opening up China really did not work out too well for us. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 08:17:28 AM »
Undecided late in the race means stupid to you? 
YES  ;)
!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »

Now, again, can you help me see why i should vote for Jerry Brown?  Can you point out why, with out slamming Meg Wittman in the process?

That's all i am asking.  That's all i was asking on the other thread.  

If you can't just say so.

^^^ This.

newmom

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 10:06:22 AM »
I'm still not sure who to vote for in this State..McMahon or Blumenthal