Author Topic: More lies from Obama - Admits "Shovel Ready Jobs" never existed.  (Read 10376 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: More lies from Obama - Admits "Shovel Ready Jobs" never existed.
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 10:58:42 AM »
that was a direct quote from Obama to the author of the article?

Yes, and David Brooks, a fan of Obama, said Obama told him the same exact thing over a year ago and the whole thing was a ruse to sell the Stim Bill - did you watch the clip or read the transcript I posted?  

So now we have two people saying Obama told them this and you somehow are still in complete denial.  Go figure.

Same as with obama telling the NASA Admn to focus as his No. 1 priority muslim outreach.  The far left dolts believe Obama over a hero like Bolden for some odd reason.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 10:59:25 AM »

Jindal's not a lapdog, he's just toeing the party line because he has ambitions of being a VP selection down the road.

I can't fault him for that - more misguided than anything else.

Right.  Being a liberal lapdop yourself, you'd know all about that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2010, 10:59:49 AM »

I should have guessed.  

240 - "i am a libertarian"     - ha ha ha.  

you know I dont take any of this shit seriously man.  I was prepped for SHTF since 06.  When you were paying obama era prices for your straps, i was cleaning mine, bought cheap as the AWB ended in 04.  I know more about foreign currency than USD lol...

so really, this is just entertainment.  I dont' get mad when beach bum calls me a lapdog, cause I know he is laughing too.  He's a funny looking dude lol!  The mirror amuses him from minute 1 of the day, and he's just having fun on getbig too!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »

Jindal's not a lapdog, he's just toeing the party line because he has ambitions of being a VP selection down the road.

I can't fault him for that - more misguided than anything else.

So now you have to drag Jindle in this.  Amazing you did bring Palin up yet.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2010, 11:01:25 AM »

So now you have to drag Jindle in this.  Amazing you did bring Palin up yet. 

your article talked about the failure of governors to have these jobs ready.

But I recall Jindal with a big sign "jobs jobs jobs", spending up that obama money to keep ppl in his state employed.

You, me, and a few other getbiggers who don't smoke weed just happen to be the most emotional dudes on the poli board lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »
your article talked about the failure of governors to have these jobs ready.

But I recall Jindal with a big sign "jobs jobs jobs", spending up that obama money to keep ppl in his state employed.

You, me, and a few other getbiggers who don't smoke weed just happen to be the most emotional dudes on the poli board lol

Its not emotion - its cold hard fact.  I called the Stim Bill a disaster before it was passed and have been proven right.  You still have no manned up on that even though you were supposed to back in august. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 11:06:56 AM »
Its not emotion - its cold hard fact.  I called the Stim Bill a disaster before it was passed and have been proven right.  You still have no manned up on that even though you were supposed to back in august. 

i already admitted more of it failed than succeeded - thus it was a failure.  that was like 6 weeks ago bro.

however, i have very high standards.  Bush failed miserably on his own iraq war metrics, and most 'lapdogs' here declared it an awesome win - 7 years and 4000 lives and 2 trillion bucks later.

So maybe, just maybe, if the stim bill succeeds and returns the UE rate to 8% - only it takes 7 years and kills 4000 people and costs 2 trillion bucks - maybe THEN you will consider it a SUCCESS *using your own Iraq war benchmarks*

Me, I'll stay consistent - high standards.  it didn't meet the timeline - FAIL. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 11:07:44 AM »
Yes, and David Brooks, a fan of Obama, said Obama told him the same exact thing over a year ago and the whole thing was a ruse to sell the Stim Bill - did you watch the clip or read the transcript I posted?  

So now we have two people saying Obama told them this and you somehow are still in complete denial.  Go figure.

Same as with obama telling the NASA Admn to focus as his No. 1 priority muslim outreach.  The far left dolts believe Obama over a hero like Bolden for some odd reason.    

Obama said it was a "ruse"

where's that quote

btw - I don't have a problem if this claim of no shovel ready jobs was a realization after the fact but if it was intentional ruse as you say, then that's different.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2010, 11:13:58 AM »
DAVID BROOKS: It was obvious. I mean, you are trying to build a stimulus package. And when they were trying to build it, believe me, they would have loved to have filled it with infrastructure jobs. But the projects just didn’t exist. They couldn’t do it. They couldn’t find them.

________________________ ________________

So obama goes across the nation with the speeches I posted above KNOWING that these projects are all nonsense to sell the stupid Stim Bill and we are supposed to believe that only after the fact obama realized this?  Please. 

Same bs, different bill and issue. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »

will you apply the same standards/benchmarks for success to the Stim, as you did the Iraq war?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »

will you apply the same standards/benchmarks for success to the Stim, as you did the Iraq war?

Yes, on balance, the iraq war was a waste of money, resources, and was a disaster, only saved by the last minute gamble of the surge which your hero said would fail and not work.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2010, 11:26:52 AM »
DAVID BROOKS: It was obvious. I mean, you are trying to build a stimulus package. And when they were trying to build it, believe me, they would have loved to have filled it with infrastructure jobs. But the projects just didn’t exist. They couldn’t do it. They couldn’t find them.

________________________ ________________

So obama goes across the nation with the speeches I posted above KNOWING that these projects are all nonsense to sell the stupid Stim Bill and we are supposed to believe that only after the fact obama realized this?  Please. 

Same bs, different bill and issue. 

looks like a quote from Brooks not Obama

the idea that there are no infrastructure work needed is ridculous.   We have bridges/roads all over the country in various stages of disrepair   I saw work on highways near my house that were being funded by stimulus dollars

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2010, 11:28:30 AM »
Yes, on balance, the iraq war was a waste of money, resources, and was a disaster, only saved by the last minute gamble of the surge which your hero said would fail and not work.   

Soooo by your standards - IF - seven years too late and at extreme add'l cost - UE drops below 8%, it'll suddenly become a SUCCESS?

Or are you only applying that standard to a republican thing, the war, but you don't give the dem offering that same "grace period"?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2010, 11:30:07 AM »
looks like a quote from Brooks not Obama

the idea that there are no infrastructure work needed is ridculous.   We have bridges/roads all over the country in various stages of disrepair   I saw work on highways near my house that were being funded by stimulus dollars

The Stim bill was only 4-10% infrastructure.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2010, 11:32:23 AM »
Soooo by your standards - IF - seven years too late and at extreme add'l cost - UE drops below 8%, it'll suddenly become a SUCCESS?

Or are you only applying that standard to a republican thing, the war, but you don't give the dem offering that same "grace period"?

::)  ::)

Dear God are you blind.  There is nothing in the stim bill that was ever intended to bring down UE in the first place.  It was a give away to the far left.   

Additionally - the Stim bill money was already spent and there is nothing at all that will have any residual impact on UE 7 years from now. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2010, 11:34:53 AM »
The Stim bill was only 4-10% infrastructure.   

do remember me saying how it should be more infrastructure and less bullshit?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2010, 11:36:25 AM »
do remember me saying how it should be more infrastructure and less bullshit?

Yes I do.  It sdhould have been mostly infrastructure IMHO.   Dams, water treatment facilities, levys, desalinzation projects, nuke plants, etc.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2010, 04:24:27 PM »
Obama said it was a "ruse"

where's that quote

btw - I don't have a problem if this claim of no shovel ready jobs was a realization after the fact but if it was intentional ruse as you say, then that's different.  

of course you dont  ::)

just like you have no problem with him being wrong about the stimulus, health care bill, finreg etc...

::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2010, 04:26:12 PM »
of course you dont  ::)

just like you have no problem with him being wrong about the stimulus, health care bill, finreg etc...

::)

go find the quote where obama said it was a "ruse"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »
go find the quote where obama said it was a "ruse"

Im not arguing that part brain child...

Im arguing the complete and total incompetency and idiocy of this moron we have as president...

How did he not know that there were no shovel ready projects? what made this dumb ass think there was shovel ready projects?

his constant hindering of the economy and putting his agenda in front of the welfare of the citizens of this country is just plain sickening but hey I guess you have no problem with any of that  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2010, 05:32:21 PM »
Im not arguing that part brain child...

Im arguing the complete and total incompetency and idiocy of this moron we have as president...

How did he not know that there were no shovel ready projects? what made this dumb ass think there was shovel ready projects?

his constant hindering of the economy and putting his agenda in front of the welfare of the citizens of this country is just plain sickening but hey I guess you have no problem with any of that  ::)

constant hindering

god that fucking laughable

if he did as the Repubs would have preferred (nothing but tax cuts) we'd have 25% unemployment right now, more failed banks and more foreclourese than we currently and maybe one ddomestic auto manufacturer

I'll take a POTUS who can admit mistake and learn from them rather than one who pretends he's never made a mistake (or worse, truly believes it)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
constant hindering

god that fucking laughable

if he did as the Repubs would have preferred (nothing but tax cuts) we'd have 25% unemployment right now, more failed banks and more foreclourese than we currently and maybe one ddomestic auto manufacturer

I'll take a POTUS who can admit mistake and learn from them rather than one who pretends he's never made a mistake (or worse, truly believes it)
lol actually the reps are the ones who did the started bail outs remember that was under bush...but hey revise as you wish...

you think health care, finereg, not extending bush tax cuts, cap/trade talk etc..etc...has helped or hurt the economy straw?

arent you a finance guy? you have to have some understanding of economics my friend...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2010, 05:52:43 PM »
lol actually the reps are the ones who did the started bail outs remember that was under bush...but hey revise as you wish...

you think health care, finereg, not extending bush tax cuts, cap/trade talk etc..etc...has helped or hurt the economy straw?

arent you a finance guy? you have to have some understanding of economics my friend...

of course I remember

I just figured you were a "blame Obama for everything" guy and of course the Obama admin continued the them so virtually all Repubs pretend that they are his to begin with

the repubs designed the bush tax cuts to sunset on the last day of 2010 because they were passed with reconciliation and didn't include any mechanism to offset the lost revenue

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2010, 06:02:26 PM »
of course I remember

I just figured you were a "blame Obama for everything" guy and of course the Obama admin continued the them so virtually all Repubs pretend that they are his to begin with

the repubs designed the bush tax cuts to sunset on the last day of 2010 because they were passed with reconciliation and didn't include any mechanism to offset the lost revenue
you find that offensive? do you like how obama crammed his bull shit of a health care bill down our throats like that?

why didnt you answer the question straw?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »
you find that offensive? do you like how obama crammed his bull shit of a health care bill down our throats like that?

why didnt you answer the question straw?

find what offensive

I'm simply stating a fact

Bush tax cuts were passed with reconciliation and legislation passed with reconciliation does not allow for that legislation to increase deficits beyond the fiscal year covered by reconciliation measure.

Since the Bush tax cuts increased the deficit (remember that thing you hate so much about Obama) the Repubs knew that hey to put in a sunset provision or they wouldn't have been able to pass them in the first place............because ........as I said before.....they increased the deficit

if you have a problem with the deficit then you must be against extending the bush era tax cuts