Author Topic: New full body scanners at Honolulu Airport unveiled  (Read 40675 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: New full body scanners at Honolulu Airport unveiled
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2010, 05:45:29 AM »
again, kiss my ass, don't tell me what to do.

I'm not telling you what to do.  The airline is.  Don't like it?  Don't fly.

So you can kiss my ass or come up with a better argument.  Doesn't matter which to me as seeing you haven't been effective at either.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2010, 05:48:45 AM »
I'm not telling you what to do.  The airline is.  Don't like it?  Don't fly.

So you can kiss my ass or come up with a better argument.  Doesn't matter which to me as seeing you haven't been effective at either.
::) no, you have to come up with a better argument fool...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2010, 05:53:19 AM »
::) no, you have to come up with a better argument fool...

No I don't.  As stated, don't like it, don't fly. 

Cry about the 4th amendment?  But silence about the 2nd?

Don't want a scan or pat down, then don't show up on their premises.  When the TSA enter private residences or public areas to start scanning and patting people down, then we got some Constitution violations. 

Instead of crying about it over and over nonstop on this board I would suggest you either petition your lawmakers or find a more competent travel agent that can arrange private flights for you.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2010, 05:53:31 AM »
Israel profiles and they haven't had a hijacking or terrorist attack on their planes since what now, the 60s? Makes one think.  :-X

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2010, 05:53:49 AM »
sorry, I added a bit more to the post above.  just didn't get it added in time.

No problem and you are right.....and that is one of the problems with this lib vs con, dem vs repub, etc.... attitude that people have.  That is why the govt can get so much of this garbage passed.  No matter what the issue, it quickly becomes an "us vs them" attitude and people typically side with the position they have been told to by their "party."  Very sad.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2010, 05:55:13 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=356195.0

::)

You have the freedom of speech but can you say anything you want at your employers property and not suffer consequences?

You have the 2nd amendment, but can you practice that on airlines now?  Selective crying isn't effective crying.  Right now you are just crying.

I'll check back later and see if you got something better to add.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2010, 05:59:01 AM »
Hey, I scream louder than anyone about that Arizona rights violations.

I'm saying - if you want to fly on an airplane, run by a private company, it's a privledge, not a right.  You can walk, ride a bike, take a train.  if you don't like their policy, you don't NEED to use it. 

Believe me - if a cop puts his hands on my body and searches and violates me without my consent - I'm the first to call beach bum and ask him for the ACLU's phone number.  But if I disagree with the invasive policies of a car wash, a restaurant, or an airline - I'm free to choose not to use their service.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2010, 06:00:11 AM »
Why are people directing their rage at Americans who disagree with this and not at the religious demographic that is 100% responsible for this?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2010, 06:02:00 AM »
Hey, I scream louder than anyone about that Arizona rights violations.

I'm saying - if you want to fly on an airplane, run by a private company, it's a privledge, not a right.  You can walk, ride a bike, take a train.  if you don't like their policy, you don't NEED to use it. 

Believe me - if a cop puts his hands on my body and searches and violates me without my consent - I'm the first to call beach bum and ask him for the ACLU's phone number.  But if I disagree with the invasive policies of a car wash, a restaurant, or an airline - I'm free to choose not to use their service.

What about business people who HAVE to travel using airlines?  Don't give me the other options horseshit...if someone has to travel throughout the US, or especially overseas, they don't have a choice.....or should they just "find another job?"  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2010, 06:08:05 AM »
Israel profiles and they haven't had a hijacking or terrorist attack on their planes since what now, the 60s? Makes one think.  :-X

I fully favor profiling instead of groping granny. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2010, 06:09:46 AM »
What about business people who HAVE to travel using airlines?  Don't give me the other options horseshit...if someone has to travel throughout the US, or especially overseas, they don't have a choice.....or should they just "find another job?"  ::)

They are choosing a career which is dependent upon a private company for their transportation.

If I decide to open a lemonade stand at the north pole, I have no right to complain about having to pay outrageous dogsled prices to get me to work every day.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2010, 06:16:31 AM »

They are choosing a career which is dependent upon a private company for their transportation.

If I decide to open a lemonade stand at the north pole, I have no right to complain about having to pay outrageous dogsled prices to get me to work every day.

::)  ::) 

"240 - I am a libertarian"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2010, 06:18:59 AM »

::)  ::) 

"240 - I am a libertarian"

and part of this freedom is allowing any company to operate as they please.

Would you go to israel and scream about how invasive their pre-flight screening is?

Or would you get on the plane and enjoy your safety?

I guess we're all off kilter a little... some people who scream about how wrong these searches are - are a-okay with giving police the power to pull over a person in AZ and demand birth cert or get deported.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2010, 06:21:36 AM »
Israel does not grope granny - they profile terrorists.

________________________ ________________________ ____________________

Man claims Charlotte TSA employee groped his 6-year-old son
WBTV News ^ | 11-18-10 | Brigida Mack

________________________ ________________________ _____________________

WBTV found the anonymous submission on a blog, "We Won't Fly." The man says the incident happened earlier this month and he describes how his little boy was traumatized saying the TSA agent groped his groin and that the little boy left the checkpoint in tears.

The commenter says his son was aggressively patted down by a TSA employee.

"He was pleading for me to help him and I was admonished for trying to comfort him," the comment on the blog states. "His genitals area was groped. He walked down to the plane in tears."

(Excerpt) Read more at wbtv.com ...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2010, 06:25:23 AM »
and part of this freedom is allowing any company to operate as they please.

Would you go to israel and scream about how invasive their pre-flight screening is?

Or would you get on the plane and enjoy your safety?

I guess we're all off kilter a little... some people who scream about how wrong these searches are - are a-okay with giving police the power to pull over a person in AZ and demand birth cert or get deported.

Do you really think the "companies" ie: airlines are down with this? hahaha......it's the govt/TSA that is forcing it upon them.  As independent companies, shouldn't they have the right to decide how THEIR passengers are searched by your logic?  We all constantly fall under govt regulations, its just that some make sense and others are too far reaching. 

As for the immigration comparison, I feel EVERY citizen of the US should be able to prove it when they are asked.  I know why you feel how you do with the incident you had with the cops......but that somehow you see that a violation of your rights and this isn't is a weak argument.  See it goes both ways....

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2010, 06:33:41 AM »
Do you really think the "companies" ie: airlines are down with this? hahaha......it's the govt/TSA that is forcing it upon them.  As independent companies, shouldn't they have the right to decide how THEIR passengers are searched by your logic?  We all constantly fall under govt regulations, its just that some make sense and others are too far reaching. 

As for the immigration comparison, I feel EVERY citizen of the US should be able to prove it when they are asked.  I know why you feel how you do with the incident you had with the cops......but that somehow you see that a violation of your rights and this isn't is a weak argument.  See it goes both ways....

The problem with that is that they wouldn't search anything as it wouldn't be the least bit cost-effective.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2010, 06:39:22 AM »
The problem with that is that they wouldn't search anything as it wouldn't be the least bit cost-effective.

I agree, I was just making a point to 240 that you can't have it both ways.  Why should airlines be told they have to condone the searches? because people don't HAVE to use the airlines, by his view, so shouldn't it be a choice and just inform the passengers?

Or how about putting the scanners as we get on buses as we don't HAVE to use buses.....or how about ships/boats? 

Israel doesn't use these scanners, as you pointed out, and they have a great record thrwarting terrorist plane attacks......how about we follow their model?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2010, 06:41:54 AM »

To: dfwgator
It sure does!

“”Mr. Chertoff should not be allowed to abuse the trust the public has placed in him as a former public servant to privately gain from the sale of full-body scanners under the pretense that the scanners would have detected this particular type of explosive,” said Kate Hanni, founder of FlyersRights.org, which opposes the use of the scanners.

Rapiscan has already sold 150 full body scanners to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), with a price tag of $25 million. Rapiscan full body scanners, like the Rapiscan WaveScan 200, seem to be the preferred scanner of choice because they obscure the “private parts.”

But the fully body scanner lobby is also littered with a number of companies vying for the $300 million dollars the government has set aside for this type of technology for airports.

The Washington Examiner has a list of other full body scanner lobbyists including another heavy weight, Tom Blank, with the lobby group Wexler & Walker(pdf) - A lobby group that represents American Science and Engineering (AS&E) another full body scanner manufacturer.Blank was the former Deputy Administrator of the Transportation Security Administration - essentially Blank is lobbying the same federal department where he was boss.”

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/full-body-scanner-lobby-michael-chertoff-rapiscan-2552674.html

The Lawsuits are starting. I’m glad if they put a stop to it but at the same time it’s ridiculous that it’s going on and the taxpayers will have to bear the losses.

cnn - pilot files lawsuit over tsa body scanners

An Amarillo woman is suing the federal government for intentional infliction of emotional distress after Transportation Security Administration agents allegedly humiliated the woman when her breasts were publicly exposed during an “extended search” two years ago at a Corpus Christi airport.

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2010-10-11/lawsuit-airport-search-indecent

Why I Filed Suit Against the TSA

http://tsaoutofourpants.wordpress.com/

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2010, 06:43:21 AM »
I agree, I was just making a point to 240 that you can't have it both ways.  Why should airlines be told they have to condone the searches? because people don't HAVE to use the airlines, by his view, so shouldn't it be a choice and just inform the passengers?

Or how about putting the scanners as we get on buses as we don't HAVE to use buses.....or how about ships/boats? 

Israel doesn't use these scanners, as you pointed out, and they have a great record thrwarting terrorist plane attacks......how about we follow their model?

Sadly, our pussified PC society would never stand for it. The Muslims were already trying to worm their way out of having to go through these scans or pat-downs because of their "religious rights being violated". The TSA told them to fuck off, though.

Why are people directing their rage at Americans who disagree with their views on this topic and not at the religious demographic that is 100% responsible for this?

:D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2010, 06:46:09 AM »
Exactly - EVERYONE knows who is the main culprit hee and most likely to commit acts of terrorism, and t is not granny. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2010, 06:50:11 AM »
Exactly - EVERYONE knows who is the main culprit hee and most likely to commit acts of terrorism, and t is not granny. 

I laugh at the PC asshats who have the gall to say "when I get on a plane, I don't even notice if their are muslims on it....."  Lying sacks of shit......or too stupid to be allowed to fly.....those are the only two explantions.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2010, 06:51:43 AM »
  ???

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2010, 06:52:51 AM »
  ???

I'm going to eat nothing but beans, steak and icecream for a week before the next time I fly and just see how they like some personal aroma in their faces......haha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2010, 06:58:05 AM »
I'm going to eat nothing but beans, steak and icecream for a week before the next time I fly and just see how they like some personal aroma in their faces......haha

That was from Drudge.

Yeah - this is really doing something.   ::)  ::)