Author Topic: dear god-my left arm is possibly now infected!  (Read 3754 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: dear god-my left arm is possibly now infected!
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 06:19:22 PM »
As for the ER- unless you have a fever or you start lose sensation in your arm/hand or have worsening pain, i wouldnt bother... just follow up with your doctor. MOST ER docs are morons and there is no reason to admit you, so you are wasting your time and theirs. You'll get much better care if you follow up with your doctor.

yeah the dr at the clinic told me unless i get fever chills pain etc-then i dont have to go
they gave me an anitbiotic pill at the clinic and ill pick up the prescirip tomm morn
w

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 06:23:39 PM »
The issue is that so many people use the Emergency Rooms for NON emergency issues... whenever I take surgical consults in the ER, id say 70% of the time I am called, it is for bullshit that can be handled in the outpatient setting... The other issue is people bouncing from ER to ER and hospital to hospital... you will never get good care if you are going all over town seeing different doctors...

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 06:25:39 PM »
The issue is that so many people use the Emergency Rooms for NON emergency issues... whenever I take surgical consults in the ER, id say 70% of the time I am called, it is for bullshit that can be handled in the outpatient setting... The other issue is people bouncing from ER to ER and hospital to hospital... you will never get good care if you are going all over town seeing different doctors...
the clinic was busy
but it closes @ 8pm-so now all of them go to the er-the clinic dr said the wait would be 5 hrs in the er tonight
w

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 06:26:25 PM »
yeah the dr at the clinic told me unless i get fever chills pain etc-then i dont have to go
they gave me an anitbiotic pill at the clinic and ill pick up the prescirip tomm morn

Cool i think that is very reasonable.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 06:28:36 PM »
Best of luck
U

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »
thx jimmy
and thx everyone
w

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 06:30:23 PM »
the clinic was busy
but it closes @ 8pm-so now all of them go to the er-the clinic dr said the wait would be 5 hrs in the er tonight

LOL Again the issue is that people come to the ER with non-emergency issues... when i was a med student doing an ER rotation, i remember patients coming in with knee pain that started two weeks ago and all kinds of stupid shit, it drove me nuts back then and completely turned me off to ER LOL

9 out of 10 times, if u are showing up to the ER after 8pm, you can probably wait until the morning to see your primary doctor during office hours... sure, if you are acutely ill, have severe pain, high fever or a bad injury, by all means that is what the ER is for... but i think a big problem with the health care system currently is that people are using the Emergency Room as their primary care doctor... this has to stop!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »
LOL Again the issue is that people come to the ER with non-emergency issues... when i was a med student doing an ER rotation, i remember patients coming in with knee pain that started two weeks ago and all kinds of stupid shit, it drove me nuts back then and completely turned me off to ER LOL

9 out of 10 times, if u are showing up to the ER after 8pm, you can probably wait until the morning to see your primary doctor during office hours... sure, if you are acutely ill, have severe pain, high fever or a bad injury, by all means that is what the ER is for... but i think a big problem with the health care system currently is that people are using the Emergency Room as their primary care doctor... this has to stop!
ah ok
w

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 06:33:36 PM »
5 hour wait in the ER... tells you something doesn't it? If all these people REALLY needed to be in the ER- in 5 hours they would probably be dead LOL

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 06:35:01 PM »
5 hour wait in the ER... tells you something doesn't it? If all these people REALLY needed to be in the ER- in 5 hours they would probably be dead LOL

yeah ya right
in the clinic it was a lotta families w kids coughing
and a few hurt knees and arms
w

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »
yeah ya right
in the clinic it was a lotta families w kids coughing
and a few hurt knees and arms

LOL sounds PAINFUL to me... i could never do primary care. I had to do 6 weeks of family "rural medicine" and that almost did me in lol

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »
LOL sounds PAINFUL to me... i could never do primary care. I had to do 6 weeks of family "rural medicine" and that almost did me in lol
by the end of the night the staff looked worn out
w

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 06:40:30 PM »
by the end of the night the staff looked worn out

It's not that, its that you are dealing with mostly bullshit problems... refilling blood pressure medicine, treating coughs and colds and trying NOT to refill pain meds for junkies LOL those docs burn out quickly unless they are dealing with a better patient population.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »
A clinic? Why not go to a Dr's office? Aren't clinics for poor families and whatnot?
X

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »
A clinic? Why not go to a Dr's office? Aren't clinics for poor families and whatnot?

my guess is he doesnt have insurance...

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
my guess is he doesnt have insurance...

i have insurance-when i decided to go get checked out it was past office hours at my doctor office
so i went to this immediate care clinic thats part of the hospital where my surgery was done
w

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 06:52:49 PM »
i have insurance-when i decided to go get checked out it was past office hours at my doctor office
so i went to this immediate care clinic thats part of the hospital where my surgery was done

ah ok, so basically you are a lazy bastard who should have called his doctor during normal office hours lol

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 06:56:45 PM »
Dude, clinics don't give a shit. I would never go to a clinic unless I was on the verge of death.
X

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »
lol its not that they don't "give a shit", its more like they really cannot do much for you... but in the case of a simple skin infection- tossing the poor kid some antibiotics and instructing him to follow up with his surgeon is a reasonable thing to do.

Realistically, i dont know who this guys surgeon is, but he should have a 24-7 answering service to handle a call like this and be able to get antibiotics called into the pharmacy at any time... but it is a pain in the ass getting called after hours for shit like this, believe me.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »
I totally understand the point A DUB is making about how people abuse the use if the emergency room but Gene if you get a fever whether it is high or not, or if you feel dizzy or weak or nauseous, go to to the ER asap.

Better safe than sorry and sorry can include losing body parts and death if you get sepsis.
R

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 07:08:02 PM »
I totally understand the point A DUB is making about how people abuse the use if the emergency room but Gene if you get a fever whether it is high or not, or if you feel dizzy or weak or nauseous, go to to the ER asap.

Better safe than sorry and sorry can include losing body parts and death if you get sepsis.

I don't disagree, although im pretty confident that he isn't going to die of sepsis over night from a skin infection lol call your doc in the AM and make an appointment to see them, thats my advices.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 08:01:29 AM »
Hope you are feeling better Gene!