Author Topic: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011  (Read 97026 times)

Reeves

• Getbig IV
Re: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011
« Reply #275 on: October 27, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
:o

Reminds one of "The Diva" in the film, "The Fifth Element".

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #276 on: October 27, 2010, 11:09:28 PM »
Hopefully the same competitors do not keep placing in the same spots...

Also I watched the youtube interviews...hmmmm...the re were other competitors that followed the 20 percent less rule but were continually over looked...sad but true.  The only reason they stopped competing was because they were over looked time and time again.  Now it is time for the judges to actually do and say enough is enough.  I stayed in this sport even when I couldn't even get a second glance because of my size.  I never boo-hooed about it, because if the women are not doing this sport for themselves then they should not be doing it and if they are not staying true to themselves, they should not be doing it. Let's face it, there are no real benefits in being a pro, no health care or retirement package or even a salary as a competitor so do it for yourself first and then for your fans and say to hell with all the rest of the BS because we have all put ourselves out there to be judged.

I totally respect that!

Good luck in the future.

Mufasa

• Getbig II
  • Never Give Up Hope!
« Reply #277 on: October 29, 2010, 05:07:19 AM »
Bump....
“There comes a

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #278 on: October 29, 2010, 07:12:51 AM »
wow, what a COMPLETELY predictable...........no-boat-rocking, tow the company line,dont  ruffle feathers, dont step on toes..........i do what im told, "i wanna keep my job".............stale boring, sterile PC answer

betty pariso's "statment" is the verbal equivalent of khaki, Ph balance of zero.......just boring drivel........just complete dreck, fucking NOTHINGNESS

COMPLETE FUCKING NOTHINGNESS..........wit h the stench of ASS-kissery...........she has no opinion of her own, her opinion is what she is told to have if she want to retain her place in the industry

she should be embarrassed and ashamed of herself to actually call this regurgitation of company policy her own thought.......just utterly transparent

Betty had this to share today…

MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WITH A POSITIVE MESSAGE

TIME LINE:

April 2007: In 2007 I had created a overall program called Women’s Physique Division , and presented it to the IFBB Committee, and at that time it was rejected. I felt at the time, and still do that there is a big niche that we are missing…women that want to train and build some muscle.  Currently, we are missing a huge market, somewhere between the current level of Women’s Bodybuilding and Figure. Women that want muscle, just not to the excess…that is what I keep hearing from so many Women that they want. The progression of Women’s Bodybuilding over the years may have discouraged many from competition in our sport.

April 2010: I made the decision one month after the Arnold to retire from Women’s Bodybuilding. I was not tired of Women’s Bodybuilding, Competing or Training, but had decided I would not do what it takes to compete at that level of muscularity. Ed knew competing for me was so much of who I am…so we looked around and the only thing left out there for me was Figure. Although Figure is smaller than I wanted to be, I was excited with this new challenge, and it became a fun new goal for me that kept me motivated to change my body. I dropped 30 pounds in 3 months and of course loved the clothes I could fit into !

August 2010: Bob (Bob Chicherillo, the IFBB Pro Athlete’s Rep) contacts me and ask me to join and support a somewhat similar proposal that he too named “Women’s Physique Division”. I was happy to be involved and will lend my support and hopefully be able to give some ideas and direction. At this time the exact criteria is not known. You have heard directly from Steve Weinberger that Women’s Bodybuilding is not going anywhere.

MY THOUGHTS:  As a woman…I do feel in my heart it is the right direction and message regardless. I am always about being inclusive. I know some of you will not fit into this new category, but as it currently stands, many do not fit in either Figure or Pro Women’s Bodybuilding. So we have left out a huge group of women that will now have somewhere to go.

As I get older, and hopefully wiser I have always been concerned about the message we are sending to the young women coming up in the sport of female bodybuilding. The image that is winning at the highest level is a body image that is causing many women to make very difficult choices or drop out of the sport of Bodybuilding. For a lot of Women, some muscle on a woman is very beautiful…no question, but we are way over on the muscularity end of what many female bodybuilders originally liked about the sport and wanted for themselves.  If this new division proves to be successful in the NPC, then these women will now have the Women’s Physique Division in which to compete.

Women’s Bodybuilding has evolved to the highest level of muscularity, and it has created a huge void between Figure and Women’s Bodybuilding. Hopefully I will have some input in
developing the criteria and this new division lands somewhere in the middle.

Sincerely,
Betty Pariso
IFBB Women’s Bodybuilding Rep
IFBB Promoter

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: New Women's Physique Division
« Reply #279 on: October 31, 2010, 07:45:33 PM »
Hey Deb-

The details are being worked on as we speak, criteria and guidelines are being outlined and shows are being put into place (there will be no less than 6 qualifying shows in 2011, with a pro division to be in place starting the 2012 season.

No, as a pro, you will not have to RE-Q, as you will simply be able to compete in the WPD if you should choose.

We'll be issuing a "official" statement as soon as were prepared and details are in place...until then, feel free to ask any questions you wish...I'll be more than happy to give you answers

Bob, If its a totally new division, why would a pro FBB be able to just compete in a new division(WPD)? Are they all interchangeable? Can an IFBB pro FBB compete in an IFBB pro bikini class without turning pro in that division?

physeek

• Getbig I
  • Live everyday as if it's your last day on earth
Re: Women's Pro BB to be renamed Female Physique and shows to add more Bikini
« Reply #280 on: December 07, 2010, 01:39:56 PM »
Is this bodybuilding's way of being politically correct?  The NPC & IFBB are selling out for mainstream appeal.  We could see a rival federation that puts the focus back on bodybuilding.  

I don't think so...

Physique will not be for the mainstream, it takes too much effort, that's what they have the Bikini division for.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: New Women's Physique Division
« Reply #281 on: December 07, 2010, 03:15:44 PM »
Bob, If its a totally new division, why would a pro FBB be able to just compete in a new division(WPD)? Are they all interchangeable? Can an IFBB pro FBB compete in an IFBB pro bikini class without turning pro in that division?

yes, she could

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #282 on: December 07, 2010, 04:28:08 PM »
fbb needs to get abolished altogether, nobody other then hardcore schmoes wants to see a bunch of juiced up dyke's, fuck em

bring on the bikini and beach body girls!

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #283 on: December 08, 2010, 04:50:06 AM »
Rules are out:

http://www.npcnewsonline.com/rules_women.cfm

I'll be switching Physique when it becomes a division in the Pro ranks (2012).  Looking forward to it.   8)

:)

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #284 on: December 29, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »
I haven't taken the time to read everything in this thread, except to briefly glance at the rules you just posted, Lori.  Everywhere I turn, people ask me if I'm going to come back to the NPC and do the Physique division.  Right now, my answer is no.  I still feel that there are only so many times I can bang my head against a wall, expecting my head to win and the wall to give way when in reality I only walk home with headache and heartache and everyone around me telling me what "shoulda" occurred.

I do have questions that all should consider:

1.  Exactly when will competitors be given an objective rubric that outlines what the judges expect to see and where the various percentages are weighted when determining scores.  I've always said, "The more subjective the outcome, the more objective the judging."  I compare it to when I was teaching and grading essays, poetry, and other creative projects and had to explain to students and parents alike what the difference between an A+ project was from a C+ project.  It is only fair to the competitors who put in so much time, effort, money, and sacrifice to give give give to a sport that takes takes takes.

2.  Exactly what will keep Physique from going the same route that Bodybuilding went?  The pendulum always swings.  Remember that.  Just look at the history of figure to know what I'm talking about.  There were points where I was told I was too small and not muscular enough on top to make it to the pro ranks and then there was a point I was told I was too lean and too muscular to make it to the pro ranks.  Which is it?  Why the consistently moving targets in Figure?  What will keep the target on point and steady for Physique and stop the abuse of steroids, growth hormone, and diuretics?  Will drug testing finally occur in order to keep the Physique division from becoming counter productive to its original intentions?

3.  Why so many divisions?  I can tell you why.  To make money.  Whatever will sell will determine the outcome.  Keep the pendulum moving, and the cash keeps coming because from one year to the next and one show to the next, the outcome can vary, which means anyone can be a winner.  The more that all feel like they can achieve the look, the more likely they will pay the fees to trainers, promoters, organizations alike.

I'm not trying to start a hornet's nest, but I think these are valid questions.  When competitors take control of their own sport and put some resistance against an ever-moving pendulum in order to center it, then the sport will actually change.

Jodi

chris10000

• Getbig III
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2010, 10:01:22 AM »
Rules are out:

http://www.npcnewsonline.com/rules_women.cfm

I'll be switching Physique when it becomes a division in the Pro ranks (2012).  Looking forward to it.   8)

doesnt it make you curious:

who do you think does the website belong ?
take a look !

http://www.nationalphysiquecommittee.com/

Registrant:
J.M. Productions
James M. (J.M.) Manion
536 Washington Avenue
Bridgeville, PA 15017
US
Phone: +1.4122574555
Email: jmmnpc@aol.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: nationalphysiquecommitte e.com
Created on..............: 2000-05-02
Expires on..............: 2011-05-02

Administrative Contact:
J.M. Productions
J.M. Manion
P.O. Box 293
Presto, PA 15142-0293
US
Phone: 412-257-4555
Email: jmmnpc@aol.com

Technical Contact:
Register.Com
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 1-902-7492701
Email: domain-registrar@register.com

DNS Servers:
dns082.a.register.com
dns138.b.register.com
dns033.c.register.com
dns010.d.register.com

chris10000

• Getbig III
« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »
to better explain:

manion jr. (son of the boss) does have an agency...he contracts girls for shoots and for magazines work...
he is also the owner of the npc website....all informations right now about the new divisions are coming from jr.

if you want to know the judging rules, you have to find out which girls he will contract...after that the judging rules will be written to fit this girls (as was with bikini...ms o bikini...contracted with jr)

Yep, Junior's in on the ground floor for this one. That tells you (a) Senior will be kept informed, (b) the judging will be based on who'd look good in a photoshoot and (c) if you want to go pro, you'd better sign up with Junior in the amateurs.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2010, 03:51:06 PM »
to better explain:

manion jr. (son of the boss) does have an agency...he contracts girls for shoots and for magazines work...
he is also the owner of the npc website....all informations right now about the new divisions are coming from jr.

if you want to know the judging rules, you have to find out which girls he will contract...after that the judging rules will be written to fit this girls (as was with bikini...ms o bikini...contracted with jr)

Yep, Junior's in on the ground floor for this one. That tells you (a) Senior will be kept informed, (b) the judging will be based on who'd look good in a photoshoot and (c) if you want to go pro, you'd better sign up with Junior in the amateurs.

Ok ... but not exactly.

JM signs girls who are doing well or can do well.  Since some of us take pics and look out, if we see someone which can do great, of course, we promote it out there.  The fact that he signs competitors which placed first and go on to do well is fine.

Hell, on the local level here in California, there are a number of times in which I see great potential, as the the judges, and they go on to turn pro.  At least 10 or so in the last year.  And for next year, there are a few girls who also have great potential to turn pro. 

Do we talk? Of course? If the photographers and judges are excited about someone who can go pro, and do well, so be it that people listen.

chris10000

• Getbig III
« Reply #288 on: December 31, 2010, 03:54:00 AM »
  The fact that he signs competitors which placed first and go on to do well is fine.

he signed the ms o bikini before she won !

i would say the ifbb is a bunch of corupt people...and every court would tell the same...